HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Coyotes Recall Andy Miele from AHL

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-27-2011, 04:00 PM
  #1
TGOTC
Yer a wizard Oliver
 
TGOTC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: On the couch
Country: United States
Posts: 2,474
vCash: 500
Coyotes Recall Andy Miele from AHL

http://coyotes.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=608406

TGOTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 04:01 PM
  #2
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Ryantology
 
SniperHF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 14,510
vCash: 500
Well at lest we have depth on defense

Goalie and center?

SniperHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 04:38 PM
  #3
Builditagain*
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 485
vCash: 500
Don't know if he is physically strong enough,he was struggling defensively trying to keep his man in check in the A.Its worth the try.Now sit Biz lets get some skill guys in there and score.We need all the help we can get.Anyone got a goalie?

Builditagain* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 05:06 PM
  #4
wildcat48
HFB Partner
 
wildcat48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: South Portland, ME
Country: United States
Posts: 3,226
vCash: 500
Coyotes summon Miele from Portland
By Chris Roy Published: 27th December 2011

Quote:
The Phoenix Coyotes plucked another one from the farm as Andy Miele was recalled from the Pirates on Tuesday.
Link>>>>

wildcat48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 05:16 PM
  #5
Rabbit
Captain Cook
 
Rabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South Bay California
Country: United States
Posts: 4,240
vCash: 500
Wildcat-
What are Miele's numbers? How has he been performing as of late.

Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 05:30 PM
  #6
Swat Ultra
~Hockey!~
 
Swat Ultra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Northern NH
Country: United States
Posts: 2,669
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
Wildcat-
What are Miele's numbers? How has he been performing as of late.
Hes been preforming pretty poor as of late when it comes to points( did get a goal last night, first point in about 10 games) , but the teams been a mess imo. Miele is the most important player in portland right now imo even when hes not on the board.


Last edited by Swat Ultra: 12-27-2011 at 05:46 PM.
Swat Ultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 05:37 PM
  #7
NastyNate17
Registered User
 
NastyNate17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fort Sam Houston
Country: United States
Posts: 2,211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
Wildcat-
What are Miele's numbers? How has he been performing as of late.
Miele has 8 goals and 15 assists in a total of 24 games for the Pirates.

What's really impressive about Miele is his playmaking ability and his physicality for such a small guy. I think you will be happily surprised when you see him play.

NastyNate17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 06:12 PM
  #8
knowsthegame
Registered User
 
knowsthegame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tale of 2 NHL cities
Posts: 864
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate17 View Post
I think you will be happily surprised when you see him play.
IF we see him play. With superstars like Chipchura in the lineup we can't be sure.

knowsthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 06:20 PM
  #9
Colt45Blast
It Works Everytime!
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Mexico
Posts: 25,190
vCash: 500
Could we please stop with the Tippett is Anti Youth stuff already? Like anyone else Miele will have to earn he keep and he didn't do so last time as a result of not only not putting up any points but also took some bad penalties along the way. Miele will have a chance to prove himself once again. Besides Miele is not Turris!

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 06:32 PM
  #10
knowsthegame
Registered User
 
knowsthegame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tale of 2 NHL cities
Posts: 864
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Could we please stop with the Tippett is Anti Youth stuff already? Like anyone else Miele will have to earn he keep and he didn't do so last time as a result of not only not putting up any points but also took some bad penalties along the way. Miele will have a chance to prove himself once again. Besides Miele is not Turris!
I thought Miele looked good in the games he played his first call up. He handles the puck well and makes smart plays. What has Chipchura done to earn his spot? - he plays like he has 2 left hands. How many players like Chipchura do we need on this roster?
I agree that Miele is not Turris - I have more confidence that Miele will have success in the NHL than Turris.

knowsthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 06:40 PM
  #11
albertabound
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowsthegame View Post
I thought Miele looked good in the games he played his first call up. He handles the puck well and makes smart plays. What has Chipchura done to earn his spot? - he plays like he has 2 left hands. How many players like Chipchura do we need on this roster?
I agree that Miele is not Turris - I have more confidence that Miele will have success in the NHL than Turris.
Well said Mr. Miele.

albertabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 06:42 PM
  #12
albertabound
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 438
vCash: 500
On the more serious side, does anyone out there feel a trade is about to happen? How many guys can we have on the roster?

albertabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 07:10 PM
  #13
crazyhockeylover96
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by albertabound View Post
On the more serious side, does anyone out there feel a trade is about to happen? How many guys can we have on the roster?
I've been having the same feeling but I think it's just minor injuries. Hanzal, Gordon, Aucoin, Smith, and maybe more.

crazyhockeylover96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 07:34 PM
  #14
Magnifique
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 6,578
vCash: 50
I don't think it is about age with Tippet, not anymore. I think it is a mentality that he looks for. Why Chip was slotted in the third spot over Cal O is beyond me. Chip is nothing but a fourth line player. He will never ever be anything but that. He has some of the worst hands I have ever seen. Pyatt has no right playing in the NHL right now. He doesn't enter the zone with the puck, ever; he doesn't use his big body like he should. He doesn't consistently get in front of the net. He does nothing to contribute. Both Pyatt and Chip are professionals, though.

At this point, I think DT will be willing to anyone out there as long as it means a win. Chip should never have been with Turris. You cannot expect an offensively retarded player like that to fit with a player that is all O. If you want to have someone on the same line as him that will be defensively accountable, they should have had Korpi with him. Cal O being on the fourth line is almost equally as retarded. These things should be simple fixes. Put the right players together and stop throwing NHL trash onto lines that are expected to create offense.

Magnifique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 07:45 PM
  #15
Bandit34
Registered User
 
Bandit34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: HFBoards
Country: United States
Posts: 960
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowsthegame View Post
IF we see him play. With superstars like Chipchura in the lineup we can't be sure.
Strong in the face off circle, defensively sound and adds toughness...But yeah, lets keep expecting offense from a 4th line center.

Bandit34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 09:08 PM
  #16
Builditagain*
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 485
vCash: 500
By no means does Miele qualify as a youngin,he is 23 ,if anything he is a late bloomer if he ever pans out.Tippet brings untested talent along slowly.

Builditagain* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 09:13 PM
  #17
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful
 
Blubba Jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NE Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 3,242
vCash: 500
Really put off by his "dirkadirka" comment on Twitter.

Blubba Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 09:15 PM
  #18
Builditagain*
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotes Persevere View Post
I don't think it is about age with Tippet, not anymore. I think it is a mentality that he looks for. Why Chip was slotted in the third spot over Cal O is beyond me. Chip is nothing but a fourth line player. He will never ever be anything but that. He has some of the worst hands I have ever seen. Pyatt has no right playing in the NHL right now. He doesn't enter the zone with the puck, ever; he doesn't use his big body like he should. He doesn't consistently get in front of the net. He does nothing to contribute. Both Pyatt and Chip are professionals, though.

At this point, I think DT will be willing to anyone out there as long as it means a win. Chip should never have been with Turris. You cannot expect an offensively retarded player like that to fit with a player that is all O. If you want to have someone on the same line as him that will be defensively accountable, they should have had Korpi with him. Cal O being on the fourth line is almost equally as retarded. These things should be simple fixes. Put the right players together and stop throwing NHL trash onto lines that are expected to create offense.
What about poor Sully being teamed up with the Chipper for 15 odd games,thats enough to ruin your career and be demoted quicker than a Hobo on a Ham sandwich.
Amen Brother I'm with ya.

Builditagain* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 10:11 PM
  #19
Scottrocks58*
Six
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Phoenix
Country: United States
Posts: 3,066
vCash: 500
I was looking at possible line combos for tomorrow's game. Doesn't anybody shoot right handed on the team? It looks like a dynamite pitching staff, but a very unbalanced group of forwards.

Scottrocks58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 10:22 PM
  #20
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion
 
Sinurgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 7,416
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubba Jenkins View Post
Really put off by his "dirkadirka" comment on Twitter.
That makes him appear extremely ignorant.

Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 10:46 PM
  #21
Builditagain*
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottrocks58 View Post
I was looking at possible line combos for tomorrow's game. Doesn't anybody shoot right handed on the team? It looks like a dynamite pitching staff, but a very unbalanced group of forwards.
They have lefties on the right and righties on the left,but that can be a good thing in theory for the shot and offensively.But a detriment on breakouts in there own zone.Of course it is not working.I would love to see the skill boys play together and then place them in order from there down to the sluggos.
In the old days it was a shooter with a playmaker with a banger.Not now.The players positions are now interchangeable,except for the faceoff alignment,it immediately becomes 1st guy does this 2nd guy does this 3rd guy does that in regards to tactics and options to what you should be doing.
Obviously Tip and the staff need to retweak this squad to get more offense,the problem isn't goals against -they need to score more.They have slowly been taking more penalties per game,they were at one time the least penalized team in the league.These are major factors in their success I believe..Hopefully they relize this,cause the playoffs are on the line right now.

Builditagain* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 11:31 PM
  #22
Rabbit
Captain Cook
 
Rabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South Bay California
Country: United States
Posts: 4,240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
That makes him appear extremely ignorant.
He's a college kid. Let's give em time to mature mentally. Everybody's young at one point. Not saying the comment was right, though.

Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 11:59 PM
  #23
Sceva Sct
on the edge
 
Sceva Sct's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: limbo
Posts: 1,626
vCash: 500
The only issues I had with Miele in his first call-up were his faceoffs (less than 25%) and that his decision making wasn't quick enough. He made smart plays, but he made them very slowly. He definitely didn't look like he was ready for the speed of things in NHL yet. Hopefully now that he knows better what to expect he'll be able to keep up a bit better.

Sceva Sct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 09:31 AM
  #24
ducky
Registered User
 
ducky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Home of Kokanee Beer
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,855
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
That makes him appear extremely ignorant.
Me too. I haven't a clue what his twitter comment means. Maybe I am to old?

ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 10:19 AM
  #25
87turbobuick
Registered User
 
87turbobuick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Phoenix
Country: United States
Posts: 467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubba Jenkins View Post
Really put off by his "dirkadirka" comment on Twitter.
What did he say?

87turbobuick is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:31 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.