HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Senators 4, Lightning 2 | Filly don't do lineups | mt-svk is one of us

Old
12-06-2011, 12:47 PM
Iggy77

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdurbreathe View Post
You know this for a fact or is this just another baseless opinion??
He basically talked his way into being called up because he didn't want to play in Bingo when he could make more $$ in the KHL ?

How is that not entitlement ? How many of our prospects kept their mouth shut, rode the bus in the AHL for years before getting their shot ? How much respect do you think he has in the room ?

Iggy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 12:47 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWP View Post
anyone know what's going on here or have video of that? on yost's post
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Travi...-4-2/134/40284
My stream was enough awful I could not notice anything.

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 12:48 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy77 View Post
He basically talked his way into being called up because he didn't want to play in Bingo when he could make more $$ in the KHL ?

How is that not entitlement ? How many of our prospects kept their mouth shut, rode the bus in the AHL for years before getting their shot ? How much respect do you think he has in the room ?
Alfie said he would do this same if he would be on his place. He played in AHL in his first year, the last year... he is Russian not from NA. It is not only about money but about family and friends too.

Old
12-06-2011, 12:50 PM
Flamingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by krapsik View Post
Remember that moment from game. MacLean tell something to Cameron and looks pretty peaceful. Cameron just listens, watching a rink, and nod his head. All scene looks like normal communication between coaches.
Well, that's no fun.

Flamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 12:52 PM
The King of Town

Professional hockey isn't about being "fair". It's about results.

This board really needs to stop whining about "fairness". Boo Hoo.

The King of Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 12:55 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The King of Town View Post
Professional hockey isn't about being "fair". It's about results.

This board really needs to stop whining about "fairness". Boo Hoo.
Well did you see Butlers results after two games?

To Rundblad. Do you think that Carkner/Lee will trade? And if Lee yes, do you think that Carkner will be often HS and Rundblad will get a chance? Wouldnot be better totrade both of them and get 7th defensman and let Rundblad play?

Old
12-06-2011, 12:57 PM
Iggy77

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
Alfie said he would do this same if he would be on his place. He played in AHL in his first year, the last year... he is Russian not from NA. It is not only about money but about family and friends too.
There's nothing wrong with him wanting to home but forcing the organization to play him in the NHL or send him home isn't going to make him many friends in the room. Even Zubov played in the AHL for 2 years before giving up.

In hindsight he should have never entered the NHL at age 18 but it's too late for that.

Iggy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 12:59 PM
Tundraman
GoneCountry

The game is being replayed on RDS and RDSHD right now. They are just about 1/2 way into the 1st period. Can't wait to see how it turns out this time.

Tundraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 01:01 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy77 View Post
There's nothing wrong with him wanting to home but forcing the organization to play him in the NHL or send him home isn't going to make him many friends in the room. Even Zubov played in the AHL for 2 years before giving up.

In hindsight he should have never entered the NHL at age 18 but it's too late for that.
He said IF Sens will not give him play NHL let they will post him back to Russia not to AHL not that he must play NHL. If Alfie took his side. But I understand players from NA do not like it maybe.

Old
The King of Town

Quote:
Well did you see Butlers results after two games?
I saw a win, and an OT loss. Pretend like that doesn't matter all you like... But it does.

I'm willing to bet dollars to donuts that you wouldn't give a crap if Nikita Filatov's name was instead Nick Phillips and he was from Flin Flon, Manitoba. As a matter of fact, I'm willing to bet you'd be calling for his head the way you've been doing with Greening every second or third post.

Yes, we get it, he's Russian. He still needs to suck it up, just like pretty much every other 21 year old in the history of this league.

Old
krapsik

Syl_St_Laurent Sylvain St-Laurent
"Matt Carkner rejoindra les #Sens au New Jersey, jeudi, mais il n'affrontera pas les Devils."

I dont understand a word in french , but looks like Carkner-Rundblad controversy begins at thursday.

krapsik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 01:02 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
I saw a win, and an OT loss. Pretend like that doesn't matter all you like... But it does.

I'm willing to bet dollars to donuts that you wouldn't give a crap if Nikita Filatov's name was instead Nick Phillips and he was from Flin Flon, Manitoba. As a matter of fact, I'm willing to bet you'd be calling for his head the way you've been doing with Greening every second or third post.
No difference let a boy call John Smith from Alabama... it is for the system not for Nikita Filatov as a person When somebody told that Butler will be HS on the game with Caps I was shocked and said it here.

Old
12-06-2011, 01:05 PM
Afro Thunder*

Quote:
Originally Posted by krapsik View Post
Syl_St_Laurent Sylvain St-Laurent
"Matt Carkner rejoindra les #Sens au New Jersey, jeudi, mais il n'affrontera pas les Devils."

I dont understand a word in french , but looks like Carkner-Rundblad controversy begins at thursday.
It says he won't play the Devils.

An easy solution, take Lee out put in Carkner and keep Rundblad.

Afro Thunder* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 01:06 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afro Thunder View Post
It says he won't play the Devils.

An easy solution, take Lee out put in Carkner and keep Rundblad.
Ha... and when Kuba will return? What than?

Old
12-06-2011, 01:07 PM
The King of Town

Quote:
No difference let a boy call John Smith from Alabama... it is for the system not for Nikita Filatov as a person When somebody told that Butler will be HS on the game with Caps I was shocked and said it here.
That's why you were here crying about it's not "fair" when it was Butler's turn to sit out games earlier this year, right? Wait, no you weren't. He's not Russian.

Fact is, they're both amounting to a whole lot of not much right now. The one with the track record is the one that's going to be given the longest leash. Everyone else has to work hard and wait their turn.... again just like pretty much every other 21 year old in the history of this league.

Having healthy scratches is a good thing, not a bad one.

Old
12-06-2011, 01:09 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
That's why you were here crying about it's not "fair" when it was Butler's turn to sit out games earlier this year, right? Wait, no you weren't. He's not Russian.

Fact is, they're both amounting to a whole lot of not much right now. The one with the track record is the one that's going to be given the longest leash. Everyone else has to work hard and wait their turn.... again just like pretty much every other 21 year old in the history of this league.
No... but my English was worse and I did not write on Sens board there in this time too much because Idid not believe myself and my English Btw I am not Russian. I do not cry I am only shocked. But O.K.I will not write about Filatov anymore if you are angry for it and think I am crying.

Old
12-06-2011, 01:09 PM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

vCash: 50
Quote:
Ha... and when Kuba will return? What than?
When Kuba gets back, Rundblad probably goes to the AHL.

12-06-2011, 01:10 PM
HSF

Quote:
Probably you do not believe it but Bobby Butler was in the first line at practise!!!

Let somebody tell me about fair chance for Filatov!
I agree after lsat night i rather see Filatov in than Butler

HSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 01:10 PM
The King of Town

Quote:
No... but my English was worse and I did not write on Sens board there in this time too much because Idid not believe myself and my English Btw I am not Russian.
I never claimed you were.

Listen, we get it. You're in love with Filatov. It's too bad, really, but we get it. You want him to play. You're upset that big lumbering talentless bums like Colin Greening are playing over him. It's not "fair". Your point has been made. You don't need to repeat it over, and over, and over, and over.... We get it.

His turn will come. I think in spite of popular opinion he's a lot more patient than quite a few of you, and has a much better understanding of the situation.

Old
12-06-2011, 01:13 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:

Listen, we get it. You're in love with Filatov. It's too bad, really, but we get it. You want him to play. You're upset that big lumbering talentless bums like Colin Greening are playing over him. It's not "fair". Your point has been made. You don't need to repeat it over, and over, and over, and over.... We get it.

His turn will come. I think in spite of popular opinion he's a lot more patient than quite a few of you, and has a much better understanding of the situation.
Boy... I am 36, ..... I am woman so I am more emphatic than men, more emotional... so please do not write similar things, O.K.? Well I never write about Filatov. Content?

Last edited by mt-svk: 12-06-2011 at 01:31 PM.
Old
12-06-2011, 01:14 PM
HSF

Quote:

Butler has been pretty damn useless on the top line all i see if lost puck battles a avg skater who shows skill ONLY when he has the puck. Spezza can do that just fine. Atleast Filatov should get another chance.

i usually dont whine about lineup changes but Butler really frustrates me even more than Filatov if that is possible

HSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 01:19 PM
The King of Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSF View Post
Butler has been pretty damn useless on the top line all i see if lost puck battles a avg skater who shows skill ONLY when he has the puck. Spezza can do that just fine. Atleast Filatov should get another chance.

i usually dont whine about lineup changes but Butler really frustrates me even more than Filatov if that is possible
I know Butler's been useless. I agree 100%. So has Filatov though. Right now it's 6 of one, half a dozen of the other...

His turn will come, as long as he does what he's told, works hard, and bides his time. When it does, he needs to make the best of it.

I'm just tired of reading a deluge of whiny posts about how it's not "fair" for Filatov. **** "fair". This is hockey. There's no crying in hockey.

Did you read the first 6 or 7 pages of that *****-fest known as a GDT yesterday? Man that was painful. I just don't want to go through that again every single time everyone's second favourite golden boy doesn't get in the lineup, you know?

Old
12-06-2011, 01:20 PM
The King of Town

Quote:
"In love with" is often used as an hyperbolic expression in North America, you shouldn't take it so personally, it's not meant in the way you seemed to take it. Nobody is actually questioning your faithfulness.

Old
12-06-2011, 01:22 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
"In love with" is often used as an hyperbolic expression in North America, you shouldn't take it so personally, it's not meant in the way you seemed to take it. Nobody is actually questioning your faithfulness.
Maybe but I will never write anything about him on hfboards from this time! Never! It will be better for the whole board ...

Old
12-06-2011, 01:22 PM
Tundraman
GoneCountry

Quote:
Quote removed by tundraman
Not pointing to any other specific poster or comment that led you to write this but......While some may empathize -------edited out by Tundraman ---------- that's too much information to post on a sports related forum where the average mental age of a sports fanatic is 15. Just learn to read and enjoy what you like and ignore the rest.

Last edited by Tundraman: 12-06-2011 at 01:37 PM.
Tundraman is offline   Reply With Quote