HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

* Board Rules * READ THIS FIRST * Please Review *

Old
08-09-2010, 06:38 AM
Cowbell232

vCash: 500
* Board Rules * READ THIS FIRST * Please Review *

First of all, each and every rule in the HFBoards Site Rules applies over these rules. Every user agrees to them when you join, and yes, the can change at any time. They are available to you here: HF Site Rules.

Now that that is out of the way, we will move to some more specific Devils Board reminders:

The goal of any message board is two fold. 1) To have earnest discussion about the topic at hand, and 2) to grow in size. Be nice to people and both will be easier to accomplish.

There are five Devils board moderators, along with a slew of global moderators and admins that may moderate any posts at their discretion. If you are not one of these people, you are not a moderator. If someone posts something against the rules, either report it or ignore it. The same goes for threads that are duplicates or that belong in another thread. If you politely point out that there is a thread for that discussion it can be helpful but THIS DOES NOT MEAN EVERYONE SHOULD DO THAT. One person doing this is enough, after the first it's annoying and will drive people away. Basically, don't play moderator.

The vast majority of users want an 'uncluttered' board. Try to search for threads pertaining to what you wish to talk about before creating threads. There are also several 'catch all' threads for you to use. There are several in the 'stickies' alone, including:
  • Yearly AHL / ECHL Prospects and Team Information
  • Yearly AHL / ECHL Prospects and Team Discussion
  • Yearly Prudential Center, Ticket Information, and Out Of Towners Discussion
  • Autograph and Memorabilia Discussion
  • Player and Team History Questions (Fantasy Talk)
  • Yearly Cap Summary

Besides the stickies, there is a 'OT: Thread about Nothing' for all random discussion, as well as an 'OT: Music Discussion' thread and 'OT: Video Games' thread. Don't be afraid to use them.

And finally, a reminder to everyone that certain things count as spam in discussion threads. Show some common sense, OT threads have a slightly different rule set. But look at this list. You can be given infractions for these posts:
  • "This" posts
  • "Fixed" posts
  • :smiley: posts
  • A OT image, GIF, or video
  • "Why do we need this thread?" posts.

And finally, unlike many other Boards, I am going to leave this thread open for all of you to post. If you have a problem with any of the above, let us know. If you need clarification of something, post here. If you want something to be considered for addition, feel free to add it. Do NOT use this thread to ask why you got an infraction. PM a moderator about that.

Thank you all.

Last edited by Cowbell232: 08-09-2010 at 07:07 AM.
Cowbell232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2010, 10:08 AM
Game Breaker

Send a message via AIM to Game Breaker
To further comment on people playing mod, I've said it in the past and I'll say it again. If something needs to be addressed, don't respond and get yourself in trouble. Send a PM to one of the mods and it will be taken care of. Reacting is the stupidest thing you can do.

"...then they take their retard 7 foot Chara, who sticks out like a ***** in sweatpants..."- Devs4thCup
Game Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 01:19 PM
Cowbell232

A post that consists of just a picture, GIF, or YouTube video that is off-topic will be considered SPAM.

Old
02-01-2011, 03:22 PM
Cowbell232

Calling out a poster that is not involved in the particular conversation just because you think that poster will be involved or typically is in a derogatory fashion is flaming.

(With apologies to using them as such: recent examples are calling out Jim in a Kovy thread or DATW in a PMD thread.)

Old
07-24-2011, 07:42 PM
Cowbell232

Reminder to everyone:

Stay on topic. Follow the rules in every thread.

Old
08-02-2011, 08:10 PM
Cowbell232

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post
A post that consists of just a picture, GIF, or YouTube video that is off-topic will be considered SPAM.
Remember this.

Old
09-26-2011, 08:49 PM
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988

Awards:
Upcoming Moderator Policy Change: Read and Respond!

After discussion with the other moderators, we've decided to combine the Drunks and Thread About Nothing threads into a single Thread About Nothing thread (since the content is more or less identical anyway), and we're contemplating consolidation of the various entertainment threads (Music, TV, etc) into a single Entertainment thread. This would limit the number of OT threads present on the boards (right now it's something like half of them, which is too many). This change will be enforced starting with the regular season, and the current edition of each of those threads should be considered the last (as independent entities).

Oh, and we're going to start cracking down on posts that have nothing in them except gifs, youtube videos, or emoticons - although we'll make exceptions depending on circumstance.

Comments, questions, complaints should be posted here. Unless you're just going to rag on me, in which case send those via PM so I don't have to infract you.

Classic Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 08:53 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
will .gif parties still be allowed? thats my only question.

Zajacs Bowl Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 08:54 PM
JeffMangum
#meatisbeat

Fair decision.

To be honest, I'm surprised it took this long to be done. Not that I really care, considering I don't post in the Drunks thread, but it seemed like common sense to me, LOL.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Scottyk9
Goals? Please!

Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
I don't see a issue with how it is now personally. But I do understand how HFboards is seen as a whole and goes beyond what we are comfortable with.

I'm sure we scare some people

Scottyk9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut View Post
Please, that's like half the board's character. Yes, although if the situation doesn't actually warrant a .gif party, then it probably will get deleted. I did say exceptions would be made based on circumstance.

Old
09-26-2011, 08:55 PM
guyincognito

So, the arcade is never coming back, I take it.

Ultimately it seems a little silly because the hockey threads themselves will sorta police it anyway, but obviously the site must have some kind of bandwith concerns.

guyincognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 08:58 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
I'm just glad you guys didn't shut down the OT threads entirely. I have no problem with the consolidation.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 08:58 PM
King Henrique
¡ɹǝʌo s,ʇı ¡ǝnbıɹuǝɥ

I'm good with this decision. As long as warranted .gif parties are still allowed

King Henrique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 08:59 PM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut View Post
There is no way that they can control warranted gif parties, like when Larsson was drafted. Hell, I'm sure half the mods participate in them. They're people too. Except RG. I think he's a robot. Or an alien with gifted photoshop abilities.

I'm all for the changes. Makes it easier to find what I'm looking for. As long as the fun is still there, I support it.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 08:59 PM
SMantzas
Church of Corsi

does this warrant a .gif party?

SMantzas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 09:00 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
I'm just glad you guys didn't shut down the OT threads entirely. I have no problem with the consolidation.
Agreed. Makes me a sad panda but I'll live

DatBoyJPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 09:01 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Also, what happens with the threads for other sports? NFL, MLB, College Football, College Basketball, and College Hockey all have threads floating around somewhere on the board. Do those stay as they are?

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 09:02 PM
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMantzas View Post
does this warrant a .gif party?
You very nearly made me break one of the rules I just said I was going to enforce in this very thread.

But there are some thoughts that can only be expressed by Tommy Lee Jones.

Old
09-26-2011, 09:03 PM
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988

Awards:
Quote:
Also, what happens with the threads for other sports? NFL, MLB, College Football, College Basketball, and College Hockey all have threads floating around somewhere on the board. Do those stay as they are?
Personally, I'd like to come up with some consolidation mechanism, but as of now there are no plans to change how those threads work. Certainly not the college hockey thread.

Old
09-26-2011, 09:03 PM
SMantzas
Church of Corsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Devil View Post
You very nearly made me break one of the rules I just said I was going to enforce in this very thread.

But there are some thoughts that can only be expressed by Tommy Lee Jones.

haha sorry, i couldnt resist

SMantzas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 09:04 PM
JeffMangum
#meatisbeat

Quote:
I would guess they just leave them as is, or, if they want to go in the "entertainment" direction, just merge all the threads into one and make a bigger "Ot Sports" thread.

Except college hockey. It's hockey, an on-topic discussion.

Quote:
This board would cease to exists without the TaN.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
apice3*

Gotta be a loophole. Like perhaps speaking on task and posting .gifs.

If there is a loophole, this board will be the first one to expose it. That's a guarantee.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Das Uber
Kitten Mittens

Quote:
Personally, I'd like to come up with some consolidation mechanism, but as of now there are no plans to change how those threads work.
Good because I don't give a crap about baseball, college football, or the NBA, and I know others who post in those threads don't give a crap about soccer.

Das Uber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Tedenby21
Boo's Dangles

Quote:
After discussion with the other moderators, we've decided to combine the Drunks and Thread About Nothing threads into a single Thread About Nothing thread (since the content is more or less identical anyway), and we're contemplating consolidation of the various entertainment threads (Music, TV, etc) into a single Entertainment thread. This would limit the number of OT threads present on the boards (right now it's something like half of them, which is too many). This change will be enforced starting with the regular season, and the current edition of each of those threads should be considered the last (as independent entities).

Oh, and we're going to start cracking down on posts that have nothing in them except gifs, youtube videos, or emoticons - although we'll make exceptions depending on circumstance.

Comments, questions, complaints should be posted here. Unless you're just going to rag on me, in which case send those via PM so I don't have to infract you.

I guess as long as PariseforPresident, Saugus, and I can still talk about our problems with ladies its all cool

Tedenby21 is offline   Reply With Quote