HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part XXIX (All non Habs related news here)

Closed Thread

Old
12-06-2011, 11:32 PM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
This Wild/Sharks game is ****ing nuts.

Just take a look at the stats. Unreal.

Old
12-06-2011, 11:56 PM
Andy

Muller still winless

Canes lose 7-6 ouch. 6 losses in a row...if Anaheim wins, they're in last place. What the hell is wrong with that team. Many here had them locked for a playoff spot(I didn't, but I did think they'd end up around 9th-10th place).

Interesting stats: Carolina has not 1 plus player on their team(though I think it might have changed after tonight).

Old
12-07-2011, 12:03 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Muller still winless

Canes lose 7-6 ouch. 6 losses in a row...if Anaheim wins, they're in last place. What the hell is wrong with that team. Many here had them locked for a playoff spot(I didn't, but I did think they'd end up around 9th-10th place).

Interesting stats: Carolina has not 1 plus player on their team(though I think it might have changed after tonight).
they should fire their coach

Old
12-07-2011, 12:18 AM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
they should fire their coach

All joking aside. I don't think coaching is what's wrong with that team. Maybe it's just poorly built.

The supporting cast is awful. Anthony Stewart, Tlusty, Ponikarovski...now Kaberle.

It's weird because they have some nice pieces In Staal, Ward, Skinner, Rutuu, Jokinen, Sutter, Pitkanen, Mcbain and Gleason,, but the rest just doesn't compliment it well for some reason. I would love to have some of these guys on Montreal(Skinner and Staal for obvious reasons, but I really like Sutter and Pitkanen as well).

Old
12-07-2011, 12:22 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Muller still winless

Muller is an investment for future years. This was not a Lemaire hiring where they could turn things around. I guess they'd hope it would have done it, but if not, it's a great investment.

Old
12-07-2011, 12:25 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:

All joking aside. I don't think coaching is what's wrong with that team. Maybe it's just poorly built.

The supporting cast is awful. Anthony Stewart, Tlusty, Ponikarovski...now Kaberle.

It's weird because they have some nice pieces In Staal, Ward, Skinner, Rutuu, Jokinen, Sutter, Pitkanen, Mcbain and Gleason,, but the rest just doesn't compliment it well for some reason. I would love to have some of these guys on Montreal(Skinner and Staal for obvious reasons, but I really like Sutter and Pitkanen as well).
nono i agree. huge skinner fan. ****... even my girlfriend is a fan - ok, she became a fan after i showed her video of him figure skating. "seeeee they're not always hitting each other"

i was just parodying habs fans. since i was young enough to be able to read, everything in hab land has always been the coaches fault. like you said, sometimes the problem is more fundamental than just the coach. still, wish muller the best.

Old
12-07-2011, 12:25 AM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

Boston's 15 game winning streak was ended today!

Old
12-07-2011, 01:04 AM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
If the Lucic hit on Miller had never happened this would be a non issue and any penalty called in the game would have been the end of it.. Tootoo was only suspended because of that dumb **** Lucic's stupidity which Shanny knows he made a mistake on by not suspending him after the fact..

Tootoo is just paying the price for what Lucic should have received in the first place and will lose 2 games worth of salary over it.
Yup, that much is clear. Pre-Lucic hit, what Tootoo did would no way in hell warrant a suspension -- it wouldn't even be subject of debate. We see that kinda "hit" for years -- in most cases, a penalty is given. A suspension for that is a complete farce. Sadly that's what the NHL is, a big farce.

Old
12-07-2011, 02:10 PM
gusfring

Krys Barch traded to Panthers. Funny, a team ahead of us needs this type of player, but we don't.

Old
12-07-2011, 02:16 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
Krys Barch traded to Panthers. Funny, a team ahead of us needs this type of player, but we don't.
Meanwhile, over in Dallas:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennrocks View Post
Can we have some kind of party?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hairylikebear View Post
They traded Barch, and got a fifth rounder. Steal of the decade, perhaps?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars99Lobo37 View Post
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Best. Move. Ever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars99Lobo37 View Post
Cause he's awful.

Only reason he's in the line up, outside of injuries, is because "he's a good leader in the room."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Failure View Post
Echoing this sentiment.

He's looked better this year than years past, but he doesn't have the fighting ability NOR the footspeed NOR the offensive prowess to hack it in the NHL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennrocks View Post
Barch is a perpetual loser of fights
Quote:
Originally Posted by secretsquirrel View Post
Christmas has come early.

Old
12-07-2011, 02:20 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Meanwhile, over in Dallas:

Don't even bother. Had we traded for him nittany would have used the following as a back up plan to whine about the habs, for example

1. wasting more assets to fix holes
2. picks up another mediocre player while not getting at the real problem: scoring
3. lol, Gauthier waited until 30 games to fix his 4th line.

He has a backup if they do and a back up if they don't. It's no surprise that after the Pearn firing where they had a little winning streak going that he had two posts on this forum during that span, only returned when they started losing again.

Old
12-07-2011, 02:21 PM
llamateizer

Quote:
Muller still winless

plus the GWG in an EN goal

Old
12-07-2011, 02:22 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Don't even bother. Had we traded for him nittany would have used the following as a back up plan to whine about the habs, for example

2. picks up another mediocre player while not getting at the real problem: scoring
I know - hard not to "whine" about this team... there isn't much to be critical about.

All six Dallas Stars fans don't like Barch? wow.

Old
12-07-2011, 02:23 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
I know - hard not to "whine" about this team... there isn't much to be critical about.
Sure, build another strawman while you're at it.

Old
12-07-2011, 02:26 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

lol nice quick quoting there hototogisu. Didnt even know who that player was, and already see someone complaining we arent involved in all minor trades

Old
12-07-2011, 02:27 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Sure, build another strawman while you're at it.
How intellectual. Excellent.

Old
12-07-2011, 02:27 PM
Andy

Quote:

All six Dallas Stars fans don't like Barch? wow.
You've been whining since july 2006, even when the team finished first. No reason to take any of that whining seriously.

You've been waiting what...7 years to tell people..."see, mediocre"...wow good for you.

Team is playing bad, so what, it's hockey, **** happens. We'll see what happens when the D gets healthy, right now they're not playing so good.

And to keep on topic, what the hell will barch bring? Habs need healthy D and some scoring, Barch does neither of those.

Old
12-07-2011, 02:29 PM
gusfring

Quote:
You've been whining since july 2006, even when the team finished first. No reason to take any of that whining seriously.

You've been waiting what...7 years to tell people..."see, mediocre"...wow good for you.

Team is playing bad, so what, it's hockey, **** happens. We'll see what happens when the D gets healthy, right now they're not playing so good.
We've been a mediocre team for a while now. It's pretty clear, actually. Just sneaking into the playoffs (besides ONE year) makes you a mediocre team.

I know I'm the first to suggest this team needs to get tougher.

Old
12-07-2011, 02:30 PM
Andy

Quote:
We've been a mediocre team for a while now. It's pretty clear, actually. Just sneaking into the playoffs (besides ONE year) makes you a mediocre team.

I know I'm the first to suggest this team needs to get tougher.
The habs didn't sneak into the playoffs last year. They were never in danger of missing the playoffs all year, but don't let that stop you from saying other wise.

Like I said, you've been whining for 7 years...you'll get it right eventually.

Old
12-07-2011, 02:31 PM
gusfring

Quote:

And to keep on topic, what the hell will barch bring? Habs need healthy D and some scoring, Barch does neither of those.
I said a "player like Barch" not him exactly - I wouldn't want you to read the actual post...

A player like him, or Eric Nystrom, or Dale Wiese on the 4th line could change momentum in a game when needed. Instead of having Palushaj or Darche out there.

Old
12-07-2011, 02:33 PM
gusfring

Quote:
The habs didn't sneak into the playoffs last year. They were never in danger of missing the playoffs all year, but don't let that stop you from saying other wise.

Like I said, you've been whining for 7 years...you'll get it right eventually.
They made it by how many points? 3 or 4? That is sneaking into the playoffs.

You've been happy with all management decisions for that long - you'll get it right someday.

Old
12-07-2011, 02:33 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
How intellectual. Excellent.
Just trying to get on your level.

Old
12-07-2011, 02:36 PM
Andy

Quote:
I said a "player like Barch" not him exactly - I wouldn't want you to read the actual post...
Then why are you whining that the habs didn't acquire Barch, if you think the habs need a player like him, but not exactly him.

Quote:
A player like him, or Eric Nystrom, or Dale Wiese on the 4th line could change momentum in a game when needed. Instead of having Palushaj or Darche out there
Didn't Dallas have first pick on the waiver wire anyway?

Also, we had a player who was a pure energy player in Blunded, he's not here anymore so it's pretty clear Martin doesn't want to play that type of player, well I wouldn't even be too sure about that since he doesn't mind playing White.

Doesn't matter anyway, Montreal isn't losing because they have a crappy 4th line. The PP on the other hand...

Old
12-07-2011, 02:38 PM
neofury*

Quote:

He has a backup if they do and a back up if they don't. It's no surprise that after the Pearn firing where they had a little winning streak going that he had two posts on this forum during that span, only returned when they started losing again.
This made me laugh, honestly though why single out nittany? This is like 50% of the people that post here not just nittany.

Old
12-07-2011, 02:38 PM
Andy

Quote:
They made it by how many points? 3 or 4? That is sneaking into the playoffs.

You've been happy with all management decisions for that long - you'll get it right someday.
It's funny because they had the same amount of points as the Sabres, the very same team you blow your load over in regards to the coach, owner and GM.

sneaking in is leapfrogging in the final weeks. The habs never fell out of the playoffs all year last year, in fact they were fighting for 3rd place well into March until Chara took off Pacioretty's head.

But it's ok, you'll just ignore that and call it sneaking it.

Closed Thread