HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Iginla + for Semin +

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-07-2011, 05:20 PM
  #176
The Gnome
Registered User
 
The Gnome's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,049
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishMeatballs1990 View Post
So a first, Holtby, and possibly eakin/Perreault doesn't help the future at all? Potential franchise goalie, first round pick, and eakin/Perreault could be on your 2nd/3rd line right now. Not to mention if you get Semin, you could easily get a first + for him. It's reported that Detroit really likes him. You could probably get a first + Tatar/Jurco/Kindl for him...

This is what I'd be willing to give up and not feel like we overpaid to much:

Semin, Holtby, 1st

Or

Semin, Eakin/Perreault, 1st, 2nd
Like I just said...I think your 2nd offer is fair. But I would rather find a deal where the flames do not have to touch Semin. If this was the only deal out there then I might bite. But bumping from WAS's 1st to COL's is a sure yes from my POV.

Eakin instead of Perreault please.

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 05:21 PM
  #177
caps4cup
Dynasty
 
caps4cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 4,853
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Ok so I'll try make a proposal.


To Flames:

Semin (I get it, Wsh needs to dump salary but they also need to understand he isn't worth as much to a team like Calgary.
Mojo (good looking young player)
WSH 1st
Alzner

Washington:

Iginla
Hannan (can help with the playoff run and fill Alzners spot)
It's proposals like these that are just absolutely ridiculous. Just wanted to point out that this is the proposal I was talking about in my earlier post.

caps4cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 05:22 PM
  #178
Banana Sandwiches
Registered User
 
Banana Sandwiches's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 2,547
vCash: 500
Is this an e5?!

Banana Sandwiches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 05:25 PM
  #179
caps4cup
Dynasty
 
caps4cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 4,853
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
Like I just said...I think your 2nd offer is fair. But I would rather find a deal where the flames do not have to touch Semin. If this was the only deal out there then I might bite. But bumping from WAS's 1st to COL's is a sure yes from my POV.

Eakin instead of Perreault please.
The thing is... Would you pay Eakin, possibly one of Yakupov, Grigorenko, Murray, Forsberg, Dumba, and a 2nd all to upgrade from Semin to Iginla for one year? Especially when you could go after a guy like Parise in FA, who is younger than Iggy, or someone like Hemsky plus another solid forward/Dman. That's really the question to ask. They're not necessarily trading for Iggy, they're upgrading from Semin.

caps4cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 05:28 PM
  #180
The Gnome
Registered User
 
The Gnome's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,049
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishMeatballs1990 View Post
The thing is... Would you pay Eakin, possibly one of Yakupov, Grigorenko, Murray, Forsberg, Dumba, and a 2nd all to upgrade from Semin to Iginla for one year? Especially when you could go after a guy like Parise in FA, who is younger than Iggy, or someone like Hemsky plus another solid forward/Dman. That's really the question to ask. They're not necessarily trading for Iggy, they're upgrading from Semin.
Iggy brings more to the table then just his point totals. He is one of the best fighters and leaders in the league. Leadership is something the caps really need IMO, maybe you think I'm wrong. And you get him for the remainder of this year and all of the next year.

Sorry man, but from all flames fans POV trading the face of our franchise is going to cost a lot. Otherwise it is a media nightmare.

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 05:29 PM
  #181
kovalchuk2kessel
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 27
vCash: 500
I could see something like this

Johansson, Semin, WSH 1st

Iginla, Butler,

kovalchuk2kessel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 05:38 PM
  #182
caps4cup
Dynasty
 
caps4cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 4,853
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
Iggy brings more to the table then just his point totals. He is one of the best fighters and leaders in the league. Leadership is something the caps really need IMO, maybe you think I'm wrong. And you get him for the remainder of this year and all of the next year.

Sorry man, but from all flames fans POV trading the face of our franchise is going to cost a lot. Otherwise it is a media nightmare.
I understand but if I'm GMGM there's no way in hell I'm trading a potential lottery pick to upgrade from Semin to Iginla. That's mortgaging the future.

Imagine...
OV-Backstrom-Brouwer
Forsberg-Kuznetsov-Iginla

I mean to even pass up a chance at that would be dumb. They could probably have that top 6 with the 5th pick, which isn't too far fetched.

I'd do...

Semin, Eakin, 1st, 2nd though

Honestly though, you have to admit that you wouldn't give up a potential lottery pick to upgrade a 35 goal scorer to a 40 goal scorer for 1 year. Regardless if it's Iginla or not.

caps4cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 05:57 PM
  #183
Red Dread
Registered User
 
Red Dread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Maryland
Country: United States
Posts: 407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobBrown4PM View Post
I will continue to say that the Caps will have to pay an absolute premium for Iginla, and so will any other team.

As I stated earlier,

Marcus Johansson
Eakin
Semin
2012 2nd Round Pick

Semin will be nothing more than a rental, and will likely seek free agency or head to the KHL after his contract is up.

Johansson and Eakin will provide the Flames with a potential 1st line centre, and a 2nd or 3rd line Centre, depending on where Backlund grows in to. Having 3 potential great centres on the Flames will allow them to build a solid core and build around that core moving forward.
Top prospect + 40 goal scorer + Great playmaker and future piece to organization + 2nd round pick = Aging star that's past prime? What?

Well, Iginla is still a star and is very physical, and has leadership, but he's not worth all that.

Red Dread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 06:03 PM
  #184
Campoli2Burrows
Registered User
 
Campoli2Burrows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 999
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlansd View Post
If you think Iginla's value is higher than that COL 1st, you're dead wrong and I think 90% of the neutral fans on here would agree.
Count me amongst the 10% of neutral fans. I can't believe how much 1st rounders are overvalued on this site.

Campoli2Burrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 06:24 PM
  #185
Tont
Registered User
 
Tont's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 939
vCash: 366
sanlansd, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about when it comes to Jarome Iginla. None. I'd be surprised to learn you've seen him play a game in the last 5 years. Pretty much everything I've seen you write in regards to him has been dead wrong.

Tont is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 06:44 PM
  #186
BurnEmUp
Registered User
 
BurnEmUp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 685
vCash: 500
To Washington:

Jarome Iginla

To Calgary:

Alexander Semin
Cody Eakin
Dmitry Orlov
2012 2nd (Bruins)

BurnEmUp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 07:11 PM
  #187
WeekendAtBernies
Registered User
 
WeekendAtBernies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotamus View Post
sanlansd, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about when it comes to Jarome Iginla. None. I'd be surprised to learn you've seen him play a game in the last 5 years. Pretty much everything I've seen you write in regards to him has been dead wrong.
So he isn't a power forward? He doesn't rely on speed / size to succeed?

He isn't off to a slow start this year?

You're right... I'm totally wrong about him.


WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 07:46 PM
  #188
tmurfin
So Good! Mony Mony!
 
tmurfin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,021
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlansd View Post
So he isn't a power forward? He doesn't rely on speed / size to succeed?

He isn't off to a slow start this year?

You're right... I'm totally wrong about him.

He's not a powerforward. He hasnt been for a couple years, hes more of a pure sniper, but his passing is top notch as well, sure he'll battle for position and drop the gloves when provoked, but hes not running all over the place throwing hits or getting roughed up in front of the net. He still has glimpses of it, but he has changed his game as hes gotten older.

tmurfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 08:11 PM
  #189
Red Dread
Registered User
 
Red Dread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Maryland
Country: United States
Posts: 407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnEmUp View Post
To Washington:

Jarome Iginla

To Calgary:

Alexander Semin
Cody Eakin
Roman Hamrlik
2012 2nd (Bruins)
DEAL!

Red Dread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 08:28 PM
  #190
BurnEmUp
Registered User
 
BurnEmUp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 685
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsfan12837 View Post
DEAL!
Haaha.

Very sneaky.

BurnEmUp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 08:37 PM
  #191
ColePens
Global Moderator
Old School
 
ColePens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 39,612
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Remember guys - agree to disagree and move on. There will be a lot more discussion going on all year about these two guys.

ColePens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 08:50 PM
  #192
bananaz
Registered User
 
bananaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,063
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishMeatballs1990;40592991
Still can't believe Calgary fans want Semin, col 1st, was 1st, Holtby and/or one of Carlson/alzner/Johansson[/B
... You guys say Semin has no value but I guarantee Calgary fans would demand a high first and top prospect for him. Absolutely ridiculous. No team is going to offer a top 5 pick (col 1st), 35-40 goal scorer (Semin), young top pairing Dman (alzner/Carlson) and a young top 6 center with top line potential (Johansson) like a Calgary fan proposed earlier. Take off your blinders.
No logical Flames fan would be asking for that package. That's ridiculous. But for some to claim that Iginla is worth a low 1st and prospect is unrealistic as well. Penner was traded for 1st + Solid prospect + 2nd and Iginla is worth a hell of a lot more than that even at 7mil.

If im Feaster and im dealing with GMGM, 1st from Colorado + prospect (eakin/orlov) + salary dump is what i would be asking for.

bananaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 09:07 PM
  #193
Capathetic
Registered User
 
Capathetic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,546
vCash: 500
Why would the caps give up a bigger package for Iginla than they were not going to give up for Pronger? Gmgm is not doing Calgarys rebuild for them. The caps can keep thier plethora of prospects and be a top tier team for years to come and the flames can struggle to make the playoffs with Iginla for the next 2-5 years.

My opinion is younger players are tearing up this league these days...and on great contracts. Its not worth the risk for the caps and flames fans dont want junk for their rapidly aging franchise player. The flames have a weak prospect pool and it seems Iggy is the only hope at stocking up.

Capathetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 09:15 PM
  #194
IafrateOvie34
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,658
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobBrown4PM View Post
I will continue to say that the Caps will have to pay an absolute premium for Iginla, and so will any other team.

As I stated earlier,

Marcus Johansson
Eakin
Semin
2012 2nd Round Pick

Semin will be nothing more than a rental, and will likely seek free agency or head to the KHL after his contract is up.


Johansson and Eakin will provide the Flames with a potential 1st line centre, and a 2nd or 3rd line Centre, depending on where Backlund grows in to. Having 3 potential great centres on the Flames will allow them to build a solid core and build around that core moving forward.
I'm surprised so many pages to an Eklund rumor. Yes, we would want him on the Caps, but we're not an Iginla player from the Stanley Cup. We're better off keeping our picks, Eakin, and Johansson. Put Semin on the same line as Ovy and Backstrom and ride it out.

IafrateOvie34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 09:27 PM
  #195
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****
 
NFITO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,903
vCash: 500
Wow... Talk about going in circles...

Flames fan: we want the Col 1st and no interest in Semin...

Caps fan: Col 1st not available, Semin in every deal.

And back to Flames fan: Col 1st, Semin is useless...

And to Caps fans... Semin+, no Col 1st.

Round and round it goes... Why it still goes, nobody knows....

Is it possible to come up with a deal that doesn't involve either Semin or Col 1st? Come up with some options there and maybe this discussion doesn't just go in circles?

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 09:41 PM
  #196
Red Dread
Registered User
 
Red Dread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Maryland
Country: United States
Posts: 407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFITO View Post
Wow... Talk about going in circles...

Flames fan: we want the Col 1st and no interest in Semin...

Caps fan: Col 1st not available, Semin in every deal.

And back to Flames fan: Col 1st, Semin is useless...

And to Caps fans... Semin+, no Col 1st.

Round and round it goes... Why it still goes, nobody knows....

Is it possible to come up with a deal that doesn't involve either Semin or Col 1st? Come up with some options there and maybe this discussion doesn't just go in circles?
Well, BurnEmUp and I have reached ends.

Calgary acquires:
2nd round draft pick (COL/BOS)
Cody Eakin
Alexander Semin
Roman Hamrlik

Washington acquires:
Jarome Iginla

Red Dread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 09:43 PM
  #197
BurnEmUp
Registered User
 
BurnEmUp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 685
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFITO View Post
Wow... Talk about going in circles...

Flames fan: we want the Col 1st and no interest in Semin...

Caps fan: Col 1st not available, Semin in every deal.

And back to Flames fan: Col 1st, Semin is useless...

And to Caps fans... Semin+, no Col 1st.

Round and round it goes... Why it still goes, nobody knows....

Is it possible to come up with a deal that doesn't involve either Semin or Col 1st? Come up with some options there and maybe this discussion doesn't just go in circles?
Not this Flames fan.

I made two proposals in this thread, both involved Semin, and neither involved Colorado's first.

Semin
Johanssen
Washington 1st

for

Iginla

Some Caps fans said they didn't want to do that because it decimated their 2nd line. So I changed it to:

Semin
Eakin
Orlov
Boston 2nd

for Iginla

I think including both Orlov and Eakin gives the Flames better value than just Johansson by himself, so I downgraded the pick from a probable late first to a probable late second.

Caps still have Green (26), Alzner (23) and Carlson (21) as current and future top 4 defensemen to build around. Plus they still have two first round picks in draft that's deep in quality defensemen.

Up front they still have Ovechkin, Backstrom, Iginla, Johansson, Brouwer, and Chimera or Laich as top six forwards.

Thought it was a pretty fair deal.

BurnEmUp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 09:43 PM
  #198
Carlzner
Registered User
 
Carlzner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Boulder, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 11,469
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishMeatballs1990 View Post
I understand but if I'm GMGM there's no way in hell I'm trading a potential lottery pick to upgrade from Semin to Iginla. That's mortgaging the future.

Imagine...
OV-Backstrom-Brouwer
Forsberg-Kuznetsov-Iginla

I mean to even pass up a chance at that would be dumb. They could probably have that top 6 with the 5th pick, which isn't too far fetched.

I'd do...

Semin, Eakin, 1st, 2nd though

Honestly though, you have to admit that you wouldn't give up a potential lottery pick to upgrade a 35 goal scorer to a 40 goal scorer for 1 year. Regardless if it's Iginla or not.


Forsberg?
If you're referring to Filip Forsberg, we wouldn't draft him.
We'd go for either Grigorenko or Galchenyuk, we need a C, because KUZNETSOV IS NOT A CENTER.
It's amazing how many times we have to repeat that to people.

Carlzner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 09:44 PM
  #199
Carlzner
Registered User
 
Carlzner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Boulder, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 11,469
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnEmUp View Post
Not this Flames fan.

I made two proposals in this thread, both involved Semin, and neither involved Colorado's first.

Semin
Johanssen
Washington 1st

for

Iginla

Some Caps fans said they didn't want to do that because it decimated their 2nd line. So I changed it to:

Semin
Eakin
Orlov
Boston 2nd

for Iginla

I think including both Orlov and Eakin gives the Flames better value than just Johansson by himself, so I downgraded the pick from a probable late first to a probable late second.

Caps still have Green (26), Alzner (23) and Carlson (21) as current and future top 4 defensemen to build around. Plus they still have two first round picks in draft that's deep in quality defensemen.

Up front they still have Ovechkin, Backstrom, Iginla, Johansson, Brouwer, and Chimera or Laich as top six forwards.

Thought it was a pretty fair deal.
Dont think Orlov goes.

Semin
Eakin
Was 1st
Boston 2nd
?

Carlzner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 09:45 PM
  #200
BurnEmUp
Registered User
 
BurnEmUp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 685
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsfan12837 View Post
Well, BurnEmUp and I have reached ends.

Calgary acquires:
2nd round draft pick (COL/BOS)
Cody Eakin
Alexander Semin
Roman Hamrlik

Washington acquires:
Jarome Iginla
Haha, naw. You tried to sneak Hamrlik in there instead of Orlov.

No can do my friend.

BurnEmUp is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:05 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.