HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Took one off the Ankle last week..

Closed Thread

Old
06-03-2016, 12:31 PM
MD56

vCash: 500
Took one off the Ankle last week..

Took a HARD shot off the outside of the leg last Wednesday. Hit just behind where my shin guard covers. Woke up the next day with a huge knot on the outside of my leg and some swelling down my ankle and into my foot (which was a little strange). Anyway, a week later it's still sore as hell but I dont think i'm "injured". I can walk fine, and I can skate as long as I add a little padding between my boot and the knot.

So that's my question, any tips for protecting a beat up foot / ankle / leg so that you can still skate?

Played in a game last night with an Ace bandage wrapped around the sore area. It took a while to get comfortable but eventually I was able to ignore the soreness and play through. The problem was actually after the game when I took my skate off, I think the ace bandage may have put to much pressure on my leg and cut the circulation off a bit.

Old
06-03-2016, 01:19 PM
FissionFire

See a doctor? If it's bothering you enough to be concerned about it a week later best to get it treated medically. Too many possible things it could be ranging from minor to serious to just guess.

Old
06-03-2016, 01:26 PM
FLYLine27
BrassGod

Probably going to lose the ankle IMO. But i'm not a doctor.

Old
06-03-2016, 01:51 PM
Patmac40
BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME

Yeah I'd get it checked out. Other than that, to play with it I'd wrap it pretty heavily (not overly tight) for protection. If it bothers you while you have it taped like that then I wouldn't be skating on it right now and just take care of your ankle until you can skate comfortably.

Old
07-01-2016, 08:45 PM
beerleaguevet

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD56 View Post
Took a HARD shot off the outside of the leg last Wednesday. Hit just behind where my shin guard covers. Woke up the next day with a huge knot on the outside of my leg and some swelling down my ankle and into my foot (which was a little strange). Anyway, a week later it's still sore as hell but I dont think i'm "injured". I can walk fine, and I can skate as long as I add a little padding between my boot and the knot.

So that's my question, any tips for protecting a beat up foot / ankle / leg so that you can still skate?

Played in a game last night with an Ace bandage wrapped around the sore area. It took a while to get comfortable but eventually I was able to ignore the soreness and play through. The problem was actually after the game when I took my skate off, I think the ace bandage may have put to much pressure on my leg and cut the circulation off a bit.
If you can walk fine and skate fine with some padding in your boot, you are 100% not "injured". Injured is separating your shoulder, breaking your wrist, pulling your groin.... etc...

You my friend have an "OWIE".

OWIE's happen when you play hockey. If owie's didn't happen we'd all skate around holding hands in no slap shot leagues, and have group hugs after the game.

I hate OWIE'S too.... hope it doesn't turn into an injury!

Old
07-01-2016, 09:35 PM
AIREAYE

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerleaguevet View Post
If you can walk fine and skate fine with some padding in your boot, you are 100% not "injured". Injured is separating your shoulder, breaking your wrist, pulling your groin.... etc...

You my friend have an "OWIE".

OWIE's happen when you play hockey. If owie's didn't happen we'd all skate around holding hands in no slap shot leagues, and have group hugs after the game.

I hate OWIE'S too.... hope it doesn't turn into an injury!
Garbage posts like this is why I close these threads...

Also, I close these threads if the answer seems to be an obvious "Go see a professional" sort.

Closed Thread