HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Powerfoot

Old
09-28-2015, 10:51 AM
Mickaleen

vCash: 500
Powerfoot

http://adrenalinedesign.ca/wp-conten...aline-logo.png

Anyone hear of this? Thoughts?

Mickaleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2015, 11:19 AM
Mickaleen

http://adrenalinedesign.ca/product/a...senior-medium/

Correct link.

Old
09-29-2015, 06:52 AM
American in Paris

If you want to improve your skating performance, spend your money on more ice time during which you should practice edge drills (see youtube) and do one-legged balance/squat exercises 2-3X/day. If you do both of those regularly for 6 months your performance will improve dramatically.

As for the insert, maybe it could better adapt the footbed to the shape of your foot. I know some people swear by Superfeet. But it's just going to be a comfort thing.

American in Paris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2015, 09:48 AM
Saved

vCash: 50
Are those the foam things that go on the underside of the toe cap, i.e so your toes are pressing against them when you flex them up? If so, I have a friend who sucked at skating and bought them, and he still sucks at skating.

Saved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2015, 10:50 AM
Mickaleen

Yeah, I was just curious if anyone knew anything about them. Interesting concept.

Old
09-29-2015, 11:31 AM
damack

Looks like a few have tried them http://modsquadhockey.com/forums/ind...mance-inserts/

I just ordered some out of pure curiosity. Pretty overpriced for a piece of foam with doublesided tape on it, but I'm entirely too lazy to do it myself.

Last edited by damack: 09-29-2015 at 11:36 AM.
damack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2015, 11:56 AM
Mickaleen

Quote:
Originally Posted by damack View Post
Looks like a few have tried them http://modsquadhockey.com/forums/ind...mance-inserts/

I just ordered some out of pure curiosity. Pretty overpriced for a piece of foam with doublesided tape on it, but I'm entirely too lazy to do it myself.
I just did the same.

Old
09-30-2015, 07:38 AM
jazzykat

Quote:
Originally Posted by American in Paris View Post
I know some people swear by Superfeet. But it's just going to be a comfort thing.
Superfeet have improved my outside edge work and have alleviated my knee pain. They partially correct the poor alignment of my joints caused by my flat feet. I wouldn't say it is is just a comfort thing.

jazzykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2015, 05:04 PM
Saved

I went and picked up a pair (Figure 8/Hockey One in Ottawa) as I was curious to see if it would actually help - I'm a fairly advanced skater so I figured if it did anything, I would be able to tell better than some people.

It works. Enough said. I'm usually one of the better, if not the best skater on the ice when I play. I'm usually complimented on my skating quite often, "how effortless you look" "holy how do you skate so fast" etc.

But today I tried it out and I noticed I was getting more power into my strides. My skates were pretty dull as they were (and uneven edges), and I wasn't expecting a good skate. I just had time to get to the rink after class, no time to sharpen. But I put those expensive little foam pads into the toe box and bam, immediate difference.

Old
09-30-2015, 05:49 PM
daddyohsix
Herding Cats

I've used something somewhat similar to it for a couple of seasons (but a full length footbed), but have since switched back to superfeet.

It was excellent at locking my foot into the boot of the skate. Loved it at the time.

But I found that it was a bit "squishy", such that I was losing the explosiveness of my initial strides.

With the superfeet, I find that the power of the leg motion transfers more directly to the skate.

So now I will give these a try, because if I can get the power of the superfeet with the locked in feeling of the squishies, that would be great.

daddyohsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2015, 05:56 PM
FLYLine27*
BUCH

This whole thread seems like a big advertisement with fake responses.

FLYLine27* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2015, 06:39 PM
Saved

Flyline24, seriously it does. I admit that. But it actually works. Try it yourself but getting some thick memory foam and try that in your skate. That should really help and cost no money. I am not trying to sell the product, get whatever is cheapest and locks your foot down.

Old
10-01-2015, 12:59 PM
Mickaleen

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine24 View Post
This whole thread seems like a big advertisement with fake responses.
Im definitely not a plant for the company. Saw something about it on Hockeytutorials FB page and thought it was an interesting concept. I appreciate all the responses though.

Old
10-18-2015, 11:29 AM
damack

So I played my first game with them last night. Call it placebo, wishful thinking, dementia or whatever but I felt like my stride was noticeably more powerful. I was tracking down opposing players on the backcheck like I never have before. Maybe I was just having a good night and it might be complete bunk but I'll take it.

Last edited by damack: 10-18-2015 at 01:56 PM.
Old
10-18-2015, 01:42 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
So your toes are elevated?

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2015, 01:55 PM
damack

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tikkanen View Post
So your toes are elevated?
No, it goes on the underside of the top of the toe cap, filling the dead space above your toes. It just keeps your toes flat against the bottom of the skate.

Old
10-19-2015, 11:48 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by damack View Post
No, it goes on the underside of the top of the toe cap, filling the dead space above your toes. It just keeps your toes flat against the bottom of the skate.
Oh, I see, interesting, never really put any thought into my toes moving around a lot during play.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2015, 12:17 PM
damack

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tikkanen View Post
Oh, I see, interesting, never really put any thought into my toes moving around a lot during play.
Me neither, but when I did I found I was always curling my toes. I still don't know why that's a bad thing. All I do know is in a sample size of one game, my stride felt more powerful after putting the Powerfeet in. Maybe I just had a good game, but it was noticeably different.

Old
10-27-2015, 11:28 PM
flyers10

I've used them the past several months. I always hated the high toe boxes in skates. My foot is locked in everywhere but my toes. After using skates like Makos and VH Footwear where the tongue goes all the way down I got an even more appreciation for a product like this. Sure you could make something yourself but I'm lazy and most people are as well. To me $20 is worth it given that I'll spend $250 on sticks or $5 on a Starbucks coffee that will only last me 5 minutes. I don't know if I skate any better with them in but the skates feel better on my feet and mentally that is a big plus for me. My MX3s now feel more like my Mako/VH did in that area with no negative space from heel to toe.

flyers10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2016, 10:25 PM
MikeBoyarchuk

Hey Boys...

Full disclosure I do work for Adrenaline Sport Innovation the company behind the POWERFOOT. And I agree this thread looks "fake" but you should check out the one on Modsquad... lol

I too was not impressed with the idea when I first heard of it in the dressing room from the founder who I play with occasionally. Took me 2 months to finally give it a go and well.. shortly after I quite my job to join the company. It really is a product you need to try to see the impact it can have. It also comes with a full 30 day guarantee so that helps if you're on the fence.

Some time has past since this thread was active, the POWERFOOT has just been picked up by Hockey Monkey and Parani's and is already in IW as well as 70+ retail store in Canada.

Let me know if any of you have any questions about the POWERFOOT or feedback from trying it for yourself we'd love to hear from you.

MikeBoyarchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2017, 02:28 AM
bardown23
Live for hockey

I love the idea behind these and the comfort is great for about 30 minutes until my feet start killing me. I don't have the shim applied. Is it just that my skates toe box is already a snug fit?

bardown23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2017, 06:25 PM
jazzykat

Quote:
Originally Posted by American in Paris View Post
If you want to improve your skating performance, spend your money on more ice time during which you should practice edge drills (see youtube) and do one-legged balance/squat exercises 2-3X/day. If you do both of those regularly for 6 months your performance will improve dramatically.

As for the insert, maybe it could better adapt the footbed to the shape of your foot. I know some people swear by Superfeet. But it's just going to be a comfort thing.
Regarding superfeet, if you have super flat feet, they do help align your foot correctly with the rest of your body. My edge control improved and my knee pain disappeared so it was definitely more comfortable because pain went away but also performance (for me). THey are over the counter arch supports. I could spend a small fortune and have custom ones made for my skates but they work well enough for $50.

jazzykat is offline   Reply With Quote