HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Petiton...

Closed Thread

Old
09-20-2004, 09:45 PM
BobMarleyNYR

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Petiton...

9/20/04

Dear James Dolan,

New York Rangers’ fans are aware that this is a confusing and uncertain time for owners and presidents of National Hockey League organizations, commissioner Gary Bettman, and the NHLPA. We understand the circumstances, and we support whatever actions are taken to solve this problem as swiftly and fairly as possible.
With the knowledge that NHL teams will not play for a considerably long time (as the financial discussions remain stagnant), we would like to propose that hockey games continue to be televised on the MSG network. Many support the idea of televising Hartford Wolfpack games, and re-runs of games from past seasons.
We know that it will be difficult to realize our demands, and we will be flexible. However, Rangers’ fans deserve to have hockey this year.
A small, but legitimate public relations campaign has commenced, and we expect the number of supporters to grow rapidly, as word is spreading quickly to fans.
If our demands cannot be met, many of us have no reason to watched, or subscribe to MSG, and many New York Knicks’ fans are expected to boycott the station. Ratings and revenue will plummet.
My brother, Francis McGovern, has voluntarily played the bagpipes at your 4th of July party several times. I hope that helps to persuade you, somewhat.
Here is a list of people committed to the cause.

Sincerely,
Kieran McGovern
& loyal New York Rangers’ fans

1. Kieran McGovern -- km8243@acc.msmc.edu

Add numbers as needed... any suggestions?

Old
09-20-2004, 09:55 PM
ragfan

Marat Boglomov; fchoi@unis.org

Old
09-20-2004, 11:06 PM
Zetterberg4Captain*

Adam Greuel; adamgreuel@hotmail.com

Old
09-20-2004, 11:41 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Sorry, but I won't sign. If the idea behind the petition is to get Wolfpack games broadcast, that should be the focus of the petition. There's way too much going on (I could never sign something saying I will support "whatever actions are taken to solve this problem...") that has nothing to do with the desired outcome--seeing Wolfpack games on TV.

I also wonder if James Dolan (who by the way is neither owner nor President of the NY Rangers) has anything at all to do with decisions concerning the MSG network and what they decide to produce.

Good luck.

Old
09-21-2004, 12:04 AM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
Sorry, but I won't sign. If the idea behind the petition is to get Wolfpack games broadcast, that should be the focus of the petition. There's way too much going on (I could never sign something saying I will support "whatever actions are taken to solve this problem...") that has nothing to do with the desired outcome--seeing Wolfpack games on TV.

I also wonder if James Dolan (who by the way is neither owner nor President of the NY Rangers) has anything at all to do with decisions concerning the MSG network and what they decide to produce.

Good luck.

I agree with your first comment, but your second is off.. James Dolan owns cablevision, therefore, he is the man deciding what is broadcasted on his channel (MSG) on cable.

Old
09-21-2004, 12:05 AM
Balej20*

ok Bob, to make everyone happy, just take out the line where it says we will support any action taken by the league, besides that, i like it.

Old
09-21-2004, 12:22 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20
I agree with your first comment, but your second is off.. James Dolan owns cablevision, therefore, he is the man deciding what is broadcasted on his channel (MSG) on cable.
Cablevision is a publically traded company--at best James Dolan owns a tiny piece of it. I'm not familar with its management structure, but I thought Charles Dolan was the head of it all. And just like Madison Square Garden has seperate management so does MSG network. I seriously doubt James Dolan is running it all.

Last edited by Brooklyn Ranger: 09-21-2004 at 12:25 AM.
Old
09-21-2004, 06:43 AM
Fletch

Br...

I'll have to check, but Dolan owns a class of stock that gives him voting power of Cablevision, and thus gives him control of the public entity. Further, he is the proxy for the Board of Directors which were nominated by the owners and thus has the power to make all decisions if he chooses to.

As for the petition - there's a grammatical - watched should be watch. And perhaps you should lobby for some college games while you're at it - on teams of note to the Rangers.

Old
09-21-2004, 01:26 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
I'll have to check, but Dolan owns a class of stock that gives him voting power of Cablevision, and thus gives him control of the public entity. Further, he is the proxy for the Board of Directors which were nominated by the owners and thus has the power to make all decisions if he chooses to.

As for the petition - there's a grammatical - watched should be watch. And perhaps you should lobby for some college games while you're at it - on teams of note to the Rangers.
The question really is whether he's involved in the day to day running of MSG network? I've never heard of him being involved and I don't expect him to just walk in and dictate what's going to be produced and aired because a couple of hundred people directed an online petition to him.

Old
09-21-2004, 01:30 PM
Fletch

Yeah, sorry about that...

You know, it actualy wouldn't be surprising if Li'l Jimmy stuck his nose everywhere it didn't belong. There was an interesting article in the Post on Sunday (last Sunday) regarding the Mets and the owners' involvement - how they micromanage - and how that shouldn't be. I see Jimmy's role within Cablevision being the same. He's supposed to be running a public company, but he's meddled in the Rangers' and Knicks' affairs, or is believe to have done so, on more than an occasion. I put nothing past our fearless leader.

Old
09-21-2004, 06:13 PM
Balej20*

Yeah, either way, the Dolans own cablevision, so contacted one of them is like contacting both of them. And James Dolan does indeed own the Rangers, so I'm thinking he is the best way to go if we want to see our Pack games.

Old
09-21-2004, 07:35 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
I don't care who owns what right now... I'm not involved in this anymore. I'll support it, but I refuse to take action at all, because there's always going to be jackasses whose only real cause on this board is to be the first to catch a mistake, and jump all over someone. See, this makes them feel important, and it gains them respect, somehow.

Old
09-21-2004, 07:50 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Jaime Rousseau, lindros2leetch@hotmail.com

Closed Thread