HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who would you trade?

Old
12-08-2011, 09:43 PM
Blitz
GONNA TAKE ReinHART

vCash: 500
IMO, our defence is currently our biggest issue - we have too many offensive d-men & not enough physical stay-at-home defenders. This problem has been made much worse with Weber's injury.

Our 2nd biggest issue is complacency in the core - these guys need a wake-up call.

On my block:

Drew Stafford - solid player with undeniable skill & lots of potential. Is an underacheiver for the most part & does not seem to be able to get comfortable with his role here.

Jordan Leopold - Quality PMD with good 2-way game. Has become redundant (& therefore too pricy) in our d-corps with the aquisition of Ehrhoff & the re-signing of Sekera.

Brad Boyes - Has worked as hard as anyone on the team so far this year - However on an expiring $4M contract, with minimal cap space & the emergence of Kassian & Tropp Boyes has also become redundant.

Tyler Ennis - Has loads of raw talent & untapped potential. Would bring a high return based on his rookie numbers & potential. Will be looking for a raise after July 1st.

Derek Roy - Would only deal to bring in an upgrade at 1st line centre.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To

RW Drew Stafford ($4M)
D Jordan Leopold ($3M)

To

C Valtteri Filppula ($3M)
D Brad Stuart (3.75M UFA)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To

D Andrej Sekera ($2.75M)
LW Tyler Ennis ($875K RFA)
C Derek Roy ($4M)
2012 3rd RND pick

To

C Jeff Carter ($5.273M)
D Grant Clitsome ($1.25M)
2012 4th RND pick

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To

C/RW Brad Boyes ($4M UFA)
2013 4th RND pick [CBJ]

To

C/W Tuomo Ruutu ($3.8M UFA)

Vanek-Carter-Pominville
Leino-Filppula-Ruutu
Hecht-Adam-Kassian
Gerbe-Gaustad-Tropp
X. McCormick - demote Ellis, waive Kaleta

Regehr-Myers
Ehrhoff-Stuart
Clitsome-Weber
X. McNabb, Brennan........................................... ............Grags

Done and Done!!!

Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 09:47 PM
static80

Darcy Regier for 1 used QJMHL puck from 1990

Lindy Ruff for a copy of the speech scene by Herb Brooks (played by Kurt Russel)

The puck can make better decisions than Regier can

The entire team should watch that movie scene before each game and inbetween each period.

static80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 10:01 PM
5 Minute Major

We need another knuckle-dragger on the blueline.

I'd shop Roy/ and or Stafford to get one as well as a highly rated prospect in return.

5 Minute Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 12:46 AM
Sabretip

Isn't the more appropriate thread title, "Whom would you NOT trade?".

To which, I'd reply Miller, Myers, Vanek, Kassian, Gerbe and Regehr.

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 02:01 PM
ShaPow

I'd like to see Roy, Stafford, Boyes, and Gragnani dealt.

I'd like to see a coaching change before so many substantial deals, however.

ShaPow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 02:50 PM
Sabre11

I'd trade Roy just for the fact that last year when he went down with a season ending injury the team took off and now he's back and they suck again. Hamilton or Sullivan, I forget which, told a story on WGR yesterday that he asked a Sabres veteran last season about Roy right after down and the veteran said that they team is going to take off now that Roy was done and they did. I wonder if Roy is a locker room cancer?

Sabre11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 03:14 PM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitzo4221 View Post
To shake thing up and get things going instead of firing Ruff, who would you trade away?

I wouldn't trade Roy, Leino, Kassian. Leino because it would look bad to other free agents. Every D man with the acception of Gragnani.

I would trade - everyone not noted above. If Adam uses his size like he should he would be placed on my untouchable list.
I think guys like Adam and Stafford would put more into their hitting and physical play if the Sabres had more enforcer/deterrents and their coach actually insisted upon it.

Play4Miracles* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 03:40 AM
SECRET SQUIRREL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre11 View Post
I'd trade Roy just for the fact that last year when he went down with a season ending injury the team took off and now he's back and they suck again. Hamilton or Sullivan, I forget which, told a story on WGR yesterday that he asked a Sabres veteran last season about Roy right after down and the veteran said that they team is going to take off now that Roy was done and they did. I wonder if Roy is a locker room cancer?
He is.... but he has a great contract!

SECRET SQUIRREL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 03:44 PM
Matty K

Personally, I would dangle a Package that consists of Defenseman Marc-Andre Gragnani and Calgary's 2nd Round Draft Pick in 2012 to use it toward an upgrade on the Roster.

Matty K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 05:10 PM
tuckrr

From philly...what would it take to get kassian from you guys?
I know he really REALLY helps you all with size, but we've got some interesting pieces with simmonds/voracek/carle

tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 05:17 PM
sba

Send a message via AIM to sba
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckrr View Post
I know he really REALLY helps you all with size, but we've got some interesting pieces with simmonds/voracek/carle
Couturier

sba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 05:52 PM
FoSotC

Quote:
It would take a lot to get him. He seems to be everything the Sabres have lacked for a long time.

FoSotC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 07:41 PM
tuckrr

Would schenn do it?

tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 11:00 PM
dkollidas

My proposal:

To Buffalo:
C-Eric Staal
D-Bryan Allen

To Carolina:
C-Derek Roy
RW-Brad Boyes
D-Jordan Leopold
RW-Corey Tropp
2012 2nd Rnd Pick

To New York Islanders:
2012 2nd Rnd Pick

To Buffalo:
C-Frans Nielsen

That would be at the deadline

Then in the off-season...

To Buffalo:
C-Jordan Staal

To Pittsburgh:
RW- Drew Stafford
LW- Tyler Ennis or C- Luke Adam
2012 1st Rnd Pick

Get the Staal brothers together, in Buffalo!

dkollidas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 11:17 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

Quote:
Would schenn do it?
Would rather have Couturier, but that's just me. Very impressed with that kid. That said, I still wouldn't do it, Kassian is everything that Buffalo needs. Even though they need centers just as bad.

Stop Winnin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 01:36 AM
sba

Send a message via AIM to sba
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkollidas View Post

To Buffalo:
C-Jordan Staal

To Pittsburgh:
RW- Drew Stafford
2012 1st Rnd Pick

With Crosby's health being what it is, no way does PIT trade Staal.

sba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 07:46 AM
dkollidas

I doubt Pittsburgh trades Jordan, but maybe if Adam is added it gives them cap space to make other moves. And giving the Sabres a center group of Staal, Staal, Nielsen and whoever on the fourth line (Gaustad, Szchechura or however you spell it). Gotta figure if Crosby is out long term, or maybe eventually career ending, they might want to save as much cap space as possible to make a big time move or two to get a mini-revamp.

Last edited by dkollidas: 12-13-2011 at 09:32 AM.
dkollidas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 08:31 AM
ADoubleD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECRET SQUIRREL View Post
He is.... but he has a great contract!
I know you've been beating this same drum for years, but how exactly do you know he's a locker room cancer? I didn't know you were on the team. I'm not saying he's not one, but stop acting like you know this for a fact.

I'm not against trading Roy if the team can get either a comparable center in return for him or hell even try and get a top center prospect for him. Yes I do believe Roy could get us a package similar to what Philly got for Richards or Carter if not slightly less.

Say what you want about him, but he's put up solid numbers for a few years now, numbers similar to what Richards and Carter have put up, and has a good contract.

That said I just don't see them moving him this season or ever to be honest unless things get really bad. Even then I don't know. I'm not saying I agree with it, but that's most likely reality. But I would try to move Roy, Stafford, or Ennis to move up in the draft to get a top center prospect. Yeah it's risky, but sometimes you need to take risks like that.

ADoubleD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 08:43 AM
Duddy
Everyday is

everybody, but most of the team the player has way way more value to the team than he'd have in a trade.

Duddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 08:50 AM
SECRET SQUIRREL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADoubleD View Post
I know you've been beating this same drum for years, but how exactly do you know he's a locker room cancer? I didn't know you were on the team. I'm not saying he's not one, but stop acting like you know this for a fact.

I'm not against trading Roy if the team can get either a comparable center in return for him or hell even try and get a top center prospect for him. Yes I do believe Roy could get us a package similar to what Philly got for Richards or Carter if not slightly less.

Say what you want about him, but he's put up solid numbers for a few years now, numbers similar to what Richards and Carter have put up, and has a good contract.

That said I just don't see them moving him this season or ever to be honest unless things get really bad. Even then I don't know. I'm not saying I agree with it, but that's most likely reality. But I would try to move Roy, Stafford, or Ennis to move up in the draft to get a top center prospect. Yeah it's risky, but sometimes you need to take risks like that.
I have heard many of things from friends who work at the arena man, just trust me on this... but I'm gonna assume its not good enough for you so why dont you take Paul Hamilton's word on it. He reports on the team and is with them every day and has said/referenced it numerous times.

Anyways, I would love to trade him for either of the packages that Richards and Carter got, sign me up...

SECRET SQUIRREL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 08:53 AM
Myllz
Pavelski Lite

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkollidas View Post
My proposal:

To Buffalo:
C-Eric Staal
D-Bryan Allen

To Carolina:
C-Derek Roy
RW-Brad Boyes
D-Jordan Leopold
RW-Corey Tropp
2012 2nd Rnd Pick

To New York Islanders:
2012 2nd Rnd Pick

To Buffalo:
C-Frans Nielsen

That would be at the deadline

Then in the off-season...

To Buffalo:
C-Jordan Staal

To Pittsburgh:
RW- Drew Stafford
2012 1st Rnd Pick

As neat as it would be to have both Staal's on the same team, not having any draft at all in 2012 is bad.

Myllz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 09:17 AM
TehDoak
General Zad

Send a message via AIM to TehDoak
My deal:

To Colorado: Drew Stafford, Brad Boyes, 1st round pick
To Buffalo: Paul Statsny
(-1.6 against the cap)

Simple move: Colorado moves a veteran who has been displaced, gets a young winger who helps replace Chris Stewart

To Phoenix: Tyler Ennis
To Buffalo: Kyle Turris
(+.5 against the cap, BUT saves about 1-1.5 million next year with Ennis being a RFA)

Basically a swap of struggling young players. Turris gets his wish and gets out of Phoenix, Ennis goes someplace where he isn't fighting Vanek and Leino for ice time

To Anaheim: Jordan Leopold
To Buffalo: Toni Lydman

A swap for veteran d-men. Cap is the same

New lineup:

Vanek-Statsny-Pomniville
Leino-Roy-Kassian
Hecht-Turris-McCormick
Gerbe-Gaustaud-Kaleta

Myers-Sekera
Lydman-Regehr (PK/Shutdown pairing)
Weber-Ehrhoff (or McNabb-Ehrhoff)

Gragnani

Miller
Enroth

TehDoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 09:27 AM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehDoak View Post
My deal:

To Colorado: Drew Stafford, Brad Boyes, 1st round pick
To Buffalo: Paul Statsny
(-1.6 against the cap)

Simple move: Colorado moves a veteran who has been displaced, gets a young winger who helps replace Chris Stewart

To Phoenix: Tyler Ennis
To Buffalo: Kyle Turris
(+.5 against the cap, BUT saves about 1-1.5 million next year with Ennis being a RFA)

Basically a swap of struggling young players. Turris gets his wish and gets out of Phoenix, Ennis goes someplace where he isn't fighting Vanek and Leino for ice time

To Anaheim: Jordan Leopold
To Buffalo: Toni Lydman

A swap for veteran d-men. Cap is the same

New lineup:

Vanek-Statsny-Pomniville
Leino-Roy-Kassian
Hecht-Turris-McCormick
Gerbe-Gaustaud-Kaleta

Myers-Sekera
Lydman-Regehr (PK/Shutdown pairing)
Weber-Ehrhoff (or McNabb-Ehrhoff)

Gragnani

Miller
Enroth
What did you do with Luke Adam?

As apprehensive as I'd be about trading for a guy who currently has a thread titled "Why Does He Suck Now?" on his team's board, I'd do that package for Stastny. I think the Avs would want to recoup a 1st rounder that they gave up for Varly.

I don't like the Ennis-for-Turris deal. What has Turris done to make his value equivalent to Ennis? Ennis is the better player right now, and Turris hurt his value with his temper-tantrum holdout earlier this season. If PHX would take a 2nd rounder + one of our surplus defensemen (Brennan/Schiestel), I'd probably go for that. But Tyler Ennis? Nah. That's overkill.

I'd love Lydman back, but I don't think Anaheim would do that type of deal. I'd imagine they'd want young players/picks. How's about Weber+?

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 09:27 AM
Myllz
Pavelski Lite

Lydman - Regehr is just unfair.

Myllz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 09:28 AM
ADoubleD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECRET SQUIRREL View Post
I have heard many of things from friends who work at the arena man, just trust me on this... but I'm gonna assume its not good enough for you so why dont you take Paul Hamilton's word on it. He reports on the team and is with them every day and has said/referenced it numerous times.

Anyways, I would love to trade him for either of the packages that Richards and Carter got, sign me up...
Alright I'll take your word for it, I did say I didn't think it couldn't be true.

I'm not sure if Roy could get them exactly what Richards and Carter got Philly, but I'd have to think he could get them something close. I don't think a center prospect with high end potential and a solid roster player are out of the question. Although I don't know if they could get a young player with upside like Voracek or Simmonds on top of that center prospect.

ADoubleD is offline   Reply With Quote