HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Value of Paul Stastny

Old
12-20-2011, 12:18 AM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePsychicSaw View Post
do you really think its out of the realm of possibility considering colorade trade a 1st and a 2nd for varly?

i dont honestly.

not challenging you here, just really curious on what a colorado fan feels about statsny having 1 year left and getting great picks a very capable PP QB (did you guys ever get a replacement for liles?) and two capable nhl players with some potential definitely still left.
Stastny has 3 years left on his contract.

Avs already have too many players (including 8 defenders). Trading a center for a (small and quite bad) center and two defenders would lead to a complete mess.

Avs won't trade Stastny this season. Perhaps next summer. I doubt it will happen then but at least there is a possibility.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 12:20 AM
ThePsychicSaw

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
Stastny has 3 years left on his contract.

Avs already have too many players (including 8 defenders). Trading a center for a (small and quite bad) center and two defenders would lead to a complete mess.

Avs won't trade Stastny this season. Perhaps next summer. I doubt it will happen then but at least there is a possibility.

oh wow. 3 years? haha damn that changes everything

ThePsychicSaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 12:22 AM
NHL33*

Quote:
do you really think its out of the realm of possibility considering colorade trade a 1st and a 2nd for varly?
There are many things that are not impossible but that does not make them probable.

Quote:
just really curious on what a colorado fan feels about statsny having 1 year left and getting great picks a very capable PP QB (did you guys ever get a replacement for liles?) and two capable nhl players with some potential definitely still left.
1. Stastny has two seasons on his contract after this one
2. Elliott is the replacement for Liles, was called up mid-season and is currently in the lineup
3. Barrie may also contribute down the line in Liles' type of role
4. Picks are welcome
5. Wideman is mediocre defensively and UFA
6. Schultz is a redundant player and with 2 additional years left on his contact

NHL33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 12:24 AM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
Don't need/want Wideman or Schultz. Perreault doesn't help the Avs either.

So the Avs are going to trade arguably their best player to get back a pick they traded? **** that. No thanks.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 12:06 PM
Razor29
52-22-8

For an over-paid bum who can't score or play defensively, there sure are a lot of people who would put Stastny as their #1 C for team USA if the Olympics were tomorrow.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=1059417

Razor29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 08:19 AM
umbertovanek

Hey there Avs fans!

Being the bored Buffalo fan that I am, I posted the following proposal on the Sabres board:

Quote:
Originally Posted by umbertovanek View Post
So let's give this a shot:

To : Stajan, Stastny, 1st (Cal 2012)

To : Roy, 2nd (Buf or Cal 2012)

To : Bourque, Baertschi, Boyes

Buffalo: Replacing Roy with Stastny is a lateral move imo, yet, he might be a better fit with Van/Pom and thereby give us a bona-fide top line.
Getting another 1st should enable the Sabres to draft a true blue-chip C prospect.
Taking on Stajan's contract would probably put us in cap hell, so he either gets buried or another move would be made. He wouldn't be terrible as a 3rd line C, though.

Calgary: Solve their center problems (Roy, Jokinen, Backlund), get their 2nd back, get rid of Stajan's contract.
If they want to win with their current core, this move could make sense for them.
Giving up Baertschi and their 1st may be a little steep, however.

Colorado: Turn Stastny into three Top 6 wingers. Bourque and Boyes would help them immediately, Baertschi down the road.
Also, I don't see Boyes as a mere salary dump, since he's been pretty good for us.

So, what ya think? Terrible, way off, realistic? It's my first proposal, so be gentle
Basic idea was to swap Roy for Stastny, but thinking that you guys rather need wingers, I made it a three-team trade.
Maybe you could give me some opinions. They would be appreciated!

umbertovanek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 09:57 AM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 905
Quote:
Hey there Avs fans!

Being the bored Buffalo fan that I am, I posted the following proposal on the Sabres board:

Basic idea was to swap Roy for Stastny, but thinking that you guys rather need wingers, I made it a three-team trade.
You want opinions!? It sucks!!!

Just kidding man...I don't know if that'd be good value, but I believe that if the Avs were to trade Stastny, they'd need a Top 6 centerman back to take his place, and at least another top 6 winger, because that's where they need help...I just don't know much about the players offered to say if it's good or bad mon frere

RockLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 10:02 AM
NHL33*

Quote:
Hey there Avs fans!

[...]

It doesn't matter what Avs or Sabres fans think because Calgary immediately declines, and you're fully aware of it.

Old
12-28-2011, 10:32 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL33 View Post
It doesn't matter what Avs or Sabres fans think because Calgary immediately declines, and you're fully aware of it.
Agreed Flames get shafted in this deal.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 04:26 PM
umbertovanek

Quote:
Well, initially, I thought it was a good idea, but now I know better

Thanks for your feedback, though.

umbertovanek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 12:13 AM
Kschey
Avs/BorussiaDortmund

I really start thinking his, well, average play so far this season was a mental problem like "I don't care as long as I have to play with Daniel Winnik, Kevin Porter or Brandon Yip".
He looks like a completely different player, not only because he's scoring points, but because he's fighting. He's chasing opponents, playing hard, taking away pucks and so on.
If he keeps continues playing the way he did last game vs FLA and tonight I'll eat my words and enjoy having him around.

Kschey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 12:28 AM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

vCash: 142
6 points in the last 4 games

WarriorOfGandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 12:32 AM
Huis Clos*
Creamy Hamstrings

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorOfGandhi View Post
6 points in the last 4 games
Amazing what playing with a guy like Mueller will do for your game. I mean he's no Porter, but who is?

Huis Clos* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 12:32 AM
PeterTheGreat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kschey View Post
I really start thinking his, well, average play so far this season was a mental problem like "I don't care as long as I have to play with Daniel Winnik, Kevin Porter or Brandon Yip".
He looks like a completely different player, not only because he's scoring points, but because he's fighting. He's chasing opponents, playing hard, taking away pucks and so on.
If he keeps continues playing the way he did last game vs FLA and tonight I'll eat my words and enjoy having him around.
I agree he's got that extra jump playing with Gali and Mules. It must get discouraging to have to plauly with fourth line scrubs while Duchene always got the best linemates.

PeterTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 12:42 AM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

vCash: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by hek View Post
Amazing what playing with a guy like Mueller will do for your game. I mean he's no Porter, but who is?
Wayne Gretzky circa 1985

WarriorOfGandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 12:43 AM
NHL33*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterTheGreat View Post
I agree he's got that extra jump playing with Gali and Mules. It must get discouraging to have to plauly with fourth line scrubs while Duchene always got the best linemates.
He was playing like **** earlier in the season when he got the best wingers. Usually, yes, Duchene gets the best linemates no matter what, but that hasn't been the case this season.

He has also had bad moments with Mueller on the same line, but it's clear that his game has picked up recently and I do believe a lot of it has to do with Mueller.

Old
01-22-2012, 01:01 AM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

He has 14 points in 19 games since returning from injury. In addition he and his line mates have been missing a lot of glorious chances in the last month or so. He does seem to lack a bit of composure and confidence in front of net.

He is also having a fantastic year in the faceoff circle.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 01:01 AM
EdAVSfan

Quote:
He was playing like **** earlier in the season when he got the best wingers. Usually, yes, Duchene gets the best linemates no matter what, but that hasn't been the case this season.

He has also had bad moments with Mueller on the same line, but it's clear that his game has picked up recently and I do believe a lot of it has to do with Mueller.
It was just a matter of finding the right player that compliments his style of play. That's why he works so well with guys like mueller, jones(not this year) and Stewart. Stas is a playmaker. He needs players who know where to go on the ice, players who find the soft spots on the ice and who are primarily shoot first/finishers. Duchene is the complete opposite of his ideal linemate. Duchene likes to handle the puck, he keeps it on his stick for long periods of time, and doesn't use linemates well. As soon as stastny has a good who can find open spaces for shots and can finish, his game is immensely better. Had any of stas' linemates (kobasew, jones, duchene) had any type of finish, he'd have double the assists.

EdAVSfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 01:09 AM
Avsboy

Did anyone see Stastny's first assist tonight? A classic 'Stastny point.' The puck basically touched his glove.

Avsboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 01:09 AM
BrickAHL
#NotUs

vCash: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsboy View Post
Did anyone see Stastny's first assist tonight? A classic 'Stastny point.' The puck basically touched his glove.
What about the other one?

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 01:14 AM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
What about the other one?
It touched his other glove.

Shenanigans!

Av-merican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 01:23 AM
Barklez

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H* View Post
1st 2012
2nd 2012
1st 2013
Honestly, I know it makes us worse at the moment, but if you could get that out of MTL, along with Gomez, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Barklez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 02:04 AM
landesberg
p stastny

even though Stastny is underperforming (not lately), and his assist numbers are way down, he is still the best passer and pure playmaker on the team. I refuse to let go of him, it's not like play ever hurt us. He's still a great player away from the puck, and when he has a real shooter on his wing, we all see what he's still capable of.

landesberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 09:30 PM
oneoftheseyears

I know it's less likely Stastny will be traded now, but would an offer from the leafs consisting of Connolly, Kulemin and someone like Aulie be fair?

oneoftheseyears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 09:35 PM
CB Joe

vCash: 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneoftheseyears View Post
I know it's less likely Stastny will be traded now, but would an offer from the leafs consisting of Connolly, Kulemin and someone like Aulie be fair?
Need more quality. Look at the Carter and Richards trades. Something more along the lines of Kadri, Kulemin, TOR 1st. or Schenn, Kulemin, TOR 2nd. I woudn't like either trade for the Avs but I think its near fair value.

CB Joe is offline   Reply With Quote