HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oilers VS Avs

Closed Thread

Old
12-09-2011, 12:15 PM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabomb View Post
He's had 24 games to break out of his slump? Yah 24 games with no real quality linemates to play with and no PP time either. How the hell can you break out of a slump playing on the 3rd and 4th line all the time with players like Belanger and Petrell?

Now if Paajarvi was getting his fair shot with quality minutes and linemates and still struggling, then that would be a different story. But the guy hasn't had a fair shot ALL year long.

And btw nobody said anything about giving Lander and Petrell top line minutes too.
give ma a fn break he has averaged over 12 min a game more than alot, 3 min less ev strengthtime as Eberle and Rnh 289 flipping min has 1 primary assist bounce of a skate 2 second assists . How much more does he deserve, and now its his linemates fault who are producing better than him Petrell has played 3 min less a game and has produced more Lander a min less Eager 5 min less a game, saying he does not get quality mins is a joke he does f all with the min he gets. Have you maybe thought for a second it might be PRV who is at fault for his play.

Last edited by Oilmageddon*: 12-09-2011 at 12:25 PM.
Old
12-09-2011, 12:16 PM
Hockey Nightmare

I support putting Eager on the first line. Nobody laughed when Semenko was playing with Gretz.

Old
12-09-2011, 12:18 PM
BrinkOfGreatness*

I hope they play Khabby tonight and tomorrow. Who knows maybe Dubbs has a bounce back game tomorrow.

Old
12-09-2011, 12:28 PM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneman89 View Post
The pros we have running this team have produced two consecutive 30th place finishes in a 30 team league, and we are now 22nd in the league and dropping like a rock. Unless they introduce a 31st place finish, I'm not sure how anyone else or their ideas can be much worse.
Yea that happens when you blow up a team and rebuild or did you expect us finishing first overall while rebuilding.

Old
12-09-2011, 12:47 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Take the Shot View Post
I support putting Eager on the first line. Nobody laughed when Semenko was playing with Gretz.
That reminds me of the JFJ experiment on the 1st line on opening night from Quinns year of coaching.

Old
12-09-2011, 12:54 PM
Insta
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
I'm not really sure why people have the top two lines switched.

RNH-Eberle-whoever is the 2nd line.
Horcoff-whoever-whoever is the 1st line.

Horcoff 583 minutes TOI = +104
RNH 479 TOI

Horcoff 406 Even strength = +29
RNH 377

RNH 100 pp
Horcoff 92 = +8

Horcoff shifts 759 = +185
RNHshifts 574

Horcoff Avg minutes = 20.49
RNH Avg minutes = 17

Shawn Horcoff is our 1st line center and his line is the 1st line.
You are defining the "first line" as the line which gets the most ice time, which is fine. Most people define it as the line with the top offensive players on it.

Old
12-09-2011, 12:57 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
Gagner-RNH-Eberle being put together as a line despite the goal scored in garbage time in the last game is just
What is with the Renblender? I'm getting severe post 2006 MacT flashbacks with this guy more and more with each game.

We really REALLY need Hall back, i can't emphasize that enough.

I'm not going to make any predictions but i expect them to play with some fire in this game and if they lay an egg like they did against Carolina, all i have to say is
RUH ROH!!!
I wouldn't call this type of thing the blender treatment. The fact is that if things aren't working, the coaches need to switch the lines up a bit. Things have been awful for a few games now, we need to switch it up.

Old
12-09-2011, 12:57 PM
nabob
Nuuuuuuuuuuge!!

We want 10!

10-1 Colorado

no lording!

Horcoff gets 24+ and does nothing.
Gagner gets 18 on the kid line and shows that he doesnt belong with elite players ruining all the good cycling work by RNH and Ebs.
4th line plays 5 minutes and creates good chances on every shift.
No one does anything to Quincey or Wilson as ordered by Renney, HF pacifists celebrate this while bashing Sutton some more.
RNH and Eberle work a beauty give and go for the only OIlers goal.

Old
12-09-2011, 01:00 PM
Da McBomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by newoilburnsclean View Post
give ma a fn break he has averaged over 12 min a game more than alot, 3 min less ev strengthtime as Eberle and Rnh 289 flipping min has 1 primary assist bounce of a skate 2 second assists . How much more does he deserve, and now its his linemates fault who are producing better than him Petrell has played 3 min less a game and has produced more Lander a min less Eager 5 min less a game, saying he does not get quality mins is a joke he does f all with the min he gets. Have you maybe thought for a second it might be PRV who is at fault for his play.
Let me ask you something.. do you think Paajarvi has a better chance breaking out of his slump playing with guys like Eberle, RNH, and Hemsky.. or with guys like Petrell and Belanger? He could be playing 15-20 minutes a night with Belanger and Petrell and still not produce. What exactly did Gagner do during his slump to warrant his playing time with our other top forwards and PP time? IMO Gagner was struggling even worse than Paarjarvi before and he continued to get a chance to play with quailty linemates and get PP time from Renney. And look what happened.. he's starting to play better now. If Paajarvi can be given the same opportunity as Gagner, then he'd probably break out of his slump too. With our number one left winger in Hall out and our second left winger Smyth struggling and the whole team struggling in general as well.. this IS the best time to play Paajarvi on our top 2 lines to get him out of his funk. The guy scored 15 goals last season.. he's no dud.

Old
12-09-2011, 01:02 PM
nabob
Nuuuuuuuuuuge!!

Hopefully Renney does a better job of matching lines tonight. Matching Nuge up with Staal last game was stupid. If Horcoff needs a break maybe he shouldnt be playig 21-24 minutes a night.

Old
12-09-2011, 01:04 PM
Stoneman89

Quote:
Yea that happens when you blow up a team and rebuild or did you expect us finishing first overall while rebuilding.
They tried to trade young guys for Heatley and signed Khabby to a multi-year deal. Doesn't sound like a rebuild plan to me. They then proceeded to finish last. Last year I understand. The year before, they fell into it, after 3 years prior of missing the playoffs.

Old
12-09-2011, 01:05 PM
tv14

This game will be a telling game.

Either they go out and work to reprove themselves, or they hand another sub-par team a win on home ice and continue this terrible slide.

Honestly this team is very different from before, people are saying its because were missing Hall (which has some effect) but sooner or later the players who are playing need to step up and do something themselves, and take the responsibility on themselves to turn it around.

Old
12-09-2011, 01:08 PM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

Quote:
They tried to trade young guys for Heatley and signed Khabby to a multi-year deal, and then finished last Last year I get. The year before, they fell into it.
Yeah I guess the 500 man games lost to injury was the coaches fault and the 900 plus over last 2 years with all our top players missing signifagnt time had 0 to do with the last place finishes.

Old
12-09-2011, 01:08 PM
Stoneman89

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabob View Post
Hopefully Renney does a better job of matching lines tonight. Matching Nuge up with Staal last game was stupid. If Horcoff needs a break maybe he shouldnt be playig 21-24 minutes a night.
I said this before. Renney is going to burn out Horcoff and Smyth before Christmas. Looks like he's on the cusp of doing it. And that's not going to help anyone.

Old
12-09-2011, 01:09 PM
hockeyaddict101

Quote:
I could have played with Gretz and scored 20 goals.

Old
12-09-2011, 01:10 PM
Stoneman89

Quote:
Yeah I guess the 500 man games lost to injury was the coaches fault and the 900 plus over last 2 years with all our top players missing signifagnt time had 0 to do with the last place finishes.
And had a chance to move the most often injured guy, but kept him.

Old
12-09-2011, 01:12 PM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

Quote:
Really moved for what? you seem to be a expert on this fill me in what was the return? was it on the level we got for Penner? or was it some lowball offer.

Old
12-09-2011, 01:17 PM
Stoneman89

Quote:
Really moved for what? you seem to be a expert on this fill me in what was the return? was it on the level we got for Penner? or was it some lowball offer.

What do you think they could get for him now?

Old
12-09-2011, 01:18 PM
Koto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eytinge View Post

LineupsEDMONTON:
Gagner-Nugent-Hopkins-Eberle
Smyth-Horcoff-Hemsky
Eager-Belanger-Jones
Paajarvi-Lander-Petrell

Smid-Gilbert
Whitney-Petry
Peckham-Teubert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowzie View Post
Like how the lines look.
I would move hemsky to the "4th" line, jones too the 2nd line, and petrell to the "3rd" line

but yeah...theyre not bad

Old
12-09-2011, 01:19 PM
Eirhead*

Quote:
Ya... I was thinking about this the other day. Should put a Petrell / Eager / Hordichuk / Jones on 1 of each line with a strict mandate to go straight thuggin if you **** with our elite 3.

Old
12-09-2011, 01:22 PM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

Quote:
What do you think they could get for him now?
Why do we have to move him right now whats the urgency? what is he worth near deadline if he is back near a point per game and teams looking to add some offence will it be worth more than this moment? is Gagner's worth more now than a month ago . Whats Prv worth right now or should of moved him last year when he looked promising,geez this hindsight game is fun!

Old
12-09-2011, 01:27 PM
Cooperalls
Oiler Fan!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
That reminds me of the JFJ experiment on the 1st line on opening night from Quinns year of coaching.
or Belanger on the PP...

Old
12-09-2011, 01:34 PM
SometimesY

Quote:
I said this before. Renney is going to burn out Horcoff and Smyth before Christmas. Looks like he's on the cusp of doing it. And that's not going to help anyone.
Yep.. LA fans have admitted that Smyth started off with a bang there as well..

Old
12-09-2011, 01:47 PM
I am the Liquor
Nelson got screwed

vCash: 1271
Quote:
And traded for a guy that had a congenital defect in his feet.

Ring the bell!

Ding ding ding!

Old
12-09-2011, 01:50 PM
Eirhead*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SometimesY View Post
Yep.. LA fans have admitted that Smyth started off with a bang there as well..
Just give Smyth extra cheers and you'll pump him up for some scoring. It works, crowd is huge. We need more cheers

Closed Thread