HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Players stick tapping

Old
02-04-2013, 09:15 PM
beerme1

vCash: 500
Players stick tapping

This happened two or three times during the Panthers game and I was not able to figure why they were tapping their sticks. Kind of like after a fight except it wasn't after a fight. Players on the bench were banging the boards with their sticks and the guys on the ice were tapping them.
Anyone know what was up?

beerme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 09:18 PM
DJN21

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerme1 View Post
This happened two or three times during the Panthers game and I was not able to figure why they were tapping their sticks. Kind of like after a fight except it wasn't after a fight. Players on the bench were banging the boards with their sticks and the guys on the ice were tapping them.
Anyone know what was up?
?Cheering a play and/or player on??

DJN21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 09:24 PM
LaxSabre

vCash: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerme1 View Post
This happened two or three times during the Panthers game and I was not able to figure why they were tapping their sticks. Kind of like after a fight except it wasn't after a fight. Players on the bench were banging the boards with their sticks and the guys on the ice were tapping them. Anyone know what was up?
Each game the Sabres take a couple of minutes to honor someone from the miltary who just got back from doing their duty overseas. This happens during the first or second TV timeout of the first period. They introduced them in front of the crowd and the guy/gal stand up from their seat in the 100 Level. The crowd gives the guy/gal an ovation while players on both teams - whether they are on the ice or on the bench, tap/bang their sticks.

This only happens once a game so I'm not sure what the other times were when the players would tap/bang their sticks - minus it being after a fight of course. (I was at Sundays game unfortunately - couldn't get rid of my seats because of the Super Bowl - and I can't remember any other announcement or thing happening where the players bang/tap their sticks.)

Last edited by LaxSabre: 02-04-2013 at 09:33 PM.
LaxSabre is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 09:25 PM
DJN21

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaxSabre View Post
Each game the Sabres take a couple of minutes to honor someone from the miltary who just got back from serving time. They introduced them in front of the crowd - this happens during the first or second tv timeout of the first period. The crowd gives the guy/gal an ovation while players on both teams - whether they are on the ice or on the bench, tap/bang their sticks. This only happens once a game so I'm not sure what the other two times where the players tap/bang their sticks - minus it being after a fight.
how long has this been going on? i havent gone to a game yet this season mind you..

DJN21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 09:35 PM
beerme1

I'm aware of the military salute. That happened once as always. But for some reason Sunday was three times I think. And it happened at odd times. No fight. No player recognition that I was aware of. Although they did announce a Sabre making his 100th game or point or something but they didn't do it then. So I feel I missed something that happened right in front of me.

Old
02-04-2013, 09:40 PM
Revelate

Once for the military salute.

Once for McCormick leaving the box.

Once for Scott leaving the box.

Revelate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 09:47 PM
beerme1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelate View Post
Once for the military salute.

Once for McCormick leaving the box.

Once for Scott leaving the box.
Thank you!

Old
02-04-2013, 10:21 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJN21 View Post
how long has this been going on? i havent gone to a game yet this season mind you..
They have honored returning troops for many years now. If not EVERY single home game, and least 90% of them. It's a great thing and the crowd is awesome during the salute.

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote