HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

How I Met Your Mother Part II

Old
03-26-2013, 07:29 PM
committedindian86
Teuvo Time

vCash: 500
Waste of an episode IMO. Par for the course for this show lately

committedindian86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 07:59 PM
JWells16

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoplait View Post
Only watched through the episodes once. Is there any evidence to guarantee that the mother is not dead in the present and that's why he's saying this story? This is mostly because the whole thing of having 40somthing days more with her.
I'd love it if the mom was just a random one night stand or something like that, while he ended up marrying someone else.

Or I'd hate it. Not sure yet.

JWells16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 09:50 PM
MJG

I'd actually love if they mind ****ed us and there was some crazy story about the mother. Would be hilarious and memorable.

MJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 01:08 AM
Unaffiliated

Quote:
Only watched through the episodes once. Is there any evidence to guarantee that the mother is not dead in the present and that's why he's saying this story? This is mostly because the whole thing of having 40somthing days more with her.
The kids would have to be pretty cold to not really want to know the story very much and constantly be looking for ways out of the story and complaining about the way he tells it.

Unaffiliated is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 09:58 AM
yoplait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unaffiliated View Post
The kids would have to be pretty cold to not really want to know the story very much and constantly be looking for ways out of the story and complaining about the way he tells it.
Ya I definitely thought about that, just didn't think it was enough to completely dismiss the theory.

yoplait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 10:17 AM
Big Poppa Puck
U JUST MADE THE LIST

Quote:
I only watch this show mostly via re-runs and don't make a point to watch it every week but I believe there was one episode where they flash forward to like their 25th college reunion or something and Ted says "Where's my wife" at one point.

It wouldn't surprise if in the series finale they show Ted (Bob Saget) with the mother sitting next him like she was there the whole time he was telling the story.

Big Poppa Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 10:49 AM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 3110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unaffiliated View Post
Quote:
Ya I definitely thought about that, just didn't think it was enough to completely dismiss the theory.
the kids today look nothing like they did back when they filmed the scenes used in current episodes. The daughter looks a lot different. The daughter Lyndsey Fonseca was 17 when she filmed all her scenes that are still being used in the show. I was watching one of the new Nikita episodes and she is barely recognizable.

Spoil:
One of the theories that is going on in a few chat board about the show is that they will have the daughter in fact be the mother..she is 26 now and will be 27 by the time they actually show the mother on the show

I am the KING of Alternative Facts as any hockey fan is
jumptheshark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 02:04 PM
Chibi
Randomness

^ maybe it's me, but that's a little bit creepy yet would be cool at the same time.

Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 04:49 AM
The Lunatic Fridge
why is my name here?

Send a message via AIM to The Lunatic Fridge Send a message via MSN to The Lunatic Fridge
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
the kids today look nothing like they did back when they filmed the scenes used in current episodes. The daughter looks a lot different. The daughter Lyndsey Fonseca was 17 when she filmed all her scenes that are still being used in the show. I was watching one of the new Nikita episodes and she is barely recognizable.

Spoil:
One of the theories that is going on in a few chat board about the show is that they will have the daughter in fact be the mother..she is 26 now and will be 27 by the time they actually show the mother on the show
Spoil:
They've already filmed the entire season by now so her current/future age wouldn't factor regardless. Either way, people aren't THAT stupid and would make it seem like a mockery more than anything. I know i would

The Lunatic Fridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 10:06 AM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTheSide View Post
Spoil:
They've already filmed the entire season by now so her current/future age wouldn't factor regardless. Either way, people aren't THAT stupid and would make it seem like a mockery more than anything. I know i would
Spoil:
I do not think it would make a Mockery of things. People assume that we have already met the Mother. I do not think we have.

Old
03-28-2013, 05:25 PM
silverfish
the basement

I actually really liked that episode, and this show has been falling off for me recently

I feel like this was Ted's true rock bottom...

silverfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 05:31 PM
William Faulkner
A Wizard A True Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
I actually really liked that episode, and this show has been falling off for me recently

I feel like this was Ted's true rock bottom...

I'd love it if each person was secretly a loner and/or insane person who invented every other character in their mind. THAT would be a good twist.

03-28-2013, 05:44 PM
silverfish
the basement

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancelotLink View Post
I'd love it if each person was secretly a loner and/or insane person who invented every other character in their mind. THAT would be a good twist.
Show ends with Marshall, Ted, and Lily sitting in their dorm room holding sandwiches.

"I bet that's what would happen if we moved to New York after graduation."

silverfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 06:43 PM
William Faulkner
A Wizard A True Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Show ends with Marshall, Ted, and Lily sitting in their dorm room holding sandwiches.

"I bet that's what would happen if we moved to New York after graduation."

That would be awesome too!

William Faulkner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 01:21 AM
Power Man
Grrrr

Awful episode

But hey Ill keep watching that show till the end

Power Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 11:49 PM
BlameUtley
When all else fails

vCash: 230
hmmm, heading to Rome?

BlameUtley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 12:00 AM
HanSolo
Incoming Sadness

vCash: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justified View Post
hmmm, heading to Rome?
I hope not. Lily I can do without, but Marshall is essential to me continuing to watch.

HanSolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 12:03 AM
Tapu Debe
Serene Grace

vCash: 464
They won't go to Rome. I don't know for sure but would they really have Ted meet the mother without his best friends in the picture?

This episode was a pretty boring one but IMO it was saved by the tension between Ted and Barney at the end. Barney's words were pretty cold so I expect some sort of confrontation about that in the next three episodes.

Tapu Debe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 03:19 AM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

i own a vespa

Old
04-16-2013, 04:12 AM
Brunomics

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBU View Post
They won't go to Rome. I don't know for sure but would they really have Ted meet the mother without his best friends in the picture?

This episode was a pretty boring one but IMO it was saved by the tension between Ted and Barney at the end. Barney's words were pretty cold so I expect some sort of confrontation about that in the next three episodes.
I thought Barney kind of let Ted off easy. He could have been much worse with what he said.

Brunomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 09:40 AM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Is Hannigan having another child? Because then the Rome thing makes sense to temporarily write her off (though taking Marshall with her sucks, assuming Segel isn't doing a film or something). Otherwise, I really can't see any purpose to it...we know that they are at the wedding from what they've already shown of it, and we know that Ted watches a Star Wars marathon with Marshall in their old apartment in 2015, etc. It might just be a one episode filler--they go to Rome, it goes horribly, they come back, or something stupid like that.

New Sabres Captain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 10:51 AM
ProPAIN
I am the DANGER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
Is Hannigan having another child? Because then the Rome thing makes sense to temporarily write her off (though taking Marshall with her sucks, assuming Segel isn't doing a film or something). Otherwise, I really can't see any purpose to it...we know that they are at the wedding from what they've already shown of it, and we know that Ted watches a Star Wars marathon with Marshall in their old apartment in 2015, etc. It might just be a one episode filler--they go to Rome, it goes horribly, they come back, or something stupid like that.
Wouldn't they be leaving for Rome after Barney and Robin's wedding "in three weeks"?

ProPAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 10:59 AM
Nalens Oga
HeavenOrLasVegas

vCash: 2405
Hmmm I have to think that weird little scene at the end with the last line Barney said is supposed to be some stupid type of foreshadowing. I forgot what the line was exactly but it was something like "you are the coolest right now"

Meaning that she might not be later.

Nalens Oga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 11:50 AM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
Wouldn't they be leaving for Rome after Barney and Robin's wedding "in three weeks"?
I don't think it was specified, but it wouldn't be like the Captain to wait that long. I mean, he even had to be cajoled into giving Lily the whole day to give an answer...when he wants something he wants it immediately.

New Sabres Captain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 12:28 PM
ProPAIN
I am the DANGER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
I don't think it was specified, but it wouldn't be like the Captain to wait that long. I mean, he even had to be cajoled into giving Lily the whole day to give an answer...when he wants something he wants it immediately.
Looking at the episode descriptions, they are getting ready to leave for Rome.

I don't know how they'll manage next season. No Marshall makes this show barely watchable. Only Barney left.

If at the end of this season they just show a scene at the end where he looks at the mother but they don't show her face or any interaction, I'll rage like crazy.

ProPAIN is offline   Reply With Quote