HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Friedman: Sabres State It WAS a Concussion for Miller

Old
12-04-2011, 09:28 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

vCash: 500
Awards:
Friedman: Sabres State It WAS a Concussion for Miller

Not sure if anyone else caught the first period round-table last night during HNiC, but Elliotte Friedman stated the Sabres did respond to Miller's comments by stating Ryan was diagnosed with a concussion, no t just a neck injury. So the team stands by the diagnosis and it also doesn't take away the fact Ryan missed a tenth of the season due to being run.

12-04-2011, 09:37 AM
flyingpig
Pay the Troll Toll

Miller never said he didn't have a concussion. He said it was of a neck issue. I think thatbhe had symptoms of both and the neck ended up being worse

flyingpig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 09:39 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingpig View Post
Miller never said he didn't have a concussion. He said it was of a neck issue. I think thatbhe had symptoms of both and the neck ended up being worse
It's still relevant information. Plenty of people around here and some in the media questioned the diagnosis.

SackTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 09:51 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
It's still relevant information. Plenty of people around here and some in the media questioned the diagnosis.
They question the diagnosis and yet don't seem to take into account that he was out for 8 games. Milbury in particular... no mental titan to be sure, but the guy is just railing on like some sort of nouveau Cherry and completely overlooks that he missed 8 games.

Chainshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 09:51 AM
BowieSabresFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
And a number of Bruins fans on the main board had fun with the news he supposedly did not have a concussion. Some are still going on how the Seguin hit caused Miller's injury, and not the Lucic hit.

BowieSabresFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 09:55 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowieSabresFan View Post
And a number of Bruins fans on the main board had fun with the news he supposedly did not have a concussion. Some are still going on how the Seguin hit caused Miller's injury, and not the Lucic hit.
They grasped that day one and likely will never let go.

Chainshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 10:01 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
They question the diagnosis and yet don't seem to take into account that he was out for 8 games. Milbury in particular... no mental titan to be sure, but the guy is just railing on like some sort of nouveau Cherry and completely overlooks that he missed 8 games.
Milbury isn't one to let facts get in the way of a good story. Besides, it's a much more interesting narrative to imply he's faking it.

SackTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 11:21 AM
5 Minute Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
I can't stand Mike Milbury. The guy is almost as bad of an analyst as he was a General Manager....and that's saying something.

5 Minute Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 01:03 PM
mechaphil

Send a message via AIM to mechaphil
Bruins fans refuse to accept that it was their team doctors that diagnosed Ryan Miller with the concussion

mechaphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 01:05 PM
BowieSabresFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechaphil View Post
Bruins fans refuse to accept that it was their team doctors that diagnosed Ryan Miller with the concussion
I've come to realize that there are a few good, sensible Bruins fans. The rest are so blinded by Jack Edwards as to be utterly irrational.

BowieSabresFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 01:17 PM
Sabretip

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechaphil View Post
Quote:
The Bruins said Miller's concussion could have been caused by some other incidents during the game because there was no contact to the head from Lucic.

"I didn't know they were all doctors," Miller said. "Concussions are caused by many things, one of them including a whiplash motion that sends your brain moving laterally or however you're hit. It doesn't need to be a direct impact. That fact alone, I'm rolling my eyes."
http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sa...icle634979.ece

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 04:13 PM
Timbo Slice
Tank Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretip View Post
<3 Miller

God, I hate the Bruins.

Timbo Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 04:14 PM
Timbo Slice
Tank Nation

Also - Glad that this is out there. Now we have a link saying it WAS a concussion.

Timbo Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 08:23 AM
minuteater
does not cohmpeet

Honestly, even if it wasn't, it doesn't matter.

minuteater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 09:06 AM
punkr0x

Now that it is confirmed I hope they didn't rush Ryan back because Jhonas was starting to look tired. It seems like they got him back into game action while there were still some questions over whether it was a concussion or not. I understand he passed testing but I wish they would be a little more cautious with him, especially since players are still being allowed to bump him.

punkr0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 09:14 AM
Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo Slice View Post
Also - Glad that this is out there. Now we have a link saying it WAS a concussion.
The fans that were using that as if the Sabres / Miller lied about the injury are probably a bit too... affected... for this confirmation to matter. Don't bother.

Clock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 10:21 AM
flyingpig
Pay the Troll Toll

Quote:
They grasped at it because of a poorly worded tweet from Bill Hoppe. The actual Miller quote did not say what he inferred, that maybe Miller didn't have a concussion,but a neck injury instead.

Whatever, one reason I moved fom Boston. People there drove me crazy. They all have Jack Edwards rose colored glasses. (Housing was pretty ridiculously expensive also)

flyingpig is online now   Reply With Quote