HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3 Stars & GBR : Game 25 vs. Tampa Bay Lightning

View Poll Results: 3 Stars?
Artem Anisimov 54 70.13%
Ryan Callahan 46 59.74%
Michael Del Zotto 28 36.36%
Brandon Dubinsky 5 6.49%
Steve Eminger 14 18.18%
Ruslan Fedotenko 1 1.30%
Marian Gaborik 4 5.19%
Dan Girardi 10 12.99%
Carl Hagelin 4 5.19%
Henrik Lundqvist 13 16.88%
Ryan McDonagh 1 1.30%
Brandon Prust 1 1.30%
Brad Richards 13 16.88%
Derek Stepan 3 3.90%
Other 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Old
12-09-2011, 01:29 AM
mike14

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Meh, I have no problem with either Tampa Bay or Torts. I think the entire Rangers locker room handled it the right way and said the right things. I've also got no gripes with Tampa going after the Rangers because I know if someone did that to us, I'd be furious and want the same done.

The main issue was the fact that he pointed it towards Garon (whether he was pointing it at Garon or just the net in general is unknown). Had he done it facing another direction, there would be no issue. Just like everyone else, I found it hysterical but you really can't be doing celebrations like that directed towards people.
To me, he pointed a stick at someone, big friggin deal. If people can't get past that without needing to start a fight, they have serious issues IMO.

I can see that I'm in the minority according to most of this board, but damn it shows how fragile people are.

mike14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 01:58 AM
OverTheCap

I only caught Rangers in 60 so I can't comment on much of the game.

Anisimov's celebration was surprising. It's one thing to see that from Ovechkin or Fleury, but to see it from the soft-spoken and humble Anisimov just seemed bizarre. It didn't bother me so much initially... but then I thought about it and figured if someone pointed a stick like that at Lundqvist, I would be pretty pissed.

McDonagh gets a little too overconfident some times. That no look pass reminded me of something that Del Zotto would have done last season. No harm in being aware of who else is on the ice and taking a quick peek over the shoulder to make sure an opponent isn't there to intercept the pass.

Oh, and that "snipe" from Cally in the first... I bet if Lundqvist gave up a goal like that, some people would be complaining about how it was a soft goal and Lundqvist has to stop that.

OverTheCap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 01:59 AM
nyrleetch

Sorry if this was already posted but.

SNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie
Appears Downie came on during legal line change (Moore came to bench). Still could be fined/suspended but no set penalty. Shanahan's call.
1 hour ago Favorite Retweet Reply

How did he get on during legal line change? Play was over before he gets on and starts fighting.

nyrleetch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 02:00 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Sometimes you win games you should lose.

Sometimes you lose games you should win.

When the former happens everyone just shrugs it off. When the latter happens everyone searches for people to blame.

Rangers were significantly better than the Lightning tonight. They just couldn't put one home. It happens. Forget it and move on.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 02:04 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike14 View Post
To me, he pointed a stick at someone, big friggin deal. If people can't get past that without needing to start a fight, they have serious issues IMO.

I can see that I'm in the minority according to most of this board, but damn it shows how fragile people are.
It has nothing to do with being "fragile" and everyting to do with what is acceptable on the ice. Anisimov (without thinking), did something that players don't find acceptable--as Tortorella said after the game, if someone on Tampa Bay had done the same thing, the Rangers would have reacted the same way Tampa Bay did.

If Anisimov had pointed his stick at the ceiling, there wouldn't have been the same response.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 02:06 AM
Kane One
HFB Partner

vCash: 550
I don't understand why Anisimov has more votes than Eminger in this one. Even though hr scored that shorty, he costed us the game. Eminger on the other hand, was our best defenseman tonight in my opinion. And AlphaQUp, how can you possibly vote for McDonagh? This was by far his worst game as a Ranger.

12-09-2011, 02:06 AM
mike14

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
Anisimov's celebration was surprising. It's one thing to see that from Ovechkin or Fleury, but to see it from the soft-spoken and humble Anisimov just seemed bizarre. It didn't bother me so much initially... but then I thought about it and figured if someone pointed a stick like that at Lundqvist, I would be pretty pissed.
Can I ask why? It's a stick, and he was a long way away, it would represent no threat to Lundqvist.

I'm going to assume that many times per game, opposition players say things to Lundy that would be worse than pointing a stick at him, yet no-one cares......

Old
12-09-2011, 02:08 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
Sometimes you win games you should lose.

Sometimes you lose games you should win.

When the former happens everyone just shrugs it off. When the latter happens everyone searches for people to blame.

Rangers were significantly better than the Lightning tonight. They just couldn't put one home. It happens. Forget it and move on.
I disagree, the Rangers might have won, but they didn't play like they were the better team through the last 30 minutes of regulation, especially since St Louis was out of the lineup.

Old
12-09-2011, 02:09 AM
mike14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
It has nothing to do with being "fragile" and everyting to do with what is acceptable on the ice. Anisimov (without thinking), did something that players don't find acceptable--as Tortorella said after the game, if someone on Tampa Bay had done the same thing, the Rangers would have reacted the same way Tampa Bay did.

If Anisimov had pointed his stick at the ceiling, there wouldn't have been the same response.
Which IMO pretty much proves the 'fragile' tag.

We're are going to disagree on this but it's one of the dumbest things I've heard/seen people loose their heads over in a long, long time.

Imagine if the penalities had of been handed out correctly and the Rangers scored on the ensuing 5-3. Having to explain why you lost the game because you got upset about a guy and stick seem much worse than the actual stick incident to me.

Old
12-09-2011, 02:10 AM
Kane One
HFB Partner

Quote:
Can I ask why? It's a stick, and he was a long way away, it would represent no threat to Lundqvist.

I'm going to assume that many times per game, opposition players say things to Lundy that would be worse than pointing a stick at him, yet no-one cares......
You do know it was being held like a gun and he fired it like a gun, right? Because you keep saying that he pointed a stick at him instead of mentioning that.

Kane One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 02:12 AM
mike14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
You do know it was being held like a gun and he fired it like a gun, right? Because you keep saying that he pointed a stick at him instead of mentioning that.
It's still a stick, no round was coming out the end of that thing. I would have hoped that the Tampa guys were smart enough to realise that......

Old
12-09-2011, 02:14 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Which IMO pretty much proves the 'fragile' tag.

We're are going to disagree on this but it's one of the dumbest things I've heard/seen people loose their heads over in a long, long time.

Imagine if the penalities had of been handed out correctly and the Rangers scored on the ensuing 5-3. Having to explain why you lost the game because you got upset about a guy and stick seem much worse than the actual stick incident to me.
What does the reaction Tampa Bay had have to do with fans? The reaction that Tampa Bay had was the same that every other hockey team would have had if it happened to them. And in the "good old days" all the players on the ice would have jumped on Artie and beaten him to a pulp

Old
12-09-2011, 02:16 AM
mike14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
What does the reaction Tampa Bay had have to do with fans? The reaction that Tampa Bay had was the same that every other hockey team would have had if it happened to them. And in the "good old days" all the players on the ice would have jumped on Artie and beaten the crap out of him.
The reaction from Tampa had nothing to do with the fans

And that probably proves that people in the 'good old days' are even dumber than us today...

Old
12-09-2011, 02:16 AM
Kane One
HFB Partner

Quote:
It's still a stick, no round was coming out the end of that thing. I would have hoped that the Tampa guys were smart enough to realise that......
Ehh it's just something you don't do. There was no need for Anisimov to taunt them. It's completely unsportsmanlike. Why couldn't he just cheer and move on? I think they would have reacted the same if he didn't use his stick as a gun and instead would have excessively cheered another way. It's not cool.

Old
12-09-2011, 02:17 AM
mike14

Quote:
Ehh it's just something you don't do. There was no need for Anisimov to taunt them. It's completely unsportsmanlike. Why couldn't he just cheer and move on? I think they would have reacted the same if he didn't use his stick as a gun and instead would have excessively cheered another way. It's not cool.
Fair enough... maybe it's a Northern hempishere thing

Old
12-09-2011, 02:18 AM
OverTheCap

Quote:

I doubt this was Anisimov's intent, but pointing a stick towards Garon could be interpreted as a means to embarrass him. Lundqvist is a fiery player and I wouldn't be shocked if he felt insulted by it, even though he was in no physical harm.

Actions often speak louder than words. The putdowns that are said by opposition players are only heard between players. But pointing a stick towards the net in a manner that mimics a gun is going to be seen by the entire arena and viewing audience. That's why Wisniewski was suspended last season for making an obscene gesture while trash talking goes unpoliced. Like I said, I don't think Arty meant any harm in doing what he did... but I can see how it would be misinterpreted by opponents as a dig or adding salt to the wound.

OverTheCap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 02:20 AM
Kane One
HFB Partner

Quote:
Fair enough... maybe it's a Northern hempishere thing
Just think about it. Let's say you're playing a game and your opponent wins and starts jumping up and down, getting all up in your face, while screaming and dancing, just to piss you off. I doubt you will sit there and not care. You would probably curse them out and maybe hit them and never wanting to play with them again.

Old
12-09-2011, 02:27 AM
mike14

Quote:
Just think about it. Let's say you're playing a game and your opponent wins and starts jumping up and down, getting all up in your face, while screaming and dancing, just to piss you off. I doubt you will sit there and not care. You would probably curse them out and maybe hit them and never wanting to play with them again.
Honesetly? I'd remeber the face/number and make sure he felt it later. But just run/skate up and start a fight? No.

I've been taunted plenty in sports over the years and I've never felt the need to respond like that

Old
12-09-2011, 03:15 AM
Ola

What happened after our shorty is very simple; Tampa took advantage of us and the situation.

It has nothing to do with pointing the stick at someone (he shot at the net). Tampa is a desperate team, basically desperate of getting something going, they give up a shorty and then try's to stir things up.

Lately this has happened a couple of times to us, we have faced teams more desperate then we are. That's probably to be expected, and with experience we will also become better at handling it.

And I also have no problem with how we handled it afterwards. Also, don't read into what Torts is saying. Whats Torts going to do, cry at Tampa for gooning us? Talk about inviting other teams to do the same. AA can handle it, and its over with.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 05:52 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

AA cost the Rangers the game? Put down the crack pipe and check yourselves into rehab. Do it for the sake of you and your family.

It took a SHG by Moore late in the 3rd period to tie up the game. The Rangers had 2 PPs late in the 3rd and did nothing with them. The Rangers lost the game in the 1st period when TB was ready to roll over and go home.

This is the new topic for today. Bunch of idiots.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 06:48 AM
fredrikstad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Hotrox View Post
Avery is 8th on the team in goals while forwards like Boyle have triple the time on ice and Dubinsky has over 4 times the time on ice. Avery has played a whopping 14 seconds on the power play this season. Boyle is over 25 minutes for the year and Dubinsky is over an hour on the power play (even EC has over 22 minutes PP time for the season).

Avery detractors ranted about the lack of goal scoring last year, but his goals per time on ice is better than or on par with ANY forward on the team.

Fans like me are frustrated that Avery is not being given an opportunity to help the team more.
Few players have major impact playing 4 minutes in a game.
I have a hard time understanding this too. IF Torts have a personal problem with Avery, he have to act proffesional and put that behind him during games, for the benefit of the team.

fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 06:50 AM
NYRSchrute217

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
When he's healthy, probably.

I would scratch Woywitka. Maybe I'm in the minority, I don't know, but I thought Stralman played a very solid game tonight. Joined in on the offense a bit, was calm in his own zone, and passed it well.

I'd like to try him at the point on the first PP unit in favor of Stepan.
Stralman was nothing short of awful. I lost count of how many times he got beat. Woywitka isn't good at all either but I have a hard time believing Bell or Bickel couldn't play at Stralman's level.

Also, Del Zotto ****ed up a couple of our Power Play's, which looked really bad. Otherwise, the Rangers dictated the pace and basically dominated the game. Those games hurt the most.

NYRSchrute217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 07:07 AM
fredrikstad

Quote:

I totaly agreed with you on this one. It used to happen a lot in Norway. Haven`t seen it in a while now though.

fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 07:36 AM
Dorado*

One of those shake your head losses . Gaborik ? MIA IN this one not moving his feet shooting ? Hurting perhaps ? I guess rolling 4 lines is out The window . When the season ends and if you miss the playoffs by 1 point it's losses like this one I always remember . 1 point and move
On . puck was deflected but I'd like to see Hank challenge the shooter a little more than be so far back and down already but hey we got a shortsider also ( Cally ) .
Tough stretch coming , hopefully not right back where we usually are after 3 more losses back in the 7-8---9 seed zone

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 07:37 AM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRSchrute217 View Post
Stralman was nothing short of awful. I lost count of how many times he got beat. Woywitka isn't good at all either but I have a hard time believing Bell or Bickel couldn't play at Stralman's level.

Also, Del Zotto ****ed up a couple of our Power Play's, which looked really bad. Otherwise, the Rangers dictated the pace and basically dominated the game. Those games hurt the most.
Once Erixon's okay... I have a feeling he will be taking Woywitka/Stralman's spot. Howcome Mcilrath is still undeveloped
And we are in dire need of Staal.

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote