HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

Devils vs. Senators - Part II

Old
12-09-2011, 12:58 AM
JerryGigantic
Respect Patrik

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin226 View Post

alright let's gif this

JerryGigantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 12:59 AM
Darius Dangleaitis
Padowan Kovalchuk

6-1 in shootouts? Damn. Thank God for the goalies and some nifty goals or we would be in the gutter right now.

Darius Dangleaitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 01:02 AM
elias026

Are the vids up of the goals and Teddy interview?

elias026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 01:28 AM
HeliDevil
Legendary

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
Again, if Teddy doesnt grab Gonchar's arm, it's an easy defensive play for Sergei, and Sykora never gets the puck. It was the correct call.

The non-call on Tallinder, that allowed the Senators to tie the game? Now THAT was an abomination.
i agree, it definitely was a penalty, but i don't think it was gonchar whom tedenby held. either way it was a penalty. the only problem i have is the delayed whistle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
You're also wrong about this.

The first one was a very strange play with Fayne, but yeah he could have had it.

The second one Brodeur would have easily saved, but Tedenby blocked Brodeur from being able to have "lateral movement". It's tough to move to your left, when directly to your left a human being is to the left where you need to move to.
the first one was meh. his fault, but wasn't a weak goal it was just a bad play by marty. the second one is tough to call. he should have controlled the rebound better, but getting across would have been difficult because it was crowded around the crease. he should not have been on his belly though. either way i'm not sure it was deserving of marty being pulled from the game.

the team just seems to play better with moose in net. i don't know why either. that's why my confidence is much greater when moose is in goal.

HeliDevil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 01:37 AM
Parise9Crosby87

awesome comeback sucks they scored at the end of the 3rd i knew we would win a shootout

Parise9Crosby87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 02:05 AM
Baggy Spandex
Boat movie.

The offense will, and is starting to, come around. But, the team NEEDS a D upgrade. This crew will not be any better than they are now. We're lacking a speedy blueliner big time.

Baggy Spandex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 02:12 AM
NJD21

Just watched the highlights.

Henrique is playing great, especially for a rookie.

NJD21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 02:19 AM
Baggy Spandex
Boat movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJD21 View Post
Just watched the highlights.

Henrique is playing great, especially for a rookie.
What a player he is and is going to be in this league. Everything he does is just so smooth. That shootout move was beastly.

Baggy Spandex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 03:23 AM
Valor

Henrique's ketchup is definitely flowing. It's really great to see the top line playing like it.

Now if we could only try and play some of that defense I've heard so much about, we might be in good shape.

Valor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 03:44 AM
DevilsFanNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Krinkle View Post
We did have 2, and gave up 1. Like I said - goofiest ****ing game in ages.

I had a funny feeling too when we were down 3-0, especially after it shoulda been 2-1 rather than 3-0, I said to my wife - gut check time, how they respond is going to vastly impact my feeling - we come back here and lose 3-2 I'll be fine - 4-1 or some **** - not good.

And TG is a *****, he's a Rangers fan and he works a Devils beat for a Jersey paper. He was great a few years ago but slowly but surely, and I wouldn't be shocked if it was due to the fact he opened up his blog to the mongs that inhabit the internet, but he's just devolved. He takes every change he can to take a swipe at the Devils - only announces attendance when it's ****** - points out stupid chants the Devils fans do, really childish unprofessional type stuff. I can't say I blame him, if I made a living covering a team I'm supposed to hate I'd be a ***** ass mother****er too - but you know what - man the **** up and find a new job.

Someone asked a page or two back (yes I'm too lazy to hit the back button) - that WAS shortie at the end of regulation. And we got a PP when it was 3-0 halfway through the 2nd, I turned to my wife and said, "If they score here, we're going home" not 20 seconds later they ring one off the pipe and she looks over at me as I'm chugging down my beer like we are about to roll. Glad they kept those out the net
Do people assume he's a Rangers fan or did he say so? Hard to believe that after so many years of experience, he can't get a job with another team if he really hates the Devils so much.. Plus, so many people would kill for his job and be able to follow the Devils everywhere

Super exciting game, and I can't wait until Zajac comes back

Quote:
Another SO win... Le sigh. They're going to hurt us eventually, especially now when they don't count as real wins anymore.

A comeback isn't really a comeback when it's spoiled at the end like that. It was actually Ottawa comin back and stealing a point. Hate going to OT like that.
I'm so paranoid when the other team pulls their goalie.. it seems like they always often score with seconds to go. When was the last time we scored and it wasn't waived off last second to tie the game like that?

DevilsFanNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 03:45 AM
Devil X
Next man up!

Send a message via AIM to Devil X
Oh what to do with Zajac if they keep playing so well .....

Devil X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 03:50 AM
The Grinder
No Respect

Like the new hot girl moved in down the street everyone fell hard for Henrique.

And what's not to love, suddenly our center depth isn't so dire, Carter a nice addition as well.

Yea the goal at the end of regulation sucked but you got to like this team once again showing it's ability to get back into games where perhaps previous teams didn't have the same fight, especially being down by multiple goals. Of course they can't hold a lead once they get one but hey you got to walk before you can crawl.

The Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 03:57 AM
DevilsFanNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil X View Post
Oh what to do with Zajac if they keep playing so well .....
Zach-Zajac-Zubrus (ZZZ Line)
Kovy-Elias-Sykora
Tedenby-Henrique-Clarkson
Boulton/Pelley/whoever-Carter-Palmieri

Maybe this wouldn't be the line-up right away because Travis needs some time before jumping into top 6 minutes, but in general, the best way to get him and Zach going is to stick them together. They've done well with Zubrus before, so why not? It would be nice to be able to roll three lines.

It's our Defense that really worries me, with Greene out and the A-train injured Hopefully Taormina can help us out, because Fraser is just..

Quote:
Yea the goal at the end of regulation sucked but you got to like this team once again showing it's ability to get back into games where perhaps previous teams didn't have the same fight, especially being down by multiple goals. Of course they can't hold a lead once they get one but hey you got to walk before you can crawl
If you look at the bright side, that's true. The bright side being anything other than last season (or that's how I look at it)

So hyper from the game, couldn't sleep at all

Old
12-09-2011, 04:07 AM
njdevsfn95
Help Vas, Sprite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Nick30 View Post
Still don't understand why that goal was disallowed, Tedenby barely even did anything to Gonchar
You see, Tedenby hauled down the Ottawa defender and it led to a goal so, clearly, it was a penalty.

Now, conversely, Phillips hauled down Tallinder and it led to a goal so, clearly, it wasn't a penalty.

Got it?

Last edited by njdevsfn95: 12-09-2011 at 06:59 AM.
njdevsfn95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 05:04 AM
Devil X
Next man up!

Send a message via AIM to Devil X
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsFanNYC View Post
Zach-Zajac-Zubrus (ZZZ Line)
Kovy-Elias-Sykora
Tedenby-Henrique-Clarkson
Boulton/Pelley/whoever-Carter-Palmieri

Maybe this wouldn't be the line-up right away because Travis needs some time before jumping into top 6 minutes, but in general, the best way to get him and Zach going is to stick them together. They've done well with Zubrus before, so why not? It would be nice to be able to roll three lines.

It's our Defense that really worries me, with Greene out and the A-train injured Hopefully Taormina can help us out, because Fraser is just..

If you look at the bright side, that's true. The bright side being anything other than last season (or that's how I look at it)

So hyper from the game, couldn't sleep at all
I like those lines but if that top like of Parise Henrique Kovy keeps playing like they are you can break them up?

If they keep playing well

Parise Henrique Kovy
Tedenby Elias Sykora
Zubrus Zajac Clarkson > Until he gets into the swing of things (Line would cycle for days)
Boulton Carter Whoever

I am against moving Henrique to wing right now. He is playing to well at center maybe once Josefson comes back because Henrique makes a better winger the Josefson does.

If they do not the options are endless.

Devil X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 06:16 AM
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
And no matter what I say will convince you. We're 30 games into the season, Brodeur's GAA is above 3.25 and his save percentage is hovering around .880, and you think he's a quality goaltender.
Doesn't help when Deboer keeps pulling the goalies all the time for no reason all the time. And if you think Moose is the answer to go deep in the PO then I am scared. No matter what I rather have Marty in net.

No convincing you of anything so I gave up with you. It's all good though.

Edit: I find it funny that people say his stats don't do him justice. Yet keep bringing the stats up. What is it people because it can't be both.lol

Last edited by BrodeurRULES: 12-09-2011 at 07:43 AM.
BrodeurRULES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 07:03 AM
manisback121

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodeurRULES View Post
Doesn't help when Deboer keeps pulling the goalies all the time for no reason all the time. And if you think Moose is the answer to go deep in the PO then I am scared. No matter what I rather have Marty in net.

No convincing you of anything so I gave up with you.

Edit: I find it funny that people say his stats don't do him justice. Yet keep bringing the stats up. What is it people because it can't be both.lol

The defense is getting lazy, which is why Marty gets pulled. Doboer recognizes this and uses Moose to get them to wake up and play already. Do you not watch the press conferences, surely you should. It was the team and not Marty...Marty's numbers are in the crapper because the team thinks he's ironman and hangs him out to dry.

If Moose can light a fire under the team, I would pull Marty going into OT in game 7 of the conference finals if the team looked lazy toward the end of regulation.

manisback121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 07:35 AM
DevilsFanNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil X View Post
I like those lines but if that top like of Parise Henrique Kovy keeps playing like they are you can break them up?

If they keep playing well

Parise Henrique Kovy
Tedenby Elias Sykora
Zubrus Zajac Clarkson > Until he gets into the swing of things (Line would cycle for days)
Boulton Carter Whoever

I am against moving Henrique to wing right now. He is playing to well at center maybe once Josefson comes back because Henrique makes a better winger the Josefson does.

If they do not the options are endless.
I know what you mean about breaking up the top line if they stay hot, though I'll guess we'll see how it goes as Zajac comes back and gets more minutes.. I've generally found it to be a waste to convert centers to wings (unless you're seriously lacking wings).. I think a center is just more valuable, plus I figure it's easier to move from center to wing than the other way around. Henrique is our future #1/2 center and he's kicking ass excelling at it.

Side note: It's strange how quickly a team can go from having no centers and an abundance of wings to an overflow in the middle and not knowing where to put them

Old
12-09-2011, 07:55 AM
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by manisback121 View Post
The defense is getting lazy, which is why Marty gets pulled. Doboer recognizes this and uses Moose to get them to wake up and play already. Do you not watch the press conferences, surely you should. It was the team and not Marty...Marty's numbers are in the crapper because the team thinks he's ironman and hangs him out to dry.

If Moose can light a fire under the team, I would pull Marty going into OT in game 7 of the conference finals if the team looked lazy toward the end of regulation.
NHL coach is not your future. lol

No I didn't watch it because I was at the game but I see you missed my point from last night.

BrodeurRULES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 07:58 AM
captainscott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baggy Spandex View Post
The offense will, and is starting to, come around. But, the team NEEDS a D upgrade. This crew will not be any better than they are now. We're lacking a speedy blueliner big time.
yeah i think they had to see what they had in larsson make sure fayne was real deal but i agree they lack a defensman on this team, unless a guy like tao or corrente can somehow get called up and really impress i could see that being the trade this season fro a defensman that has wheels and skill

captainscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 08:21 AM
Drewr15

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevsfn95 View Post
You see, Tedenby hauled down the Ottawa defender and it led to a goal so, clearly, it was a penalty.

Now, conversely, Phillips hauled down Tallinder and it led to a goal so, clearly, it wasn't a penalty.

Got it?
I don't think the call on Tedenby would have bothered me so much if they called interference on Gonchar too. I mean that was text book post lockout video of what was supposed to be considered interference now so at the least it should have been four on four. Oh well.

Drewr15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 08:39 AM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

vCash: 50
Quote:

What are you talking about going deep in the playoffs for? I'd be thrilled if we made it and won a single game.

AfroThunder396 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 08:50 AM
apice3*

Quote:

It is both. While Marty is better than the stats show, there's really no excuse for having a 3.3 GAA and an .880 save percentage. His numbers of comparible to Steve Mason, who has been ripped apart on this board.

Meanwhile Hedberg is one goal per game and .30 percentage points better, while playing a similar, if not better level of competition.

It's either one goalie is better than the other, or the team plays better with one of the goalies in net. Interpret the stats how you want, but the Devils have done exceptionally better with Hedberg in net.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 08:53 AM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

deboer said zajac won't be playing 20 a night at first, i'd guess something like this

parise-henrique-kovy -doesn't matter how much we don't like it. the coaches are in love and they're not playing terrible
teddy-elias-sykora
zubrus-zajac-clarkson
what-carter-ever

after 4-5 games if zajac is looking good you could see where you are.

Rhodes 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 09:00 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Krinkle View Post
That ass whopping on Konopka was ****ing impressive. I don't think Konopka saw that coming, actually I know he didn't, if he did he wouldn't have been so bloody afterward
Fraser and Salvador are both like that. They don't fight often, but when they do, look out, because they're going to tune somebody up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralGenesis View Post
I think Marty will bounce back too but I would definitely ride the hand goalie right now. Look what Vancouver did. Do that.

But it won't happen and Marty will be in Saturday and Monday barring another pulling.
I agree, we should go with the hot hand right now. Marty doesn't have it entirely together right now, and Moose gives us the best chance to win. But:

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Hate Tie DOMI View Post
Marty will play Saturday. It's Montreal isn't it? If it was any other team though I'd go with Hedberg.
I agree with this. Marty will play against the Habs, because Marty always plays against the Habs.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote