HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

Video Games III

Closed Thread

Old
06-07-2012, 08:07 AM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Seems like the gear keeps getting better. Am I wrong, or are some of the encounters different too? I swear I fought some boss who I never saw before and I pretty much explore all mapped areas, so I couldn't have missed it on normal mode.

What are you guys doing with all your magic gear? I've been sharding anything I couldn't use, but so far, I see little value in the crafted items.

Old
06-07-2012, 09:41 AM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helpoing View Post
Blizzard disagrees
"The drop rates were tuned for a player who would never use the Auction House. For the majority of internal development we didn’t have an Auction House, we all played using our own drops only. I’ve personally leveled multiple characters from 1 to 60 internally before the game came out using only drops that I found – we all did."
Source

There's no real need for AH on softcore, because you can die a few times, decide that the area is too hard, go back and farm a previous zone, then continue with your progress. Or you can perform aggressive goblin runs without the fear of dying. On hardcore it is almost required to browse AH regularly.
Well, what's absent from that quote is the fact that none of the developers cleared inferno. And yes, it's impossible to do without the AH. Trust me, drop rates are way too low to farm effectively. This is coming from someone who's logged 100+ hours on the game, with easily half of that at level 60.

From Bashiok:
Quote:
We purposely launched the game with Inferno being far more difficult than what we were able to progress in ourselves, assuming people would find it as difficult but with a few skilled players able to pull it off, or the difficulty would simply help root out problem skills and builds that allowed flaw-filled progression possibilities.
Getting 1-60 is easy without the AH. Clearing even 1 Act of inferno is nearly impossible.

Old
06-07-2012, 10:21 AM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

I'm pretty disappointed in the replay value. Seriously....who has the will to play the same crap over and over and over again? I'll be good for 1 replay at nightmare, then more likely try a few different classes, but where's the lure to play it over and over again at higher levels?

Too much other good entertainment out there to do that.

Old
06-07-2012, 01:03 PM
Drake1588
UNATCO

So Vivendi is reportedly thinking of selling Activision Blizzard. Apparently because they hate money.

Old
06-07-2012, 01:11 PM
Cush
-inator

E3 has been pretty lackluster this year. Guess it shouldn't it be too surprising since new consoles will probably be introduced next year (except for the WII-U..which is looks lame)

Old
06-07-2012, 01:38 PM
Drake1588
UNATCO

Of the games I looked at on trailers, watch_dogs and The Last of Us look cool, and maybe Halo 4, and well... kind of thin after that. Tomb Raider becomes the umpteenth IP to try an origin story, and I'm not sure I like it.

The Star Wars bounty hunter game might be good, but then I thought that about Force Unleashed too, before we saw much of it.

It's a rich time for MMOs and RPGs. A bunch of MMOs are hawking expansions and content updates. Releases for Guild Wars 2 and Secret World are imminent. Elder Scrolls online is slowly leaking bits, though that one has to be a long way out.

Platform of show for me is PC. Sony and Microsoft are stretching their current gen and Nintendo is living off IPs I never liked and still don't like, because I'm not eight.

Old
06-07-2012, 01:45 PM
ChibiPooky
Caps/Avs/Bills fan

vCash: 50
Is anyone playing Diablo III on a low-end system who can speak to its playability? I have an old MacBook Pro that meets the hardware requirements (I'd need to upgrade my OS twice) but I'm not confident it'll run all that awesomely. My other option is building a new desktop PC, but that's way more expensive and would eat significantly into my hockey gear money.

Old
06-07-2012, 01:54 PM
Cush
-inator

Quote:

It's a rich time for MMOs and RPGs. A bunch of MMOs are hawking expansions and content updates. Releases for Guild Wars 2 and Secret World are imminent. Elder Scrolls online is slowly leaking bits, though that one has to be a long way out.
has the release date for Guild Wars 2 been slipping?

Old
06-07-2012, 02:30 PM
Drake1588
UNATCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cush View Post
has the release date for Guild Wars 2 been slipping?
Massively.com had an article posted yesterday with the devs.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/06...-date-specula/

Old
06-07-2012, 11:46 PM
Cush
-inator

lack of Vita info during Sony's presser was a bummer....yes, I actually have one. Assassins Creed Liberation looks like it could be cool.

Only games I've got for it so far
Dsigaea 3
Mortal kombat
MLB12 The Show
Valkyria Chornicles 2 (actually a PSP game that I was able to buy, d/l and transfer from my brothers ps3)

Last edited by Cush: 06-08-2012 at 12:03 AM.
Old
06-09-2012, 05:04 PM
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
Well, what's absent from that quote is the fact that none of the developers cleared inferno. And yes, it's impossible to do without the AH. Trust me, drop rates are way too low to farm effectively. This is coming from someone who's logged 100+ hours on the game, with easily half of that at level 60.

From Bashiok:

Getting 1-60 is easy without the AH. Clearing even 1 Act of inferno is nearly impossible.
Yeah, you are probably right about Inferno. You can get there without buying anything from the AH, but after that things get a lot more harder.

Speaking of Inferno, yesterday finally made it there with my 3rd HC char (1st died at lvl 42, 2nd - 59). On the way I had to face a champion pack of Opressors in Act 4 that featured such mods: Arcane, Frozen, Molten. I thought that my quest might end there, but in the end I managed to beat them. Now let's farm some goblins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
Is anyone playing Diablo III on a low-end system who can speak to its playability? I have an old MacBook Pro that meets the hardware requirements (I'd need to upgrade my OS twice) but I'm not confident it'll run all that awesomely. My other option is building a new desktop PC, but that's way more expensive and would eat significantly into my hockey gear money.
I play on my HP laptop with everything on Low and I can't say that I miss the flashy graphics. But you should consider that before D3 I was mostly playing D2, indie and old-school games.

Old
06-11-2012, 10:21 PM
Cush
-inator

Wasteland 2 Vision Document: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxMe...c28/edit?pli=1

Old
06-12-2012, 01:13 AM
LetsGoBears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
I use my MacBook: 2.53 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB of RAM and NVIDIA GeForce 9400M. I have everything set to low and I'm getting 30 fps, +/- 10 fps, depending on the surroundings. The latest patch made a dramatic difference in the performance. I haven't had an issue with unplayable fps since the patch and I couldn't say that before.

I've also done some research on DIII able PC machines and you can build something easily for $450-$500.

Old
06-12-2012, 08:55 AM
ChibiPooky
Caps/Avs/Bills fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBears View Post
I use my MacBook: 2.53 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB of RAM and NVIDIA GeForce 9400M. I have everything set to low and I'm getting 30 fps, +/- 10 fps, depending on the surroundings. The latest patch made a dramatic difference in the performance. I haven't had an issue with unplayable fps since the patch and I couldn't say that before.

I've also done some research on DIII able PC machines and you can build something easily for $450-$500.
Thanks, I have a very similar system. If you can run on low settings I'll give it a whirl.

Old
06-12-2012, 09:42 AM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Interesting...

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2012/0...oney-auctions/

Blizzard forces two-factor authentication for Diablo III real-money auctions
Players can use free smartphone app or $6.50 dongle.

Old
06-12-2012, 10:46 AM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
Interesting...

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2012/0...oney-auctions/

Blizzard forces two-factor authentication for Diablo III real-money auctions
Players can use free smartphone app or $6.50 dongle.
Heh. I was just talking to a buddy last week about how they were going to have to require authenticator for the RMAH. They don't want to get sued when people start losing money to the hacking.

Old
06-12-2012, 10:48 AM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Im interested to see if people really make much selling items....

Old
06-12-2012, 08:42 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

damn it...anyone else getting an 'Win-FINAL.mpq appears to be corrupt, you may need to download again', message on D3? w t f

Old
06-16-2012, 01:44 PM
Cush
-inator

guess there's already talk of SWTOR going to a F2P model. I ended up cancelling before the first month was up so I was never charged for the subscription. Decided I was going to wait for significant updates, now I just might wait a bit longer to see what they do

Old
06-24-2012, 07:16 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Just got through Quantum Conundrum. Short, but very fun. Good job keeping the feel of Portal, adding new variety via the different mechanics, but IMO not falling into the trap of getting too repetitive.

Old
06-24-2012, 07:31 PM
Marshall
Too right, man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brs03 View Post
Just got through Quantum Conundrum. Short, but very fun. Good job keeping the feel of Portal, adding new variety via the different mechanics, but IMO not falling into the trap of getting too repetitive.
Good to hear - just started it Friday, will pick it back up tomorrow. Took me awhile to place the voice-talent (won't say who, not hard to find out).

Old
06-24-2012, 08:13 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

I thought it was a nice touch, yeah. Writing isn't up to par with Portal, obviously (not the same writers) but it more than gets the job done.

Old
06-25-2012, 08:33 AM
ChibiPooky
Caps/Avs/Bills fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBears View Post

D3 is running and playable for me, thanks!

Started with a wizard, just hit lvl 20... had trouble initially as in past iterations weapon dmg didn't affect wizard/sorcerer spells, but in D3 it does lol. Enjoying the class but may start a new one soon.

Old
06-27-2012, 05:30 PM
Cush
-inator

Mech Warrior Online closed beta:

Old
07-05-2012, 06:20 PM
Cush
-inator

Closed Thread