HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

He's the Wiz, noooobody beats him - Blue Jackets beat Habs in SO

Old
12-06-2011, 11:58 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodson Hoggs View Post
Why didn't we keep Sanford already? He would've been awesome as a backup.
he didn't resign because he wanted a starter job. he would never have gotten that chance here.

good for him

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 11:59 PM
habtastic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
Crapshoot. Cammy and AK could have missed just as easily and we have no one close to Nash's stickhandling talents.
you're right, but they are better shooters than DD and Patches. They COULD have missed, but you go with your best chance IMO. I've generally found JM's choices to be questionable. In any case, not to beat it to death, but is there a reason you would NOT give AK a shot?

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 12:15 AM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB View Post

PS. Did Martin inherit the suit he was wearing tonight from his father, he makes millions and can't buy a decent suit. What a redneck...
Ex-wife wears the expensive clothes. Guy had a brutal settlement, $27k/m sheesh

JLP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 12:17 AM
Poulet Kostopoulos

I'm at lost of words to describe how terrible this team is.

Sad to see Price stuck with this losing team. Winning the Molson trophy every month is no consolation. (It's actually evidence of how stinking pathetic this team is.)

Which Hab deserve to go to the All Stars this year? Basically no one. That's the sign of a bottom feeder team.

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 12:20 AM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
wow that's a lot of spousal support...

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 12:44 AM
kassian

Quote:
That's why marriages shouldn't exist. 27,000$ a month for doing nothing. Gold digging at its finest

kassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 12:45 AM
m00ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
you're right, but they are better shooters than DD and Patches. They COULD have missed, but you go with your best chance IMO. I've generally found JM's choices to be questionable. In any case, not to beat it to death, but is there a reason you would NOT give AK a shot?
No. Like I said it could have been anybody and I'd have just as much faith (or lack thereof) on them scoring. I don't necessarily view AK as our best shot at winning it. Even AK has missed his share.

Hell I would have put in LL for the **** of it.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 12:49 AM
JackZap

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB View Post
wow that's a lot of spousal support...
prenup!

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 01:21 AM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
prenup!
The way to say "I love you...but I don't trust you!"

NotProkofievian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 01:39 AM
MasterD

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
prenup!
Prenups are basically illegal in Quebec... just got married in September, our notary told us there was no way we could let our retirement plans out of it if/when divorce would come in... unless we agree to it THEN. Same thing with the family's house, family's main car, etc.

Then again, I have a good career, but the way we do things now, she has both the higher salary and higher pension plan, so I'm fine

MasterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 02:12 AM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterD View Post
Prenups are basically illegal in Quebec...
Montreal is my favourite city in the world:...to visit.

It's becoming more and more apparent to me that living there, or anywhere in Quebec, is just not an option. Not while I'm working to make a living, or before I'm married etc etc.

I guess the time to live there is when you're a student, or when you're old and living off equity, amirite?

NotProkofievian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 03:06 AM
habsjunkie2*

I fell to sleep before the 3rd. lol

From what I did see though, Weber was bad again, directly responsible for the 2nd goal, getting caught too deep on a play he had no business being so out of position on. AA player who lacks some jam and skill in his own end, you'd think he'd make up with it with some sound positional play, but..

Last edited by habsjunkie2*: 12-07-2011 at 03:15 AM.
habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 03:08 AM
habsjunkie2*

I know the DD thing worked before, but ever hear of too much of a good thing, how does a guy who shoots so little get used in the shootout over proven snipers.

Old
12-07-2011, 03:16 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
I know the DD thing worked before, but ever hear of too much of a good thing, how does a guy who shoots so little get used in the shootout over proven snipers.
on the shootout, more often than not, he scores. has been since last season.

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 03:55 AM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Nothing surprising. A loss after a trip. Move on. We'll crush the Nucks.
Considering Vancouver played maybe 40-50 minutes combined in their last two games and absolutely decimated Calgary and Colorado. Odds aren't high of that theory. We also get Schneider, as Bobby Lu was injured tonight and may be out for a few games.

Frankly, I passed out for half of the game give or take but from what I did see, this may be our worst game over multiple seasons. Columbus was not even particularly good, yet they managed to hold us back with damn ease. Teams have poor showings, however this has become more of a consistency in the last little while. We have no business competing for a playoff spot with an 'effort' like tonight. Martin's system has been figured out by the opposition since our glory run two years ago, the players have given up and we are clinging to mediocrity. Change needs to be made, lest another "five year plan" keeps the cycle going.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 03:58 AM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
on the shootout, more often than not, he scores. has been since last season.
What's the sample here? You go with your best options, period. He is not one of them imo, he isn't a finisher, he's a crafty playmaker, for sure, but finishing is not his best skill, there are better finishers on this team.

Old
12-07-2011, 04:02 AM
WhiskeySeven
Keeps hot stuff hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodson Hoggs View Post
That's why marriages shouldn't exist. 27,000$ a month for doing nothing. Gold digging at its finest
Not really fair to say considering she raised their kids and supported the family domestically. She herself testified that she only needed half of that a month! Hardly gold-digging.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 04:13 AM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
And this is why the system fail. Unbelievable she could be awarded that sum for doing nothing. Prenups are a god send.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 05:00 AM
HabsByTheBay

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that a bunch of 21 year old single guys think Martin's ex-wife is a gold digger, but she was a homemaker living in Roger Neilson's spare cottage on the $10,000 a year Martin got for coaching in the OHL. That's not gold digging. The reason she's getting twice what she asked for is the judge feels JM's job means he may not be receiving regular income so she's entitled to build a savings pot too.

I don't see how anyone can disagree with that considering most of this board wants JM gone.

Also, I am rather impressed that JM saves over two-thirds of his income. If more people acted like that we wouldn't be in a financial crisis.

Last edited by HabsByTheBay: 12-07-2011 at 05:05 AM.
HabsByTheBay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 05:19 AM
optimus2861

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
What can you say? This team plays down to their opponents. 3 years of being a fringe playoff team. Something needs to happen.
Feels like a lot longer than 3. This bunch won't even be a fringe playoff team when April comes around if it can't scrape up a win against the worst team in the NHL

optimus2861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 05:25 AM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsByTheBay View Post
I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that a bunch of 21 year old single guys think Martin's ex-wife is a gold digger, but she was a homemaker living in Roger Neilson's spare cottage on the $10,000 a year Martin got for coaching in the OHL. That's not gold digging. The reason she's getting twice what she asked for is the judge feels JM's job means he may not be receiving regular income so she's entitled to build a savings pot too.

I don't see how anyone can disagree with that considering most of this board wants JM gone.

Also, I am rather impressed that JM saves over two-thirds of his income. If more people acted like that we wouldn't be in a financial crisis.
It's too bad in a few years his money might not be worth the paper it's printed on. lmao.

Old
12-07-2011, 05:54 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
What's the sample here? You go with your best options, period. He is not one of them imo, he isn't a finisher, he's a crafty playmaker, for sure, but finishing is not his best skill, there are better finishers on this team.
How do you know that? He's got a better % than most of the guys here.

I don't know what his % was in the AHL though, so I couldn't really tell you if he's good at them or not.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 05:58 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Something's going on when even a good little soldier like Plekanec seems to have no drive right now. He's usualy not even this bad in the playoffs. You plain don't see him on the ice.

Martin can't do much with this line-up but he could at least do more. Just look at Leblanc, he would have brought more to the dance than staying with checkers on the fourth line. Especially when the team was going nowhere, why not give the kid some icetime so he provide sparks? He was not even used on the overtime. Martin would rather lose than staying away from his principles(like not playing a rookie too much).

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 06:25 AM

Quote:
**** that **** I'm never getting married.

68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 06:37 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Certainly the worst game this team has played all year. I actually laughed when Gionta scored to tie it and said there is no way they deserve to even get a point out of this. Shootout loss was predictable. It seems like there is no one on this team with deking ability in the SO. Eller maybe but everyone else is a shooter. I don't know what the answer is.

I would have liked to see Leblanc play a little more. The team had nothing going and he looked good in the few shifts he got to play.

Tuggy is online now   Reply With Quote