HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

How I Met Your Mother Part II

Old
05-14-2012, 09:12 PM
Amaro out

vCash: 230
Mother****er, I always thought he was ending up at Nora. But if I remember correctly Ted allegedly meets his wife at Barney's Wedding, which was mentioned in the season premiere in which the Bride wants to talk to you.

856 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 10:00 PM
Elever
Hth

vCash: 500
Wtf was that?

Those two episodes seriously lacked funny. And they did move the plot forward but in an extremely lame way. Just leaves it as more confusing.

There's frustrating TV by show creators and then there's this bollocks. These are adults, not some high school drama show where they break up and get together 5 times with 4 different people.

Elever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 10:55 PM
Unaffiliated

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietCompany View Post
There's frustrating TV by show creators and then there's this bollocks. These are adults, not some high school drama show where they break up and get together 5 times with 4 different people.
It seems to me like the target audience for this show is late teens.

If you want decently smart TV, watch Frasier reruns. That's what I do.

Unaffiliated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 10:55 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

"Waitforit" is the coolest middle name ever.

Love Victoria--she really was perfect for Ted, but as mentioned...at this point I don't want to be going with storylines that won't--or can't--go anywhere. But a few Ted/Victoria episodes I wouldn't mind too much. I mean, we pretty much know we're going to have to wait a year to see him meet the mother anyways.

But Barney/Robin...I reallllllly don't want to go back that direction.

Barney/Nora would have been perfect.
Barney/Quinn would be tolerable.
Barney/Robin should never happen.

I hope the "worst wedding day ever" involves them breaking up or something. We all knew it was coming, but damnit Barney/Robin is no Ross/Rachel.

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 10:56 PM
DBU
Never Quit

vCash: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justified View Post
Mother****er, I always thought he was ending up at Nora. But if I remember correctly Ted allegedly meets his wife at Barney's Wedding, which was mentioned in the season premiere in which the Bride wants to talk to you.
The premiere said Ted met the mother at a wedding. It doesn't specify that it's Barney's. And of course they would lead us in that direction.

It can't be Victoria though. Was she in Ted's Econ class in season 5? Was she Rachel Bilson's roommate? There's too much hinging on those facts. I wish it was Victoria but I have severe doubts that it's her.

DBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 10:57 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Sauce View Post
The premiere said Ted met the mother at a wedding. It doesn't specify that it's Barney's. And of course they would lead us in that direction.

It can't be Victoria though. Was she in Ted's Econ class in season 5? Was she Rachel Bilson's roommate? There's too much hinging on those facts. I wish it was Victoria but I have severe doubts that it's her.
He did meet her at a wedding. But you're right. It really can't be her, although it really should.

EDIT: He also was not the Best Man at that wedding.

Last edited by New Sabres Captain: 05-14-2012 at 11:03 PM.
New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 11:01 PM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
I'm hoping it's a really dumb twist where both Robin and Barney are getting married, but not to each other. Don't like them trying to force that down our throats.

SoundwaveIsCharisma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 11:19 PM
vecens24

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundwaveIsCharisma View Post
I'm hoping it's a really dumb twist where both Robin and Barney are getting married, but not to each other. Don't like them trying to force that down our throats.
It's possible, and I think they specifically didn't show Barney there to leave open the possibility. Honestly I'm just not sure that they know where they want to go yet due to the ratings surge that occurred this season, so it's always possible it gets picked up for the 9th season. I'd prefer that it ends after next season, but I'm sure that's why they left that open.

vecens24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 11:33 PM
McSorleyStick
GIJON !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unaffiliated View Post

Frasier is a great show

McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 11:57 PM
awesomo
HARD!

wtf was that

awesomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 12:05 AM
Dr Awesome
Bo "knows" Horvat

The final left me scratching my head not because it was confusing but more of wtf! At least the baby has cool name. Episode could be sum up as lame hat.

Dr Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 12:23 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Sauce View Post

It's not Victoria

Interview with Craig Thomas
http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/05/15/ho...ason-7-finale/

Quote:
Is there anything larger, grander behind the decision to bring Victoria (Ashley Williams) back — or is that just a distraction for Ted for a little while? Can you say much about whether or not she’s going to have much of a role going forward?

In season 8, there will be an arc of Ted with Victoria. To run off with a bride on her wedding day, you’ve taken out a pretty big responsibility. If you’re Ted Mosby in that situation, that is not to be entered into lightly. We will see that Graduate moment. At the end of the The Graduate, we’re like, “What now? What happens? We’re running away from this wedding and what do we do now with this?” Ultimately, we know that Victoria is not the mom. The audience knows that because he met the mom on Barney’s future wedding day. Ted Mosby living his life, moment by moment, doesn’t know that. We look at Ted and Victoria and Victoria coming back around as that last big door that has to close to move on to the mother chapter. I think a lot of people have that. A lot of people — before they really finally settle down, especially as people get older and they feel like it should have happened by now — they go back to somebody from their past.
Barney and Robin getting back together is gonna suck...

IU Hawks fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 04:20 AM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

I will hold out hope for Victoria until the series in finished.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 04:37 AM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
It's not Victoria

gotta agree there

Welcome to Edmonton Connor McDavid--the rest of you HA HA HA HA HA HA
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 06:49 AM
Surstromming

Or maybe it won't! Honestly I'm tired of every single character on this show, I wonder why I watch it.

Surstromming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 07:33 AM
Stories
Hockey scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
It's not Victoria

That whole interview pisses me off. So what we saw is exactly what we're getting. No tricks.

Ugh.

Stories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 08:19 AM
Double-Shift Lassé
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stories View Post
That whole interview pisses me off. So what we saw is exactly what we're getting. No tricks.

Ugh.
Me too.

"Here are some artificial ways we're lengthening the storyline by using characters that have a positive Q rating and imagining (as a poster said above) that it's a high school soap opera and the characters just date one another and hoping the people don't notice that no one is behaving as they should and hoping some people won't notice and others won't care as long as the prospect that we'll introduce the mom at some point still exists."

It's become a JJ Abrams comedy.

Old
05-15-2012, 08:24 AM
Bubba Thudd
Infer-Action!!!

vCash: 7757
Yep, they need to end the show already.

Then they can get on with the spinoff -- "Why I Divorced Your Mother".

Bubba Thudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 08:32 AM
McSorleyStick
GIJON !

Man

I'm starting to dislike this show

McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 08:37 AM
Stories
Hockey scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassé View Post
Me too.

"Here are some artificial ways we're lengthening the storyline by using characters that have a positive Q rating and imagining (as a poster said above) that it's a high school soap opera and the characters just date one another and hoping the people don't notice that no one is behaving as they should and hoping some people won't notice and others won't care as long as the prospect that we'll introduce the mom at some point still exists."

It's become a JJ Abrams comedy.
I really had hoped the wedding would have been this season and we could have had next season to actually see the relationship with Ted and the mother.

Stories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 09:10 AM
Jevo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stories View Post
I really had hoped the wedding would have been this season and we could have had next season to actually see the relationship with Ted and the mother.
I hope that the wedding will be the opener of the next season, but knowing that the bride is Robin and this show, it'll probably be the season closer instead.

Anyway, I actually liked this episode for the laughs, mostly because Barneys shenanigans. I also really liked Barney with Quinn, it seemed to me that he started doing more of the old shenanigans that made him awesome in the first few seasons. Anyway, **** the show for not just letting him marry Quinn and move on with the story.

Jevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 09:14 AM
Clunker

Quote:
Wtf was that?

Those two episodes seriously lacked funny. And they did move the plot forward but in an extremely lame way. Just leaves it as more confusing.

I agree about the second part.. the show got way too drama-esque over the years and also started relying on over the top gags and goofy plot devices instead of creative dialog and strong writing.

However, I actually enjoyed this episode. Aside from the opening scene with Ted's pregnancy Email and Robin and Lily's "I'm Not a farm animal" routine (which was brutal).. the episode actually had some funny lines and moments. Despite still being far from the HIMYM I originally loved, it had some elements that brought me back to the days when the show actually was funny and entertaining. They did kind of ruin it with the Robin reveal as the bride at the end though. The whole Barney/Robin thing reminds me too much of Friends, a show I never liked.. and Barney with Robin doesn't make sense. Like mentioned before, I liked Barney with Quinn cause it seemed like he was back to the old Barney.

Clunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 10:06 AM
Elever
Hth

The problem I've had with this season is that every episode feels like a season finale where they're trying to move the plot forward all of a sudden but at the same time, you don't know much of what will happen out of it. It's gotten quite anticlimatic for me.

And they've overemphasized the relationship aspect of it. Not every episode has to be about love ffs. There are other problems in life. Where's the old stuff like Marshall's car breaking down?

Elever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 10:21 AM
Jevo

Quote:
The problem I've had with this season is that every episode feels like a season finale where they're trying to move the plot forward all of a sudden but at the same time, you don't know much of what will happen out of it. It's gotten quite anticlimatic for me.

And they've overemphasized the relationship aspect of it. Not every episode has to be about love ffs. There are other problems in life. Where's the old stuff like Marshall's car breaking down?
That whole "oh look we are moving the plot in this direction. But wait what's that? A cliffhanger at the end of the episode where we show we actually aren't gonna do that anyway, watch again next week where we'll do the exact same thing again."-stick has gotten quite tiresome.

Jevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 10:45 AM
SK13
V-Triggered

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unaffiliated View Post

The target audience for almost every network show is late teens/early twenties.

SK13 is online now   Reply With Quote