HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part XXIX (All non Habs related news here)

Closed Thread

Old
12-14-2011, 12:24 AM
Talks to Goalposts

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Well, we are tied for 8th, still great news!
And just a smidgen behind 7th. The East is terrible this year so despite all the hyperventilation Montreal is still very much is the mix despite the worst injury situation in the league (no hyperbole).

Old
12-14-2011, 12:48 AM
LesHabsRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
And just a smidgen behind 7th. The East is terrible this year so despite all the hyperventilation Montreal is still very much is the mix despite the worst injury situation in the league (no hyperbole).
And only 2 pts out of 6th. The habs maintained .500 status despite playing poorly. They have been getting better lately. They have only just now finally recovered from that brutal start of the season (even though they played well). They hung in there and now, with 2 wins in a row and a bunch of OT/SO losses to keep them afloat, this is their chance to start pulling away and do some climbing in the standings. Washington and Toronto have both cooled off lately (especially Washington). Buffalo has also stumbled lately. A win against Philly next will put them up there.

Old
12-14-2011, 06:37 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Stefan Elliot is amazing.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...d=35&id=142114

Old
12-14-2011, 07:22 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Wow...i never !!

Old
12-14-2011, 07:25 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
That was a really nice goal, kid is looking great out there in the past couple of games. See PK you can score with a good wrist shot!

Old
12-14-2011, 07:39 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
That was a really nice goal, kid is looking great out there in the past couple of games. See PK you can score with a good wrist shot!
I've been following that kid since his WHL days, his wrist shot (look at the videos below) and speed are just amazing and he's good in his own zone while being an offensive dynamo. He and Tyson Barrie (who's playing great in the AHL) are the reasons Shattenkirk was deemed expendable in the EJ deal.

Old
12-14-2011, 09:32 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Elliott was compared to Mike Green in his draft year.

Old
12-14-2011, 09:59 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Elliott was compared to Mike Green in his draft year.
Yeah he reminds me of Green with his rushes, but unlike Green he can actually play pretty good in his own zone, EJ McGuire compared him with Kaberle in his pre draft video, but that was before his monster 31 goal season for the Blades.

Old
12-14-2011, 10:04 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

http://news.bostonherald.com/sports/...&position=also

Not looking good for his future...

Old
12-14-2011, 10:36 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Why did he keep giving her address for where he lives? To me it doesn't sound like a ****/sexual assault. Sounds like it's a girl he dated or something and they had more of what I would consider some kind of domestic dispute. He was drunk and likely trying to get with an ex or something and she wanted nothing to do with it. Stupid for sure but I just think there's more to it than meets the eye. I don't think it was simply some random girl he had never interacted with before, probably an ex who was mad at him or something. Either way he shouldn't be drinking and has to be responsible for his actions. It's sad to see a promising kid have issues like this, it's even sadder that the girl had to go through this. Hopefully it really isn't as bad as they're making it out to be.

Old
12-14-2011, 10:51 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Why did he keep giving her address for where he lives? To me it doesn't sound like a ****/sexual assault. Sounds like it's a girl he dated or something and they had more of what I would consider some kind of domestic dispute. He was drunk and likely trying to get with an ex or something and she wanted nothing to do with it. Stupid for sure but I just think there's more to it than meets the eye. I don't think it was simply some random girl he had never interacted with before, probably an ex who was mad at him or something. Either way he shouldn't be drinking and has to be responsible for his actions. It's sad to see a promising kid have issues like this, it's even sadder that the girl had to go through this. Hopefully it really isn't as bad as they're making it out to be.
No idea...but not sure why you're trying to defend him. Regardless of if it was his ex or just a girl he know, it doesn't give him the right to show up and "jump her"!

Old
12-14-2011, 11:06 AM
Protest the Hero

Headshot? He definitely left his feet, I'd say 5 games.

Old
12-14-2011, 11:08 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post

Headshot? He definitely left his feet, I'd say 5 games.
Couldn't have happened to a better guy ! **** i hate him.

Old
12-14-2011, 11:17 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
Couldn't have happened to a better guy ! **** i hate him.
Why?

Old
12-14-2011, 11:17 AM
neofury*

Quote:
No idea...but not sure why you're trying to defend him. Regardless of if it was his ex or just a girl he know, it doesn't give him the right to show up and "jump her"!

Never did defend him all I said is that there's more to it than meets the eye, do I really need to break down every sentence of what I said for people that have their panties in a bunch?

You know as much as I do, was he convicted of anything yet? These kinds of things happen all the time where a guy goes to his ex's house for a routine booty call, she isn't in the mood that day or a fight happens at the scene. He was drunk, I still blame him for what happened, all I'm saying is it might not be as cut and dry as him breaking into her placing and trying to **** her. If you can't see that parts of the story don't add up then all I can say is don't become an investigator.

This is the kind of incident that happens ALL THE TIME where like a day or two later the girl realizes she was just pissed off at the time and drops the charges. He could have been really tight with this girl and was acting very obnoxious cause he was drunk. When a girl says no she means no and it doesn't give him any right, I wasn't defending him. Just saying it isn't as cut and dry as the article makes it. They make it sound like he kicked her door in pinned her down and tried to **** her. He groped her a few times probably because it's a girl he has a history with. Not saying it's right but you have to look at context. They may have been ex's or even **** buddies and he was going for a routine booty call that 99% of the time she was okay with.

Like I said these kinds of incidents happen all the time where the woman later clarifies that she was just pissed off didn't want to see the dude and he was being an obnoxious drunk, groping a girl you routinely have sex with on a night she potentially doesn't want to have sex isn't ****. As far as we know he didn't do anything more than groping and we don't know both sides here. All we know is what the article says and the article makes it sound like we really don't even know half the story. He might have no backed off right away which is still wrong, just saying it might be blown way out of proportion, it isn't like he actually did **** her. We don't know what the full story is, they don't give quotes from either party.

But yeah because I'm not some guy living in his parents basement who white knights on the internet I must be saying **** is okay.

There's a big difference between ****** a girl and trying to have sex with a girl you have sex with all the time. Not saying that is the case but like you I don't know the full story. I don't see a conviction pal. Let's wait and see what happens first before we go off assuming some media outlet is telling the full story.

Old
12-14-2011, 01:59 PM
Andy

Skinner, Giroux, Michalek, Crosby, Pitkanen all out with concussions: what a week for hockey.

Old
12-14-2011, 02:30 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:

The guy is a twit, but sexual assaults are heavy charges.
I don't know the guy, I don't know the girl, I don't know their relationship, I don't know what he ''groped'', but it seems rather harsh.
I know some guys that have flirted, tried to kiss, grabbed and smacked some booties of their friends when intoxicated. Everybody woke up the next day, girl called the guy an idiot, guy apologized, girl accepted and forgave, they remained close friends.

I mean, this happens in clubs all the time. Doesn't make it acceptable, but sexual assault is not a joke.

Old
12-14-2011, 04:08 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Bizarre stat of the day.

Scott Gomez (1.57) scores more points per minute 60 minutes of even strength play than Alex Ovechkin (1.41).

There are some good reasons Washington has been struggling.

Old
12-14-2011, 04:54 PM
BLONG7

Bolland of the Hawks said the Sedin sisters sleep in bunk beds...stay classy Dave...

Old
12-14-2011, 04:59 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
Bolland of the Hawks said the Sedin sisters sleep in bunk beds...stay classy Dave...
Hahahaha ! Good one.....

Old
12-14-2011, 05:01 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
Who is Bolland ?

Old
12-14-2011, 05:28 PM
canadiensnation
Go Habs Go

WPG placed Jason Jaffray on waivers. Make a claim?

Old
12-14-2011, 05:32 PM
One Trick Pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
Bizarre stat of the day.

Scott Gomez (1.57) scores more points per minute 60 minutes of even strength play than Alex Ovechkin (1.41).

There are some good reasons Washington has been struggling.
huh? doesn't Gomez have like 1 point?

Old
12-14-2011, 06:18 PM
Krnage

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliash View Post
huh? doesn't Gomez have like 1 point?

Old
12-14-2011, 06:19 PM
shamrun