HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

9/12/11|7:00 PM|snet-o|Leafs @ Capitals|Washington Capitals, Pepper Your Angus|

Closed Thread

Old
12-09-2011, 04:13 PM
NikolaiTesla*
This team is waffle!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrence View Post
TSNScottyMac Scott MacArthur

#Leafs lines at #Capitals: Lupul-Bozak-Kessel, MacArthur-Grabovski-Kulemin, Frattin-Connolly-Armstrong, Crabb-Steckel-Dupuis .. #NHL
1 hour ago
I thought the whole idea of acquiring Connolly was to end the Bozak experiment. Can the better player finally be put back on to the first line? Bozak is just riding coat tails up there anyway. Sorry Bozak lovers, but watch his numbers plummet when not playing with two of the hottest players in the league at the moment. Tim gives them more chances, Bozak blows chances.

Lineup should properly be:
Lupul-Connolly-Kessel, MacArthur-Grabovski-Kulemin, Frattin-Bozak-Armstrong, Crabb-Steckel-Dupuis

I wouldn't even mind seeing Armstrong and Kulemin swapped, just to give Kulemin a kick in the arse.

Old
12-09-2011, 04:14 PM
LakeshoreWest
Leafs in 7

Anyone else think Frattin-Connolly-Armstrong has potential to be a sick third line? I can see Connolly and Armstrong getting some good chemistry going especially.

Old
12-09-2011, 04:17 PM
NikolaiTesla*
This team is waffle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrence View Post
This. I can't wait to run a Crabb-Steckel-Brown 4th line.
Dupuis is the best PK guy they have, I'm not sure they are in a rush to take him out of the lineup. He isn't dressed because of injuries, they believe he earned that spot.

Sure, he isn't putting up Crosby numbers like most people around here for some reason were expecting, but a 4th liner who was brought on for defensive purposes was never intended to do so.

Old
12-09-2011, 04:33 PM
SteveV*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikolaiTesla View Post
I thought the whole idea of acquiring Connolly was to end the Bozak experiment.
Yes, because it's STILL July and Bozak HASN'T taken it to another level.

Old
12-09-2011, 04:35 PM
YellowJacket

Is there any other way to watch this game in Ottawa besides using an internet stream or going to a bar? I really hate how most of the past couple of games were in Sportsnet and it's friggin blacked out here.

And I just checked the schedule and the next game is on Sportsnet again. ****

Old
12-09-2011, 04:36 PM
The Viper
Legolas

vCash: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowJacket View Post
Is there any other way to watch this game in Ottawa besides using an internet stream or going to a bar? I really hate how most of the past couple of games were in Sportsnet and it's friggin blacked out here.

And I just checked the schedule and the next game is on Sportsnet again. ****
get Center Ice

Old
12-09-2011, 04:37 PM
Schennanigans
HFBoards Sponsor

The problem with Bozak is he's not effective unless he's playing with high skilled guys like Kessel and Lupul. He's not as effective on the 3rd line, Connolly can play with anything so he ends up on the 3rd. I could see why the lines are the way they are. Bozak is good where he is, and Connolly will be good where ever he is. But at the cost of depth Connolly ends up on the 3rd line, and that's not why he was brought here.

Old
MoreMogilny
Cap'n

Quote:
I thought the whole idea of acquiring Connolly was to end the Bozak experiment. Can the better player finally be put back on to the first line? Bozak is just riding coat tails up there anyway. Sorry Bozak lovers, but watch his numbers plummet when not playing with two of the hottest players in the league at the moment. Tim gives them more chances, Bozak blows chances.

Lupul-Connolly-Kessel, MacArthur-Grabovski-Kulemin, Frattin-Bozak-Armstrong, Crabb-Steckel-Dupuis

I wouldn't even mind seeing Armstrong and Kulemin swapped, just to give Kulemin a kick in the arse.
I'm sorry, but that assessment tells me that you hardly seem to be paying attention to what Bozak is doing.

Yes, Connolly was acquired to play on the top line with Kessel, but the play of Bozak has allowed them to spread out the scoring ability, and maximize production throughout the lineup. Bozak may not be able to produce at a high clip without them, but he sure as heck works well with them. He isn't riding coattails, he's a legitimate offensive threat, and has been a key defensive presence on that line.

LeafErikson*
Ice to meet you

Bozak is better in the circle, and more responsible defensively than Connolly. I would like to see Connolly on the left point on the pp w/ Dion, however.

Old
12-09-2011, 04:44 PM
Quadruple Dion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK View Post
Someone is too fixated on anuses. Or is it ani?
Well... since you asked...

Yes, it IS "ani", being a second-declension, masculine Latin noun: http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/...Aentry%3Danus1

Old
12-09-2011, 04:46 PM
jmart21
MISC!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobimMugatu View Post
I personally prefer Dupuis

Yes sir.
Finally another miscer! Chhhhhh'eahhhhhh!

Old
12-09-2011, 04:50 PM
Everlong
JoeyBats

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreMogilny View Post
I'm sorry, but that assessment tells me that you hardly seem to be paying attention to what Bozak is doing.

Yes, Connolly was acquired to play on the top line with Kessel, but the play of Bozak has allowed them to spread out the scoring ability, and maximize production throughout the lineup. Bozak may not be able to produce at a high clip without them, but he sure as heck works well with them. He isn't riding coattails, he's a legitimate offensive threat, and has been a key defensive presence on that line.
MM gets it. From what we've see so far the past few seasons since Kessel has arrived, whoever is centering him doesn't have that much of a positive/negative effect in terms of his production. Kessel creates his own offense for the most part and only recently (jan 2011) has he found chemistry with another player, Lupul. Bozak's effectiveness comes and goes on that top line, but the important thing is that they have chemistry and Bozak can be a defensive anchor to let the other two make plays down low. Connolly and Grabovski have all been tried in between with limited improvement. Considering Kessel/Lupul can create their own offense, as can Grabo, as can Connolly, it makes sense to split them up to create depth at least for now.

Old
12-09-2011, 04:53 PM
Saul Goodman
Attorney at law

Quote:

if the top line is producing with bozak it makes perfect sense to have connolly on another line as he's an excellent playmaker. once the line struggles or bozak's play drops off connolly will find his way back on the 1st line.

Old
12-09-2011, 04:56 PM
Suntouchable13

2 points, please. I don't care if it is in a shootout, OT, or in regulation. 2 points is all I care about. I don't care about giving a conference opponent a point, as long as the Leafs get 2.

Old
12-09-2011, 04:59 PM
Darcy Tucker

is Reimer starting or Goose?

Old
12-09-2011, 05:01 PM
The Viper
Legolas

vCash: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Tucker View Post
is Reimer starting or Goose?
Reims

Old
12-09-2011, 05:02 PM
Run705
The705Collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart21 View Post
Finally another miscer! Chhhhhh'eahhhhhh!
you aware brah?

Old
12-09-2011, 05:04 PM
Run705
The705Collection

Please respond.

Old
12-09-2011, 05:06 PM
Grabowaffle84

Lets Go Boys!!!

Old
12-09-2011, 05:06 PM
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
Yes, because it's STILL July and Bozak HASN'T taken it to another level.
haha this. well played sir.

Connolly is a gifted set up man, but Kessel and Lupul don't need him right now while other lines do. it's obvious why Bozak is still on that line to me.

Old
12-09-2011, 05:08 PM
KULEMINakajesus

but who has phone?

Old
12-09-2011, 05:10 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Big game for the Leafs and so lets hope for a big win.

Go Leafs Go

Old
12-09-2011, 05:11 PM
Terrence
Registered Slacker

Quote:
Dupuis is the best PK guy they have, I'm not sure they are in a rush to take him out of the lineup. He isn't dressed because of injuries, they believe he earned that spot.

Sure, he isn't putting up Crosby numbers like most people around here for some reason were expecting, but a 4th liner who was brought on for defensive purposes was never intended to do so.
He's got zero points thus far. That's not even close to Crosby numbers.

Anyways, while I acknowledge that he is the best penalty killer we have, I believe the combo of Brown and Crabb is better. All Dupuis really brings to the table is excellent PK'ing ablilities. He's not really good at much else, and he seems like he has a terrible attitude (pointing fingers against Boston on Saturday).

Brown brings toughness, he's good on the forecheck, and he can kill penalties (albeit not as good as Dupuis). The main reason I like Crabb is the heart. Can't remember who were playing but (pretty sure it was Boston) and we were losing and playing pretty bad. Crabb dropped the mitts. That, to me showed that he was disgusted about the team's performance and wanted to inject some life into the team. It showed me that he cared. Crabb can also put the puck in the net occasionally unlike both Brown and Dupuis. I believe Crabb has earned a spot on the roster.

Last edited by Terrence: 12-09-2011 at 05:17 PM.
Old
12-09-2011, 05:13 PM
InTermsOf*

Quote:

lol, I'm pretty sure most people were simply expecting a number. Any at all, not the doughnut that is concerning most people.

But yeah, I think him and Brown (as much as I love the guy) are interchangeable at this point.

Old
12-09-2011, 05:17 PM
LeafErikson*
Ice to meet you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
Big game for the Leafs and so lets hope for a big win.

Go Leafs Go
There's no tomorrow.
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing.
When you get to the fork in the road, take it.
Poker in the front, liqeur in the back.
There's no I in theam, but there is an I in pie. (the anagram for team is meat)
Never give up, never surrender.

Closed Thread