HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

12/8/11 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ New York Rangers

Closed Thread

Old
12-08-2011, 01:17 PM
I Am Beat You

vCash: 500
This may be what the team needs to play with a jump in their step. If Marty is indeed out, I think we'll come out guns blazing and try to "win it for him". But knowing how Marty is, I still have a feeling he might be in tonight.

Old
12-08-2011, 01:23 PM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

Marty not in?

Putting some money on Rangers -3,5 tonight, at least I might win some money out of this mess.

Still remember that 2-8 a couple of seasons ago

Old
12-08-2011, 01:34 PM
Maelmoor
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Maelmoor
Our chance to win is about 1%

12-08-2011, 01:38 PM
chasespace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelmoor View Post
Our chance to win is about 1%
If Jones is the forward recalled it's less than that.

Old
12-08-2011, 01:47 PM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasespace View Post
If Jones is the forward recalled it's less than that.
Quote:
Blair Jones coming up to Lightning from AHL Norfolk. Yet another chance for him to show he can stick in the NHL.
http://twitter.com/#!/LightningTimes...64373549182976

With Marty out, who will score our lone goal?

Old
12-08-2011, 01:52 PM
Maelmoor
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
http://twitter.com/#!/LightningTimes...64373549182976

With Marty out, who will score our lone goal?
Clark..

Old
12-08-2011, 01:54 PM
snowden
Man is matter

I had a feeling this was going to start happening. The longer losing ways continue to fester the more likely it is for injuries to start piling up and derail any positive strides made. I can't really explain why but it always seems the bad teams are more likely to get injuries while the good teams seem to avoid them. We are looking like a lottery team. If the Bolts DON'T come out on fire or playing with a purpose then nothing will get this team going except maybe a huge roster shake up....and not Jones coming back either.

Old
12-08-2011, 01:55 PM
Follower of Yzlam
Believe the Yzerplan

vCash: 1065
****ing hell, man. Poor Marty... love you man!

Old
12-08-2011, 01:55 PM
dbieon12
Stamkos HOF

The longer this goes on, the higher up the problem moves.

The players have the initiative and have clearly passed on any attempt to 'step their game up'. Guy Boucher as coach hasn't been able to improve the team. That moves it to Yzerman, if he fails to do something or allows the team to drown then he may be the one who has to go.

Old
12-08-2011, 02:04 PM
Follower of Yzlam
Believe the Yzerplan

Jesus, think you're overreacting a bit yet? Last year he took a team that had a lottery pick to the ECF and a game away from the SCF, and since we're off to a bad start this year we fire the GM, the coach, and trade away half of the team? What the ****?

Old
12-08-2011, 02:08 PM
dbieon12
Stamkos HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAB4Norris View Post
Jesus, think you're overreacting a bit yet? Last year he took a team that had a lottery pick to the ECF and a game away from the SCF, and since we're off to a bad start this year we fire the GM, the coach, and trade away half of the team? What the ****?
Yzerman made some great moves last year, but largely he inherited a team with solid ownership and a lot of talent.

All I'm asking for is a decision to be made from anyone. If Yzerman fails to make a move, or at this point attempt to make a move, to patch this sinking ship, then he may be at the core of the problem.

I'd like to believe so, but this team is proving that they are not equipped to compete for the duration of the season. In other words, it's been 27 games into the season and we're already 4 points behind the recently relocated WINNIPEG ****ING JETS. (and showing no signs of improving).

This is a good ****ing indication of some awareness:
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=605412

Last edited by dbieon12: 12-08-2011 at 02:14 PM.
Old
12-08-2011, 02:18 PM
Follower of Yzlam
Believe the Yzerplan

We're bad right now, I get it, but I'd rather SFY take his time and not gut the team and try to make the best move possible. And is one defenseman, one goaltender, or one piece going to make us win all of a sudden? I'd rather him make the right move than a quick move.

Seriously, it's ****ing stupid to call for us to gut the team or start blaming SFY, Boucher, or anything less than the product on the ice right now. We need to make a move, certainly, and probably multiple ones, but I don't want to mortgage our future just to be a seventh seed this year and a first round exit.

Old
12-08-2011, 02:35 PM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAB4Norris View Post
I sort have to agree with you here. I'm not nearly at the point to start pointing fingers at the coaching staff (although maybe I have been at the lack of one since we're without Fleming, and the PP isn't doing anything) or critical towards the great SFY. (At least any more than I was a year ago at this time over getting a goalie.)

If SFY is going to bring the Detroit model of winning, (yet another thing leaving Detroit. *rimshot*) we have to give him the time to do so.

I think there's still strife among us over what exactly that model is, and how strictly SFY is going to adhere to it. It also creates a contradiction. The Red Wings are built from within, smart trades and free agent signings, etc. so they don't suck. If we suck during the season, what would the Red Wings do?

Figure that Detroit had retained Osgood past his expiration point, but Jimmy Howard was a few years younger. What would they have done?

Detroit did sign Nabokov, and this with Howard not being hypothetically years younger. I'm not necessarily saying that Nabokov is the guy, as the more appropriate comparison this year would be Turco, but Nabokov is 1 of 3 goalies with the Islanders, and it's known they'd like to move him. And as we know, former Islanders tend to do very well for the Lightning.

The reason that Detroit didn't get Nabokov though was because he had played KHL games that season, and therefore had to go through waivers. Turco would not have to do that.

Last edited by Felonious Python: 12-08-2011 at 02:41 PM.
Old
12-08-2011, 02:40 PM
Maelmoor
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
I sort have to agree with you here. I'm not nearly at the point to start pointing fingers at the coaching staff (although maybe I have been at the lack of one since we're without Fleming, and the PP isn't doing anything) or critical towards the great SFY. (At least any more than I was a year ago at this time over getting a goalie.)

If SFY is going to bring the Detroit model of winning, (yet another thing leaving Detroit. *rimshot*) we have to give him the time to do so.

I think there's still strife among us over what exactly that model is, and how strictly SFY is going to adhere to it. It also creates a contradiction. The Red Wings are built from within, smart trades and free agent signings, etc. so they don't suck. If we suck during the season, what would the Red Wings do?

Figure that Detroit had retained Osgood past his expiration point, but Jimmy Howard was a few years younger. What would they have done?

Detroit did sign Nabokov, and this with Howard not being hypothetically years younger. I'm not necessarily saying that Nabokov is the guy, as the more appropriate comparison this year would be Turco, but Nabokov is 1 of 3 goalies with the Islanders, and it's known they'd like to move him. And as we know, former Islanders tend to do very well for the Lightning.

The reason that Detroit didn't get Nabokov though was because Nabby had played KHL games that season, and therefore had to go through waivers. Turco would not have to do that.
I agree with you both, we must look at this as a long-term project, not panic and try to patch things for short-term sucess. It sucks at the moment but im 100% behind SFY and Boucher and their coaching staff!

Old
12-08-2011, 02:42 PM
LightningStrikes

So what are our F lines tonight? Before Marty's injury Vinny was skating with Malone and Purcell...

Downie - Stamkos - Shannon
Malone - Lecavalier - Purcell
Connolly - Moore - Hall
Pyatt - Jones - Tyrell

Old
12-08-2011, 02:53 PM
LoSTRaMaiR

Marty has to play. It is very hard to imagine him not playing. Not even just because it would be 500, but he is pretty much the heart of the team. Just hope he is alright. Sucks that we are to the point where we just expect to lose games

Old
12-08-2011, 02:56 PM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post
So what are our F lines tonight? Before Marty's injury Vinny was skating with Malone and Purcell...

Downie - Stamkos - Shannon
Malone - Lecavalier - Purcell
Connolly - Moore - Hall
Pyatt - Jones - Tyrell
Have they done
Downie-Lecavalier-Purcell yet? It'd be interesting to see how that line does.

Old
12-08-2011, 04:03 PM
ThunderAlleyNomad

And it's confirmed that Marty is out

Quote:
erlendssontrib Erik Erlendsson
No surprise but Marty St Louis is not playing tonight, a statement regarding his status is expected from the team shortly #tblightning

Old
12-08-2011, 04:38 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

Quote:
Originally Posted by albatross View Post
And it's confirmed that Marty is out
Poor Marty

Guys better play their ******* hearts out tonight for him.

Old
12-08-2011, 04:41 PM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 View Post
Poor Marty

Guys better play their ******* hearts out tonight for him.
and maybe start wearing goatees.

As we are in the darkest and most terrible timeline.

Old
12-08-2011, 05:04 PM
zeykshade

Quote:
St. Louis has been a rock for the Lightning. He's third on a team that has trouble scoring with 9 goals. He won the Hart Trophy and Conn Smythe Trophy in 2004 as the Lightning won their first Stanley Cup, and he was a finalist for the Hart Trophy last season.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=605377

Honestly, this kind of **** says a whole lot about what the league actually knows and thinks of Tampa. If you don't know who won the ****ing Conn Smythe in 2004 when writing an article about Marty St. Louis(future HoFer), you're retarded and / or lazy.

Old
12-08-2011, 05:12 PM
Maelmoor
HFBoards Sponsor

To not see Marty in the team tonight..as it's so rare is like a reminder of one dark day in the future when he retires

This team will never be the same without him..

Old
12-08-2011, 05:44 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

https://twitter.com/#!/SunSportsBolt...869248/photo/1
Quote:
Ray Thill, Clay Roffer, & Rob Kennedy honor Marty St.Louis, placing injured star's sticks on the bench in The Garden. http://pic.twitter.com/dbcPDBkP

Old
12-08-2011, 05:51 PM
Maelmoor
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
For Marty!

Old
12-08-2011, 05:52 PM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Quote:
He's not ****ing dead.

He chose to not wear a visor, and now we're probably going to suffer for it.

Closed Thread