HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Ice Hockey in China

Old
12-05-2011, 06:11 AM
Sitka

vCash: 500
Ice Hockey in China

I moved to Northeast China and have been playing an ice hockey tournament a month or so since I have been here. I'm wondering if anybody would be interested in a write-up (quality of rinks, stories, descriptions) and photos or if this is not that exciting for people. So far we've played other expat teams from around China, a few factory teams, a Mongolian team (that had national level players on it) and one Russian team.

Cheers

Sitka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 07:32 AM
AIREAYE

Read Dave Bidini's 'Tropic of Hockey' , he goes around China and Hong Kong (in addition to other places) and his recounts are absolutely amazing. Very fun to read, I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for in there

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 07:43 AM
Wilch
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sitka View Post
I moved to Northeast China and have been playing an ice hockey tournament a month or so since I have been here. I'm wondering if anybody would be interested in a write-up (quality of rinks, stories, descriptions) and photos or if this is not that exciting for people. So far we've played other expat teams from around China, a few factory teams, a Mongolian team (that had national level players on it) and one Russian team.

Cheers
I play in a league in Shanghai. I'm pretty sure you guys played the folks from my league. I didn't attend any of the tourneys but we got photos up on our league website.

http://shc.teamopolis.com/league/default.aspx

This league will be organizing tourneys to Taipei, Hong Kong, Bangkok, etc in the near future. These I heard are all quite competitive, but fun at the same time.

Wilch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 07:51 AM
Sitka

Double

Old
12-05-2011, 07:52 AM
Sitka

Yeah, you guys had one team at the Shenyang tourney. I think we're doing the Shanghai set this year and one in HK as well. Up to Harbin this weekend. I think a couple of your guys are heading up to our pond hockey tournament as well.

Nice season all things considered.