HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Where do we go from here?

Old
05-30-2012, 07:53 PM
X0X0A0
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 500
Can't really argue with them about anything and they are FINALLY giving Killorn some respect with a place in the top 5, only about 3 years behind BP.

X0X0A0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 08:26 PM
HoseEmDown

I have a few questions about their evaluations, first they say all our foward prospects besides Namestinkov have flaws, what flaws are they talking about? Second they said we need a puck moving D, isn't that what Barbero is? Besides that I'm glad to see that we're moving up.

HoseEmDown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 09:14 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
I have a few questions about their evaluations, first they say all our foward prospects besides Namestinkov have flaws, what flaws are they talking about? Second they said we need a puck moving D, isn't that what Barbero is? Besides that I'm glad to see that we're moving up.
Not all our forwards, just the top end ones not including Namestnikov who has a great all around package. I think they are referring to Panik, Kucherov, and possibly Conacher. I wouldn't call it "serious flaws" but I can see the concern. Kucherov has a lot to work on if he wants to be successful playing the north american game over here, Panik has had his flaws noted over the years although he did make great strides the 2nd half of this season, and I guess the knock on Conacher is his size. Connolly and Ashton are also off the list.

As for the puck moving defenseman, yeah I don't get that because of Barberio unless they are pointing to our depth. All our dmen can skate and move the puck, but Barberios the only true puck rusher.

Old
05-30-2012, 09:27 PM
BarberioTheBarbarian

My question is can Namestnikov make the NHL leap next season.

BarberioTheBarbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 10:26 PM
LightningStrikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarberioTheBarbarian View Post
It's not very likely, IMO. It's not the "safe route" which Yzerman prefers and there is no need to rush him like that.

LightningStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 10:48 PM
chasespace

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarberioTheBarbarian View Post
He needs to get some meat on his bones

chasespace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 11:04 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacho Labrie View Post
Can't really argue with them about anything and they are FINALLY giving Killorn some respect with a place in the top 5, only about 3 years behind BP.
About time boys.

The Fear Boners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 01:05 AM
Bolt32

Disagree with the Rankings....Were favorites to win the Calder cup, in the Calder cup finals and we place that low? WTH?

We had two rookie skaters finish in the top 10 in points in the AHL, yet were still at the bottom in terms of prospect ranks? I guess the Undrafted gets no respect.

Bolt32 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 07:12 AM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt32 View Post
Disagree with the Rankings....Were favorites to win the Calder cup, in the Calder cup finals and we place that low? WTH?

We had two rookie skaters finish in the top 10 in points in the AHL, yet were still at the bottom in terms of prospect ranks? I guess the Undrafted gets no respect.
I don't think are position is that bad, we jumped 10 spots from last year. It's more about how bad our prospect pool was and now it's respectable. I also don't think HF gives much credit to NCAA players which is why Killorn was so low for awhile. I can see where they don't give as much credit for AHL success cause there's a chance that the player may be an AHL star but can't make it in the NHL. I think after this draft barring we don't trade most of the picks we'll be top 10 in the fall.

HoseEmDown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 05:31 PM
MrMcGz

When they finally fix our logo I might pay more attention to these rankings...

MrMcGz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 10:53 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt32 View Post

Doesn't have as much as you'd think to do with our prospects.

The Fear Boners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 05:54 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hocke...oucher/1233694
Part of Guy Boucher's interview about Brunner

Quote:
What did you think of Swiss star Damien Brunner, whom Lightning general manager Steve Yzerman has been open about wanting to sign?

He's very fast. He's got a great shot. He's very opportunistic in the sense that he reads the spaces very well; wherever the puck's on the ice, it seems to follow him. He's very good at getting open at crucial moments offensively.

Can he fill a top-six role?

That's certainly not something I would like to project. That's putting too much pressure on him. First, we need to be able to sign him. Two, we'd have to see how he adapts. Those Europeans, they all have their adaptation period. It's a very different game over there and therefore you never know.

TheDaysOf 04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 08:35 PM
stryfe604
Believes in Yzergod

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 View Post
http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hocke...oucher/1233694
Part of Guy Boucher's interview about Brunner
I haven't seen much of Brunner, but from what I've seen I like. But I am not entirely sure if he would make a good transition into our play style. Any other thoughts?

stryfe604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 10:58 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hocke...ts-for/1234598
Quote:
Lightning general manager Steve Yzerman said he doesn't like using offer sheets to lure players from an opponent, and it has nothing to do with the idea fellow GMs would look unfavorably at the maneuver.

Nope, the way Yzerman sees it, with offer sheets, "you're just screwing up your own pay structure."

"The only way a team doesn't match the offer is if you grossly overpay the player," he said. "That's why I don't like it. If you do a contract for the right value of a player, chances are the other team is just going to match it."
Quote:
"At the end of the day we're all competitive," he said. "We're all trying to put the best team on the ice within the rules of the CBA. The biggest issue, in my opinion, is in order to get the player, you have to overpay. When a contract is out of whack, I think everybody — not only the general managers, the media, everybody — looks at you like, 'What are you doing?' It doesn't make sense."

TheDaysOf 04 is offline   Reply With Quote