HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Healey, Simpson, Hughson

Closed Thread

Old
12-06-2011, 09:02 AM
Interactif

vCash: 500
Healey, Simpson, Hughson

Not sure how to organize this, but searching for ideas how to let CBC know Leafs fans don't want these 3 men, Healey, Simpson, Hughson doing their games. I think I have seen enough negative comments on our board that are not happy with their work.

Watching the Leafs play The Rangers last night was just a reminder how it was to hear very good impartial announcers for a change on MSG network led by Sam Rosen. When Bob Cole did a rare Leafs game this year, I don't know about the rest of Leafs fans but I didn't realize how much I missed his play by play calls.

Does anyone think CBC will listen?

Anyway here is the contact page unless somone has an email address.

http://www.cbc.ca/contact/

Old
12-06-2011, 09:06 AM
Jatt

Hughson is horrible, have never liked him dating back to when TSN was doing the "other" Norris division playoff series that the CBC wouldn't pick up, hearing "GREAT SAAAAAVE BELFOUUUUUR" still sounds like nails to a chalkboard, I'm not anal over a miscue or two during games but anyone that thinks Hughson somehow never misses a call is an idiot, Cole might make a couple more than Hughson per broadcast but it's something I could live with instead of hearing Mr. Vancouver do another Leafs game on Saturday night. Ship'em back to the west.

Old
12-06-2011, 09:07 AM
Interactif

1st complaint sent in.

Old
12-06-2011, 09:09 AM
puckbunnygirl

they wont listen, nor do they care.

you have to realize that guys like hughson are buddy buddy within those orgs. do you think whoever's hughson's boss is going to let him go because some fans hate him?

you'll be seen as some more whiney fans, and nothing more. cbc's team (almost all of it) is pathetic compared to tsn's, and i hardly even watch cbc games anymore, and when i do, i make a special point to turn the channel whenever any intermissions start.

stop watching them, thats your only recourse that could eventually pay dividends, well that and digging up some scandelous dirt on them lol.

Old
12-06-2011, 09:10 AM
Interactif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatt View Post
Hughson is horrible, have never liked him dating back to when TSN was doing the "other" Norris division playoff series that the CBC wouldn't pick up, hearing "GREAT SAAAAAVE BELFOUUUUUR" still sounds like nails to a chalkboard, I'm not anal over a miscue or two during games but anyone that thinks Hughson somehow never misses a call is an idiot, Cole might make a couple more than Hughson per broadcast but it's something I could live with instead of hearing Mr. Vancouver do another Leafs game on Saturday night. Ship'em back to the west.
I used to love Cole and Harry Neale, comeon it's easy. Used a fake name and email but filled out the CBC complaint form.

Hate Healey and Hughson. Simpson brings nothing to the table, think he was the guy that told the Leafs not to draft him, 3 Leafs haters doing our team's broadcast. Atleast have an impartial crew.

Old
12-06-2011, 09:11 AM
Yosho
Logic

Hughson and Simpson can stay..

Just throw Healey to the curb.

Old
12-06-2011, 09:12 AM
Kirkpatrick

I was hoping this was a trade proposal to send them to NY for the MSG commentators...not that MSG would be crazy enough to take such a deal - Brent Sutter's not an exec in the network by chance, is he?

Old
12-06-2011, 09:13 AM
Interactif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosho View Post
Hughson and Simpson can stay..

Just throw Healey to the curb.
Hughson's, one name calls are annoying.

The great 8, more like the invisible 8.

Mario,

Henrik,

Daniel.

Sid,

Bring me the barf bag.

Old
12-06-2011, 09:15 AM
Razor
Say no to Luongo.

They specifically have anti-leaf announcers to keep all of the haters interested in the game. Just hit the mute button, crack open a few beers and watch the game with the boys. Believe me it works haha.

Old
12-06-2011, 09:18 AM
zeke
#TeamReimer

Simpson is ok, Hughson isn't very good.....but Healey is just godawful.

Old
12-06-2011, 09:19 AM
The Magician

I can hardly believe the reaction from Leafs fans watching the Rangers feed last night. I too was in a really good state of mind listening to those Rangers commentators (not only because they seemed biased in favour of the Leafs!). It's just a more pleasant experience.

Old
12-06-2011, 09:21 AM
Interactif

2 complaints sent now.

http://www.cbc.ca/contact/

Old
12-06-2011, 09:57 AM
Dayjobdave

Thank you. I will follow the link and complain as well.

It's remarkable how negative they are.

I recommend people make the point that coverage like this has us rooting for an MLSE Network Saturday night game

Old
12-06-2011, 09:58 AM
naturalnumbas

Someone let them know the New York Rangers broadcast team calls a much more enjoyable game. Send them some film, get them studying. Replace them if need be.

Old
12-06-2011, 10:03 AM
mooseOAK*

I guess that I am abdicating my social responsibility by just turning the sound off when I find the announcers annoying.

Old
12-06-2011, 10:13 AM
naturalnumbas

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK View Post
I guess that I am abdicating my social responsibility by just turning the sound off when I find the announcers annoying.
Well yeah I do too. But sometimes in life... sometimes things matter.

Old
12-06-2011, 10:19 AM
BonMorrison
Sexy Back

You guys do realize that CBC and Healy for that matter are fully aware of how much people hate him (especially Leaf fans). That's why they keep him on TV, he's like the antagonist to us fans. He gets us going and gets us talking about CBC's broadcast. They want to give their broadcast a bit of an edge and they use Healy's antagonistic qualities to get that edge. Healy's not going anywhere anytime soon.

Old
12-06-2011, 10:20 AM
Yosho
Logic

They should have an option (maybe part of the Centre Ice package) to JUST listen to the game.

No announcers, just the sounds. Crowd, Ice, Skates, Shots, Goals.

That'd be beautiful.

Old
12-06-2011, 10:29 AM
Interactif

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonMorrison View Post
You guys do realize that CBC and Healy for that matter are fully aware of how much people hate him (especially Leaf fans). That's why they keep him on TV, he's like the antagonist to us fans. He gets us going and gets us talking about CBC's broadcast. They want to give their broadcast a bit of an edge and they use Healy's antagonistic qualities to get that edge. Healy's not going anywhere anytime soon.
Healey sucks, I think everyone here sees him for what he is. A bitter man that probably was not hired by The Leafs and he is holding a grudge. He's also not much of an on ice analyst. Last game they were fawning all over Chara, thought it was a Chara love in, rather than a hockey game. They kept reitterating Kessel-Chara match up to the point of it being redundant. Someone bring in Chris Cuthbert. He is the best play by play man on CBC right now, get Weeks on ice, keep Simpson if need be, but I much rather have an ex coach, someone like when Bowman did the games. The current 3 don't deserve to work games in a market as large as Toronto's.

http://www.cbc.ca/contact/ 3 complaints and counting...

Old
12-06-2011, 10:30 AM
Drew311
Catch The Taste

I can't figure out why you don't like listening to Healy continually look for Simpson's approval on every single anecdote....."right Simmer??"

Old
12-06-2011, 10:30 AM
TheArchitect*

Revive Foster Hewitt's corpse. He'd probably still be more with it than Bob Cole.

Old
12-06-2011, 10:36 AM
Rude Dog

Don't mind the other two...it's just Healy who is over the top.

Old
12-06-2011, 10:48 AM
BonMorrison
Sexy Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
Healey sucks, I think everyone here sees him for what he is. A bitter man that probably was not hired by The Leafs and he is holding a grudge. He's also not much of an on ice analyst. Last game they were fawning all over Chara, thought it was a Chara love in, rather than a hockey game. They kept reitterating Kessel-Chara match up to the point of it being redundant. Someone bring in Chris Cuthbert. He is the best play by play man on CBC right now, get Weeks on ice, keep Simpson if need be, but I much rather have an ex coach, someone like when Bowman did the games. The current 3 don't deserve to work games in a market as large as Toronto's.

http://www.cbc.ca/contact/ 3 complaints and counting...
I didn't disagree with anyone, I'm saying that he's not there to be some expert play-by-play man, he's there to piss us off - and it works.

Old
12-06-2011, 10:48 AM
Bleed Blue and White

Hughson and Simpson are ok, Healy is just.... awful. Saturday night for example (paraphrased) "Connolly's been getting cleaned on the draws all night, why does Wilson keep putting him out there?" Hughson- "they just iced the puck."

Old
12-06-2011, 10:55 AM
JSBach

Give it a rest! The fans have little to no power over who gets fired, and constantly complaining about it makes one sound like one has a very easy life. There are a lot of people who wish they only had to worry about who calls hockey games. Turn the volume down and get over it.

Closed Thread