HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Sabres preaching patience

Old
12-13-2011, 08:41 PM
Fire Me
Cleared, BUT NOT OUT

vCash: 500
I am sooooo patient right now, dude.

Fire Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 09:21 PM
ckg927

vCash: 400
Send a message via Yahoo to ckg927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katana View Post
Ted Black strikes me as the kind of guy who is a good poker player. The worst thing a team executive can do is say something that tells the other teams that they are desperate to make a roster move.

He's also wise enough not to undercut Ruff while he is still coach.

Something tells me that when the time comes -- BOOM -- Pegula and Black will make big moves that no one will see coming.
And by then, it may already be too late for the moves to have any consequence. Start making them now. I do NOT want us to still be having this conversation 2 months from now.

ckg927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 09:26 PM
static80

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckg927 View Post
And by then, it may already be too late for the moves to have any consequence. Start making them now. I do NOT want us to still be having this conversation 2 months from now.
I don't think the Sabres can make a run in the second half of the season like they did last season. Their goaltending has finally come back down to earth and the lack of finish and offensive zone threat is clearly missing from this roster.

They don't have 2 months, so the conversation then will be toward the off season. If the organization doesn't make a move in the next week or 2, I am of the opinion that you can write this season off.

You can't fix compete when the players aren't buying the guide for it from the salesman.

static80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 09:58 PM
SabresFanNorthPortFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katana View Post
Ted Black strikes me as the kind of guy who is a good poker player. The worst thing a team executive can do is say something that tells the other teams that they are desperate to make a roster move.

He's also wise enough not to undercut Ruff while he is still coach.

Something tells me that when the time comes -- BOOM -- Pegula and Black will make big moves that no one will see coming.
Agree 100%.

We added talent in the offseason, more probably than any other of the Sabres history. Pegula is a fan, Black is a hockey guy, Regier has ALWAYS impressed me with his savvy hockey knowledge and trades. If WE know the short comings of this team, they do too. There have been more whispers of the Sabres inquiring (think Bobby Ryan) than ever before. I find it hard to believe that they will stand pat with this team. If there is no question in our minds the Rochester Core needs a shake up, there is none in their minds. They are just waiting for the right deal and one or more of that core will be dealt.

100% agree it will come out of no where.

SabresFanNorthPortFL is offline   Reply With Quote