HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is Cammalleri the softest player in the NHL?

Old
12-09-2011, 01:12 AM
coolasprICE

vCash: 500
Cammy is a girl ... wait for his book in 5 years when he reveals it all.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 01:23 AM
NotProkofievian

Cammi pisses me off. He's a good player: just not for us in the regular season with any sort of consistency.

Bring the intensity you bring to the playoffs every game, or **** off.

I can handle one game here or there where he's off: but it seems that he goes for stretches of weeks where he plays like utter ****. And the thing is that when he plays bad you know it's not for a lack of ability: it's actually a lack of "care."

And to top it all off is his ******** in the post-game interviews after losses. Just shut the **** up Cammi. Don't talk. We don't want to hear it. After 2 years, it's old. You say all the right things, but in the end, you truly believe none of it. Unless it's playoffs. How bout we get there first?

NotProkofievian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 01:33 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen View Post
I don't see what's outrageous here. They're both perimeter players, hence the soft label, says nothing about character or compete level. But they are not heavy traffic players, smartly enough too, considering their respective sizes, they have more chances to finesse and outsmart than plow through and overpower. In that regard, I love Gionta but I feel he might have a very rapid decline because of the way he plays, at the size he is.

But contrary to what many think, I feel this team has already a proper mix of hard nosed and perimeter players. I also think there is enough leadership and talent in this room to rise to the top. Maybe not all the way up, but closer than a .500 team, Markov or not. If they had progressed as a team for the last 3 years, they would be stronger, they'd get out of adversity quicker, they would have a better feel for one another and they wouldn't play Dr Jekyll Mr Hyde every freakin game. but they are not progressing, they are regressing. A few individual players are improving, but most of the offensive core is not pulling his weight.

I don't see, all emotions aside, how a sound manager looks at this and not see the forest behind the tree. Unless of course he has received specific instructions not to let the coach go, because of his contract structure, which I think is unlikely.
JM is indeed one of the highest paid coaches in the league, still has 2 more seasons left to his contract if Im not wrong, they will probably wish to avoid to fire him but at some point they will have no choice if this team keep playing below expectations.. Ending 9-10 or 11th in the standing would really hurt our future, not only you dont make the playoffs but the chances to draft an impact player at that rank are pretty slim.. Thats why I wanna see a convincing team soon cause if we arent in a good posture to make the playoffs comes the deadline, I think its time for a firesale.. Dont touch the young core, just trade guys like Cammy Moen Weber Spacek and Gill for the best returns.. and then pray we drop as much as possible in the standing to select a top end prospect..

As for Cammy compared to Pleks and Gionta.. the last 2, while not producing much lately still give their full effort, try to win their puck battles and are still pretty reliable defensively.. Cammy blows defensive coverage with regularity, thats what bother me the most..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 02:15 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
Cammi pisses me off. He's a good player: just not for us in the regular season with any sort of consistency.

Bring the intensity you bring to the playoffs every game, or **** off.

I can handle one game here or there where he's off: but it seems that he goes for stretches of weeks where he plays like utter ****. And the thing is that when he plays bad you know it's not for a lack of ability: it's actually a lack of "care."

And to top it all off is his ******** in the post-game interviews after losses. Just shut the **** up Cammi. Don't talk. We don't want to hear it. After 2 years, it's old. You say all the right things, but in the end, you truly believe none of it. Unless it's playoffs. How bout we get there first?
I don't think anyone can bring 100% intensity in every regular season without burning themselves out, it's just not realistic. The people on this team who come the closest are probably Subban and Gionta, and even they show occasional laziness.

But Cammalleri takes it to another level. I sometimes suspect he thinks he's too good to bother during the regular season, and that's just unacceptable. He's great when he's on, but if he can't show that even half the time, why bother? At this point Kostitsyn is more valuable to the team than Cammy, and half the fanbase considers AK a bust.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 02:21 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen View Post
I don't see what's outrageous here. They're both perimeter players, hence the soft label, says nothing about character or compete level. But they are not heavy traffic players, smartly enough too, considering their respective sizes, they have more chances to finesse and outsmart than plow through and overpower. In that regard, I love Gionta but I feel he might have a very rapid decline because of the way he plays, at the size he is.

But contrary to what many think, I feel this team has already a proper mix of hard nosed and perimeter players. I also think there is enough leadership and talent in this room to rise to the top. Maybe not all the way up, but closer than a .500 team, Markov or not. If they had progressed as a team for the last 3 years, they would be stronger, they'd get out of adversity quicker, they would have a better feel for one another and they wouldn't play Dr Jekyll Mr Hyde every freakin game. but they are not progressing, they are regressing. A few individual players are improving, but most of the offensive core is not pulling his weight.

I don't see, all emotions aside, how a sound manager looks at this and not see the forest behind the tree. Unless of course he has received specific instructions not to let the coach go, because of his contract structure, which I think is unlikely.

I guess it's semantics for me, I think Plekanec is definitely a perimeter player who isn't very physical, it's just not his game, but he has a willingness to take punishment and has a much higher pain threshold than Cammalleri. Both avoid contact as much as they can - and it's smart to do so, but you see Pleks do what he has to, while Cammalleri is always the last person on this team to ever sacrifice his body. I can't blame him to some extent considering how easily he gets injured, but that's part of the issue. Plekanec can take a hit, Cammy will probably be out the rest of the game if he does, and that's a big difference.

I actually agree that we have a pretty good mix of grit and perimeter players, I think if anything we are more missing highly skilled puckhandlers who can dangle the puck, but that's another story. However this year we aren't struggling with garbage goals as much as we are constructed ones.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 03:10 AM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I guess it's semantics for me, I think Plekanec is definitely a perimeter player who isn't very physical, it's just not his game, but he has a willingness to take punishment and has a much higher pain threshold than Cammalleri. Both avoid contact as much as they can - and it's smart to do so, but you see Pleks do what he has to, while Cammalleri is always the last person on this team to ever sacrifice his body. I can't blame him to some extent considering how easily he gets injured, but that's part of the issue. Plekanec can take a hit, Cammy will probably be out the rest of the game if he does, and that's a big difference.
and yet isn't it a bit ironic... the smallish guy who is regularly willing to "take his lumps", is/has been quite healthy throughout his career (knock on wood), and the smallish guy who avoids contact like the plague is always getting hurt...

recently read a line that went something like:

"show me a guy who is hesitating on the rugby pitch, and I'll show you a guy about to get injured".

I coach a contact sport as well, and I teach the young athletes the same thing... because that's also what I experienced at the highest levels.

of course there's no statistical evidence to back up claims like that (and you certainly have evidence of "kamikazee" type players who are always getting hurt), but I'd still argue that at some subconcious level, the act of hesitation/avoidance actually leaves your body in more injury prone situations/positions.

perhaps it's the simple "bracing" that is inevitable as you prepare for contact, that helps absorb the impact and reinforce the joints vs. the active attempts at "getting out of the way" which actually open up and expose muscles/joints... who knows.

anyways, Cammy trying his best not to get hurt clearly doesn't work, so maybe it's time someone convince him to start getting his nose dirty

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 04:48 AM
habsjunkie2*

I would say Sam Gagner, a wealth of talent but his lack of size, strength and physicality make him a borderline NHLer.

Not good enough for top 6 and too soft for bottom 6, he's the Yannick Weber of forwards, a tweener.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 09:57 AM
gillyguzzler

He's a shooter that's not shooting much.
He's a sniper that's not sniping. Two greats chances yesterday and he shoots in Luongo's gut.
He's not a digger and he's playing with undersized linemates.
He's a playoff performer and it's not the playoffs yet.
He's a moody player who gets worse when he's not scoring.

I really don't know what his trade value is but I'd really consider trading him. He could be very valuable to a team like Washington or Chicago or even Vancouver. We'd have to take on salary to trade him though.

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 10:11 AM
couris

hes afraid of getting hit

couris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 10:15 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Im seriously asking the question.. discuss..
Not even close.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 12:34 PM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

No, he's not, however I understand we made an outstanding trade today for someone who is.

The French Canadian rule: Read about it, go to bed smarter.

http://ultimatehockeynetwork.com/the...-or-fiction-2/
loadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 12:40 PM
habitue*

I regret the day (July 1st 2009) Gainey wenty crazy on his shopping spree and got Gomez, Cammy and Gionta !!!!... Could we be smaller and softer ?

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 12:43 PM
Souvenirs

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
Cammy is a girl ... wait for his book in 5 years when he reveals it all.
**** off.

But I don't know wtf is wrong with Cammy. Sure, he's streaky, gets frustrated when he doesn't score, but I've never seen him play so badly. He wasn't like that in his first year with Mtl. He looks really unmotivated, while he used to try every game. He wasn't such a lazy player.

Souvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 01:02 PM
Jamie Thomas

vCash: 50
If Cammalleri was the softest player on this team, which I don't think he was, well he lost his title the moment Tomas Kaberle became a member of the Montreal Canadiens. Watch and see, this is what a soft player looks like.

Jamie Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 01:24 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

all this Cammalleri hate is like music to my ears.

( im ReenMachine )

BenchBrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 01:24 PM
karatekid

He's def. up there.

karatekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 01:28 PM
Aurel Joliat

He is one of the softest player, along with Semin...

Cammalleri is a sinper. It's normal that we do not see him a lot during games but when he does not score, he is completely useless.

And playing in the softest team in the NHL don't help him

Aurel Joliat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 01:53 PM
Ross MacLochness

Yes. Yes he is.

And in the last 127 regular season games, Cammalleri has had TWO 2-goal games.

He's scored 3 points in a single game ONCE in that same time.

6 million dollars.

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 01:58 PM
Pascal

Does anyone else notice every player on the team is playing to the image of their coach? How are they suppose to be competitive beasts when the coach just acts as if he's in a museum every game?

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 01:59 PM
canadiensnation
Go Habs Go

Hes not that soft.
He hates Martin.
He is streaky at times.
He is injured to along with Gionta

canadiensnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 02:30 PM
Ollie Williams

vCash: 356
Considering the Kaberle trade materialized shortly after this thread was created (as if to prove it wrong), I think we must make a new thread to force PG to make another trade to prove the new thread wrong. This time we can make it in our favor (ie: "Is Emelin the toughest player in the league?" or "Is Plekanec the highest scoring forward in the league?")

Edit: "Is Gomez the cheapest player in the league?"

Ollie Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 02:37 PM
Mansfield
possession obsession

No, Kaberle is.

coolface.gif

Mansfield is offline   Reply With Quote