HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Healey, Simpson, Hughson

Closed Thread

Old
12-06-2011, 12:33 PM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

vCash: 166
Last Saturday, the Leafs got an icing and Glen Healy didn't shut up about the fact that Connolly was out there for the face-off and how bad he has been doing. He didn't realize that Wilson couldn't switch anyone, because of the icing. Very irritating when he's not even paying attention to the game.

Old
12-06-2011, 12:37 PM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffler View Post
Hughson is a fantastic commentator...when he isn't Canucks biased (even when they aren't playing).

"Tonight we have for you the Toronto Maple Leafs, and Montreal Canadiens. In net, we have two goalies that aren't as good as Roberto Luongo"
You must be joking. Hughson sounds like his family is being held hostage and he's being forced to talk as boring as possible or else they'll be executed. The guy makes you want to sleep.

Old
12-06-2011, 12:54 PM
JackBurton

Huh, personally I've always liked Hughson. He may be a Canucks guy, but he knows the game. Now granted, he's no Bowen, but he gets the job done.

Old
12-06-2011, 01:23 PM
Interactif

4th complaint and counting!

http://www.cbc.ca/contact/

#freebobcole campaign.

Old
12-06-2011, 01:29 PM
Gardiner
#Shredder

HNIC in Punjabi is back!! No more healy!!

Not in HD, but its worth it.

http://j-source.ca/article/cbc-bring...canada-punjabi

Old
12-06-2011, 01:39 PM
northstarnicky

5th complaint. This one from the USA.

Old
12-06-2011, 01:40 PM
ThreeHundred

I just voiced my opinion on that link

I can't stand Hughson and Healy. Where is Bob Cole and Harry Neal. Bring them back or atleast get people who are more interesting and have a voice

I don't care if Cole says the wrong players name lol he still has a better hockey voice

Last edited by ThreeHundred: 12-06-2011 at 01:47 PM.
Old
12-06-2011, 01:44 PM
Interactif

5th complaint and counting.

Let's lose Healy and #freebobcole

Old
12-06-2011, 02:09 PM
L Corncrick
NHL Outsider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosho View Post
They should have an option (maybe part of the Centre Ice package) to JUST listen to the game.

No announcers, just the sounds. Crowd, Ice, Skates, Shots, Goals.

That'd be beautiful.
I'm hoping that some of the folks here remember the Vancouver Olympic coverage that was available on-line. For the sports and games where they did not have an announcing team they just put the stream up with only the ambient noises of each sport (including some hockey games). It was glorious.

Good announcing can be interesting but the sound of the game stands by itself.

Old
12-06-2011, 02:16 PM
Interactif

Bob Cole

How can one not love this call? First Cole, then Bowen.

Old
12-06-2011, 02:24 PM
Jatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardiner View Post
HNIC in Punjabi is back!! No more healy!!

Not in HD, but its worth it.

http://j-source.ca/article/cbc-bring...canada-punjabi
Sucks it's still not in HD yet, I wonder if there's a way to keep my digital box on the HD feed but switch the audio to the Punjabi broadcast.

Harnarayan > Healy.

Old
12-06-2011, 02:32 PM
Interactif

More Cole

#freebobcole

Old
12-06-2011, 02:43 PM
arrbez
bad chi

Send a message via MSN to arrbez
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
He blamed Kessel for throwing the puck away along the boards in Sat's game and it wasn't even him on the ice, I don't know what he was watching.
Healy being a bitter Leaf-hating ****** is one thing. But the fact that he doesn't seem to know much about hockey is just unforgivable on CBC's part. Even Leaf-haters across the country would surely prefer someone smarter in that role.

Old
12-06-2011, 02:55 PM
Canadian Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosho View Post
Hughson and Simpson can stay..

Just throw Healey to the curb.
+1

I don't mind the other two, but Healy is beyond terrible...a lot worse than and more annoying than Pierre McGuire. For someone who played for the Leafs, he sure doen't mind being as negative as possible about them (even when they are winning) and nitpicking every little useless detail about them. Seems kind of odd for a guy who played 437 games and only had 166 wins (37.9 win%).

Maybe he should find something he can actually do well at... like knitting. Cox and Simmons could join him and they can all bicker like old women back and forth on how their slippers are better than the other's.

Old
12-06-2011, 03:14 PM
WoratCase*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfanz View Post
So what? You claim you love Bob Cole? The guy doesn't even get the players names right half the time. I watched Cole call Gunnarsson, Gustavsson many times and totally miss why the whistle was even blown, like he is watching something else...Have you heard Don Cherry butcher names on Coaches Corner?...its comical. Almost like he goes out of his way to mis-pronounce players names. One thing I learned in broadcasting school, is you don't butcher people's names. You practice them until you get them right, otherwise you come across as a hack who doesn't do his homework. It appears that sportscasters are not held to the same standards as newscasters but they should be, if they want to be viewed as professional and credible.
Your point is totally off. Yes Cole mixes up people's names (all broadcasters do), but he is the only one who actually pronounces the names right. No not the caker Canadian way but the actually real pronunciation. It's one thing I've always like about him.

Old
12-06-2011, 03:27 PM
THHT

Really wish I could find the clip that Healy himself was showing on Sat where he's standing in the box between benches (pre-game) and is laughing it up with someone from the Bruins then when Phaneuf skates over, he's straightens/shuts up, faces straight and looks at Phaneuf at the corner of his eye sockets as he skates by. Healy was talking about the pre-game chirping. Looked as if Healy was caught jerking.

Last edited by THHT: 12-06-2011 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Edit: Bruins
Old
12-06-2011, 03:38 PM
goguls

I can tolerate Simpson if I'm forced to.
Hughson's boring and should stick to Canucks games.
Healy =

I think Doc Emrick has to be my favourite.

Old
12-06-2011, 04:01 PM
stish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Around in 67 View Post
man I wish I had some of your guys' lives if all you have to write letters and complain about are the hockey commentators on CBC
Well you read this thread and made 3 posts, which probably took more time than it does to write an email.

Old
12-06-2011, 04:05 PM
stish

Quote:
Originally Posted by L Corncrick View Post
I'm hoping that some of the folks here remember the Vancouver Olympic coverage that was available on-line. For the sports and games where they did not have an announcing team they just put the stream up with only the ambient noises of each sport (including some hockey games). It was glorious.

Good announcing can be interesting but the sound of the game stands by itself.
Belltv had several channels like this, including a couple for hockey in HD. It was unbelievable. You even got to watch the zamboni during intermission.
I complained on Saturday so count me as 8th.

Last edited by stish: 12-06-2011 at 04:32 PM.
Old
12-06-2011, 04:07 PM
go_leafs_go02

vCash: 695
7th complaint lodged.

You nay-sayers think we're nuts, but Glenn Healy was trending Canada-wide Saturday night with Canadians complaining about him. That's huge.

We need some fans in the ACC to get some Healy jeers going on a Saturday night, but if that would work, I would be shocked.

Either way, I have NO clue what the CBC was thinking when they released Chris Cuthbert. Man, he's probably my favourite announcer in Canada. Jim Hughson/Craig Simpson should stick to covering Vancouver. Bring Bob Cole back - great voice, and his tone just adds to the game experience.

And heads up, you can unplug your centre speaker in an HD broadcast to mute the PBP.

Old
12-06-2011, 04:32 PM
Poignant Discussion
I tell it like it is

vCash: 1400
Send a message via MSN to Poignant Discussion Send a message via Yahoo to Poignant Discussion
Quote:
Originally Posted by go_leafs_go02 View Post
7th complaint lodged.

You nay-sayers think we're nuts, but Glenn Healy was trending Canada-wide Saturday night with Canadians complaining about him. That's huge.

We need some fans in the ACC to get some Healy jeers going on a Saturday night, but if that would work, I would be shocked.

Either way, I have NO clue what the CBC was thinking when they released Chris Cuthbert. Man, he's probably my favourite announcer in Canada. Jim Hughson/Craig Simpson should stick to covering Vancouver. Bring Bob Cole back - great voice, and his tone just adds to the game experience.

And heads up, you can unplug your centre speaker in an HD broadcast to mute the PBP.
I think some people underestimate how some companies handle dissatisfied customers. Start a facebook page, tweet your hearts out and send emails. If you get enough hits on your facebook page, find a few reporters from newspapers and email them the link. Never underestimate social media.

8th complaint lodged

Old
12-06-2011, 04:44 PM
achtungbaby

There must something better to do with our time. There just has to be. What do you guys do about co-workers you find annoying? Learning to live with things is key part of life, just let it go guys.

Old
12-06-2011, 04:49 PM
Flea90

yeah i was streaming the leaf game last night and i was kinda shocked as to how the MSG announcers are like the non homer announcers of the league. they gave the leafs credit when credit was due and never seemed biased

Old
12-06-2011, 04:52 PM
pooleboy
#buildthrewthedraft

idc about any other announcers i hate healy, everytime he opens his mouth i yell at the tv

Old
12-06-2011, 04:55 PM
Interactif

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrbez View Post
Healy being a bitter Leaf-hating ****** is one thing. But the fact that he doesn't seem to know much about hockey is just unforgivable on CBC's part. Even Leaf-haters across the country would surely prefer someone smarter in that role.
Yep, he isn't Pierre Mcguire or my new fav Ray Ferrero, who is very good.

6th complaint logged.

I don't care if Healy, Simpson, or Hughson continue to work for CBC, but just get them off of Leafs games Sat night.

#freebobcole

Closed Thread