HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Goat Thread - 2011-2012 Edition

Old
12-08-2011, 02:03 PM
Iamok
#Panic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEasy View Post
I'm amazed at how much people frown on criticism. Criticism doesn't mean hatred. Criticism can be productive for a player, and can sharpen your understanding of the game if you're a fan. I love reading the posts that explain what Karlsson might have done wrong when trying to contain Ovie, or more generally what are the weaknesses he needs to work on. It doesn't mean Karlsson is a bum. In fact, it's because we're all in awe of Karlsson's skills or what Spezza could be that people bother nit-picking their games. I don't see anybody dissecting Konopka's game.

A kumbaya Sens lovefest would be extremely boring and a waste of time.
Except that this isn't a criticism thread, it's a thread essentially meant to play the blame game after each loss.

Iamok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 02:12 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamok View Post
Except that this isn't a criticism thread, it's a thread essentially meant to play the blame game after each loss.
Aka the no-condra thread

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 02:48 PM
Jorge Garcia

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutineplato View Post
Nobody will ever be a bigger goat than Redden was. People still complain about him

He cost us game 7 against the Devils! Durka der!!!!!!
Much as I hate to speak ill of the dead, that was all on Rachunek. Redden had enough screwups of his own, lord knows, but this was not one of them.

Jorge Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 02:49 PM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

vCash: 50
Quote:
Except that this isn't a criticism thread, it's a thread essentially meant to play the blame game after each loss game.
Fixed.

12-08-2011, 03:14 PM
DrEasy
:heart: Cameron

Quote:
Yeah, I was talking more generally I guess, especially thinking of the bickering over Karlsson in yesterday's GDT.

But this thread is a bit tongue-in-cheek anyway, and people who find it grating can stay away.

DrEasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 06:01 PM
pepty
Let's win it all

vCash: 395
Didnt care for the Least Favourite Player thread but goat is okay-because the goat one day can be ther hero the next.
Its pretty well just who played poorly in one particular game.

pepty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 08:29 AM
SelleckStache

vCash: 5000
No particular person was goatworthy last night, in my mind.... simply because I didn't watch the 3rd.
Cowen gets a negative goat... it looked like a veteran out there.

SelleckStache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 12:13 PM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SelleckStache View Post
No particular person was goatworthy last night, in my mind.... simply because I didn't watch the 3rd.
Cowen gets a negative goat... it looked like a veteran out there.
I would nominate myself as the Goat for tuning out after we went up 3-0 but I am not on the roster.

Instead, I will say Anderson is the goat. C'mon, guy. We payed you to be our starter and you can't even play a full 82 game schedule by yourself with no support from a blueline littered with young players who have the experience equivalent to a 12 year old apprentice of a foundry in the Middle Ages and veterans who are old enough to have probably been nothing but decaying plague-stricken corpses in the Middle Ages? Like, c'mon. Not even cool. That crazy-eyed cartoon on the side of your mask could have stopped more than one shot in that shootout last night, but instead it needed to be polished or something... what, you didn't even polish your mask? You just sat on the bench all game being supportive of teammates? WHAT MADNESS IS THIS!?!?!

CanadianHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 12:21 PM
SenatorsHockey
Sweet hockey body

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post
I would nominate myself as the Goat for tuning out after we went up 3-0 but I am not on the roster.

Instead, I will say Anderson is the goat. C'mon, guy. We payed you to be our starter and you can't even play a full 82 game schedule by yourself with no support from a blueline littered with young players who have the experience equivalent to a 12 year old apprentice of a foundry in the Middle Ages and veterans who are old enough to have probably been nothing but decaying plague-stricken corpses in the Middle Ages? Like, c'mon. Not even cool. That crazy-eyed cartoon on the side of your mask could have stopped more than one shot in that shootout last night, but instead it needed to be polished or something... what, you didn't even polish your mask? You just sat on the bench all game being supportive of teammates? WHAT MADNESS IS THIS!?!?!
Who signed the guy?

Murray gets my vote for goat

SenatorsHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 10:01 PM
SelleckStache

vCash: 5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepty View Post
Didnt care for the Least Favourite Player thread but goat is okay-because the goat one day can be ther hero the next.
Its pretty well just who played poorly in one particular game.
It sure beats having several negative threads like "is spezza the guy to build around?" ... "is alfie done with".... "are we really a goalie graveyard?" .. "Team Filly vs Team Butler: Battle to the death edition"

SelleckStache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 01:45 PM
ChocolateLeclaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post

This post made my week. Thank you.

ChocolateLeclaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 09:26 PM
SevenOfSpades
SkinnyOneOnTheRight

Quite a few goats tonight, but I'm gonna go with spezza. When he missed that open net I died a little inside.

SevenOfSpades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 09:27 PM
Minister of Offence

Condra.

Once again, as I predicted, NOT the goat.

Deal with it.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 09:31 PM
HSF

butler though not his fault that the coaching staff have a love fest going on with him.

also Rundblad and Karlsson havent looked good the last few games

HSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 09:34 PM
Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

Jason Spezza

Manked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 09:37 PM
HSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanMonahan View Post
Jason Spezza
he wasnt noticable though he did set up Greening which is more than what the defense did tonight. Rundblad terrible reads, Karlsson had so many giveaways right infront of our net ;_;

HSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 10:20 PM
Shanny
Let's Win It All

Bobby Butler.

Dude is useless at this point.

Shanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 02:02 AM
Xspyrit

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenOfSpades View Post
Quite a few goats tonight, but I'm gonna go with spezza. When he missed that open net I died a little inside.
Patrick Lalime and RDS actually said Luongo touched that puck, so it was likely a miraculous save

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 04:28 AM
Grewuponthesens

Butler, can he do anything?....at all? at this point I would prefer Shannon....

Grewuponthesens is offline   Reply With Quote