HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mark Fistric Suspended 3 games

Old
12-07-2011, 12:08 PM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 234
Mark Fistric Suspended 3 games

Heres the link to the ShanaBAN video:

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...d=60&id=140502

Which I just read on twitter makes him eligible to return just in time for the game at the NVMC!

Last edited by Homeland Security: 12-07-2011 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Added prefix
Bunk Moreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 12:09 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

vCash: 500
good deserved it. Back for game against Isles I think. ****ing ******* refs blew that one. That one dinglebury ref is looking right at it. What the **** is he watching?

Last edited by IslesFanatic: 12-07-2011 at 12:15 PM.
IslesFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 12:13 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
#beLIeve

Good call Shanahan!

12-07-2011, 12:15 PM
Doug Height
Okposwag

Shanabanned!

Doug Height is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 12:16 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

As expected, 3 games. It still does not end this IMO.

For the fragile psyche of this team, someone needs to pay back Fistric. As the emotion has subsided a bit for me, I just want someone to drop the gloves with him and try to pound him into oblivion. I'm not asking for another Pittsburgh game (I let the emotion get the best of me that night), but I am asking for someone to grow a pair (other than Martin) and run the guy.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 12:25 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
He absolutely deserved it. I don't even know how this hit was even debatable. He obviously jumped into the hit, making sure the hit would be high on a crouched player. Dallas fans can pass pictures around of his skates near the ice at the time of impact all they want. The player quite clearly was thrusting his legs into the ice looking to jump into the hit. Completely unnecessary. I wish Nino a quick and speedy recovery. He is one of my favorite up and coming players in the NHL.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 12:30 PM
scott99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
He absolutely deserved it. I don't even know how this hit was even debatable. He obviously jumped into the hit, making sure the hit would be high on a crouched player. Dallas fans can pass pictures around of his skates near the ice at the time of impact all they want. The player quite clearly was thrusting his legs into the ice looking to jump into the hit. Completely unnecessary. I wish Nino a quick and speedy recovery. He is one of my favorite up and coming players in the NHL.
Telos, thanks, a very classy post. It's nice to see fans of other teams come by showing they can actually tell the difference between illegal hits and clean hits. Obviously the NHL agreed with your assesments as well.

scott99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 12:31 PM
JeffNYI

And since the NHL Network isn't endlessly looping the hit along with videos of the Stars bench laughing at Nino and our team .. I don't really think a Pittsburgh-style message needs to be sent..

At first when I saw there was a re-match at home, I thought that Snow and Capuano should call up Gillies and have him in the line-up with both Haley and Martin to put an ass kicking on the Stars - regardless of whether it meant we won the game 9-3 or lost it 9-3..

But the Penguins and Stars situations are completely different.. and this time the league did something about it rather than shrugging their shoulders at our hurt player..

While it'd be fun to put a hurt on as many Dallas players as possible to avenge Nino I think the Stars game should be business as usual with Haley or Martin going straight up against Fistric early in the first period, then let the game unfold as it should..

JeffNYI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 12:33 PM
scott99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin De Haan Job View Post
Heres the link to the ShanaBAN video:

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...d=60&id=140502

Which I just read on twitter makes him eligible to return just in time for the game at the NVMC!
Awesome !! Now all of those Ranger's fans, and other haters can kiss my........We've been vindicated. Now I hope someone beats the leaving daylights out of Fistric on 12/15. Can't wait to watch.

scott99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 12:35 PM
JetsMetsIsles

How much money you want to bet Haley gets the start next time we play them.

JetsMetsIsles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 12:48 PM
NineHoleGoal

Thank you Mr. Shanahan!

And for the haters and naysayers, please note that Mr. Shanahan assigns 0 (zero) blame to Nino for this hit. He never says that Nino had his head down. As a matter of fact, he says that Nino saw Fistric coming and dumped the puck. Nino was in a crouched position due to his body posture as he skated hard through the neutral zone.

Hitting Nino is Fistric's job as a dman, but hitting him illegally and taking advantage of Nino's body posture and causing an injury is Fistric's crime. He left his feet, he charged, he caused an injury. 3 game suspension, end of story.

See you in a couple weeks Fistric.

NineHoleGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 01:07 PM
RealSturat

Am I glad he was suspended for the illegal hit. YES. It is about time the NHL did not look the other way when it comes to the Isles.

But I am still FUMING that the on-ice officials continue to have ZERO clue. How was that not a major penalty with the ref having an close, unobstructed view of the entire play??!!

I have seen these refs call a hook from 150 feet away, and these dumbasses could not get it right during the game almost being on top of the play. Add that the Islanders would up being shorthanded after this and I am still PISSED about it.

He deserved the ban, go the ban. But his punishment does not effect the Islanders at all, especially when the in-game punishment was not assessed.

RealSturat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 01:09 PM
Hershey Hockey
#AskNeal

December 15's game just got a little more interesting.

Hershey Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 01:11 PM
KingLio21093
Casey Zeeky

Good to hear! He deserved it. That hit was disgusting.

KingLio21093 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 01:12 PM
NineHoleGoal

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSturat View Post
Am I glad he was suspended for the illegal hit. YES. It is about time the NHL did not look the other way when it comes to the Isles.

But I am still FUMING that the on-ice officials continue to have ZERO clue. How was that not a major penalty with the ref having an close, unobstructed view of the entire play??!!

I have seen these refs call a hook from 150 feet away, and these dumbasses could not get it right during the game almost being on top of the play. Add that the Islanders would up being shorthanded after this and I am still PISSED about it.

He deserved the ban, go the ban. But his punishment does not effect the Islanders at all, especially when the in-game punishment was not assessed.

Take consolation in the fact that the Islanders won that game. They beat Dallas in Dallas...that must have stung them a bit.

NineHoleGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 01:43 PM
88th Precinct
Pitchfork Acquired

Thank you, Shanahan.

I hope the Stars' board feels both hypocritical (for the Vincour hit) and put in their place.

No Pittsburgh-level alley-whipping, but I won't be happy unless they skate away dejected with their heads down on the fifteenth.

88th Precinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 01:47 PM
JKP

Left his feet. I agree. I still think he led with an elbow as well, but I'll take the 3 because it's more than Shanny's predecessor would have doled out.

JKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 01:59 PM
RealSturat

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineHoleGoal View Post
Take consolation in the fact that the Islanders won that game. They beat Dallas in Dallas...that must have stung them a bit.
True. Just still amazed by it..that being said....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKP View Post
Left his feet. I agree. I still think he led with an elbow as well, but I'll take the 3 because it's more than Shanny's predecessor would have doled out.
I believe he got the 3rd game because of the lack of the call during the game. If he had gotten the 5 min major + game misconduct I think he only gets 2.

RealSturat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 02:10 PM
OpAck

Nothing out of the ordinary will happen when the Isles play the Stars. One of the guys might try to fight him...but that'll be the extent of it.

It would only be a problem had the Stars bench been laughing hysterically at the Isles as it happened.

OpAck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 02:16 PM
td_ice
Peter shows the way

Well deserved suspension. Hope Nino is OK.

td_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 02:30 PM
Steve55

I was worried that Fistric might get away because he hit an Islander. I thank Brendan for his decision to suspend Fistric for 3 games. He hasn't done this job for even a year and is astronomically better than Colin Campbell.

Steve55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 02:36 PM
Steve55

I was worried that Fistric might get away with hitting Nino since he was an Islander. Kudos to Brendan Shanahan for the 3 game suspension. He is astronically better than Campbell despite being only in the job for less than a year.

Repeat post. Please delete

Steve55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 03:45 PM
CodeE

Another consistent call from Shanahan. No complaints here.

CodeE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 03:53 PM
StrongIslanders90

Thank god!!! Everyone was saying it was a CLEAN hit........They were being very ignorant....It was 100% dirty.....

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 03:56 PM
Hipietro

This is actually more than I expected. Shanaban is really cracking down on these hits.

And of course Dallas fans are

Hipietro is offline   Reply With Quote