HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > NHL Draft - Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Draft - Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

LW Daniil Zharkov - Belleville Bulls, OHL (2012 Draft)

Old
12-16-2011, 05:56 PM
LeafsBullsRedDevils

vCash: 500
I've watched Zharkov play 4 games now and he may be the most exciting 17 year old I've seen in Belleville with the exception of maybe Dan Cleary. His season started poorly with a broken collarbone but he has been fantastic since he has gotten into the lineup. He appears to be one of the fastest guys on the ice and can fire the puck.Gaunce is very good and deserves his ranking but when Zharkov gets the puck you can almost feel the energy in the arena. It will be interesting to see what Guance and Zharkov along with linemate Austin Brassard who is a good player as well can do the rest of the season and into the playoffs. Look out next year for that line.
Subban is very impressive as well (although 1st overall is a stretch). Malcolm is a late birth date so he's had an extra year of development for his draft but I believe he was an 11th round pick by the Bulls and no doubt that was influenced by PK being in Belleville. He along with Zharkov is on a very steep curve and I wouldn't be surprised to see all 3 go in the 1st round.

LeafsBullsRedDevils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 06:52 PM
Latgale_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedDaPuck View Post
Ok, then I will counter with Galiev - whatever happened to his goal production in the CHL?
What happened to Tavares after his first year in OHL?
If you look at Galiev, he produced the same number of points in his 2nd OHL season... and seems to be on the same pace this year too....

Maybe he, like Tavares pretty much peaked at 17... happens...

If you look at other guys who have left USHL, you see that they progress normally,points wise... maybe not as much but still, e.g. Adam Erne. So it's not as big a surprise a guy like Zharkov is producing big when, say Gemel Smith from Owen Sound attack is also producing a lot better in his 2nd OHL year. It probably just shows that there's not much different between USHL and CHL leagues in ability to post points and some people do progress or find themselves in a better position on a team next season (e.g. compare Skinner and Seguin this and previous season).

Last edited by Latgale_fan: 12-18-2011 at 07:07 PM.
Latgale_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 04:44 PM
Bibeen

14 goals in 16 games with Belleville Bulls, it's pretty impressive! What would be is NHL comparaison for his potential?

Bibeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 09:09 PM
Hockeysemin

Some highlights so far...

Hockeysemin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 11:08 PM
LaPlante94

Daniil Zharkov

Anybody know much about him? Also does anybody know if he'll go to the KHL or stay in North America and try for an NHL career?

LaPlante94 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 01:16 AM
pouskin74*

All i know is that he is going to play for Russia at U18.

pouskin74* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 06:39 AM
Hockeysemin

Hockeysemin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 07:10 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaPlante94 View Post
Anybody know much about him? Also does anybody know if he'll go to the KHL or stay in North America and try for an NHL career?
Zharkov is a very interesting story. He left Russia and played one season in the USHL before joining Belleville. It's not a very common route that most European players take.

He's stated on numerous occasions that he came to North America to one day play in the NHL. He's never mentioned going back to playing in the KHL.

In terms of overall skill, there's a lot to be excited about with Zharkov. First, he's got great size. He's a 6'3, 200 pound forward and he'll probably add another 15 to 20 pounds in the next five years. He's an excellent skater with good high end speed. He's also got a great shot and is not afraid to play physical. Defensively, he needs a lot of work. There's also been some questions about his conditioning, but I think that goes with most kids his age who has bounced around North America for two seasons. Now that he's settled in Belleville, I fully expect that he'll be there for the next two season, so there's lots of time to get his conditioning and overall game in order.

He was projected at one point to go late in the first, but I think he'll be a mid second, early third round pick. The organization who drafts him will need to give him time to put it all together, but when he does, he's going to be excellent 2nd line winger who can probably pot 25 to 30 goals a year.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 09:08 AM
LaPlante94

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Zharkov is a very interesting story. He left Russia and played one season in the USHL before joining Belleville. It's not a very common route that most European players take.

He's stated on numerous occasions that he came to North America to one day play in the NHL. He's never mentioned going back to playing in the KHL.

In terms of overall skill, there's a lot to be excited about with Zharkov. First, he's got great size. He's a 6'3, 200 pound forward and he'll probably add another 15 to 20 pounds in the next five years. He's an excellent skater with good high end speed. He's also got a great shot and is not afraid to play physical. Defensively, he needs a lot of work. There's also been some questions about his conditioning, but I think that goes with most kids his age who has bounced around North America for two seasons. Now that he's settled in Belleville, I fully expect that he'll be there for the next two season, so there's lots of time to get his conditioning and overall game in order.

He was projected at one point to go late in the first, but I think he'll be a mid second, early third round pick. The organization who drafts him will need to give him time to put it all together, but when he does, he's going to be excellent 2nd line winger who can probably pot 25 to 30 goals a year.
Nice and thank you very much.

LaPlante94 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 04:49 PM
Johnny McBravo
Hello Connor

Glad the Oil snagged this kid! any info on him would be appreciated.

Johnny McBravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 04:53 PM
syz
[1, 5, 6, 14]

vCash: 50
Knocks on him seem to be his consistency and a tendency to skate with his head down or just generally be unaware of his surroundings.

Other than that, high ceiling offensively and capable defensively. Supposedly among the top of the draft in terms of pure goal scoring.

syz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 04:58 PM
MPStoEberletoHall*

Good pick up Oil!

MPStoEberletoHall* is offline   Reply With Quote