HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #28: Anaheim Ducks @ St. Louis Blues 7:00 CDT

Old
12-08-2011, 10:30 PM
rumrokh
I Bleed Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluesRiver View Post
Nope. You don't. Sorry buddy.
I thought it made sense. He was sardonically suggesting the Blues powerplay cannot, realistically, be fixed. You aren't going to find it funny after an explanation, obviously, but it clearly fit the joking tone from here.

rumrokh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 10:40 PM
BluesRiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumrokh View Post
I thought it made sense. He was sardonically suggesting the Blues powerplay cannot, realistically, be fixed. You aren't going to find it funny after an explanation, obviously, but it clearly fit the joking tone from here.
Well then...joke's on me. Oh well.

BluesRiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 11:02 PM
ToniJ1960

Im only upset about one thing. My boyfriend worked at a concession stand tonight and he got to meet David Perron. He gets to meet everyone, Pujols, Molina, and now Perron. And he didnt even at least get me an autograph

ToniJ1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 11:08 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniJ1960 View Post
Im only upset about one thing. My boyfriend worked at a concession stand tonight and he got to meet David Perron. He gets to meet everyone, Pujols, Molina, and now Perron. And he didnt even at least get me an autograph
Didn't get you an autograph? Kick him to the curb.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 11:31 PM
ToniJ1960

He was already on thin ice

ToniJ1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 11:35 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniJ1960 View Post
He was already on thin ice
I mean if my girlfriend met a Victoria's Secret model and didn't get an autographed pictured, she'd be done.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 11:53 PM
MissouriBlues2008

I couldn't get past the Angels-Ducks and Cardinals-Blues connection. Just a strange coincidence.

Anyway, it's always great to get a win. We're staying in the top 8, actually top 6 or so. So that's great.

MissouriBlues2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 12:28 AM
sh724

I think something was wrong with Perry tonight he seemed to be laying on the ice quite a bit granted he had a lot of help but his balance seemed really bad tonight

sh724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 01:18 AM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonBlues22 View Post
Am I the only guy who doesn't like running complete forward lines on the PP just so that we can have our forward lines intact to get the matchup we want after the PP is over? Wouldn't it be more important to, I don't know...give yourself the best chance you can to score on the PP?
I think the other notion is that you keep the fluid cycle going rather than getting the mindset of so many set plays. I think that may help get players to quit standing around so much on the PP.

I don't disagree with you, but I think there is more to this strategy. I also suspect its temporary.

2 Minute Minor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 01:32 AM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jzk View Post
Great game all around. Perron should back checked harder on that Ryan goal but oh well.
I put that goal mostly on Pietro. He made a bad decision (unusual for him) to leave the front of the goal to go get the puck on the board, missed the deflection, and allowed the goal to set up. I assume he just was unaware that anyone was charging into the slot.

You'd like to see Perron take that guy tight, but I'm not sure that was his responsibility. He looked a bit surprised to see Pietro leave, too.

2 Minute Minor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 02:40 AM
rumrokh
I Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post
I put that goal mostly on Pietro. He made a bad decision (unusual for him) to leave the front of the goal to go get the puck on the board, missed the deflection, and allowed the goal to set up. I assume he just was unaware that anyone was charging into the slot.

You'd like to see Perron take that guy tight, but I'm not sure that was his responsibility. He looked a bit surprised to see Pietro leave, too.
Pietro probably shouldn't have left, but you can't have two guys on one guy who doesn't have the puck. Berglund and Colaiacovo were checking Koivu, who got the puck to Selanne, who was completely open.

Part of the problem is that with Ryan streaking in like that, Pietro is faced with keeping Selanne from coming out to the front of the net AND watching Ryan. In theory, if Pietro waits, Perron, Stewart, or Berglund will get to the front of the net and he can only worry about Selanne, but I respect making the active decision instead of the inactive one. Pressuring Selanne could make that a lower percentage pass, he just happened to get it through. Most guys don't get passes like that through Pietrangelo.

There's also something to be said for relying on your teammates. Considering how good their coverage normally is, pressuring Selanne and hoping/trusting that somebody gets to Ryan isn't unreasonable, even if it was the incorrect call. Watching the replay, it all goes down so quickly, there's no way Pietro can know that nobody is on Ryan. I think he's just assuming that if somebody's headed to the net, a teammate has him. It's a case where the "right" play could have easily led to a goal against as well.

Ultimately, I think the biggest factor was Colaiacovo's not winning that puck battle behind the net, but skill and speed do that to you.

rumrokh is offline   Reply With Quote