Old
12-09-2011, 02:36 PM
Hammer Slammer
#MBMoose

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
I'm sorry what did you say? You should delete that comment.
It's okay, I fixed it. Nobody saw it, right? Saw what? That's correct.

12-09-2011, 02:36 PM
Jet
More Finnz pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
I'm sorry what did you say? You should delete that comment.
Way to quote it Guerzy.

12-09-2011, 02:37 PM
OthmarAmmann
Money making machine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustGivingEr View Post
I have to miss some/most/all of this game Stupid exam. This will be only my third missed game all year, and all three due to exams/mid-term. I'm contemplating dropping out of uni and becoming a full-time Jets fan but that might cost me down the line.

I really hope we can pick up the win here. Detroit is going to be a really hard game and it would be nice if we could go in there riding a four game win streak and not a one game losing streak.

Go Jets Go!
Stick with it. Once you get a good job you can start missing games because of work instead.

Old
12-09-2011, 02:38 PM
Guerzy
HFBoards Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
It's okay, I fixed it. Nobody saw it, right? Saw what? That's correct.
Thank you. And, I have no idea what you or anyone is talking about. I didn't see anything.

Old
12-09-2011, 02:41 PM
Turbofan
Just shoot it Toby!!

Guess Klingberg really should have shot instead of deking.

Old
12-09-2011, 02:51 PM
Mungman
It's you not me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMonty View Post
I'm laughing at the GDT, and pissed at the same time - stupid Christmas party tonight, because I could've gone to the game. Arghhhhh...

I bet the ice is going to be really bad tonight. I got my wife and her sister tickets for Prince last night and they said it was really really hot in the arena.

Even after being the good husband, she's still making me go to the party instead of the game.

Mason with the *EXPLETIVE DELETED* tonight, Wheeler and Stapleton and Kane with the hat-trick score the goals in a 5-0 win. Byfuglien gets honourable mention for no bad passes or pinches.

My 2 cents
It's now ok for Puckschmuck to come back the *EXPLETIVE DELETED* torch has officially been passed on to Darth Monty!

We should come up with an avatar that the most recent person to use the word *EXPLETIVE DELETED* in a GDT before the end of a game is forced to use, like a scarlet letter.

Old
12-09-2011, 02:54 PM
BigTuna49
#WPGWHITEOUT

vCash: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
Don't like either move.

Antro in obviously but not for Klingberg, and don't like Kulda sitting for Jones.

Kulda is long term and Jones is short, why make this move when we're 7-2-1 in the last 10.
Stop gaps. They really are taking their time with some of these young guys, but Kulda is really coming into his own. I understand why he's out because we need another D-man on the PP in Flood. I could easily see with a healthy line-up Kulda being played over Flood. Unfortunately we don't have that luxury.

Jaffary over Klingberg I just don't like. Klingberg has already shown to have better hands, speed, size, etc. I mean, is Jaffary really gonna play more then Klingberg would? But, could just be a stop gap. Be patient with Klingberg this year and let go of the restraints next year. I really think he can be a good 3rd line forward. One thing I'm wondering is what else will he be used for. He can't just be a 3rd line forward without any kind of flexibility. I imagine he has to learn to be a decent PK guy as well. Maybe they see more potential in him. There is quite some talent there.

Old
12-09-2011, 02:54 PM
King Woodballs
**** This Place

vCash: 375
the first person to use that word should get a 2 gdt ban
such foul language is not required on this board... or even the internet as a whole.

Old
12-09-2011, 02:58 PM
Guerzy
HFBoards Contributor

Re; the Jets having a possible let down tonight after the big win over Boston. This is where I want to see us come out and dictate how this game is going to go. We need to be at our absolute best because that's what great teams do on a game-to-game basis.

If we do have a let down game, we deserve it because if we think we are good enough to take anybody lightly, we deserve to get our ***** handed to us and be embarrassed in our own barn.

This is where the bad, good and great teams separate themselves. Will we take that step or not?

Now come on, Jets, go out and play your game. Dictate the play and how this game is going to go. When you do that, you can beat ANYBODY or play toe to toe, punch for punch, round for round, with ANYBODY in this league.

Old
12-09-2011, 03:01 PM
Mungman
It's you not me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
Stop gaps. They really are taking their time with some of these young guys, but Kulda is really coming into his own. I understand why he's out because we need another D-man on the PP in Flood. I could easily see with a healthy line-up Kulda being played over Flood. Unfortunately we don't have that luxury.
I agree, they really are showing their commitment to the long game here. It really is refreshing to see (if not a little frustrating), this group in the long term has the opportunity to thrive a couple of seasons down the road when they are allowed to develop without being rushed like they were by ASG.

Old
12-09-2011, 03:04 PM
bluefan

This should be a good one tonight. Jets roaring to keep a winning streak going, and Hurricanes coming off their first win in like...a month?

Which reminds me, I better go buy a toy for a chance at that Ladd jersey tonight

Old
12-09-2011, 03:07 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

In don't know, Flood and Jaffray over Kulda and Klingberg wreaks of Moose favoritism.

Old
12-09-2011, 03:10 PM
tbcwpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJG View Post
In don't know, Flood and Jaffray over Kulda and Klingberg wreaks of Moose favoritism.
Flood over Kulda reeks of keeping your contract options open.

Jaffray over Klingberg does seem strange though, although perhaps Noel prefers to go with someone he's familiar with, especially if it's 5 to 6 minutes only.

Old
12-09-2011, 03:22 PM
broinwhyteridge

vCash: 1105
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigplay41 View Post
Huge games the jets have to win these kind of games to make the playoffs
Most definately.

Is this one of the few times the Jets have played a team with a worse record than they have?

Old
12-09-2011, 03:24 PM
Kinjero
Friends... for-ev-er

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJG View Post
I can see where you'd get that, but I would call it more of a safe move. Who does the coach trust more to do his bidding? Not to mention Kuldas contract issue. That being said, I'd also like to see Klingberg play more.

Old
12-09-2011, 03:24 PM
WPGNYRFan

Sigh, my co-STH and I decided to sell a game off this month and this is the one we're missing. Mainly to be nice to friends and give some of them a chance to see a game. This will only be the second home game I've missed this year, the other being Pittsburgh. It's going to feel really weird watching a home game from my couch. Oh well, Go Jets Go!

Old
12-09-2011, 03:33 PM
tbcwpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by WPGNYRFan View Post
Sigh, my co-STH and I decided to sell a game off this month and this is the one we're missing. Mainly to be nice to friends and give some of them a chance to see a game. This will only be the second home game I've missed this year, the other being Pittsburgh. It's going to feel really weird watching a home game from my couch. Oh well, Go Jets Go!
It's cheaper watching it at home I can easily drop about $80 per game with 50/50 and buying my girlfriends and myself drinks. I think this was probably the safe one this month to drop though, the Canes have already come once, and are coming again, so you're not missing any big stars playing in the city for the first time (except Cam Ward I guess).

Remember the Shaw TSN Jets preview has expired already so order it before 7:30 if you haven't, and are with Shaw.

Old
12-09-2011, 03:35 PM
Tintin's Ghost

Carolina looked really good against the Oilers on Wed. Just one win under Muller but the last 2 games they showed some fight and played a great game. Will be wrong to take the Canes lightly. Noel said they would make sure no let down after the big game vs. the B's.

Tonight will be another test for consistency, hallmark of a good team. Winning tonight will be a good step towards becoming a consistently good team (which Jets need to be for this homestand to stay in playoff race). Losing won't be apocalyptic but will sure be a massive let down after Boston and put us behind the 8 ball going into Detroit.

Noel is better man than I. If I was coach, Pavs in tonight and throw Mason to the octopus, er, wolves of Joe Louis. Just to increase our chances.

Old
12-09-2011, 03:40 PM
Tintin's Ghost

And to the GDT maker...

Thanks for the game stream links. First time I noticed it, very helpful.

Old
12-09-2011, 03:41 PM
Jet
More Finnz pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tintin's Ghost View Post
Carolina looked really good against the Oilers on Wed.
EVERYONE looks pretty good against the Oilers lately. Man, have they ever lost their mojo.

Who knew losing 2 afterthought defencemen and Hall would impact them so strongly.

We need to crush the Canes will early.

Old
12-09-2011, 03:47 PM
2 12 oz Drinks
Or Less

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
Haha I was lurking on here when I saw this. So awesome!

Good luck tonight and I hope it's a great game.

Old
12-09-2011, 03:49 PM
Tintin's Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
EVERYONE looks pretty good against the Oilers lately. Man, have they ever lost their mojo.

Who knew losing 2 afterthought defencemen and Hall would impact them so strongly.

We need to crush the Canes will early.
Yeah the Oil seem a bit lost. Their my #2 team and it's kinda shocking how they went from ultra-dominant to oblivious in a span of 12 games. One of those afterthought defenseman is Corey Potter who is having a fantastic year (a la Flood but even better stats). Potter's injury has been a huge hole on their D that not even Whitney's return could plug. Hall expects to win, not even some Oil vets act like that. Missing Hall hurts their psyche as much as anything IMO.

The Canes showed how quick they transition on turnovers against the Oil. Everytime Oil D pinched on the powerplay they got burned by odd man rush and gave up 2 shorties. I hope Buff was watching.

Old
12-09-2011, 04:51 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Jaffray is terrible and deserves to sit in the AHL like he's done his whole career. He will never be an NHL player, why is he here?

Old
12-09-2011, 04:56 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Cena View Post
Jaffray is terrible and deserves to sit in the AHL like he's done his whole career. He will never be an NHL player, why is he here?
You getting soft on Stapleton bro?

Old
12-09-2011, 05:01 PM
Warhead77
Jets4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Cena View Post
I agree.

He was initially brought up more as a "wake up call" to the established guys when the team was losing and playing badly.

Now that they have woke up, time to send Jaffrey back to where he belongs.

Closed Thread