HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

More PT for Rosehill and Orr

Old
01-01-2012, 06:54 PM
somecut*

vCash: 500
More PT for Rosehill and Orr

Something has to be done to shake up the team, and short of a trade or callup, these guys and the toughness and "truculence" they bring could be what we need to put a shock in the team.

somecut* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 06:58 PM
Darcy Tucker

I honestly have not minded them in the games they played. They skate hard on the forecheck and lay big hits. They take the heat off any other toughish player on the roster to fight. I think there is only room for one of them tho and Rosehill deserves the nod because of his lack of a concussion problem.

Darcy Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 07:03 PM
somecut*

Yeah you dont notice them making great plays or terrible plays, which is I guess is what you want from your enforcer types. And of course, the winning the occasional fight.

Old
01-01-2012, 07:35 PM
LeafsFan2342
#CallupColborne

They win fights and when they play they are off the ice a lot which gives the Kessel/Lupul line more ice time which is a very good thing plus they win fights and are physical

LeafsFan2342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 07:37 PM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

is this confirmed with link?

which twitter is this?

ForSpareParts* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 07:39 PM
KuleminFan41

Quote:
Originally Posted by agreement View Post
is this confirmed with link?

which twitter is this?
...Its a suggestion not a confirmation of anything from what I believe

KuleminFan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 09:00 PM
Duffman955

I have to agree. They play physical and give the rest of the team confidence to play physical because they know they are being backed up by a heavyweight.

I think phaneuf and schenn as well as many other players are holding back physically because they are afraid of a confrontation with a heavyweight. ORR/Rosehill would fix this problem.

Duffman955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 09:09 PM
Captain Clutch 13

I feel the same way until I see Orr or Rosehill attempt to make a routine passing play, clearing attempt or have any kind of defensive awareness and then I realize why I dont mind them not being in the lineup. An effective 4th line is tough but is still solid defensively and get chip in goals, we cant seem to find a balance between the two, we are either tough but lack hockey IQ or have decent hockey IQ with no toughness. Its up to Burke to bring the right guys in.

Captain Clutch 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 09:31 PM
Nyax

Quote:
Originally Posted by somecut View Post
Something has to be done to shake up the team, and short of a trade or callup, these guys and the toughness and "truculence" they bring could be what we need to put a shock in the team.
Putting two stiffs in the lineup? Really? This is your solution to making the leafs a better team?

Nyax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 09:36 PM
beauchamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Clutch 13 View Post
I feel the same way until I see Orr or Rosehill attempt to make a routine passing play, clearing attempt or have any kind of defensive awareness and then I realize why I dont mind them not being in the lineup. An effective 4th line is tough but is still solid defensively and get chip in goals, we cant seem to find a balance between the two, we are either tough but lack hockey IQ or have decent hockey IQ with no toughness. Its up to Burke to bring the right guys in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyax View Post
Putting two stiffs in the lineup? Really? This is your solution to making the leafs a better team?
Finally, two realists.

You know things are really bad when you count on more playing time for Orr and Rosehill to shake things up.

Someone is looking for more , , or even , not more wins.

beauchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 09:42 PM
smitty10

I'd much rather see Holzer get in and have one of Aulie, Schenn or Gardiner in the press box for a couple games. Put in a solid player to shake things up, not two plugs.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 09:58 PM
shaner89

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
I'd much rather see Holzer get in and have one of Aulie, Schenn or Gardiner in the press box for a couple games. Put in a solid player to shake things up, not two plugs.
THIS THIS THIS

shaner89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 10:10 PM
JAMmer124
Independent Living

We need Brown back, he's the combination of a Boyce/Crabb and a Rosehill. Speed and defensive awareness and PK ability of Crabb or Boyce, and can drop the mitts if needed a la Rosehill.

I'm okay with one of Orr or Rosehill being in the lineup, just not both, and preferably Orr

JAMmer124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 10:19 PM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Ball Hockey View Post
We need Brown back, he's the combination of a Boyce/Crabb and a Rosehill. Speed and defensive awareness and PK ability of Crabb or Boyce, and can drop the mitts if needed a la Rosehill.

I'm okay with one of Orr or Rosehill being in the lineup, just not both, and preferably Orr
If we're going with an enforcer, Rosehill is the better player IMO. Orr is done; his concussion has destroyed his career.

But yes, having Brown and Armstrong back would be lovely.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 11:17 PM
Man Bear Pig

Rosehill I wouldn't mind, he brings energy but Orr...as much as I love the guy who brings absolutely nothing when he's not fighting. He's not the worst enforcer as far as his play goes but the only time he should be in the lineup is when he needs to be, to protect players. Enforcers are going extinct, you just gotta bring more to the table.

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 11:29 PM
JAMmer124
Independent Living

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
If we're going with an enforcer, Rosehill is the better player IMO. Orr is done; his concussion has destroyed his career.

But yes, having Brown and Armstrong back would be lovely.
I find Rosehill has a tendency to take really stupid penalties. Like, really stupid. Though Rosie does have better forechecking because of his footspeed.

JAMmer124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 11:49 PM
PemIceKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by somecut View Post
Visited with a good friend and Bruin fan of mine tonight. Funny, we talked about the space skilled Bruin players have with the abundance of toughness they have all over the lineup. Skilled players get away with a little more with the amount of toughness they have and I agreed. Injecting some jam may help, might get them back on trackand worth a try. D needs to start dropping some players in front of net. Everything is going in thats thrown in front of the net. Players are driving the net and getting away with murder.

PemIceKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 11:49 PM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

Quote:
Originally Posted by beauchamp View Post
Finally, two realists.

You know things are really bad when you count on more playing time for Orr and Rosehill to shake things up.

Someone is looking for more , , or even , not more wins.
instead we'll be a solid 10th place team dressing 3 counter attacking lines and a stick checking (light) 4th line.

Old
01-01-2012, 11:54 PM
PemIceKing

Quote:
instead we'll be a solid 10th place team dressing 3 counter attacking lines a stick checking (light) 4th line.
Then they should make a trade and expel some assets and pickup a top top top 6 and a d-man with jam. Then run with a third line check/score line and true 4th line energy/bull line.

PemIceKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 08:34 AM
Hawaiinleaf

I have been on this forever, and kept being told by posters wasted roster spots etc etc

but 100% tougher players make room for skilled players...its a fact

Hawaiinleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 09:09 AM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

to the OP,

wouldn't you want orr and rosehill to be FT (full time) as opposed to PT (part time)?

maybe talk to the moderators about changing the title of this thread.

Old
01-02-2012, 09:17 AM
Remotion

Quote:
to the OP,

wouldn't you want orr and rosehill to be FT (full time) as opposed to PT (part time)?

maybe talk to the moderators about changing the title of this thread.
I think he means playing time not part time/full time

Remotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 09:34 AM
somecut*

Yes PT = Playing Time. And I meant it as a suggestion, there is no news that this is actually happening. Especially with that sniper Dupuis coming back, it will push these 2 further back.

Old
01-02-2012, 09:39 AM
Quarter
Exploding Knees

Shirley, you can't be serious.

Quarter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 10:46 AM
leafspring*

Rosehill/Boyce/Orr Because Crabb,and Frattin or Lombardi/Dupuis sitting is absolutely taking nothing away. Actually Frattin should be on the Marlies.

There is all kinds of shake-ups that could be implemented through pre scouting,to make adjustments. The thing about them not even being tried is that they would not even have to be permanent.

Has Wilson complained yet about calling a time out to rest the Jets Saturday night after their icing in the last minute. I officially see a coaching change as the only way this will get better.

2OR3 more losses in a row should do it for the ignorant american coach.

leafspring* is offline   Reply With Quote