The All-Purpose OH MY GOSH THE MTS CENTRE IS LOUD! thread

Old
12-14-2011, 11:20 AM
Jet
Big Ben

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
^^^ Loudest on TV buddy. [mod...]. What you hear on TV and what it actually is is completely different, unfortunately.

It was. Not sure if it was the loudest game but it was the loudest on TV since the home opener. I wish they would turn the mics up for the Jets games to the point where you can barely here the announcers. It would be so much more exciting and make you feel like you were there.
I too thought it was one of the loudest games on TV to date... The GO JETS GO chants were amazing!

12-14-2011, 11:32 AM
Hank Chinaski

I also believe this game was up there as one of the loudest. The first pre-season game probably had a louder 'din' overall. But the 'Go Jets Go' chants were incredibly loud, and the place was absolutely roaring in the final minute.

Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 11:35 AM
Prot

vCash: 500
For sure TV is different.

That's why I was kind of confused when people said Boston didn't sound that loud and I almost popped an ear drum on that one.

Of course I have to admit I may be biased now too. I expect it to be super loud, all the time. Which isn't a fair expectation.

I am fortunate enough to be in a section that is nearly non-stop but we have this guy who hates the cheering and he texts the arena non-stop (especially last night).

We had security up 2-3 times. Of course they can't do anything, because people are just cheering or chanting the goalie or what not. How do you kick people out for that?

I wish some of those people would just sell their tickets off, go home, turn on the AM radio, knit some socks and enjoy the game.

It's only going to get louder as more and more fans are comfortable with the chants etc.

Prot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 01:22 PM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

I've been to all but 2 games this year, and this game was up there as far as I'm concerned. Not loudest but could've been top 4. I think fans are really making an effort of late to get loud and disrupt the opposition.

wpgsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 03:56 PM
Bruins4Lifer
HFBoards Sponsor

I was only at the Bruins game so I don't have another reference to compare to but I was really impressed by how loud you Jets fans were. After Little put you guys up 2-1 in the 3rd it was deafening in there.

Bruins4Lifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 06:10 PM
jetsfan85*

Every night 'The Hangar' (MTSC) proves to be the loudest players have ever heard!

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2011/12/1...rs-breath-away

Cant wait Selanne to get a ear drumming standing O

jetsfan85* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 06:13 PM
razorsedge
West Town Sports

Look forward to being among those giving him a standing O!

razorsedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 06:14 PM
jetsfan85*

Like I thought this game was one of the loudest. As I said before the DM meter doesnt do justice if its up in the rafters. it has to be ICE level. We got Players saying they never even heard a crowd this loud, players being in the SCF and they havent heard it that loud!

The energy is so loud that have you guys noticed our players do jumps like world junior players playing for Canada? They get caught up in our bedlam they even go insane when we score lol.

The noise will never go away cause; the new genertaion has tooken over. We believe in every game, every game has a meaning, we want playoffs, we want to win!

Old
12-14-2011, 06:16 PM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

Perhaps we should chill out on the patting ourselves on the back...

Old
12-14-2011, 06:19 PM
jetsfan85*

Why? We should be proud, and we will keep bringing our A game. Are you a golf clapper? Sorry but us real fans that are bringing it every night love to see our players feeding off the energy.

Will keep it coming every single home game.

Old
12-14-2011, 06:33 PM
PaperRockChamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgsilver View Post
Perhaps we should chill out on the patting ourselves on the back...
Agree 100%

It is what it is.. Be proud.. Let's do our thing in the "Hangar".. but no need for a new thread every few days.. Seriously, who, as a hockey fan in Winnipeg is really surprised by all of this?

GO JETS GO!!

PaperRockChamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 06:34 PM
PaperRockChamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan85 View Post
Why? We should be proud, and we will keep bringing our A game. Are you a golf clapper? Sorry but us real fans that are bringing it every night love to see our players feeding off the energy.

Will keep it coming every single home game.
RRRAAAGGGE

He didn't say stop bringing your "A" game..

PaperRockChamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 06:47 PM
Concordski
Knockoff Jets FTW

You need a "Dog Pound"

Concordski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 06:48 PM
Prot

I'd rather have a thread about getting the lower bowl going.

I don't mind that we have threads that point out when we are loud. I know how we are... if there were articles about us being quiet, you can bet someone would post that too.

I think it's important to recognize it. Not perhaps... pat your back, but simply recognize it. It's the result of fans really giving it their all, and it was NOT always like this. Also, it may not always BE like this. I can only hope, and I will continue to try.

To those saying it sounds loud, but they show someone in row 2 and they're not even clapping. Well this is where I think 'they' screwed up.

The organization let luxury box owner's get dibs on floor seats. To my knowledge almost all box owners took the maximum they could.

The result? Now you have people that are going because they can. For free. Or they hope to see what everyone is talking about. Or they're just there because they can be. I know this for a fact.

So you end up with a somewhat lethargic crowd in those sections sometimes. But it is not the reality of the arena as a whole.

I really want to get that lower bowl going though. The section I'm in is extremely loud... but it really takes everyone.

I mentioned the doofus who calls security on the crowd in my section. Ridiculous.

So this will also be a season of transition. I hope those people (not that I have anything against them) give up their tickets. They'd be better off doing some macaroni art, and listing to the radio play by play at home. Although some I'm sure will keep seats just because it's 'cool' right now.

Old
12-14-2011, 06:55 PM
Navin RJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan85 View Post
http://www.winnipegsun.com/2011/12/1...rs-breath-away

Cant wait Selanne to get a ear drumming standing O
I preffer "the phone booth" over "the hanger" go jets!

Navin RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 10:31 PM
Tom ServoMST3K
HF anti-tank squad

vCash: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frustrated View Post
Workplace Health and saftery classifies anything over 80 decibals as mandatory hearing protection. Workplaces had to institute this. So if the decibal level is indeed over 100, how come the players are not required to wear ear plugs? Just a question??
thats for 8 hours

Tom ServoMST3K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 10:56 PM
Reed Solomon
GO ✈'s GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psych Grad View Post
I preffer "the phone booth" over "the hanger" go jets!
I hate both, but I hate hanger slightly less. Phone booth? Honestly. Find a phone booth in this city. An actual phone booth. Why not just call it the pony express headquarters.

Reed Solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 11:03 PM
Hammer Slammer
Tayler Mayors

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Just a tip for anyone wanting to make signs.

Hangar = aircraft storage

Hanger = something you hang clothes on

12-14-2011, 11:10 PM
bigplay41*
BIG MEECH

Send a message via AIM to bigplay41*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prot View Post
I'd rather have a thread about getting the lower bowl going.

I don't mind that we have threads that point out when we are loud. I know how we are... if there were articles about us being quiet, you can bet someone would post that too.

I think it's important to recognize it. Not perhaps... pat your back, but simply recognize it. It's the result of fans really giving it their all, and it was NOT always like this. Also, it may not always BE like this. I can only hope, and I will continue to try.

To those saying it sounds loud, but they show someone in row 2 and they're not even clapping. Well this is where I think 'they' screwed up.

The organization let luxury box owner's get dibs on floor seats. To my knowledge almost all box owners took the maximum they could.

The result? Now you have people that are going because they can. For free. Or they hope to see what everyone is talking about. Or they're just there because they can be. I know this for a fact.

So you end up with a somewhat lethargic crowd in those sections sometimes. But it is not the reality of the arena as a whole.

I really want to get that lower bowl going though. The section I'm in is extremely loud... but it really takes everyone.

I mentioned the doofus who calls security on the crowd in my section. Ridiculous.

So this will also be a season of transition. I hope those people (not that I have anything against them) give up their tickets. They'd be better off doing some macaroni art, and listing to the radio play by play at home. Although some I'm sure will keep seats just because it's 'cool' right now.

watch out i have tried to many times and got plenty of dirty looks for being too loud

bigplay41* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 12:42 AM
devin1487

Quote:
-- Yeo accused MTS Centre of pumping noise into the building, saying they're not the only ones. With a big laugh, "Nobody is cheering, and the whole place is like, 'Rahhhhhhhhh.' It was a little excessive."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/135583408.html

devin1487 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 01:09 AM
Concordski
Knockoff Jets FTW

Sore loser alert...

Concordski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 01:56 AM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigplay41 View Post
watch out i have tried to many times and got plenty of dirty looks for being too loud
What section were you in?

Old
12-15-2011, 05:29 AM
bigplay41*
BIG MEECH

Send a message via AIM to bigplay41*
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgsilver View Post
What section were you in?
sec 105

bigplay41* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 07:29 AM
Prot

To heck with them. You're in the majority. It's like I said about the corporate seats, but don't worry they can 'glare' all they want.

I'm in 312 and even up there I have a pair of guys that 'glare'. Like I said, I just give them the thumbs up and get back to making noise.

I said it before and I meant it... aside from the corporate seats it will be a season of transition. I bet a lot of people that want to curl up to a crossword puzzle, some hot tea, and have the game on quietly in the background will be giving up some tickets.

Heck you never know they may even come around. Some people in my area started the year very quiet, and they may not actually initiate anything but they get right into it now.

Old
12-15-2011, 11:25 AM
Navin RJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed Solomon View Post
I hate both, but I hate hanger slightly less. Phone booth? Honestly. Find a phone booth in this city. An actual phone booth. Why not just call it the pony express headquarters.
u don't get the refference?

Last edited by Jet: 12-15-2011 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Potshots are not necessary.
Navin RJ is offline   Reply With Quote