HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

9/12/11|7:00 PM|snet-o|Leafs @ Capitals|Washington Capitals, Pepper Your Angus|

Closed Thread

Old
12-09-2011, 02:37 PM
MoreMogilny
Cap'n

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezle View Post
are we trying to waste Connolly's abilities. Still think Connolly will help Lupul and Kessel more.
I like that the offense is spread out. Bozak has great chemistry on the top line, and Connolly is able to produce more offense with lesser linemates than Bozak could.

I quite like the lines.

12-09-2011, 02:38 PM
Sergei Berezin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafOfBread View Post
Agreed. It's a shame we'll probably never get to see it in action. Reminds me of how the Stalberg-Bozak-Hanson line looked great together yet they were never used except for the last few games of the '09-'10 season where they looked pretty good (both Stalberg and Hanson finally started scoring at the end there), however Stalberg was traded away and Hanson failed to make this team.
Speaking of whom... Hanson has 8 points so far in the AHL - I think Burke made a wise decision letting him go.

Old
12-09-2011, 02:39 PM
LeeIs
M a t s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrence View Post
TSNScottyMac Scott MacArthur

#Leafs lines at #Capitals: Lupul-Bozak-Kessel, MacArthur-Grabovski-Kulemin, Frattin-Connolly-Armstrong, Crabb-Steckel-Dupuis .. #NHL
1 hour ago
Good to see them back together.

I know, just like every single leaf fan, I really want that line to get back to last year's form. This team would be something else.

3rd line is kind of a mix. connolly's nice play making and the board work of army and to a lesser extent frattin. hopefully they click.

4th i like as well.

Old
12-09-2011, 02:46 PM
SprDaVE

MacArthur and Grabovski have played well for the most part. Probably not at the rate of last year but respectable.

Kulemin on the other has been an absolute dud.

If Wilson can bench Schenn for bad play, Kulemin should get the same fate if he keeps it up.

Old
12-09-2011, 02:50 PM
Suntouchable13

Kulemin will score tonight. Come on, he has to. This is getting pretty ridiculous.

Old
12-09-2011, 02:52 PM
thepatient

I don't understand the hate for kulemin he's been turning it around last couple weeks. I thought he was awesome last game against nj he just needs to score

Old
12-09-2011, 02:55 PM
The Reaper
Men of Mayhem

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntouchable13 View Post
Kulemin will score tonight. Come on, he has to. This is getting pretty ridiculous.
agreed

Old
12-09-2011, 02:56 PM
SteveV*

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepatient View Post
I don't understand the hate for kulemin he's been turning it around last couple weeks. I thought he was awesome last game against nj he just needs to score
Really, awesome? Kulemin has been better the last couple games, but to say he's been awesome is just ridiculous.

Here's hoping he starts potting the odd goal because this is getting old fast...

Old
12-09-2011, 02:57 PM
Pi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepatient View Post
He's not being hated. I feel bad for him, he's had a ton of chances but when things aren't going for you, it all just sucks. The good thing though is that he's still solid defensively as ever and hasn't really cost us a game in frustration of not scoring etc.

Old
12-09-2011, 02:59 PM
SteveV*

Love the lines as well. Bozak deserves to stay on the top line for now, so to have a Connolly on your third line with Armstrong and Frattin, that just looks great on paper.

Old
12-09-2011, 03:00 PM
Beleafer4

Quote:
Why would they do that ahead of winning? The goal is to make the playoffs. I don't think they are trying to get Bozak 55+ points. He just has earned the chance to play up there for now. Simple as that.
No man, kessel and lupul have been just as productive with bozak as they have been with connolly. Connolly brings better zone coverage and playmaking, but poor boardwork, which is already the achilles heel of that line. And its not like that line NEEDS more playmaking as lupul and kessel arent too shabby in that department. Actually, connolly helps more in other lines where playmaking is needed. So in fact, we dont decrease our chances of winning at all, but make bozak a 50 point player to boot. That, my friend, is asset management.

Old
12-09-2011, 03:09 PM
Penalty Kill Icing*
Fire Carlyle

To be honest, we as a fanbase, have been pretty tolerant with Kulemin (not that I want it other way, just saying).

Its like Bruins fans congratulating the other team on a win, just after Bruins had won 10 in a row

Old
12-09-2011, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaiveLeafsFan View Post
I still like 3 scoring lines.

Frattin-Bozak-Armstrong is just a line of plugs. At least with Connolly you get some skill.
I agree. Lupul and Kessel make anyone dangerous; Connolly makes Frattin/Armstrong/whoever more dangerous. Three lines are better than two.

I would've liked to see Frattin stay with Grabo and Kulemin -- they were dominating last game.

Old
12-09-2011, 03:45 PM
Trigger96

what game were you watching? Frattin hasn't dominated anything yet..

Old
12-09-2011, 03:46 PM
MeowLeafs
LM is awesome

Quote:
That's what I said last game. And the one before that...

Old
12-09-2011, 03:46 PM
masyo88*

Why the hell is Dupuis still in the lineup?? We have a better version of Dupuis and his name is Crabb. Wilson's obsession with speed and players like Dupuis is absurd to me. Rosehill should be playing over Dupuis, in my opinion we have enough speed and finesse in the top three and need some pugnacity and grit badly. Rosehill provides that to us, and he can skate and checks hard and actually dropes the glove for his team mates and does something on the ice unlike Dupuis. Please don't say Dupuis penalty killing skills , cause he is so over rated at that to and we got guys in the lineup now better then him like Crabb and Army I'm not worried about the penalty kill. What happened to being a tough team eh Burkie?

Old
12-09-2011, 03:48 PM
Baba Ganoush

i said the other day i wanted to see the Grabovski line of last year reuinited before Kulemin gets benched...so glad it's happening tonight. need to get him on the score sheet...cause if that line starts to click the way they did last year, and Kessel/Lupul keep playing so well, we'll be one tough team to beat.

plus it's nice having some skill on the 3rd line.

i don't see how Connolly is being wasted. even on the "3rd" line with Army and Frattin, he's with two good players, and he'll still likely play up near 20 minutes since he'll be on the PP and PK.

these are the best line combos we've rolled with in a while imo. looking forward to this one!

Old
12-09-2011, 03:48 PM
ktf

Send a message via MSN to ktf
I can see that Connelly line being very useful. I think that line will probably be the difference maker tonight for good or bad. Hopefully Colby isn't too rusty.
This line-up is great for the potential balance it has. That 4th line is one of the best 4th lines we've had in years(especially once you add Brown).

Old
12-09-2011, 03:49 PM
BernierNo1Fan
Trade Phaneuf

At least put Connolly on the first PP unit ffs.

Old
12-09-2011, 03:50 PM
Terrence

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktf View Post
I can see that Connelly line being very useful. I think that line will probably be the difference maker tonight for good or bad. Hopefully Colby isn't too rusty.
This line-up is great for the potential balance it has. That 4th line is one of the best 4th lines we've had in years(especially once you add Brown).
This. I can't wait to run a Crabb-Steckel-Brown 4th line.

Old
12-09-2011, 03:58 PM
VO5

Leafs 4-3 ot

Kessel

Old
12-09-2011, 04:00 PM
Schennanigans

Connolly has been the most consistent Centre this season and he's on the 3rd line? I like the balance of the top 9, but he's been better than both Bozak and Grabo.

Old
12-09-2011, 04:02 PM
LakeshoreWest
Leafs in 7

GO leafs GO

Old
12-09-2011, 04:04 PM
shaner89

Loving the line combos.

Let's have a big game tnt

Old
12-09-2011, 04:11 PM
LakeshoreWest
Leafs in 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schennanigans View Post
Connolly has been the most consistent Centre this season and he's on the 3rd line? I like the balance of the top 9, but he's been better than both Bozak and Grabo.
Connolly may be a better player than Grabo or Bozak individually, but this also means he can create more with our third line, giving us much deeper scoring presence overall.

Just as you said, the balance of the top 9 looks great, and this outweighs the benefits of putting Connolly up front and having a possibly stronger first line but a definitely weaker third line that isn't much of a scoring threat at all, with Bozak in his place.

Closed Thread