HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

v16 |Raptors lose again! Booo! -OR- Raptors help their draft odds! Yayyy!

Closed Thread

Old
12-08-2011, 09:07 PM
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE

vCash: 500
Reggie Evans is such a bawse

Old
12-08-2011, 09:08 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Reggie Evans tweets "lol" to Chris Paul.

I want Reggie back on the Raptors, if only because of that (and the rebounding)

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."

Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
Old
12-08-2011, 09:14 PM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Glad they vetoed this. **** you, Paul.

Old
12-08-2011, 09:15 PM
Shimso

stolen from realgm since I can't find the actual source on espn:

Quote:
Just saw on bottom of ESPN. It says Chris Paul is mad and will not report to Hornets training camp.

He will seek legal action by going to the players' union.

Old
12-08-2011, 09:16 PM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

lol, that's hilarious.

If Hornets are left to keep Paul and let him walk, that's gonna set the franchise back big time.

Old
12-08-2011, 09:17 PM
Vexxed14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimso View Post
stolen from realgm since I can't find the actual source on espn:
Interesting because the trade business between teams should really not be the players concern at all

As a side note, I hope the NHL is watching and thinking about moving Phoenix sooner rather than later to avoid this drama lol

Old
12-08-2011, 09:18 PM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Chris Paul is a piece of ****. Every NBA player is a real ****er. I'm done with the Toronto Raptors and this league. It will be LA/MIA/BOS/NYK every year in the finals forever.

They should have just kept em all locked out.

Old
12-08-2011, 09:21 PM
Shimso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic View Post
Chris Paul is a piece of ****. Every NBA player is a real ****er. I'm done with the Toronto Raptors and this league. It will be LA/MIA/BOS/NYK every year in the finals forever.

They should have just kept em all locked out.
except for reggie evans. he's cool in my books

Old
12-08-2011, 09:23 PM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimso View Post
except for reggie evans. he's cool in my books
Mine too. I had the pleasure of meeting him when I worked at Best Buy and he's super chillin'. The garbage guys are the heart and soul of the NBA. The rest, they're just spoiled little ****faces

Old
12-08-2011, 09:27 PM
Shimso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic View Post
Mine too. I had the pleasure of meeting him when I worked at Best Buy and he's super chillin'. The garbage guys are the heart and soul of the NBA. The rest, they're just spoiled little ****faces
So true. I miss JYD...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHANTOMPHOENIX
The NBA owners should move the franchise to Alaska. Then whenever some star player still under contract starts acting like a ***** and demanding for a trade, they can trade him to Alaska.
best idea i've ever heard

Old
12-08-2011, 09:33 PM
ryno23

I have no problem with the Paul trade. The Hornets actually got quite the haul for Paul and would be way better off with this deal than the other ones they have been talking about.

If I was Paul I would challenge this under collusion cause it seems like the other NBA owner's stop this deal from happening and that is plain and simple collusion. How can a league allow fellow owners to say who gets traded for what regardless if the team is owned by the NBA.

What will happen now is Paul will walk away for nothing or teams will low ball offers knowing the league already said no to one deal

Very slippery slope Stern just went down.

Old
12-08-2011, 09:36 PM
shakes
Ancient Astronaut

It's like the NBA is the WWE. Scripted story lines and twists and turns with Stern potraying Vince McMahon. What a joke.

Old
12-08-2011, 09:37 PM
Shimso

The NBA needs to sell the Hornets and quick...however, they way things are going, I don't see them having an easy time finding a buyer.

Its just weird to have a league own a team, and then that league-owned team agrees to a trade, and then the league nixes it....

Between the CP3 trade and the Pujols & Wilson signings I've spent WAY too much time at my laptop today.

Old
12-08-2011, 11:28 PM
SuperSaiyanBeastmode

I could completely understand if the deal was the knick's scrubs for paul(which would of straight up pissed me off, now there just a 6th seed at most and will never win a title with stoudemire and anthony and no depth), but the lakers gave up gasol as the main piece, and added more to it, fair deal in my books(might of actually hurt them more than help them). They weren't even gonna get past the 2nd round with paul, because there NOT getting howard for bynum. Just doesn't make sense.

Old
12-08-2011, 11:30 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSaiyanBeastmode View Post
I could completely understand if the deal was the knick's scrubs for paul(which would of straight up pissed me off, now there just a 6th seed at most and will never win a title with stoudemire and anthony and no depth), but the lakers gave up gasol as the main piece, and added more to it, fair deal in my books(might of actually hurt them more than help them). They weren't even gonna get past the 2nd round with paul, because there NOT getting howard for bynum. Just doesn't make sense.
There's now a column on ESPN where they note that the league basically just saved the Lakers from themselves, and that in spite of whatever their thoughts on the "fairness" of Paul engineering the trade to the Lakers while the Hornets are league-owned, the other owners would've been better off letting LA gut their forward depth and be stuck with Paul and Bryant fighting over who gets to dominate the ball.

Old
12-08-2011, 11:46 PM
Hanta Yo
Bag it up

I just don't see the logic in this considering Paul is going to walk away after the season is done. Simple as that. Come next season, he will be in another jersey. New Orleans is already a franchise in despair, at least allow them to try trading him and get some assets back.

Old
12-08-2011, 11:47 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanta Yo View Post
I just don't see the logic in this considering Paul is going to walk away after the season is done. Simple as that. Come next season, he will be in another jersey. New Orleans is already a franchise in despair, at least allow them to try trading him and get some assets back.
well, if the Hornets continue to flounder, maybe they'll get moved and maybe we can get a team back in Vancouver. Though I doubt my allegiance to the Raptors will go away, it'll be nice having the opportunity to watch games live again.

Old
12-08-2011, 11:50 PM
Vexxed14

The NBA is well within its rights to do this. The league has ownership rights over the team, the collective owners run the league therefore they can make a decision as any owner might himself for whatever reasons they choose.

How can Paul have a claim? Trades are between teams and players have no say in the matter

Old
12-09-2011, 12:07 AM
Shimso

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
There's now a column on ESPN where they note that the league basically just saved the Lakers from themselves, and that in spite of whatever their thoughts on the "fairness" of Paul engineering the trade to the Lakers while the Hornets are league-owned, the other owners would've been better off letting LA gut their forward depth and be stuck with Paul and Bryant fighting over who gets to dominate the ball.
The more I think about it, unless its a sure thing that a Bynum/D12 trade would go down, LA would be worse off with CP3 instead of Gasol/Odom.

Quote:
Chris_Broussard Chris Broussard
Nets have emerged as No. 1 choice for Dwight Howard, multiple sources say. D12 is expected to ask Magic to trade him to NJ.
Round 2 here we go!

Old
12-09-2011, 12:10 AM
Vexxed14

That's the problem with all of this. At least in the NHL, you have to trade for the right to discuss an extension.

Players shouldn't be going out and telling teams where to trade them with such ease.

Old
12-09-2011, 12:16 AM
GoSensGo765
GO SENS GO!!

First it was the Heat big 3 ordeal, than the Melo stories and now we get Paul and Howard drama right as the NBA returns?

I don't agree with a whole bunch of big markets stocking their rosters and having certain players "join up" but there was absolutely nothing wrong with this trade. Like many others have said, the Hornets were getting quite a solid return and were making the best of a bad situation, good on the Hornets GM. So a bunch of owners, likely all the Lakers rivals who don't want to see them get Paul, are able to sway Stern to veto a perfectly fine trade? A trade should ONLY ever be vetoed due to financial reasons, not because one of the teams happens to be owned by the NBA. Absolutely absurd.

That is some messed up stuff right there, and somehow the NBA is the only league you see it in. Is the NBA trying to look like the WWE? Stories shouldn't be getting so complicated like this.

And now Paul may not report to Hornets camp and seek legal action. Collusion ALL the way! Should be a very interesting and somewhat awkward Friday for the league.

Old
12-09-2011, 12:17 AM
GoSensGo765
GO SENS GO!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexxed14 View Post
That's the problem with all of this. At least in the NHL, you have to trade for the right to discuss an extension.

Players shouldn't be going out and telling teams where to trade them with such ease.
Stern loves it though, it leads to a ton of media blitz and hype, and buzz among fans. It is very indirectly good for the game since of course any publicity is good publicity.....but it still doesn't give the league a very professional image, that's for sure.

Old
12-09-2011, 12:18 AM
Shimso

To me, this offseason is going to be far more entertaining than the regular season.....

Old
12-09-2011, 12:19 AM
Vexxed14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spezza19 View Post
First it was the Heat big 3 ordeal, than the Melo stories and now we get Paul and Howard drama right as the NBA returns?

I don't agree with a whole bunch of big markets stocking their rosters and having certain players "join up" but there was absolutely nothing wrong with this trade. Like many others have said, the Hornets were getting quite a solid return and were making the best of a bad situation, good on the Hornets GM. So a bunch of owners, likely all the Lakers rivals who don't want to see them get Paul, are able to sway Stern to veto a perfectly fine trade? A trade should ONLY ever be vetoed due to financial reasons, not because one of the teams happens to be owned by the NBA. Absolutely absurd.

That is some messed up stuff right there, and somehow the NBA is the only league you see it in. Is the NBA trying to look like the WWE? Stories shouldn't be getting so complicated like this.

And now Paul may not report to Hornets camp and seek legal action. Collusion ALL the way! Should be a very interesting and somewhat awkward Friday for the league.
Somebody still has to explain to me how Paul has any avenue of appeal. The Lakers maybe but not the player...

Old
12-09-2011, 12:24 AM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

I think Howard should go wherever the puck they put him.

Closed Thread