HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who's going to win the labor-management war?

Closed Thread

Old
09-21-2004, 07:40 PM
Jean Beliveau

vCash: 500
Who's going to win the labor-management war?

Listen up to Brian Burke's analysis: "The owners will lose $240 million (in a lockout season) instead of the $300 million they'd lose (over the course of a normal season). Players will lose $1.2 billion if they don't play."

It seems pretty obvious to me that the players have much more to lose if this lockout wipes out the entire year.

Old
09-21-2004, 08:59 PM
Moester

Send a message via AIM to Moester Send a message via MSN to Moester
Like in every war even though one side might end up getting what they want. Nodoby wins especially not those stuck in the middle. Which in this conflict is us and the people who rely on hockey to make their living. I'm not talking about the players, but the regular guys who keep things going and does everything but play the sport.

Old
09-21-2004, 09:09 PM
FF de Mars

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Beliveau
Listen up to Brian Burke's analysis: "The owners will lose $240 million (in a lockout season) instead of the $300 million they'd lose (over the course of a normal season). Players will lose $1.2 billion if they don't play."

It seems pretty obvious to me that the players have much more to lose if this lockout wipes out the entire year.
The fans?

Old
09-22-2004, 12:15 PM
Darz

The players, the owners, the fans and the game will all lose!

Old
09-22-2004, 12:48 PM
NWT Habs Fan

The FANS...couldn't agree more.

I would also add: the 1000 part-time Bell Centre workers who are now out of work, the employees of arenas and hockey teams across the league, the bar/restaurant owners and staff who rely on said business, hotels near the rinks, the tv channels and staff who will lose ad revenues/real programming/jobs...but most of all the FANS. They are all innocent victims of a total lack of willingness of both sides to work together for the common good of the NHL, the NHLPA, and all those above in my list.

Closed Thread