Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The All-Purpose OH MY GOSH THE MTS CENTRE IS LOUD! thread

Old
12-07-2011, 10:54 AM
jetsfan85*

vCash: 500
The All-Purpose OH MY GOSH THE MTS CENTRE IS LOUD! thread

from wpg sun "It looked like he was shot out of a cannon after that face-off. He just grabbed that puck and took off and it was a great play by (Little),” said Jets winger Tanner Glass. “That might be the loudest rink I’ve ever played in, (including) the Stanley Cup finals and everything last year. It’s a small building and when it gets rocking, it gets extremely loud.”

Take a bow fans and imagine how loud it might actually get if the Jets find a way to make the playoffs."

Our atmosphere is just nutty! Cant get it any funner then right here in our own beloved city. 6 wins outta last 7 at home.

Onderji Ondreji repeatedly needs to start getting chants. this guys is a machone back there for Jets team.

jetsfan85* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 11:06 AM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

considering this is from a local media outlet, there may be some bias in this.

However, we are definately among the loudest arenas in the NHL for sure

Puckschmuck* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 11:35 AM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
as they say the best is yet to come

bigplay41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 11:36 AM
Sean Monahan
#boring

vCash: 50
Imagine if the Jets make the playoffs their first season back....

Riots!

Oh wait only in Vancouver....

Had to

Sean Monahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 11:39 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 216
The MTS centrre is just as loud as the Bell Centre... which has been known as the loudest arena in the NHL.

And we do it with 3-4 thousand less people in it.

This place will he HELL for teams for a playoff series.

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 11:47 AM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
all i have to say is 8-4 at home

bigplay41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 11:54 AM
sipowicz
The Original

vCash: 344
Bruins Discover Quickly That Winnipeg Was Worthy of NHL Return With Passionate Show of Support From Fans

http://www.nesn.com/2011/12/bruins-d...ml?rs-img120=0

sipowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 12:06 PM
bazaaa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
Bruins Discover Quickly That Winnipeg Was Worthy of NHL Return With Passionate Show of Support From Fans

http://www.nesn.com/2011/12/bruins-d...ml?rs-img120=0
Nice, thanks.

bazaaa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 12:44 PM
jetsfan85*

Yeah It may have been from wpg sun.. but If you looked at numerous articles from TSN, NHL.COM, Carolina, Columbus .. now boston, everyone is aware of what our arena is like. Teams anticipate to come here, ala Philly. Breire was pumped he seen highlights from tsn and he was excited to come play in front of our crowd.

When other fans complain about WINNIPEG fans.. thats agood thing. It means we are loud and on the oppoents cases. Thats how you make it a tough barn. Make it HELL for teams. Cant wait for our next game faithful we are closing in on a playoff seed !!

jetsfan85* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 12:51 PM
Rsyl84

vCash: 894
Have they ever used a Decibel meter to see how loud it truly is? I would be curious as I haven't been able to make a game yet.

Rsyl84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 12:57 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 216
it's like turning your amplifier to 11

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 01:31 PM
bicycles

I think the new barn needs a nickname... Portage Palace? the Palace on Portage? a play on Portage Place, obviously...

bicycles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 01:35 PM
blues10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicycles View Post
I think the new barn needs a nickname... Portage Palace? the Palace on Portage? a play on Portage Place, obviously...
Aren't the nicknames the "phone booth" and "hangar"?

I am sure that there is room for many more.

blues10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 01:36 PM
Wardo8551

First time poster here! Hey everyone!

Just wanted to say that I was really glad to see the MTSC back and rockin' last game. It was nuts! I have half seasons and was at the Devils game and the atmosphere was not it's usual self... But watching last night's game on TV, you could tell... that building was intense.

Quote:
The Hangar? The Phone Booth?

Wardo8551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 01:41 PM
Prot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardo8551 View Post
First time poster here! Hey everyone!

Just wanted to say that I was really glad to see the MTSC back and rockin' last game. It was nuts! I have half seasons and was at the Devils game and the atmosphere was not it's usual self... But watching last night's game on TV, you could tell... that building was intense.

The Hangar? The Phone Booth?
See this goes back to my 'half season' theory. I will be watching closely on Friday (I have 'odd numbered' games, so I don't have Friday's game.)

And I am really hoping those fans keep it up. The bar has been raised yet again.... Let's keep it there.

Prot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 01:43 PM
Chief Ten Bears*
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan85 View Post
Yeah It may have been from wpg sun.. but If you looked at numerous articles from TSN, NHL.COM, Carolina, Columbus .. now boston, everyone is aware of what our arena is like. Teams anticipate to come here, ala Philly. Breire was pumped he seen highlights from tsn and he was excited to come play in front of our crowd.

When other fans complain about WINNIPEG fans.. thats agood thing. It means we are loud and on the oppoents cases. Thats how you make it a tough barn. Make it HELL for teams. Cant wait for our next game faithful we are closing in on a playoff seed !!
And these complaining fans aren't even in the buidling... They are at home, in a different country, on their couch with their chips and soda, watching it on TV, and then getting up, going to the computer, logging in, and posting about how upsetting a real Winnipeg hockey crowd is to them...

If we can make some random guy in Boston or whatever go through all that, then hats off to us.

Remember, a whole generation thinks we just started this stuff. We were booing, chanting goalie names, and screaming Go Jets Go for like 30 years...

Chief Ten Bears* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 02:11 PM
GrandChelems

Quote:
It's right there in your statament ... the "barn". Almost everyone over 28 calls it that, as a throwback to the old arena. Almost everyone over that age in the rural prairies refers to their home rink as "the barn".

GrandChelems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 02:12 PM
castle
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prot View Post
See this goes back to my 'half season' theory. I will be watching closely on Friday (I have 'odd numbered' games, so I don't have Friday's game.)

And I am really hoping those fans keep it up. The bar has been raised yet again.... Let's keep it there.
how many half season tickets are out there?

castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 02:22 PM
Prot

I honestly couldn't tell you.

It's just a theory.... But I have never been to a less than 'loud' game. I know the people around me now. I recognize now when someone has given a seat away.....

It just doesn't make any sense to me otherwise.

I can tell you in P7 and P6 there are a lot of official 'half seasons' and beyond that there are 'unofficial' half seasons in lower areas.

I'm not trying to taunt the 'other' half season people. I just want them to step it up.

Prot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 02:22 PM
dpenner

at least nickname portage avenue the Runway or something

dpenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 02:53 PM
Reed Solomon
GO ✈'s GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpenner View Post
at least nickname portage avenue the Runway or something
no.

no.

maybe graham ave if you must.

Reed Solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 02:53 PM
KingJet*
Welcome Back

Quote:
The Empty S , just kidding but I like the Phone Booth or The Jet Hanger, or the launchpad

But yeah that building is pretty loud, I just wonder when they did build the phone booth that it was bigger, saw 2 games, so sick.

KingJet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 04:06 PM
Guardian17
Strong & Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Ten Bears View Post
And these complaining fans aren't even in the buidling... They are at home, in a different country, on their couch with their chips and soda, watching it on TV, and then getting up, going to the computer, logging in, and posting about how upsetting a real Winnipeg hockey crowd is to them...

If we can make some random guy in Boston or whatever go through all that, then hats off to us.

Remember, a whole generation thinks we just started this stuff. We were booing, chanting goalie names, and screaming Go Jets Go for like 30 years...
I agree!

Guardian17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 04:32 PM
WPGNYRFan

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan85 View Post
from wpg sun "It looked like he was shot out of a cannon after that face-off. He just grabbed that puck and took off and it was a great play by (Little),” said Jets winger Tanner Glass. “That might be the loudest rink I’ve ever played in, (including) the Stanley Cup finals and everything last year. It’s a small building and when it gets rocking, it gets extremely loud.”

Take a bow fans and imagine how loud it might actually get if the Jets find a way to make the playoffs."

Our atmosphere is just nutty! Cant get it any funner then right here in our own beloved city. 6 wins outta last 7 at home.

Onderji Ondreji repeatedly needs to start getting chants. this guys is a machone back there for Jets team.
I tried to get an Ondrej chant going a couple of times but it didn't catch. I'll try it again next game! At least he gets the biggest cheer during the intros!

WPGNYRFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 04:46 PM
hoowaa

Been to the majority of the games - section 321.

The NJD saturday night game had the highest/best girl:guy ratio by a huge margin.

There were a tons of new faces and cleavage t-shirts all over the place and they were in groups; not with a man in tow.

I will suggest that the ladies were waiting for the crowd to get into it, and the men were pre-occupied.

Contrast that night to last night, where it was once again an unadulterated sausage fest save for the girlfriend variety tag-along.

hoowaa is offline   Reply With Quote