HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3 Stars & GBR : Game 25 vs. Tampa Bay Lightning

View Poll Results: 3 Stars?
Artem Anisimov 54 70.13%
Ryan Callahan 46 59.74%
Michael Del Zotto 28 36.36%
Brandon Dubinsky 5 6.49%
Steve Eminger 14 18.18%
Ruslan Fedotenko 1 1.30%
Marian Gaborik 4 5.19%
Dan Girardi 10 12.99%
Carl Hagelin 4 5.19%
Henrik Lundqvist 13 16.88%
Ryan McDonagh 1 1.30%
Brandon Prust 1 1.30%
Brad Richards 13 16.88%
Derek Stepan 3 3.90%
Other 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Old
12-08-2011, 10:17 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

vCash: 500
The Good: MDZ and Eminger both had solid games. We played well in spurts and very well in OT.

The Bad: Our PP, not much to say about that. Also overall another extremely inconsistent effort.

The Redden: Wow we need Staal/Sauer back. Also just perfect timing with 24/7.

HatTrick Swayze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 10:32 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Just got back. Disappointed we lost, but man that Anisimov goal celebration was even better in person LOL

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 10:48 PM
KingWantsCup
Grinch who stole...

vCash: 350
This is one of those losses that are so bad that I can't even play NHL 12 until they win they're next game. So disgusted.

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 10:49 PM
rangers4ever2007

when is tim erixon coming up?

that is all.

rangers4ever2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 10:52 PM
JeffMangum
Man Girardi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers4ever2007 View Post
when is tim erixon coming up?

that is all.
When he's healthy, probably.

I would scratch Woywitka. Maybe I'm in the minority, I don't know, but I thought Stralman played a very solid game tonight. Joined in on the offense a bit, was calm in his own zone, and passed it well.

I'd like to try him at the point on the first PP unit in favor of Stepan.

12-08-2011, 10:57 PM
TCRF
RICK. GNASH

vCash: 476
I went to this game... serious problems. Give away... then a cheap shorty... jeez defense... when's Staal coming back... the only defensemen who were useful were Girardi and Emi (Good dive block).... props to arty tho. heheh

TCRF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 11:00 PM
rangers4ever2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post

I would scratch Woywitka. Maybe I'm in the minority, I don't know, but I thought Stralman played a very solid game tonight. Joined in on the offense a bit, was calm in his own zone, and passed it well.

all i was looking for out of stralman was position and he didn't have many, if any, screwups.

rangers4ever2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 11:05 PM
IBleedNYRBlue

This is on me guys.

I was at the game and through the 1st period I said to my friend, "Boy, does McDonagh look solid tonight". Sorry for the jinx.

IBleedNYRBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 11:06 PM
IBleedNYRBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post

Stralman? Serious?

Unless I was getting him mixed up with someone else, I thought he was God awful. He got beat plenty of times.

Old
12-08-2011, 11:10 PM
MorrisWanchuk

we still have the fewest reg losses in the nhl

MorrisWanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 11:11 PM
Onion Boy

Lost in the debacle of tonight was how poor the officiating was. It didn't affect the outcome any, but the calls on the Anisimov celebration were horrendous. As was penalizing Del Zotto for sticking up for Henrik, twice.

Onion Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 11:32 PM
mullichicken25

Not sure why everyone is calling for woywitka and stralman to get scratched when it was mcd that crapped the bed on both goals. That blind backhand pass was one the worst/stupidest plays I've seen in a very long time. I'm sure he'll be back to normal next game though...this type of performance from him is rare

Tough way to lose a hockey game...this is a textbook example of what happens when you let a team stick around. This game should have been 3-0 after the first period.

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 11:39 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Tough loss - frankly, after Sauer went down, I expected to lose in regulation, so I'll take the point.

I voted Eminger (best game I think I've seen him play), Richards (I think we're getting spoiled by his consistent excellent play - which is a good thing) and Hagelin (looked great again in limited ice time - definitely bucking for a promotion).

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 11:43 PM
IBleedNYRBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullichicken25 View Post
Not sure why everyone is calling for woywitka and stralman to get scratched when it was mcd that crapped the bed on both goals. That blind backhand pass was one the worst/stupidest plays I've seen in a very long time. I'm sure he'll be back to normal next game though...this type of performance from him is rare

Tough way to lose a hockey game...this is a textbook example of what happens when you let a team stick around. This game should have been 3-0 after the first period.
Woywitka and Stralman were still pretty terrible.

Old
12-09-2011, 12:04 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL605 View Post
Woywitka and Stralman were still pretty terrible.
What do you expect from a player taken off waivers and another signed a month into the season? If everyone was healhy they would have never been even been on the roster.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 12:05 AM
Nyrvana

We had chances, hit posts, and Tampa needed McDonagh to hand them a goal for them to beat us. This is the reason that the best teams in the league don't win every game. We just need to bounce back next game!

BTW, the Anisimov thing was the best celebration I've seen. The fact that people are blaming him for the loss is ridiculous. He scored a goal to put us up 2 - 1. Then, if not for a shorthanded goal we would have won. This is an entertainment industry. Don't take yourselves so seriously all the time! A friend pointed out that Selanne did a similar thing ... here:

Nyrvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 12:07 AM
IBleedNYRBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
What do you expect from a player taken off waivers and another signed a month into the season? If everyone was healhy they would have never been even been on the roster.
Ok?

Doesn't diminish the fact they were terrible, no? And Woywitka has played 19 games already. I think I can make an assessment about his play.

Old
12-09-2011, 12:08 AM
mike14

Not that I want to flog a dead horse, but having come home and watched the replay of the AA goal I've got to say I've lost a lot of respect for Torts, the entire Tampa Bay org and HF posters in general (especially on the NHL baord) for the fuss over the celebration. For a sport that prides itself on 'toughness' there sure is a lot of child like sooking over an incredibly unremarkable incident.

As to the game, where's the hustle gone? It just hasn't been evident in the last two games and the results show. I know they're lacking in the D department but they need to get their jump back

mike14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 12:12 AM
Call Me No One
All's Well

Artem AnisiMeme?
Attached Images
File Type: png Anisimov Problem.png‎ (183.0 KB, 15 views)

Call Me No One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 12:14 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL605 View Post
Ok?

Doesn't diminish the fact they were terrible, no?

Neither figured in the scoring and both were on the ice for less than 9 minutes even strengh. I was at the game and didn't notice anything in particular that stood out in their limited ice time. Do I want them in the lineup? Not really. But they didn't do anything terribly wrong either. They were not the reason why the Rangers lost.

Old
12-09-2011, 12:17 AM
Loffen
Go Hawks

**** you, Moore. I'd love to see his goofy ass face plastered in the glass some day.

Artie's celebration was awesome.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 12:18 AM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike14 View Post
Not that I want to flog a dead horse, but having come home and watched the replay of the AA goal I've got to say I've lost a lot of respect for Torts, the entire Tampa Bay org and HF posters in general (especially on the NHL baord) for the fuss over the celebration. For a sport that prides itself on 'toughness' there sure is a lot of child like sooking over an incredibly unremarkable incident.

As to the game, where's the hustle gone? It just hasn't been evident in the last two games and the results show. I know they're lacking in the D department but they need to get their jump back
Meh, I have no problem with either Tampa Bay or Torts. I think the entire Rangers locker room handled it the right way and said the right things. I've also got no gripes with Tampa going after the Rangers because I know if someone did that to us, I'd be furious and want the same done.

The main issue was the fact that he pointed it towards Garon (whether he was pointing it at Garon or just the net in general is unknown). Had he done it facing another direction, there would be no issue. Just like everyone else, I found it hysterical but you really can't be doing celebrations like that directed towards people.

12-09-2011, 12:19 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyrvana View Post
We had chances, hit posts, and Tampa needed McDonagh to hand them a goal for them to beat us. This is the reason that the best teams in the league don't win every game. We just need to bounce back next game!

BTW, the Anisimov thing was the best celebration I've seen. The fact that people are blaming him for the loss is ridiculous. He scored a goal to put us up 2 - 1. Then, if not for a shorthanded goal we would have won. This is an entertainment industry. Don't take yourselves so seriously all the time! A friend pointed out that Selanne did a similar thing ... here:

Unlike Artie, Selanne did not point his stick at the goal/goaltender in the clip. That's the difference. Anisimov made a mistake. I don't think anyone on the team will blame him for the loss (I don't), but Tampa Bay did wake up after it happened and played much better from that point.

Old
12-09-2011, 12:20 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Meh, I have no problem with either Tampa Bay or Torts. I think the entire Rangers locker room handled it the right way and said the right things. I've also got no gripes with Tampa going after the Rangers because I know if someone did that to us, I'd be furious and want the same done.

The main issue was the fact that he pointed it towards Garon (whether he was pointing it at Garon or just the net in general is unknown). Had he done it facing another direction, there would be no issue. Just like everyone else, I found it hysterical but you really can't be doing celebrations like that directed towards people.
Beat me to it!

Old
12-09-2011, 12:20 AM
EEDAWGZ

Tough loss 2min away from a W. props to Eminger for stepping up, F Moore, disgruntled ex employee.

EEDAWGZ is offline   Reply With Quote