HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

New Four Conference Format Begins Next Season

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-05-2011, 09:56 PM
  #51
BK201
Registered User
 
BK201's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 6,963
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenacusMaximus View Post
That's because they are. I can deal with Leafs fans, but I find Habs fans insufferable.
lol you got it before i edited but yeah i agree

BK201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 09:56 PM
  #52
GK
Not Jeeks
 
GK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Peterborough
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenacusMaximus View Post
That's because they are. I can deal with Leafs fans, but I find Habs fans insufferable.
When the "ole" chants start, I want to explode.

GK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 09:57 PM
  #53
Iamok
#Panic
 
Iamok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,427
vCash: 500
Are we seriously complaining about facing the Leafs/Habs in the playoffs? Words cannot describe how pumped I am to see the real playoff rivalries renewed.

Iamok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 09:58 PM
  #54
2Cowen
Registered User
 
2Cowen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,270
vCash: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by GK View Post
We'll get a lot more fan support in play offs then we do in the regular season.
Sure we always sell out during the playoffs but up until game day there are tons of tickets still available and if we were to play Mtl or T.O I'm sure people from Mtl and T.O would snatch up tickets in a heartbeat seeing that tickets in their respective cities are so hard to come by just to see their team play post-season.

2Cowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 09:59 PM
  #55
BK201
Registered User
 
BK201's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 6,963
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamok View Post
Are we seriously complaining about facing the Leafs/Habs in the playoffs? Words cannot describe how pumped I am to see the real playoff rivalries renewed.
no, no complaints it would be awesome. i wonder how the rivalries will go between us and the caribbean teams

BK201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 10:01 PM
  #56
GK
Not Jeeks
 
GK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Peterborough
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Alfredsson View Post
Sure we always sell out during the playoffs but up until game day there are tons of tickets still available and if we were to play Mtl or T.O I'm sure people from Mtl and T.O would snatch up tickets in a heartbeat seeing that tickets in their respective cities are so hard to come by just to see their team play post-season.
Really? How many tickets are typically left?

GK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 10:03 PM
  #57
Pitlick*
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,134
vCash: 500
Teams in the west get screwed having 8 team divisions as opposed to 7; harder to make playoffs.

Once the Nordiques return, we'll have 8 in our division.

I like Florida / Tampa; a reason to take a trip south in the winter; 3 trips a year now (or is it 4?).

But overall, I prefer a 2 conference / 4 division approach. I find it dull playing the same teams in the playoffs every year. This would be feasible if Phoenix moves to Quebec: 15 west, 15 east.

Pitlick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 10:06 PM
  #58
PatrickEaves
Karan S'Jet
 
PatrickEaves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,786
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitlick View Post
Teams in the west get screwed having 8 team divisions as opposed to 7; harder to make playoffs.

Once the Nordiques return, we'll have 8 in our division.

I like Florida / Tampa; a reason to take a trip south in the winter; 3 trips a year now (or is it 4?).

But overall, I prefer a 2 conference / 4 division approach. I find it dull playing the same teams in the playoffs every year. This would be feasible if Phoenix moves to Quebec: 15 west, 15 east.
There is no East vs. West! There are 4 CONFERENCES. There are NO DIVISIONS.

First two rounds of the playoffs are within the Conference.

Then everyone is reseeded together.

This means you could actually have something like a Boston-Philadelphia Stanley Cup Final.

__________________
No, I'm not a girl. Stop asking!
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBlQ4ybRWH8
PatrickEaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 10:06 PM
  #59
2Cowen
Registered User
 
2Cowen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,270
vCash: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by GK View Post
Really? How many tickets are typically left?
Well I can't give you a number but I'll give you some perspective.

During the 2007 cup run I went to game 1 of the conference quarter finals. A group of me and my buddies called in to see if there were tickets still available. Called in and asked how many tickets they have left (they never give a number) but capital tickets said there were lots. Group of 10 of us went. Ordered tickets 2 hours before puck drop.

Also went to the conference finals game #3 vs Buffalo. Called in 4 hours before puck drop and the teller said the same thing, that their were quite a lot of tickets left. Again was looking for group seatings.

Perhaps Ottawa is just a very large walk up city.

2Cowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 10:08 PM
  #60
GK
Not Jeeks
 
GK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Peterborough
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Alfredsson View Post
Well I can't give you a number but I'll give you some perspective.

During the 2007 cup run I went to game 1 of the conference quarter finals. A group of me and my buddies called in to see if there were tickets still available. Called in and asked how many tickets they have left (they never give a number) but capital tickets said there were lots. Group of 10 of us went. Ordered tickets 2 hours before puck drop.

Also went to the conference finals game #3 vs Buffalo. Called in 4 hours before puck drop and the teller said the same thing, that their were quite a lot of tickets left. Again was looking for group seatings.

Perhaps Ottawa is just a very large walk up city.
Wow. There couldn't have been much more then 1000, but that still seems like quite a lot for a play off game.

GK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 10:10 PM
  #61
Shanny
Coming In Hot
 
Shanny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bytown
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,988
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrePetersson View Post
There is no East vs. West! There are 4 CONFERENCES. There are NO DIVISIONS.

First two rounds of the playoffs are within the Conference.

Then everyone is reseeded together.

This means you could actually have something like a Boston-Philadelphia Stanley Cup Final.
Words cannot describe what it would be like if there is an Edmonton-Ottawa Cup Final down the road.

Shanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 10:10 PM
  #62
Pitlick*
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,134
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrePetersson View Post
There is no East vs. West! There are 4 CONFERENCES. There are NO DIVISIONS.

First two rounds of the playoffs are within the Conference.

Then everyone is reseeded together.

This means you could actually have something like a Boston-Philadelphia Stanley Cup Final.
I mean geographically: the western Conferences have 8 teams @: harder to make playoffs than eastern Conferences with 7 teams each.

Edmonton - Ottawa can already happen in finals.

This affects us vs. "Atlantic" conference teams: We can now play Philly, Pitts, NYR, etc. in the finals.

Pitlick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 10:14 PM
  #63
Batali Crocs*
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,163
vCash: 500
Don't like Florida and Tampa in our conference. Besides the snowbirds, it doesn't make much sense.

Also I love the east vs west in SCF.

Batali Crocs* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 10:15 PM
  #64
Dcptcn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 349
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GK View Post
No more Pitts in the playoffs? Awesome.

It will be a very hard division though. Boston is awesome, Florida is awesome so far, Toronto is on the rise, Montreal and Buffalo are both solid and Tampa will have an awesome team for the next 5 years minimum, even if they aren't showing it this year.

We will have to really step it up the next few years.
I'm just happy we're not stuck with this conference:

Carolina
New Jersey
New York Islanders
New York Rangers
Philadelphia
Pittsburgh
Washington


Imagine! Basically: Washington, Pittsburgh, Philly are virtually a lock for the playoffs for the next little while. That leaves 1 spot up for grabs. insane.

At least we just have Boston. Then 3 spots up for grabs out of a pretty even conference.

Dcptcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 10:19 PM
  #65
Gil Gunderson
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,830
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamok View Post
Are we seriously complaining about facing the Leafs/Habs in the playoffs? Words cannot describe how pumped I am to see the real playoff rivalries renewed.
This.

I'm liking this format more and more by the minute.

Gil Gunderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 10:19 PM
  #66
source
Registered User
 
source's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5,375
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanny View Post
keep in mind that all roads in the desert lead to Quebec City right now.

I'm ok with 8 teams, as well as the Florida teams(could make for a fun trip down there in a few years to catch a Sens game)
That would be epic. Especially if all 4 Canadian teams made the playoffs one year.

source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 10:21 PM
  #67
Shanny
Coming In Hot
 
Shanny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bytown
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,988
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by source View Post
That would be epic. Especially if all 4 Canadian teams made the playoffs one year.
if that were to happen, with the new format....it could be Toronto-Ottawa and Montreal-Quebec in the FIRST ROUND.....NOW THAT WOULD BE EPIC

Shanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 10:24 PM
  #68
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan
 
saskriders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Calgary/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,104
vCash: 1322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanny View Post
if that were to happen, with the new format....it could be Toronto-Ottawa and Montreal-Quebec in the FIRST ROUND.....NOW THAT WOULD BE EPIC
I would explode because of so much

saskriders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 10:26 PM
  #69
West Coast Eagles
Classless
 
West Coast Eagles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bne
Country: Australia
Posts: 1,544
vCash: 500
Is there any cross over rule like the AHL??? Just curious about that. Otherwise, I don't particularly like it but there are some positives I guess with divisional playoffs.

West Coast Eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 10:27 PM
  #70
Shanny
Coming In Hot
 
Shanny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bytown
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,988
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by saskriders View Post
I would explode because of so much
..add to that the winners of those series would immediately meet in the second round............................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......

Shanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 10:27 PM
  #71
DJB
Sens best prospect
 
DJB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,769
vCash: 820
Certainly makes it easier to make the playoffs for us I would think, but the team winning the Conferance doesn't get much help imo.

I am not a fan of change!

DJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 10:31 PM
  #72
DJB
Sens best prospect
 
DJB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,769
vCash: 820
I also really hate the fact that we could have a Sharks - Canucks final or Bruins - Penguins final.

I loved the East vs West thing...

DJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 10:34 PM
  #73
BK201
Registered User
 
BK201's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 6,963
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB View Post
I also really hate the fact that we could have a Sharks - Canucks final or Bruins - Penguins final.

I loved the East vs West thing...
Or columbus phoenix :/

BK201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 10:36 PM
  #74
thinkwild
Veni Vidi Toga
 
thinkwild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,266
vCash: 500
I hope though, instead of naming them after the old nhl criminals Norris et al, they use real criminals: Bonnie and Clyde Conference, Al Capone Conference, Dillinger Division,

thinkwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 10:42 PM
  #75
Cujomi
YNWA
 
Cujomi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,926
vCash: 500
I like this a lot. Wicked format. Love the idea of divisional playoffs.

Cujomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:20 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.