HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

Video Games III

Closed Thread

Old
02-15-2012, 10:18 AM
yay

vCash: 500
Am I the only one who thinks Bioware has started focusing too much on voices, in-game-romances, choices, etc ,and not enough on the items you spent the most amount of time doing (and are most important to the whole game), such as inventory, skills, combat?

Got really bored with ME2, thought SWTOR was incredibly boring and poorly designed... Have 0 interest at this point in any of their games.

Old
02-15-2012, 10:29 AM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner View Post
Yeah I was pretty disappointed with the opening. Holding onto hope that it's just the opening for the demo, but I doubt it.
ME2 demo opening was the same as the regular games.
Given that the demo levels were being shown off quite some time ago (E3?) I'm holding out hope that they're simplified or early versions of what's in the final game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yay View Post
Am I the only one who thinks Bioware has started focusing too much on voices, in-game-romances, choices, etc ,and not enough on the items you spent the most amount of time doing (and are most important to the whole game), such as inventory, skills, combat?

Got really bored with ME2, thought SWTOR was incredibly boring and poorly designed... Have 0 interest at this point in any of their games.
They're just focusing on their strengths, for better or worse.

Old
02-15-2012, 10:35 AM
Cush
-inator

hope this guy is back

Old
02-15-2012, 01:30 PM
Cush
-inator

I have yet to finish Skyrim......and now I want to go through ME2 again

It's a shame they never fixed the bug with Conrad (the annoying fan), he always acted like you were a **** to him in ME1, even if you went the paragon route

Old
02-16-2012, 04:50 PM
Carlzner
Who's Zed?

Latest NHL12 update... my god the makers of this game are Leaf fans.

Ovie is down to 91, behind like 15 other players in the game.
Semin down to 85, with 85's in slap shot and wrist shot...

Kessel up to 90 and Lupul up to 87 (Backstrom still at 87. )

At least they finally switched Gomez from a 85 to an 80.

Old
02-16-2012, 11:23 PM
Cush
-inator

Gotta admit, MP in the ME3 demo isn't too bad. You just need to play a few rounds to figure it out.

Old
02-17-2012, 12:57 PM
Cush
-inator

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012...r-wasteland-2/

Quote:
Brian Fargo Turning To Kickstarter For Wasteland 2

At this rate, everybody will soon see their favourite developer starting some kicks or kicking some starters. Brian Fargo, creator of Wasteland, the game that launched a thousand Fallouts, has espied the queue of well-regarded figures approaching their adoring audience cap in hand and is now seeking a cap of his own. Itíll be a comically large bit of headwear as he wants to cram at least a million dollars into it, which is the estimated cost of funding a Wasteland sequel

Old
02-20-2012, 01:15 PM
Cush
-inator

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/4..._in_2_days.php

Quote:
The PC version of Remedy's Alan Wake, released last week, managed to recoup its development and marketing expenses during the first 48 hours on sale.

Old
02-22-2012, 10:15 AM
Liberati0n
Full Hammock

vCash: 50
Did anyone else see that there's now a tool to change the date of the game in EHM 2007?

Old
02-22-2012, 10:19 AM
itsjustsurvival
The Revisionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonsofcain View Post
Did anyone else see that there's now a tool to change the date of the game in EHM 2007?
Yeah, pretty sweet. I can't believe I have had that game since launch and regularly play it still. Such a good game.

Old
02-22-2012, 10:20 AM
The Flying Finn

Oh man, some great memories! http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=qnOJ8GnheXc

Old
02-22-2012, 10:27 AM
itsjustsurvival
The Revisionist

Quote:

I always end up tweaking ratings when I play GM mode. And I rarely play as the Caps online for versus. So that doesn't bother me too much.

However, I agree. I wish someone would come up with a way to better rate players. Semin is a great example with the problem I have with ratings. He has an elite shot, but because of other factors his shooting will reduced to lower his overall rating. Oh well.

Old
02-22-2012, 04:15 PM
sycamore

Anyone care about the new Sony PSVITA? Certainly being hyped to death. Reviews have been positively glowing. I'm not touching it, however -- I've always been dissapointed by portable gaming devices.

Old
02-22-2012, 05:03 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Maybe if I still traveled for work as much, but probably still no. I do think the cloud feature is cool. PLay at home, play on the handheld with the same saved game data.

Old
02-22-2012, 05:23 PM
Cush
-inator

excellent rant on DLC (beware of spoilers)

https://beta.guildwars2.com/

Old
02-22-2012, 09:58 PM
LetsGoBears

Quote:
Originally Posted by khuddle View Post
Anyone care about the new Sony PSVITA? Certainly being hyped to death. Reviews have been positively glowing. I'm not touching it, however -- I've always been dissapointed by portable gaming devices.
Just read a handful of reviews and being 7 years later after the PSP, Sony didn't seem to up the game much. PSVITA only memory card that start at $25 because there is no internal storage on the base $250 price is a big no for me to begin with. Having to quit a game to use the internet seems like junk for current technology. The biggest thing I wanted to know is do I have to buy two different versions of a game for $60 and what looks like base $50 PSVITA games to have the seamless playing? No way in hell I'm dropping $110 per game for that. Not to mention I would be playing games I prefer to play on 360. I wouldn't buy it from what I just read.

Old
02-22-2012, 10:29 PM
Carlzner
Who's Zed?

The new SSX Demo came out a few days ago, i enjoyed it. Looks to be very linear though, unfortunately. I was hoping for some free range action, instead of a more path approach. (There are about 10 locations, 3 mountains in each location, and then a couple specific trails that you have to follow on each mountain)
I was one of the few who liked Shaun White Snowboarding simply because i could just relax and ride down a mountain... during summer

Also news for anyone with a mac (me)
Empire: Total War is coming to mac this spring. One of 2 computer games that i really want (the other is EHM 2007, which is basically impossible to find for mac) Here's the official website for the Mac version:
http://www.feralinteractive.com/?game=empire

Old
02-22-2012, 10:44 PM
i2edAlien

Quote:

The game is made in VANCOUVER. If anything they hate on the Leafs. And why are you surprised? Those two are not producing to everyone's expectations of them. Albeit Semin is been playing pretty well since Hunter took over but that overall it's been a pretty horrid year for them.

For the record, Semin's shot should at least be in the low to mid 90s if not mid to high. They should probably just bomb his poise to lower his overall.

Old
02-22-2012, 10:48 PM
LetsGoBears

Quote:
Originally Posted by i2edAlien View Post
The game is made in VANCOUVER. If anything they hate on the Leafs. And why are you surprised? Those two are not producing to everyone's expectations of them. Albeit Semin is been playing pretty well since Hunter took over but that overall it's been a pretty horrid year for them.

For the record, Semin's shot should at least be in the low to mid 90s if not mid to high. They should probably just bomb his poise to lower his overall.
Lupul and Kessel that close to Backstrom is a joke. His point of the overall system is spot on too. Semin's wrist shot numbers should be in the top five. His slapshot should probably be in the 90's too.

Old
02-22-2012, 10:51 PM
Carlzner
Who's Zed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by i2edAlien View Post

I realize that but i don't think theres a doubt Ovechkin is still one of the most talented players in the world.
When they have Bobby ****ing Ryan 1 overall point behind Ovechkin........ come on now.

And they boosted Crosby to a 94 even though he's been hurt. I just don't get it.

Don't have a problem with Semin's overall, but his shot should definitely be in the 90s.

Old
02-22-2012, 10:53 PM
LetsGoBears

So a five point game once a year is worth an extra point or two, nice!

Old
02-23-2012, 06:57 PM
Carlzner
Who's Zed?

Well... reading around it looks like you get a **** load more benefits in ME3 if you've fully completed ME1 and 2... Looks like im going to replay them... starting right now. Going with a Paragon Vanguard.

Old
02-24-2012, 10:37 PM
Cush
-inator

Quote:
Well... reading around it looks like you get a **** load more benefits in ME3 if you've fully completed ME1 and 2... Looks like im going to replay them... starting right now. Going with a Paragon Vanguard.
Infiltrator. Max out sniper rifles and watch the heads pop

Old
02-24-2012, 11:04 PM
Carlzner
Who's Zed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cush View Post
Infiltrator. Max out sniper rifles and watch the heads pop
Really dislike sniping in ME1.
Loved Infiltrator in ME3 Demo though, so who knows. This is my 2nd playthrough (as a vanguard), first was a Soldier. I'd be thrilled to do a 3-game playthrough will all 6 classes.
We'll see.

Old
02-25-2012, 08:25 AM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
Really dislike sniping in ME1.
Loved Infiltrator in ME3 Demo though, so who knows. This is my 2nd playthrough (as a vanguard), first was a Soldier. I'd be thrilled to do a 3-game playthrough will all 6 classes.
We'll see.
Just change classes at the start of ME2. Doubt 3 will give you that option, but at least you can partially mix and match to take advantage of the differences between games.

Closed Thread