HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

New Moderators!

Old
12-07-2011, 02:14 PM
stlweir

vCash: 500
Welcome, new mods, thank you retired mods. This is an excellent board. Great place to be a Blues fan.

stlweir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 02:24 PM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post
I love the scouting reports. I got a kick out of Atlanta's fan dispersion draft and their comprehensive scouting reports.
Yeah, too bad that thing was kinda of a joke. Having a random draft order means that even though we have one of the least active team boards we had a late pick...

Congrats to the new mods. If you start to get feed up, try visiting some other team boards to see how bad it could be....

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 03:06 PM
CarvinSigX

vCash: 2616
I would have nominated RobbK...but congratulations to our new mods!

CarvinSigX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 03:42 PM
Polaris
Cold as Ice

vCash: 50
Congrats to the two new moderators. Definitely two deserving individuals.

Watch out ex-mods, I think you guys get kidnapped around here when the job is over. When is the last time anybody has heard from Irish Blues or Prussian Blue?

Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 03:51 PM
EastonBlues22
Global Moderator

Irish Blues is over at the Asylum IIRC. P_B still visits HF, but most of his posts are on different boards and around the time of the draft. I think he's mainly affiliated with a smaller Blues forum that's out there somewhere.

EastonBlues22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 03:56 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonBlues22 View Post
Irish Blues is over at the Asylum IIRC. P_B still visits HF, but most of his posts are on different boards and around the time of the draft. I think he's mainly affiliated with a smaller Blues forum that's out there somewhere.
Pretty sure P_B is with Gametime on SB Nation and he is deals more with the prospects side of things.

bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 06:32 PM
STL fan in IA

Yes, P_B runs what I think he calls the Gametime Prospects Dept. Good info on the pipeline. IB can be found over at the asylum.

Upon my retirement, I plan to only be visible angrily responding to Strickland blogs.

STL fan in IA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 09:22 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL fan in IA View Post
Yes, P_B runs what I think he calls the Gametime Prospects Dept. Good info on the pipeline. IB can be found over at the asylum.

Upon my retirement, I plan to only be visible angrily responding to Strickland blogs.
If you're already talking about retirement, you are already retired. I learned that on ESPN, so yeah, you need to get your head in the game.

Old
12-07-2011, 09:58 PM
Mike Liut

Am I allowed to bash a previous mod ?

Last edited by Celtic Note: 12-08-2011 at 12:13 AM. Reason: Lets please not go there.
Mike Liut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 10:05 PM
Use the Schwartz*
****in' eh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Liut View Post
Am I allowed to bash a previous mod ? Does anybody remember when I posted in caps
" _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ is a C_ _ T as a new topic ? He loved to give me infractions for the dumbest MF things.
You don't think that is worth an infraction?

Use the Schwartz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 10:17 PM
Mike Liut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Coleman View Post
You don't think that is worth an infraction?

Sorry, that was my reaction to an infraction.

Old
12-07-2011, 10:29 PM
EastonBlues22
Global Moderator

Is getting an infraction really that big of a deal? I've got one currently (actually, it's the only one I've ever had in 8 years and ~1500 posts) that I didn't think was really deserved, but I thanked the mod (not Walter) for doing his job and immediately forgot about it. The active mods are what make this place much more tolerable than most. I would rather them error on the side of strictness than the side of leniency, as there are plenty of other places out there which are basically free-for-alls if that's what I'm into.

If someone is racking up infractions at an alarming pace, then there's a pretty good chance that it's not all the mod's fault. If the poster can't adapt accordingly, then perhaps another forum might be a better fit for that particular posting style.

Just my 2 cents.

Old
12-07-2011, 10:32 PM
BluesRiver

Quote:
The "c" word is never okay in any context.

BluesRiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 10:33 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Is getting an infraction really that big of a deal? I've got one currently (actually, it's the only one I've ever had in 8 years and ~1500 posts) that I didn't think was really deserved, but I thanked the mod (not Walter) for doing his job and immediately forgot about it. The active mods are what make this place much more tolerable than most. I would rather them error on the side of strictness than the side of leniency, as there are plenty of other places out there which are basically free-for-alls if that's what I'm into.

If someone is racking up infractions at an alarming pace, then there's a pretty good chance that it's not all the mod's fault. If the poster can't adapt accordingly, then perhaps another forum might be a better fit for that particular posting style.

Just my 2 cents.
I feel some mods will give infractions for certain things, but other mods wouldn't for the same thing. But I guess that is just something that you're gonna get with such a big site with as many mods as there are.

Old
12-07-2011, 10:39 PM
EastonBlues22
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
I feel some mods will give infractions for certain things, but other mods wouldn't for the same thing. But I guess that is just something that you're gonna get with such a big site with as many mods as there are.
Yup.

My own infraction came from a Global Mod who was just "passing through" during a game night when none of our own mods were around. I'm quite certain that I wouldn't have been tagged by 2MM for what I was given the infraction for, but I'm not going to complain about it. While he was here, the mod put in a lot of effort to clean up our GDT (I'm sure giving out multiple infractions to some trolls in the process) and basically restore order a bit. He went out of his way to make this place better for us...what's to complain about? For that, I'm incredibly thankful.

Old
12-07-2011, 10:41 PM
Use the Schwartz*
****in' eh

Quote:
oh, LOL. wish I could have seen that, classic.

I find that mods all have a different opinion of what is and what is not allowed. I've been given infractions for somethings, and said worse things that go un noticed. I've had like...5 or 6 infractions since singing up but all for really odd things.

Old
12-07-2011, 10:46 PM
Mike Liut

Quote:
oh, LOL. wish I could have seen that, classic.

I find that mods all have a different opinion of what is and what is not allowed. I've been given infractions for somethings, and said worse things that go un noticed. I've had like...5 or 6 infractions since singing up but all for really odd things.

It was all in caps. It last about 30 mins before he saw it. YOu should have read some of the responses. People were like, oh boy, this isn't going to go over very well, LOL. I was really peed for some reason. I am all for mods, but just don't get too power trippy.

Old
12-07-2011, 10:46 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Yup.

My own infraction came from a Global Mod who was just "passing through" during a game night when none of our own mods were around. I'm quite certain that I wouldn't have been tagged by 2MM for what I was given the infraction for, but I'm not going to complain about it. While he was here, the mod put in a lot of effort to clean up our GDT (I'm sure giving out multiple infractions to some trolls in the process) and basically restore order a bit. He went out of his way to make this place better for us...what's to complain about? For that, I'm incredibly thankful.
Yeah and I do understand that they want to keep it clean, but sometimes a joke is meant as a joke, which is why I typically spend more time on a different site's GDT if I'm not at the game.

For our mods, if there is something that you don't want to see or don't like, just let me know. I don't think anyone wants to cause problems, but sometimes discussions can get heated as we are very set in our opinion and sometimes we like to joke around a bit. Don't want to tell you how to do your job, but I really don't foresee any problems anyway though.

Old
12-07-2011, 10:50 PM
Use the Schwartz*
****in' eh

Quote:
It was all in caps. It last about 30 mins before he saw it. YOu should have read some of the responses. People were like, oh boy, this isn't going to go over very well, LOL. I was really peed for some reason. I am all for mods, but just don't get too power trippy.
Man, that sounds like something else.

Old
12-07-2011, 10:54 PM
Mike Liut

Quote:
Man, that sounds like something else.

I probably shouldn't have done it.

Last edited by Celtic Note: 12-08-2011 at 12:33 AM.
Old
12-07-2011, 10:56 PM
BlueBeard

Easton what in the heck could you get an infraction for? Were you presenting too many well thought out points of view again?? Tsk Tsk!

BlueBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 11:59 PM
EastonBlues22
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBeard View Post
Easton what in the heck could you get an infraction for? Were you presenting too many well thought out points of view again?? Tsk Tsk!
Ironically...

Quote:

16) Playing the Role of Moderator: You're not a moderator so don't correct posters as if you were a moderator. If a thread or post violates the rules, use the "Report This Post" button rather than playing the parent. Editorial comments on the value of a thread or post, such as "useless thread", "in before the lock", "this thread should be closed", etc., are not welcome. This also may be considered spam, as it adds nothing to the discussion, and furthermore as thread hijacking and taking the thread off topic. If you don't like a thread and it doesn't break any rules don't reply to it! More often than not, that causes more problems than it fixes. Let us handle what is ours to handle. If you're interested in becoming a moderator you can send your application to moderators@hfboards.com.

Last edited by Celtic Note: 12-08-2011 at 12:21 AM. Reason: Please refrain from posting messages from others.
Old
12-08-2011, 12:08 AM
DrVanntastic

vCash: 350
I ignore the Blues board for a couple of days and Iowa and Zundo... er um Celtic Note start having delusions of grandeur.

Actually, I think the choices are great. Two excellent posters.

But a warning to Celtic Note... ZaphodBeeblebrox was never the same after he changed his name to WalterSobchak.

I was looking at everyone's join dates while I was reading this thread. Pretty weird to think that I have the third oldest date IIRC. Hard to believe I've been posting here with quality posters for 5 years. Glad to see that lots of new blood has kept this board alive and kicking too.

Last edited by Celtic Note: 12-08-2011 at 01:18 AM. Reason: Pressed the wrong button. oops lol
DrVanntastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 12:10 AM
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound

All the talk of past infractions and past Mods is not a good path to go down.

Lets please not start out on the wrong foot.

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 12:12 AM
Thallis
We suck again!

Send a message via MSN to Thallis
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post
Welcome to both of the new mods.

Thanks to Walter Sobchak for his hard work.

I can tell you guys, there is no upside to being a mod, other than helping to ensure that our team's board doesn't descend into chaos too often.
I tend to disagree. As mods, most posters will give you respect.

Thallis is offline   Reply With Quote