HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Connolly as a Leaf

Closed Thread

Old
12-05-2011, 11:25 PM
Leafs24Seven*

vCash: 500
Connolly as a Leaf

Ya know sabres fans, for as much as you hated him for being injured all the time, i will take 50-60 games of Mr.C any Day. This guy is as talented as any centre you currently have. Thanks to Pegs for not signing him and kudos to Burke for doing so, EVEN if we only get 50-60 games out of him, that equals 50-60 points.

PS. cant wait til next friday night!

Old
12-05-2011, 11:27 PM
sabresfan129103

good for you, we're glad he's gone.

Old
12-05-2011, 11:27 PM
Ghills23

You say that now. Just wait. You'll take the rose colored glasses off, and the blind fold, and the blinders and then you'll see what you really have. It's not just injuries with Tin man, it's a million little things. If you do make it to the playoffs, watch him fold.

As for your trolling comment about talented as any center we have. That's just flat out false. Connolly used to be extremely talented, however that was many moons ago.

I'd take Roy over Connolly every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Old
12-05-2011, 11:33 PM
Leafs24Seven*

Well, my point is he is a ppg player when he DOES play, and really its just about money and the Leafs have that but they also have DEPTH so when Tim C goes down for breaking a finger nail, we have someone to step in. So when he is in the lineup he produces is all im saying. maybe the Depth factor is whats more impressive when it comes to one Mr. Tim Connolly? I am sorry but i will take him anyday on this Leafs team, and simply because of the depth factor.

It should be a great battle for the six games we play against each other, as you guys have a strong team as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghills23 View Post
You say that now. Just wait. You'll take the rose colored glasses off, and the blind fold, and the blinders and then you'll see what you really have. It's not just injuries with Tin man, it's a million little things. If you do make it to the playoffs, watch him fold.

As for your trolling comment about talented as any center we have. That's just flat out false. Connolly used to be extremely talented, however that was many moons ago.

I'd take Roy over Connolly every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Old
12-05-2011, 11:34 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Thanks for stopping by.