HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

How I Met Your Mother Part II

Old
11-13-2012, 09:26 AM
RayP
Registered Grouch

vCash: 50
Man this show is weak these days... as many others have said, just would like to see it nicely put to death already.

Marshall was pretty good that episode, but everything else was pretty brutal.

RayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 01:20 PM
Kevin27nyi
#21KO

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietCompany View Post
I thought that was the least funniest episode in a while sadly and the show is starting to slide down the sitcom rank for me. Someone might criticize me for saying this but I think Josh whatever (Ted Moseby) is a weak actor. And the worst thing is that he's not funny, his character attempting to be funny is making lame jokes which they portray as being lame like his architecture basketball jokes.

Don't Trust the B**** in Apt 23 was more enjoyable last night, James Vanderbeek is a terrible actor lol.
Ted used to be a good character, funny and cool, trying to find the right girl. At some point he became a backseat character who is extremely lame.

Kevin27nyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 01:30 PM
Nalens Oga
HeavenOrLasVegas

vCash: 1963
I just read this on the front page of some site:

"Six episodes into what could be HIMYM's final season, the pieces are finally in place to move forward. Were those six episodes wasted? Sadly, I think so. None of the characters are really in a different place than they were before Ted reunited with Victoria, Robin began dating Nick, and Barney proposed to Quinn. Ted is still looking for the one, Robin still has awful luck when it comes to relationships, and Barney is still fighting his feelings for Robin. If this season is it for HIMYM, let's get things moving again."

Imo not moving the plot forward would have been absolutely fine, I mean it's not like it moved much over a 6 episode period in the first few seasons but the problem is that those past episodes were actually funny and entertaining to watch rather than constantly rolling your eyes.

Nalens Oga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 02:07 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

vCash: 500
Quote:
I just read this on the front page of some site:

"Six episodes into what could be HIMYM's final season, the pieces are finally in place to move forward. Were those six episodes wasted? Sadly, I think so. None of the characters are really in a different place than they were before Ted reunited with Victoria, Robin began dating Nick, and Barney proposed to Quinn. Ted is still looking for the one, Robin still has awful luck when it comes to relationships, and Barney is still fighting his feelings for Robin. If this season is it for HIMYM, let's get things moving again."

Imo not moving the plot forward would have been absolutely fine, I mean it's not like it moved much over a 6 episode period in the first few seasons but the problem is that those past episodes were actually funny and entertaining to watch rather than constantly rolling your eyes.
Agreed. I don't mind filler if it's funny and entertaining. But filler disguised as "plot"...not so much.

New Sabres Captain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 04:14 PM
Nalens Oga
HeavenOrLasVegas

Hey look they remove Vanessa and whatever Robin's boyfriend's name was and it turns into a pretty good episode.

Old
11-20-2012, 05:12 PM
Mario Lemieux fan 66

It's pretty clear to me that this show is a one man show lead by Barney. The show is as funny as Barney is. The other characters are just extra IMO.

Mario Lemieux fan 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 09:55 PM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario Lemieux fan 66 View Post
It's pretty clear to me that this show is a one man show lead by Barney. The show is as funny as Barney is. The other characters are just extra IMO.
Marshall's character is fantastic when they aren't doing outrageous things with him. So I disagree, it's a two man show between Barney and Marshall.

SoundwaveIsCharisma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 12:26 PM
Scottyk9
Henrique to Hall..

vCash: 432
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
I still love it...meh

Golden Oldies.

Scottyk9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 07:04 PM
Stamkos Intolerant
Here comes the $$$

Nice Omar Little reference

Stamkos Intolerant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 09:38 PM
Unaffiliated

i thought this one was pretty funny

Unaffiliated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 10:07 PM
Ozz

Mr. Belding: from teacher to judge

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 11:49 PM
Nalens Oga
HeavenOrLasVegas

Not as good as the one before but better than some of the earlier ones in the season. Felt almost like a filler episode even though some stuff happened.

Monday sucks for comedies now. I was looking forward to watching Don't Trust The ***** in Apt 23 cos they moved that to Monday's but it wasn't on so this was the only TV I saw tonight.

Old
11-27-2012, 08:29 AM
irunthepeg
SJQ EPMBOE ‎a

vCash: 69
I love that Brad brought up brunch... that's probably one of my favourite episodes (the original bros doing brunch episode)

irunthepeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 09:58 AM
McSorleyStick
GIJON !

And they have hit a new rock bottom

What a pointless snoozefest

McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 10:11 AM
The Man in White

vCash: 250
Lily comin'! Lily comin'!!

The Man in White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 10:18 AM
RayP
Registered Grouch

I really liked the idea they had for that episode, but it just fell flat for me and I couldn't get into it at all.

RayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 03:15 PM
lucscaps

the parts of bada$$ Lilly where terrible. Wish they showed somemore teenage canadian robin instead. those are great.

Although he's been really weak so far this season it would've been funny to see some young teddy westside also

but they settle for to much screen time of lilly who I feel is the weakest of the 5.

lucscaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 05:22 PM
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue

Is there anyway we can just fast forward to the final 3 episodes?

We've been watching this show from the beginning and I guess we will stick around for the bitter end...... but I hope it comes sooner than later.

Stanley Foobrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 08:06 PM
USC Trojans
Fight On!

at least we get another Robin Sparkles appearance

USC Trojans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 11:27 PM
vecens24

The only funny part of the episode last night was "Lily Comin'!"

Outside of that, it was literally complete and utter trash. May have been the worst episode ever in the series.

vecens24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 02:11 AM
danishh

Quote:
Not as good as the one before but better than some of the earlier ones in the season. Felt almost like a filler episode even though some stuff happened.

Monday sucks for comedies now. I was looking forward to watching Don't Trust The ***** in Apt 23 cos they moved that to Monday's but it wasn't on so this was the only TV I saw tonight.
not comedies, but friday, with grimm, fringe, and CSI NY is now a better TV day than monday imo. I think that says something about what has happened.

I'm not talking about ratings, i'm talking about quality of of programming. Is MNF football scaring off the other networks, or is there a real effort to place the worst programming in the best timeslots to maximize weekly ratings?

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 03:01 AM
ProPAIN
I am the DANGER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vecens24 View Post
The only funny part of the episode last night was "Lily Comin'!"

Outside of that, it was literally complete and utter trash. May have been the worst episode ever in the series.
No, the worst episode was a couple of weeks ago when Marshall was channeling his inner "diva". WTF!

I don't remember the last time I enjoyed a HIMYM episode from start to finish. The creators have the audience by their balls because they all want to know how it ends, but they have to go through this **** before. Surely, they're trolling...

ProPAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 08:55 AM
DBU
Yung Deebz

vCash: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
No, the worst episode was a couple of weeks ago when Marshall was channeling his inner "diva". WTF!
Yeah that one was facepalm-inducing bad. This week's was fine, I didn't mind it, but it feels like it's a lot more filler than anything else lately.

DBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 09:28 AM
ProPAIN
I am the DANGER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Sauce View Post
Yeah that one was facepalm-inducing bad. This week's was fine, I didn't mind it, but it feels like it's a lot more filler than anything else lately.
They could've easily been done with the 'how I met your mother' part and just had a couple of seasons focusing on Ted and the mother's relationship. Quality over quantity and all. Apparently he's going to meet the mother near the end of the show. I'm telling you, these people are just stringing us along and dragging us through this filler ****. I could just not watch it, but it's 20 minutes in the evening and I don't watch too many shows on Monday's.

Already dropped Criminal Minds and The Mentalist this year. Pure boredom. CBS is really screwing with me

ProPAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 01:35 PM
Clock

This is why you need to end comedy series early. The plots just get ridiculous and outlandish.

The sad thing is that the supposed payoff to watching this is what? We see what many consider the lamest character of the show get married? Blah. Just too bad they didn't end it two seasons ago.

Clock is offline   Reply With Quote