HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part XXIX (All non Habs related news here)

Closed Thread

Old
01-04-2012, 03:31 PM
donghabs98
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
At least Price had awesome numbers going into the game. Reimer is already on a tailspin.

I don't like Reimer or think he is a really good goalie

I hate how toronto fans overrate him

Old
01-04-2012, 03:51 PM
Et le But

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrule22 View Post
With Orr getting put on waivers and Rosehill in the AHL, has anybody else noticed how dramatically Brian Burke has veered from his whole Truculence Model?

Toronto’s forwards now consist of: Lupul, Kessel, Connolly, Kadri, Kulemin, Grabovski, MacArthur, Armstrong, Boyce, Bozak, Lombardi, Steckel Brown, Frattin, and Crabb.

The only “truculence” I see there is Brown and (maybe) Armstrong.

Interesting shift, no?

He made a big mistake on how he started to rebuild that team.
Another team getting less tough, despite the consensus around here that every team in the league except the Habs is in an enforcer arms race.

They still have good size and strength on their defense, but I hardly see truculence.

Old
01-04-2012, 03:55 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrule22 View Post
With Orr getting put on waivers and Rosehill in the AHL, has anybody else noticed how dramatically Brian Burke has veered from his whole Truculence Model?

Toronto’s forwards now consist of: Lupul, Kessel, Connolly, Kadri, Kulemin, Grabovski, MacArthur, Armstrong, Boyce, Bozak, Lombardi, Steckel Brown, Frattin, and Crabb.

The only “truculence” I see there is Brown and (maybe) Armstrong.

Interesting shift, no?

He made a big mistake on how he started to rebuild that team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Another team getting less tough, despite the consensus around here that every team in the league except the Habs is in an enforcer arms race.

They still have good size and strength on their defense, but I hardly see truculence.
That's because you can be a tough team without needing to fight or having guys who's only job is to fight.

Old
01-04-2012, 03:58 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post

I don't like Reimer or think he is a really good goalie

I hate how toronto fans overrate him
My dad was at a wedding in Ontario just prior to the season and this kid was telling my dad Reimer was going to be better than Price in his career etc, that he's a god LOL. My dad told the kid Price was a superstar, Reimer is just some dude the leafs have in goal this week. Funny part is even the kids dad agreed and said Price was much better.

The kid was like 13 or something, obviously he's just a diehard leafs fan.

Old
01-04-2012, 03:59 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
That's because you can be a tough team without needing to fight or having guys who's only job is to fight.
Oh for sure. But according to HF?

Old
01-04-2012, 04:42 PM
Protest the Hero

I think Orr would be pretty useless on this team. The only reason I'd want to see him here is to pummel Thornton and Lucic's faces, but neither of those guys would drop the gloves with him. Lucic learned his lesson before, and I doubt Thornton would risk losing a fight in a Montreal-Boston game.

Old
01-04-2012, 04:55 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
I think Orr would be pretty useless on this team. The only reason I'd want to see him here is to pummel Thornton and Lucic's faces, but neither of those guys would drop the gloves with him. Lucic learned his lesson before, and I doubt Thornton would risk losing a fight in a Montreal-Boston game.
As much as I wouldn't be against seeing the Habs pick up Orr to play once against Boston, I don't think the club can afford such a thing right now. Enough PR issues to begin with.

Old
01-04-2012, 05:06 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
It's funny how people have such a hard time understanding this. You can be a tough team and not have a single enforcer on your roster. You can also be a soft team with an enforcer in your lineup.

Any fan who watches this Habs team and doesn't think it needs more team toughness is delusional.

Old
01-04-2012, 06:15 PM
Stats01

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
It's funny how people have such a hard time understanding this. You can be a tough team and not have a single enforcer on your roster. You can also be a soft team with an enforcer in your lineup.

Any fan who watches this Habs team and doesn't think it needs more team toughness is delusional.
I'm a Leaf fan and I'm roaming around. I do agree with a previous statement that you don't have to have an enforcer to be tough. The Leafs have plenty of players on our team who can fight or stand up for any nonsense, Phaneuf, Brown, Armstrong(although he doesn't fight he can lay you out), Schenn, Aulie. Our forwards may not be the biggest, but our D is huge. Franson is another big boy who can lay the body.

Old
01-05-2012, 10:30 AM
Bryson

I was watching TSN and Tortorella was ripping the refs and the league for their horrible calls at the outdoor winter classic vs philly. I was just thinking WOW finally someone has the balls to call it like it is only to find out seconds later that he was fined $30k OUCH! No wonder JM no never spoke up, I hear child support is expensive.

Old
01-05-2012, 10:33 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
I was watching TSN and Tortorella was ripping the refs and the league for their horrible calls at the outdoor winter classic vs philly. I was just thinking WOW finally someone has the balls to call it like it is only to find out seconds later that he was fined $30k OUCH! No wonder JM no never spoke up, I hear child support is expensive.
That's when you know there's something wrong with this league.
You can give a dirty check to a player, league does nothing, NHLPA 2500$ fine.
Criticize Refs for a poor refereed game, 30K fine.

Pretty obvious to me that when the league wants the make something clear, like not criticizing the refs, they can enforce that easily. 30K fine to a coach is not pocket change.
This league is truly pathetic at times.

Old
01-05-2012, 10:41 AM
Protest the Hero

I think it was hilarious, but if he had just come out and complained about the refereeing he would have been fine. The way he did it though, made Bettman look like a fool, and you know he doesn't like that.

Old
01-05-2012, 10:51 AM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
I think it was hilarious, but if he had just come out and complained about the refereeing he would have been fine. The way he did it though, made Bettman look like a fool, and you know he doesn't like that.
The fact that he brought up NBC was the clincher. The NHL has enough trouble with exposure in the US without Tortorella calling into question the integrity of their main broadcasting partner and in doing so, implying that the one game during the year that actually gets media attention is rigged.

Old
01-05-2012, 12:55 PM
Schooner Guy

So Barch got one game eh? It's been reported that the official heard him ask PK if he slipped on a banana peel. I'd like to know what Barch told PK on the phone the other day regarding being misinterpreted. He's not only racist but he's also full of crap.

Old
01-05-2012, 01:00 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
So Barch got one game eh? It's been reported that the official heard him ask PK if he slipped on a banana peel. I'd like to know what Barch told PK on the phone the other day regarding being misinterpreted. He's not only racist but he's also full of crap.
Only one game? What a disgrace.

Old
01-05-2012, 01:03 PM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

vCash: 50
Quote:
I give him the benefit of the doubt on this. It was a poor choice of words, but I don't think he put the banana and the black guy thing together intentionally. He gets his one game for being dumb.

Old
01-05-2012, 01:06 PM
nilan30

Quote:
Is it racist? I've heard that exact saying between two white guys before. Maybe since Subban is black he should've chosen a different peel?

Old
01-05-2012, 01:11 PM
holyhabs87

The comment isn't racist at all imo. Put it into context. Subban fell immediately....what else should Barch have said? "Did you slip on an orange peel?"

Ref took a huge leap there assuming it was racist.

Old
01-05-2012, 01:13 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Racism is so misclassified these days, people tend to overreact.

Old
01-05-2012, 01:21 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
I give him the benefit of the doubt on this. It was a poor choice of words, but I don't think he put the banana and the black guy thing together intentionally. He gets his one game for being dumb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nilan30 View Post
Is it racist? I've heard that exact saying between two white guys before. Maybe since Subban is black he should've chosen a different peel?
Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhabs87 View Post
The comment isn't racist at all imo. Put it into context. Subban fell immediately....what else should Barch have said? "Did you slip on an orange peel?"

Ref took a huge leap there assuming it was racist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverAlone View Post
Racism is so misclassified these days, people tend to overreact.
I'd love to sell Kool-Aid in your neighbourhoods!

Old
01-05-2012, 01:32 PM
BLONG7

Burkie is whining because Orr can't play anymore? No need for enforcers? GeeZ Burkie, deal with it...the guy must be feeling the pressure of no playoffs again this year, and no contract extension for himself yet...

Old
01-05-2012, 01:35 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
omg that's racist

Old
01-05-2012, 01:45 PM
nilan30

Quote:
Let me ask you this. Why do you feel the comment is racist?

Old
01-05-2012, 02:02 PM
Souvenirs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilan30 View Post
Let me ask you this. Why do you feel the comment is racist?
How isn't it racist? It's like when someone threw a banana at a black player. Racist people often compare black people to monkeys.

Old
01-05-2012, 02:04 PM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souvenirs View Post
How isn't it racist? It's like when someone threw a banana at a black player. Racist people often compare black people to monkeys.
Not to play devils advocate well yes that's exactly what I will do but dont Darwinists or evolutionists compare all mankind to monkeys?

Closed Thread