Notices

Boston Bruins at Winnipeg Jets

Closed Thread

Old
12-06-2011, 12:23 PM
Guerzy
Serenity

vCash: 200
This should be an AWESOME game! Our Jets are playing some good hockey these days and the Bruins are, well, about as hot and good as a team can be.

They played last night vs. Pittsburgh so hopefully they're a little tired. I hope. I think this one is gunna be a rough one, and it's gunna feel like a playoff game.

The MTS will be ROCKIN' for this one!!! GO JETS!

Old
12-06-2011, 12:31 PM
shaunhil

vCash: 500
This is good news. I'm counting on the crowd to hold it down for us tonight. The games I have been to I felt Pavs feeds off us like crazy.

"Joining Hainsey on the "close" list are forwards Nik Antropov and Eric Fehr. Noel said all three players should be ready to go by the end of the week, while defenceman Brett Festerling has also been cleared to return."

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/bre...135086888.html

Old
12-06-2011, 12:34 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 2203
Festerling sent back to the farm...
http://jets.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=605026

Old
12-06-2011, 12:37 PM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
Festerling sent back to the farm...
http://jets.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=605026
Sucks for him but with the way Kulda and flood are playing makes sense

Old
12-06-2011, 12:40 PM
MSPGabe
Born & Bred In Maine

B's fan here, welcome back!

Can't wait for the game tonight, the atmosphere should be great.

Bruins certainly seem to be the favorite, taking 29 of the last 30 points...but coming off an intense, hard fought game at Pittsburgh I expect a letdown. Could go either way.

Old
12-06-2011, 12:45 PM
Ondrej The Giant

Remember, it's ON-DREJ! ON-DREJ! ON-DREJ! to give our tender some support.

Old
12-06-2011, 12:50 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 50
This should be a great game tonight!
Bruins had a late night yesterday, so hopefully they are tired tonight.
Hope we can take advantage.

Go Jets Go!

Old
12-06-2011, 12:50 PM
sipowicz
The Original

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie O My View Post
Bruins fan coming in peace.

I know it's been done to death but i'm guessing this never gets old....welcome back!

The first game was a good one and i'm sure tonight will be just as intense.

We had a couple of your boys come on our GDT and mention something about you guys like to boo the opposition or something. What's the problem? I expect nothing less, unless you're booing injured players or something.

Hey, quick question, how has our old friend the Wheel been playing for you guys this year?

Here's to a great game with no injuries and may the better team win. Gooooo hockey!

Wheel's is a great player as long as that definition DOES NOT INCLUDE: scoring, passing, hitting, play making or not falling when going into the corners.

Kidding aside he has played well in the past 4-5 games, he does only have 2 goals, and for the number of games and minutes per game he gets to play that is pretty bad.

What's puzzling is that Wheeler has all the tools to be a very good hockey player, size, speed, shot and even attitude. What he does lack is hockey sense.

Old
12-06-2011, 12:52 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

He hasn't deposited any goals in the top portion of the net thus not allowing me to use my "Cheese Wheel" one liner.

So I will say I am not pleased with his play.

Old
12-06-2011, 12:59 PM
Jet
Stand by your man

Negative: Playing the best team in the league right now, and red hot to boot

Positive: Jets are doing pretty good lately too, seem to play up to the level of the competition, and are rested while the Bruins should be tired.

This one is too close to call. I will say the Jets can make a hell of a statement to the league and Jets fans with a win tonight. People don't realize how good this team is and a win tonight might change that a bit (though I personally don't mind being the underdog).

It will take a near perfect game from the Jets however. I'd say build a 2 goal lead but we all know what happened last time

12-06-2011, 01:01 PM
Tintin's Ghost

Game should be great tonight with the Jets playing great hockey lately and the Bruins are the best team in the league last few weeks. Plus they got bragging rights on the Cup so who doesn't want to beat them! Fans, players, everyone is pumped for this game.

I think composure will be big test tonight. The Bruins can alter momentum of a game faster than any other I have seen so far this season. They score in bunches (and timely) and throw big hits that distract everyone (hello Ryan Miller). Talk about having to stay 100% on your plan every second on the ice.

Great to see that the MTS will be showing Pavelec some love tonight (Ondrej ole ole). And with Chara, Lucic and Marchand coming to town, I hope to hear the MTS all the way out here in Saskatchewan with the noise!

It would be pretty funny to hear some "Thank you Seguin" chants if he has a turnover/giveaway/lapse out there b/c of all the "Thank you Kessel" chants they get going in Boston. Dare to dream...

Old
12-06-2011, 01:06 PM
Pie O My

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tintin's Ghost View Post
Game should be great tonight with the Jets playing great hockey lately and the Bruins are the best team in the league last few weeks. Plus they got bragging rights on the Cup so who doesn't want to beat them! Fans, players, everyone is pumped for this game.

I think composure will be big test tonight. The Bruins can alter momentum of a game faster than any other I have seen so far this season. They score in bunches (and timely) and throw big hits that distract everyone (hello Ryan Miller). Talk about having to stay 100% on your plan every second on the ice.

Great to see that the MTS will be showing Pavelec some love tonight (Ondrej ole ole). And with Chara, Lucic and Marchand coming to town, I hope to hear the MTS all the way out here in Saskatchewan with the noise!

It would be pretty funny to hear some "Thank you Seguin" chants if he has a turnover/giveaway/lapse out there b/c of all the "Thank you Kessel" chants they get going in Boston. Dare to dream...
dude, not only would i be lmao but i got news for you, i'll bet the whole Bruins bench would be laughing too.

Old
12-06-2011, 01:08 PM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prot View Post
You're a fan of Shane's? From... radio? Or where?

I know this is going to be tough. I promised my buddy I wouldn't boo him for wearing is Bruins jersey tonight. (But what I haven't told him is I'm going to whip his hat onto the ice.... j/k)
Shane was on the Bruins several years ago. I liked his attitude of sticking up for his fellow players. He was called the "sheriff". I picked up a sheriff's badge and put "Sheriff Shane" on it and wore to the games.

I sit right next to the B's bench. The B's equipment manager asked me if Shane saw the badge because Shane thought he had no fans. He did see it and he has MANY B's fans.

Most of the STH near me really like him. If you can find the old threads on the B's board you will see how pleased most of us were that the B's brought him back. He was one of the black aces in case someone got hurt.

He was gone from the B's for over a year but they picked him up last Jan and he played in a couple of playoff games for the B's. I dusted off my Sheriff Shane badge and wore it to the games.

Sorry for the long story. If you see him tell him the not-so-young lady who sits next to the B's backup goalie (who wore the sheriff badge) says "Hi". .

12-06-2011, 01:10 PM
Jet
Stand by your man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyfan View Post
Shane was on the Bruins several years ago. I liked his attitude of sticking up for his fellow players. He was called the "sheriff". I picked up a sheriff's badge and put "Sheriff Shane" on it and wore to the games.

I sit right next to the B's bench. The B's equipment manager asked me if Shane saw the badge because Shane thought he had no fans. He did see it and he has MANY B's fans.

Most of the STH near me really like him. If you can find the old threads on the B's board you will see how pleased most of us were that the B's brought him back. He was one of the black aces in case someone got hurt.

He was gone from the B's for over a year but they picked him up last Jan and he played in a couple of playoff games for the B's. I dusted off my Sheriff Shane badge and wore it to the games.

Sorry for the long story. If you see him tell him the not-so-young lady who sits next to the B's backup goalie (who wore the sheriff badge) says "Hi". .
Awesome story Ladyfan. You are welcome here anytime. Please don't take offense to all the booing we do in Winnipeg - it's nothing personal.

I fully expect Chara, Lucic and Seguin to get the brunt of it.

Old
12-06-2011, 01:10 PM
Turbofan
The Full 60 Minutes

vCash: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
Wheel's is a great player as long as that definition DOES NOT INCLUDE: scoring, passing, hitting, play making or not falling when going into the corners.

Kidding aside he has played well in the past 4-5 games, he does only have 2 goals, and for the number of games and minutes per game he gets to play that is pretty bad.

What's puzzling is that Wheeler has all the tools to be a very good hockey player, size, speed, shot and even attitude. What he does lack is hockey sense.
He's been a point-per-game pace for the last 8 games. He's averaged 16:32 TOI/G, which is less than Ladd or Burmistrov, and Antropov. He has more points than Ladd or Burmi and is tied with Antro. During this stretch only Kane and Little have outproduced him in points.

He also has the best +/- rating on the team. +7.

I think you need to get behind Wheels a bit. He's playing well now. Just needs to shoot more.

Old
12-06-2011, 01:11 PM
Hammer Slammer

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
I'm just hoping I see a "1" in the loss column of the Bruins last 10 games by the end of the night.

12-06-2011, 01:13 PM
Jet
Stand by your man

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnipegFalcon View Post
He's been a point-per-game pace for the last 8 games. He's averaged 16:32 TOI/G, which is less than Ladd or Burmistrov, and Antropov. He has more points than Ladd or Burmi and is tied with Antro. During this stretch only Kane and Little have outproduced him in points.

He also has the best +/- rating on the team. +7.

I think you need to get behind Wheels a bit. He's playing well now. Just needs to shoot more.
I agree. I was pretty hard on Wheels most of the year, but he's starting to look interested, which is good news for us.

Old
12-06-2011, 01:30 PM
Tintin's Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
I agree. I was pretty hard on Wheels most of the year, but he's starting to look interested, which is good news for us.
It's interesting that different guys have turned it on recently and seemed to have confidence/comprehension of noel's strategy/you name it. Kane started slow and is now our best offensive player (by far). Little has found his game and is a consistent threat. And now Wheeler. It seems to me like some learning/understanding happening with coach and players adjusting. Bodes well for the Jets if our key players find their A-game and can play it at the same time as a team.

Noel's philosophy and tactics would make for some interesting case studies and articles. It seems effective. Jets haven't been right "out" of a game since that crap in Columbus.

Old
12-06-2011, 01:37 PM
PostmanPat1919

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
Negative: Playing the best team in the league right now, and red hot to boot

Positive: Jets are doing pretty good lately too, seem to play up to the level of the competition, and are rested while the Bruins should be tired.

This one is too close to call. I will say the Jets can make a hell of a statement to the league and Jets fans with a win tonight. People don't realize how good this team is and a win tonight might change that a bit (though I personally don't mind being the underdog).

It will take a near perfect game from the Jets however. I'd say build a 2 goal lead but we all know what happened last time
The most dangerous lead in professional hockey today. The Winnipeg Jets leading by 2 goals.

Old
12-06-2011, 01:42 PM
DarthMonty
Jurassic Park baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tintin's Ghost View Post

Lucic, Chara, Thomas (if he starts) Seguin are all sure to be the targets for the booing - lets hope that we can keep them off of their respective games, because the Jets will need all the help we can give them tonight.

I'm going to this game(!!!!!) - one of my suppliers had a last minute cancelation, so I'm IN! I hope I'm hoarse tomorrow from all the yelling and booing I do tonight.

The Bruins, for the last dozen or so games, are making good teams look bad and bad teams look like they belong in the ECHL - so the Jets will have to stay out of the penalty box and on their game plan to win tonight.

I hope Burmistrov takes another run at Chara, although hopefully not penalty worthy. It said to me that the Jets weren't intimidated, and if they can keep that focus and not be intimidated by the Big Bad Bruins the Jets have a chance at winning this and ending the Bruins streak.

Go, Jets, Go!

Ondrej! Ondrej, Ondrej!!! (say it like Speedy Gonzales saying Andale, Andale, Andale)

Old
12-06-2011, 01:47 PM
NewJackEdwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post

Don't forget staying onside! All the tools but no toolbox with him. I always liked him as a Bruin though. He busts his rear end out there.

Old
12-06-2011, 02:00 PM
ICdave
HFB Partner

Audio from the Jets following today's practice. Media scrum with Kane, Thorburn (1 on 1), Hainsey, Glass, Wheeler, Ladd as well as coach Noel's press conference. Click here to listen.

Bruins won't be skating so no audio from them this afternoon. Coach Noel's dry sense of humour was in full effect today.

As well, I'm sure you guys know, but Jets have sent down Festerling and claimed Maxwell and assigned him to St John's.

As per usual we will have post-game reactions from both rooms.

Old
12-06-2011, 02:01 PM
Andre Boudrias

Send a message via MSN to Andre Boudrias
I smell MoneyLine. back to back games for the bruins, they played in Pittsburgh last night making this the perfect opporunity for the jets to win. The Jets are well rested, while the Bruins are playing their 3rd game in 4 nights. Adding to the fact the bruins are going to have to endure the boisterous fan base. Yummy, I love the Jets tonight!!

4-1 Jets!

As long as they stay out of the box and for that fact dont feel "intimidated" by the bruins. There is no reason why the jets should lose.

Cheers!

Old
12-06-2011, 02:01 PM
VanIsle
Bruins in 2015

Great to have you guys back, I loved the old days (for me anyways) Hawerchuk and Housley and a young rookie named Selanne were tearing it up for the old Jets.

I have many relatives from Saskatchewan and all of them are Jets fans and are so excited about having a team back.

I will always have a soft spot for the Jets and I wish nothing but the best for the franchise.

Old
12-06-2011, 02:09 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

I think a well rested Jets team ends up beating the Bruins tonight. The Bruins are coming off 3 games in 4 nights. The MTS center should prove a tough place tonight. I'm hoping for this game to go to overtime

Last edited by Jet: 12-06-2011 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Oops
Closed Thread