HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How's Pietrangelo playing

Old
01-22-2012, 11:05 PM
Meatwagon
Blues=Overrated

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Pietrangelo is the egg mcmuffin of NHL defensemen
So he's diabetes?

Meatwagon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 11:13 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 130
you guys need to watch more tv...

bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 03:24 AM
Pie Man
A-Pie

vCash: 500
Lol, ok here is a true story, and a funny one, atleast for me.

So this morning I woke up, as usual checking out hfboards and this egg mcmuffin thingy, I never heard of it before. So someone linked the commercial and I thought it was a pretty good commercial and that its something that only you crazy americans have, the egg mcmuffin. So I did not think much more of it.

This morning I have to drove my mother to the busstation and on my way home I was driving by McDonald to buy some Mcbagels. I ordered 5 bagels (for breakfast, lunch and maybe snack later). When I drove to the takeout the girl that work there told me that they only have 4 bagels left and that she could offered me something else, so I asked what she got. They said turkey sandwitch, ham and cheese with beacon or something like that, and then she said Egg McMuffin and it hit me in the face like that, Egg McMuffin that I just read on hfboards. So just a few minutes ago I just finished my egg mcmuffin

BTW, its was not that good so I refuse to have it connected to Pie hehehe. And those ******** gave me the wrong order, I ordered bagels, they gave me ham sandwitch! ********!

Pie Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 07:15 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sample XIX View Post
Lol, ok here is a true story, and a funny one, atleast for me.

So this morning I woke up, as usual checking out hfboards and this egg mcmuffin thingy, I never heard of it before. So someone linked the commercial and I thought it was a pretty good commercial and that its something that only you crazy americans have, the egg mcmuffin. So I did not think much more of it.

This morning I have to drove my mother to the busstation and on my way home I was driving by McDonald to buy some Mcbagels. I ordered 5 bagels (for breakfast, lunch and maybe snack later). When I drove to the takeout the girl that work there told me that they only have 4 bagels left and that she could offered me something else, so I asked what she got. They said turkey sandwitch, ham and cheese with beacon or something like that, and then she said Egg McMuffin and it hit me in the face like that, Egg McMuffin that I just read on hfboards. So just a few minutes ago I just finished my egg mcmuffin

BTW, its was not that good so I refuse to have it connected to Pie hehehe. And those ******** gave me the wrong order, I ordered bagels, they gave me ham sandwitch! ********!
Well I prefer the McGriddle, who doesn't like a breakfast sandwich between 2 pancakes? No matter, the McDonald's breakfast sandwich's are best served after you have had a long, long, "eventful" night, not if you are actually looking for a tasty breakfast to kick start the day.

Old
01-23-2012, 08:37 AM
Pie Man
A-Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Well I prefer the McGriddle, who doesn't like a breakfast sandwich between 2 pancakes? No matter, the McDonald's breakfast sandwich's are best served after you have had a long, long, "eventful" night, not if you are actually looking for a tasty breakfast to kick start the day.
THey call it McGriddle? crap, no wonder I ordered it wrong, my friend told me it call McBagel, ohh well there is always a tommorrow.

Old
01-23-2012, 10:53 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sample XIX View Post
THey call it McGriddle? crap, no wonder I ordered it wrong, my friend told me it call McBagel, ohh well there is always a tommorrow.
Maybe it's different in Sweden? I remember being at a McDonald's in England and it didn't even compare to the ones in the States. Some things were better, some worse, but just different. I still say, any McDonald's breakfast is best when you have a hangover. But if you are living on the edge, a bacon, egg, and cheese McGriddle with syrup is the way to go.

Old
01-24-2012, 04:07 PM
Beastman*

Pie played like a McRib last night.

Beastman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 06:30 PM
Pie Man
A-Pie

A little OT, but I just watched Captain America Avenger and dont ya guys think Chris Evans and Pie look very similar? .... Captain Pie... I like it

Old
03-11-2012, 04:53 AM
odessa
Ima Firen Mah Lazar

I wonder how big contract Petro gets if he puts up 50 points this and next season? 5 million per year or even more?

odessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 04:56 AM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Quote:
Originally Posted by odessa View Post
I wonder how big contract Petro gets if he puts up 50 points this and next season? 5 million per year or even more?
Easily and he'll deserve it. In calendar 2012 he's been the best defenseman in the world hands down. Basically the same offense as Karlsson and way, way, way better defensively.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 07:40 AM
Pie Man
A-Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
Easily and he'll deserve it. In calendar 2012 he's been the best defenseman in the world hands down. Basically the same offense as Karlsson and way, way, way better defensively.
Words

Old
03-11-2012, 10:43 AM
Blues0307

Quote:
Yep. The discrepancy in their offensive stats is somewhat a product of the conferences they play in, although, if Karlsson played in the West, I believe he'd still have more points than Petro. It just wouldn't be by as wide of a margin as it is. Karlsson can't match Petro defensively, though, and it's not even close.

Blues0307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 04:07 PM
ZomboIsGod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues0307 View Post
Yep. The discrepancy in their offensive stats is somewhat a product of the conferences they play in, although, if Karlsson played in the West, I believe he'd still have more points than Petro. It just wouldn't be by as wide of a margin as it is. Karlsson can't match Petro defensively, though, and it's not even close.

ZomboIsGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 05:14 PM
oPlaiD

Sign him to a 12 year cap friendly deal NOW

Sounds crazy, but I'm completely serious. Maybe not 12 years, but something extremely long term. Buy out his remaining RFA years to get a discount on many of his FA years and establish a low cap figure so we can build a team around him for years to come.

That is, unless the Blues are planning to sign an elite player this offseason to go all out during the years when Pietrangelo is cheap.

oPlaiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 08:13 PM
Alklha

vCash: 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by oPlaiD View Post
Sign him to a 12 year cap friendly deal NOW

Sounds crazy, but I'm completely serious. Maybe not 12 years, but something extremely long term. Buy out his remaining RFA years to get a discount on many of his FA years and establish a low cap figure so we can build a team around him for years to come.

That is, unless the Blues are planning to sign an elite player this offseason to go all out during the years when Pietrangelo is cheap.
With the ownership situation as it is, we aren't going to be handing out big, long term contracts. I completely agree that it is what we should be doing though. He is the one player I would genuinely be delighted to see sign for 15 years tomorrow.

Alklha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 08:24 PM
Stillflexin*

Pietrangelo tied his season high in points tonight. Congrats Pie!

Stillflexin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 10:32 PM
HANDZ 57
Trap = 4 letter word

vCash: 2238
Tied for 3rd (with 4 others) in points among defensemen. Just one point behind Brian Campbell and a whole bunch behind that one guy. Really hoping he gets a bit of attention for the Norris just so he can improve his chances for next year. Special player we have here (needless to say on our board, I guess). All star snub but hopefully he can get a couple Norris votes...

HANDZ 57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 10:50 PM
BergMan
#BackesForSelke

Just imagine if he had been able to play like this all year...

Or better yet imagine next year when he knows he has this gear and Tarasenko and Schwartz are also on the team...

Seems crazy how it just suddenly seems to come together. We have a long window opening and I think Pie is the Blue that after over 40 years will push us through. Special time to watch

BergMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 11:25 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Hitchcock apparently is the reason for how good Pietrangelo is.

Whatever is good about the Blues isn't legit or good, it's every other thing "sheltering" them. I don't even know how the Blues do it with so many sheltered players, all sheltering each other in a system their coach shelters all of them together.

Gimme Shelter.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 11:35 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

Unless the Blues falter from their established level of play, they're going to wake some people up in the playoffs.

2 Minute Minor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 11:53 PM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Quote:

Whatever is good about the Blues isn't legit or good, it's every other thing "sheltering" them. I don't even know how the Blues do it with so many sheltered players, all sheltering each other in a system their coach shelters all of them together.

Gimme Shelter.
Its really all just a sham, a house of cards with no foundation. Something only works for the team because everything else on the team is clicking just right to make it that way.

Never mind that this logic implies that if you look closely you'll notice that nothing is actually self supporting, nothing is actually working. It all merely looks like its working because the rest of it appears to be working.

The Blues are ACTUALLY lulling the other teams to sleep with tales of traps and boredom and have actors come out and pretend to be the opposition allowing the talentless Blues to pretend to be good at hockey. All of this has been masterminded by Alex Pietrangelo's father. Why do you think he is never at the games? Also, since it is all only possible because of Mr. Pietrangelo, he insisted that he would only help if his son got to be the best player on the team. Eager to turn a profit for his corporate overlords, Doug Armstrong agreed on the condition that Alex not score the most points for a defenseman this season. Reluctantly, Mr Pietrangelo agreed.

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 12:36 AM
Joppy

If Petro keeps his pace over the last 32 up, could finish with 55 points. Pretty incredible.

Joppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 02:50 AM
inglouriousbackes

pietrangelo is everything EJ was supposed to be and more. He will definitely be a Norris candidate in the future. He commands the ice time for the blues and his magic wand saved our last game. I can't believe that didn't even go in.

inglouriousbackes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 03:09 AM
Pie Man
A-Pie

Quote:

Gimme Shelter.
Shelter trap

Old
03-12-2012, 03:22 PM
BadgersandBlues

Quote:
Originally Posted by inglouriousbackes View Post
pietrangelo is everything EJ was supposed to be and more. He will definitely be a Norris candidate in the future. He commands the ice time for the blues and his magic wand saved our last game. I can't believe that didn't even go in.
Yep. I live in Chicago and I tell everyone there that he's going to be in the HOF one day. They look at me like yea right. If there was anything in sports I had to bet my life on that we wouldn't know until 20 years from now, I would bet it on AP being in the Hall, and I would sleep like a baby every night.

BadgersandBlues is offline   Reply With Quote