HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Tomas Kaberle Traded to Montreal for Jaroslav Spacek

Closed Thread

Old
12-09-2011, 03:03 PM
NewHabsEra*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousHabs View Post
I don't think you understand what a PP QB is. Subban is the cannon. Weber is too, but his cannon will be collecting dust in the press box.
Sorry but Subban should learn that his stick doesnt have to touch the sky to generate power.. The kid has ton of work to do regarding his one timers and overall shot selections.. Weber's shot is hugely overrated as well.. the fact is, we have no shooters from the blueline on the PP, in my book, a good quarterback can do both setting up plays and have an intimidating shot..

Old
12-09-2011, 03:04 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Actually MacKenzie and Dreger both reported on july 1st that the habs were among the teams that made an offer for Richards.
And I seem to recall an article coming out a few weeks ago that confirmed gomez using his limited NTC to veto a trade. Rumours back at the trade deadline were that we tried to ship him to the islanders.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
Old
12-09-2011, 03:04 PM
Adam91

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNuts View Post
Humm, no. Players with a good utility per cap hit ratio (i.e. Getzlaf) on long term contracts are almost priceless and will never be traded for players that are soon UFA.

Players that are soon UFA are only worth more than players with long term contracts if the latter have a bad utility per cap hit ratio, such as Gomez.

Kaberle is better than Spacek.

I really, really hope your not comparing Getzlaf to Kaberle.

Its asset management, Kaberle is a significant cap hit who has played close to a calendar year of ****** hockey, therefore not an asset.

His 1 for 1 trade for Spacek suggest he is not better.

In fact, I think its debatable between Spacek and Kaberle straight up, factor in contract status and absolutely Spacek has greater value (is a greater asset) then Kaberle.

There is a salary cap Pierre, you just replaced a poor contract that was finally over, with another one.

Didn't see who mentioned it on twitter, but Kaberle, Markov, and Gomez have combined for 9 assists this season.

/terrible trade

Old
12-09-2011, 03:05 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Well, at least, this trade brings renewed anticipation and hope because Habs' been going nowhere lately.

Old
12-09-2011, 03:06 PM
Picaroon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
If Kaberle returns to the level of play he was at in Toronto this is a grand slam, if not.. It's just further cap trouble for a team with cap problems.

He needs to be a 40-50pt defenseman for this to work. It's too early to tell what we have on our hands, he was a player I was hoping we would target after the original Markov injury last season. I am a fan of the player (or atleast was when he played in TO). So for now I'm optimistic, but clearly this is a risk.
About sums it up.

No use bickering about it. It is what it is. Lets sit back and see what happens

Old
12-09-2011, 03:07 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Sorry but Subban should learn that his stick doesnt have to touch the sky to generate power.. The kid has ton of work to do regarding his one timers and overall shot selections.. Weber's shot is hugely overrated as well.. the fact is, we have no shooters from the blueline on the PP, in my book, a good quarterback can do both setting up plays and have an intimidating shot..
8 Months ago Subban was a beast on the PP, after adjusting his shot. It seems he's gone back to his old ways. Where is the coaching staff to help correct the issue? Obviously they aren't trying to work with him in the same way they did last year.

Old
12-09-2011, 03:07 PM
smon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
thats another possibility but he may also continue to collect his nhl paycheck in the minors like souray and redden. Its not a cap hit but we dont know if molson would be too fond of spending 4.25mil on an ahl player.

It does seem like a bit of a panic move. I would have at least waited to see if campoli could add any spark to the PP before even attempting a move like this.
It's a panic move, no doubt. But I'd try Kaberle as a PP quarterback over Campoli anyday. I'm going to hope anyway that the Molsons would be prepared to bury players if necessary. Obviously not the ideal way to build a club but a player with Kaberle's previous successes, good case of buy low if you can afford to take the risk. Frankly if Carolina waived him Montreal would not claim since Spacek would still be on the books.

Old
12-09-2011, 03:09 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
8 Months ago Subban was a beast on the PP, after adjusting his shot. It seems he's gone back to his old ways. Where is the coaching staff to help correct the issue? Obviously they aren't trying to work with him in the same way they did last year.
Maybe its in JM's notebook?

or maybe they are still doing research

Old
12-09-2011, 03:10 PM
HeShootsHeScores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poulet Kostopoulos View Post
Well, at least, this trade brings renewed anticipation and hope because Habs' been going nowhere lately.
Exactly. Can we at least hope this move will lead to something instead of whining?

It seems it's funnier to whine than to hope the team gets better.

Old
12-09-2011, 03:11 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I find it comical when people say they have no balls...

This is the same GM/owner that gambled on a "home run" in Markov instead of going the safe route and paying Wisniewski 5-5.5/year as a safer "double".

The same GM and owner who traded Halak when most of the fan base wanted to errect a statue of him and though Price was a bust.

If that's not balls I don't know what is?

People want "balls" but they want nothing to do with the risk(Gomez, Markov complications), it's like me wanting to invest in high yield stocks for the return but without the risk of losing the 35% when a recession hits...like wow!!!
Are you seriously referring to the Gomez trade as being 'ballsy'? Is it ballsy to put your hand in a woodchipper too?

And then you actually go on to use the stockmarket in your analogy here? How does buying high and selling low translate into anything but BAD investing?

Remind me to never, ever invest anything with you because you seem like the type of investor where money would go to die.

Old
12-09-2011, 03:11 PM
nfld77

Lebrun - Heard from an NHL GM who was absolutely shocked Carolina was able to move Kaberle's contract!!

Old
12-09-2011, 03:13 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan0791 View Post
Subban = 4m + n Gorges = 4m , thats the reality
No way Gorges makes more than 2.75.. Good vet with a great attitude, but a quality bottom pairing defenseman, no more..

Old
12-09-2011, 03:13 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poulet Kostopoulos View Post
Yes, this trade will be the Ex-Lax of our season and really get things going...

Old
12-09-2011, 03:14 PM
Guy Caballero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam91 View Post
who has played close to a calendar year of ****** hockey, therefore not an asset.
So what? A calendar year of bad hockey (on two new teams no less) versus ten years of excellent skilled play preceding that. I think the latter is a better indicator of what were going to get.

It's not like Gomez, whose contract was based on a couple of freak seasons. Kaberle has been money in the bank for ten years now.

Why are people so quick to write him off now as a wash-up? I just don't get it.

Old
12-09-2011, 03:16 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
No way Gorges makes more than 2.75.. Good vet with a great attitude, but a quality bottom pairing defenseman, no more..
So what 5-6 defenseman play 22 minutes a night and are +13?

Old
12-09-2011, 03:18 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero View Post
So what? A calendar year of bad hockey (on two new teams no less) versus ten years of excellent skilled play preceding that. I think the latter is a better indicator of what were going to get.

It's not like Gomez, whose contract was based on a couple of freak seasons. Kaberle has been money in the bank for ten years now.

Why are people so quick to write him off now as a wash-up? I just don't get it.
I dont think it started "now". Personally, I have been critical of kaberle since his final season with the leafs.

Old
12-09-2011, 03:18 PM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

[QUOTE=Hackett;40701807]thats another possibility but he may also continue to collect his nhl paycheck in the minors like souray and redden. Its not a cap hit but we dont know if molson would be too fond of spending 4.25mil on an ahl player.

It does seem like a bit of a panic move. I would have at least waited to see if campoli could add any spark to the PP before even attempting a move like this.[/QUOTE]

This is what I don't understand. If you tried Campoli and he sparked the powerplay then what is the point? Plus you'd still have Spacek who I think is better than either Campoli or Kaberle defensively. And evidently the Habs were only a few days away from having them both back in the lineup. It just seems like a knee jerk reaction to something else.

Why did the Habs sign Campoli to begin with - for the powerplay in place of Markov?

Old
12-09-2011, 03:19 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
I compare Gorges to Seidenberg of the Bruins. And Gorges is not a bottom pairing defenseman, the guy is our best D and plays the top lines. Seidenberg has a 3.25 cap hit so I see Gorges getting around 3 to 3.5

Old
12-09-2011, 03:19 PM
llamateizer

Quote:
Gorges earns 2.5 this season and becomes UFA

Old
12-09-2011, 03:20 PM
Andy

Quote:
This is what I don't understand. If you tried Campoli and he sparked the powerplay then what is the point? Plus you'd still have Spacek who I think is better than either Campoli or Kaberle defensively. And evidently the Habs were only a few days away from having them both back in the lineup. It just seems like a knee jerk reaction to something else.

Why did the Habs sign Campoli to begin with - for the powerplay in place of Markov?
Because they never signed him to replace Markov. Campoli said that the habs contacted him the moment he became a UFA after Chicago walked away from the arbitration awarding.

Old
Willie Nylander

leafs fan here, i wouldn't worry too much habs fans, as i could see him getting traded once more so i don't think you will have him after the deadline, i hope that helps

Old
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post

Kaberle is wishing he was a montreal canadien

well now he is one
Looks to me Kaberle is eyeing Emelin's spot...

Old
PyrettaBlaze*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfld77 View Post
Lebrun - Heard from an NHL GM who was absolutely shocked Carolina was able to move Kaberle's contract!!
What a joke. First we take on arguably the worst contract in the league (Gomez), and now this? GM's around the league are probably laughing at us right now.

Quote:
"I should have known better," Rutherford told the Raleigh News & Observer.

Kaberle, who won a Stanley Cup last season with the Boston Bruins after they acquired him from the Toronto Maple Leafs, immediately got off to a rough start with the Hurricanes.

"He hasn't played up to what we hoped he would have played, Rutherford told NHL Center Ice last month. "He came into camp and didn't prepare himself properly. He came in like the Boston Bruins did after winning the Stanley Cup and enjoyed his summer, and he hasn't caught up.

"He got off to a slow start by his own doing and now he has to figure out a way to get out of it or he won't be playing with the Hurricanes long."
http://aol.sportingnews.com/nhl/stor...-tomas-kaberle

I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER!!! Rutherford actually ADMITS that the contract is a ****ing disaster and yet Gauthier goes out and gets him anyway. I'm so tired of this ********.

Old
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfld77 View Post

just call Pierre G,(singin )"we will we will SHOCK YOU ,,,everybody now , we will we will SHOCK YOU" ....

I dunno, as much as i don't like Pierre G, this trade i don't mind.

Toronto traded him for a prospect and a first rounder and a conditional pick just last year at deadline, and there is NO WAY SPACKMAN would ever fetch that.

Kabby, all he got to do is turn it around , which i think he will do , he likes to play in Canada.

I think this trade is a high risk to reward for us ...out pp is rock bottom ,and Kabby on avg has had 25-30 points a yr on the pp...

Spin the wheel , see what happens , i'll tell ya way better than Plek on the point.

I just hope we don't regret this move/

Old
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Quote:
If they would have signed Gorges longer term last year, they might have got him for Marc Methot money at 3 Mil per. It's backfired & now will be closer to 4 easily.

Closed Thread