HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

HockeyGiant/ Hockey Shops in Virginia

Old
05-21-2015, 02:36 PM
Maccas

vCash: 833
HockeyGiant/ Hockey Shops in Virginia

Evening guys/gals.
In June I am heading over to the USA for a hockey tournament. I will be playing in Fairfax Virginia and while I was over there I was hoping to replace a few bits of my kit. I noticed there is a Hockey Giant in Sterling (about 20miles away) but was curious if there is anyone on here from the area that can suggest anywhere to go. I am looking at replacing my Lid, Shorts and maybe Shoulder pads. Looking at their website even with Tax things seem so much cheaper over there than in the UK!
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Maccas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2015, 06:53 PM
cptjeff
[insert joke here]

vCash: 500
Total Hockey is worth checking out- there's one in Sterling and one in Rockville MD. But Hockey Giant will have everything, and good prices on everything. Just go there.

cptjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2015, 03:38 AM
Maccas

Thanks Jeff, I should have a good amount of free time while I am out there (got 12 days there) so I'll try and have a look in both. I do like to support the independents/ little guys when possible though.

Old
05-24-2015, 08:10 PM
cptjeff
[insert joke here]

Total Hockey isn't exactly a little guy. Stores in 7 metro areas, and they're a major retailer online. Not as big as Hockey Giant, but there are no mom and pop hockey stores in the DC area.

cptjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2015, 10:26 AM
itsjustsurvival
The Revisionist

I like that you can try out sticks at Total Hockey, but I find the guys at Hockey Giant have been much more helpful. Usually stop by both since they are so close together but buy from Hockey Giant.

itsjustsurvival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2015, 12:35 PM
Maccas

Thanks for the input guys, I was originally looking at just replacing some of my protective gear but after a weekend long coaching course which involved a lot of shooting it turns out that my current sticks may not be particularly well suited to me. With the massive price difference I think I may have a look at picking up a couple while I am out there so the ability to try them could really come in handy.
Cheers!

Old
06-01-2015, 04:22 PM
Hugh Madbrough

They are only about 10 mins apart, I prefer total hockey but both shops are good.

Hugh Madbrough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2015, 08:53 PM
Devil Dancer

I prefer Total Hockey. I've gotten better service there, and they have a simulated ice surface and test sticks you can try.

Devil Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2015, 01:27 PM
Maccas

Again thankyou guys, Your input is really appreciated.
I think I will pop into Total Hockey first, the ability to try the sticks could be really handy plus if you guys are saying you've had better service from them then that makes me more likely to lean on them as I want what will suit me better rather than what they want to sell, hopefully they'll be supportive of a confused British guy!
Looking at their site they really are trying to shift the older Warrior sticks so that may be my best option.
Thanks all!