HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oscar Moller

Old
12-09-2011, 11:51 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicman View Post
What are you Lombardiís dad?

Because a fan would actually check his facts.

Holloway was drafted in the 3rd round, 86th of 213. I wouldn't call that "Late Rounds" when the draft is 6 rounds and 213 players deep.

And when Williams went down, they called up Moller. Who BTW is 5th in team scoring, and Holloway is 1st.

As far as developing a prospect, Holloway led Manchester in regular season and playoff scoring not once but 2 seasons in a row.

As far as Holloway leaving, his agent asked Lombardi where his client was on the depth chart before he bailed to Sweden.

At some point in time you realize the idiot running the club isn't gonna give you a shot, period.
He may have, but that's mostly because Moller wasn't there. In 2009-2010, Holloway led the Monarchs with 47 points, but Mollar had 33 in 43 games. That's a pace for 58 points over 75 games (the same number as what Holloway played).

The same thing the next year (last year). Holloway had 61 points in 78 games, Mollar 50 in 59. Mollar was on pace for 66 points in 78 games.

Not disputing you at all that Holloway should have got a cup of coffee, I think he was robbed there too, but don't act like Holloway's dad and misrepresent things. If he had played on the Monarch's all season like Holloway did, Moller would be the leading scorer both years.

Btw, you're the first person I heard say the agent contacted the Kings about Holloway's place on the depth charts before leaving for Europe. Have a link to this?

kingsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 01:00 PM
Magicman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
He may have, but that's mostly because Moller wasn't there. In 2009-2010, Holloway led the Monarchs with 47 points, but Mollar had 33 in 43 games. That's a pace for 58 points over 75 games (the same number as what Holloway played).

The same thing the next year (last year). Holloway had 61 points in 78 games, Mollar 50 in 59. Mollar was on pace for 66 points in 78 games.

Not disputing you at all that Holloway should have got a cup of coffee, I think he was robbed there too, but don't act like Holloway's dad and misrepresent things. If he had played on the Monarch's all season like Holloway did, Moller would be the leading scorer both years.

Btw, you're the first person I heard say the agent contacted the Kings about Holloway's place on the depth charts before leaving for Europe. Have a link to this?
Here's an old Lombardi quote.

"In Holloway, we were talking at the deadline, we almost called him up. Now, is he ready to be a regular? But, when Justin Williams went down, he (Holloway) got himself on the board, where we had National Hockey League people saying 'You know what, let's give him a shot.' And that's how close he's starting to come along. Now, to go to Europe? It's mind-boggling to me, other than the money's so much different. So, you go over there and you earn $120-grand, or 120-Euros or whatever, it's tax free. You get a car and an apartment. There is a big gap, you know. But, usually the guys who do that...are 26-27 (years old) and they've kind of already been labeled as 'minor league players' and maybe a 'call-up.' But, when you're dealing with 22-year olds, this is mind-boggling - for these kids, where their whole dream was to play in the (NHL)."

Firstly not a Holloway honk, just that when your AHL statistical leader after 2 seasons isn't given a shot. And when the guy called up in the past didn't produce it sends a message.

Which could be interpreted, Hey you are close, keep working. Or, sorry for your luck, Fredo.

IMO
His BS explanation blaming money and putting money in front of NHL dreams, is just that BS.

I have no specific link, only what I was told/know/opinion, take your pick.

But what is no doubt is that he was going into an off season where he was an RFA and one could assume Lombardi and Holloways agent talked, at least once.

Knowing that portion of the game and specifically how agents and players interact. IMO when the call up didn't happen Holloway was on the phone to his agent once he heard he it was Moller and not him. The agent called Lombardi, that's when they spoke.

That was the moment Holloway decided he was a goner in LA.

Go back up and re-read this portion very careful

"In Holloway, we were talking at the deadline, we almost called him up. Now, is he ready to be a regular? But, when Justin Williams went down, he (Holloway) got himself on the board"

Which board, would that be the NHL depth board Lombardi and all other GM's have.

Close enough?

Magicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 02:51 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicman View Post
Here's an old Lombardi quote.

"In Holloway, we were talking at the deadline, we almost called him up. Now, is he ready to be a regular? But, when Justin Williams went down, he (Holloway) got himself on the board, where we had National Hockey League people saying 'You know what, let's give him a shot.' And that's how close he's starting to come along. Now, to go to Europe? It's mind-boggling to me, other than the money's so much different. So, you go over there and you earn $120-grand, or 120-Euros or whatever, it's tax free. You get a car and an apartment. There is a big gap, you know. But, usually the guys who do that...are 26-27 (years old) and they've kind of already been labeled as 'minor league players' and maybe a 'call-up.' But, when you're dealing with 22-year olds, this is mind-boggling - for these kids, where their whole dream was to play in the (NHL)."

Firstly not a Holloway honk, just that when your AHL statistical leader after 2 seasons isn't given a shot. And when the guy called up in the past didn't produce it sends a message.

Which could be interpreted, Hey you are close, keep working. Or, sorry for your luck, Fredo.

IMO
His BS explanation blaming money and putting money in front of NHL dreams, is just that BS.

I have no specific link, only what I was told/know/opinion, take your pick.

But what is no doubt is that he was going into an off season where he was an RFA and one could assume Lombardi and Holloways agent talked, at least once.

Knowing that portion of the game and specifically how agents and players interact. IMO when the call up didn't happen Holloway was on the phone to his agent once he heard he it was Moller and not him. The agent called Lombardi, that's when they spoke.

That was the moment Holloway decided he was a goner in LA.

Go back up and re-read this portion very careful

"In Holloway, we were talking at the deadline, we almost called him up. Now, is he ready to be a regular? But, when Justin Williams went down, he (Holloway) got himself on the board"

Which board, would that be the NHL depth board Lombardi and all other GM's have.

Close enough?
So it's really all speculation on your part that Holloway asked where he was in the organization before he left, as it is that what DL said was BS?

I'm sure DL would twist things to cover his own butt a bit, but there's still no proof Holloway discussed the issue with DL first. Moller did and we know that because DL himself said so. If Holloway did as well, why wouldn't DL just say that?

kingsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 02:56 PM
HYORI 1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Lombardi likes Murray.
Murray like Moreau and look what happened?

HYORI 1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 03:20 PM
Magicman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
So it's really all speculation on your part that Holloway asked where he was in the organization before he left, as it is that what DL said was BS?

I'm sure DL would twist things to cover his own butt a bit, but there's still no proof Holloway discussed the issue with DL first. Moller did and we know that because DL himself said so. If Holloway did as well, why wouldn't DL just say that?
Did you actually read what I wrote.

Lombardi is quoted in his own words that Holloway hit the "Board" after the Williams injury.

And I never said Holloway asked, I said his agent asked.

Magicman is offline   Reply With Quote