HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tomas Kaberle Traded to Montreal for Jaroslav Spacek

Closed Thread

Old
12-09-2011, 04:21 PM
FlavorFlav

vCash: 500
PG rearranging the deck chairs on the big boat again.

(2nd Titanic reference).

Meh, who cares, mediocrity breeds mediocrity. This team never changes.

Old
12-09-2011, 04:22 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

-Saw the trade.
-Was so pissed about it.
-Went to the gym thinking that it was just a bad dream.
-Came back from gym.
-Went on hfboards and saw the thread of the trade.
-Still pissed off.

Old
12-09-2011, 04:22 PM
smon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
What a joke. First we take on arguably the worst contract in the league (Gomez), and now this? GM's around the league are probably laughing at us right now.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nhl/stor...-tomas-kaberle

I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER!!! Rutherford actually ADMITS that the contract is a ****ing disaster and yet Gauthier goes out and gets him anyway. I'm so tired of this ********.
Why? Maybe now he's actually in game shape? He had 4 pts in the last 2 games, in fact. So this bit about him being in poor shape actually explains his craptacular play for the Canes.

Old
12-09-2011, 04:25 PM
HockeyMomx2

B's fan here in peace to offer my sympathies.

Old
12-09-2011, 04:26 PM

Quote:
What a joke. First we take on arguably the worst contract in the league (Gomez), and now this? GM's around the league are probably laughing at us right now.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nhl/stor...-tomas-kaberle

I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER!!! Rutherford actually ADMITS that the contract is a ****ing disaster and yet Gauthier goes out and gets him anyway. I'm so tired of this ********.
Who cares what an unamed GM has to say about the trade if he's not willing to put his name behind it.

I wonder what this unamed GM would of said about this trade had it been done at last year's deadline.

The Bruins got abused in that Kaberle trade yet everyone applauded Chiarelli for it at the time.

It doesn't really matter what the Habs do, mainstream media is ALWAYS going to rip them for it. Look at how they ripped the habs for signing Erik Cole and other than Brad Richards, there hasn't been a better UFA signing IMO...but you'll never get those who ripped Gauthier to admit that

please

Old
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
8 Months ago Subban was a beast on the PP, after adjusting his shot. It seems he's gone back to his old ways. Where is the coaching staff to help correct the issue? Obviously they aren't trying to work with him in the same way they did last year.
My opinion is that Subban didnt train very hard in the summer.. what happens to alot of kids thinking they are arrived... he obviously lacks stamina\endurance and strength this year..

Old
Ollie Williams

vCash: 356
I'll take the extra years of this contract any day if I never see Subban - Plekanec on the points in the Powerplay.

Old
12-09-2011, 04:27 PM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Thoughts and prayers

Old
12-09-2011, 04:27 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Two things come to mind !

First, just maybe Kaberle was playing like **** after realizing that he was playing in a ****** hockey market. He slowed down because of the motivation factor. After stepping out of two big hockey markets and going to the Carolina's.....Maybe the passion in MTL will revive him ?

Secondly, this means that the Habs have given up completely on Weber and we should expect a trade in the very near future.

Old
12-09-2011, 04:28 PM
HockeyMomx2

Quote:
Originally Posted by smon View Post
Why? Maybe now he's actually in game shape? He had 4 pts in the last 2 games, in fact. So this bit about him being in poor shape actually explains his craptacular play for the Canes.
Think he put up a few points right before the trade to Boston to. Guess what? He was no where near in the condition that our guys were in and flat out could not handle the level and intensity of skating expected from him here. You guys are faster than we are, he couldn't hang with our boys, you think he's going to all of a sudden be in that kind of shape for you? Good luck, hopefully for your sakes he is as you're stuck with him for the next 2 years. At least we were able to dump him after a couple of months.

Old
12-09-2011, 04:29 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 50
Another brutal trade.

Now watch them let Gorges/Kostitsyn go this summer.

Bring back Georges Gillet! **** you molson

Old
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
No way Gorges makes more than 2.75.. Good vet with a great attitude, but a quality bottom pairing defenseman, no more..
I think Gorges is going to ditch us. Ugly negotiations last year and here we are overpaying for other over the hill players. It won't surprise me at all if he jumps ship.

Old
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMomx2 View Post
B's fan here in peace to offer my sympathies.
Well, while Kaberle has been a desastrous experience for you guys overall, he still clicked pretty well with Seidenberg in the finale round against the Nucks when Julien took Chara off the first PP unit..

Old
12-09-2011, 04:31 PM
PyrettaBlaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
First, just maybe Kaberle was playing like **** after realizing that he was playing in a ****** hockey market. He slowed down because of the motivation factor. After stepping out of two big hockey markets and going to the Carolina's.....Maybe the passion in MTL will revive him ?

Secondly, this means that the Habs have given up completely on Weber and we should expect a trade in the very near future.
Umm.. Did you not see him play in Boston? He singlehandedly killed their powerplay and was just downright awful for them. Your motivation argument doesn't make any sense.

Old
12-09-2011, 04:33 PM
Bob in Niagara

I like this acquisition.....for sure Kaberle has a lot left in the tank....and he will be a positive addition to the team....he may end up being a great mentor for PK.....we have to make some other moves now for salary reasons....so I see Weber's name coming up soon....hopefully some other moves also...(Gomez one way or another) ..and what do we do once Markov returns....could Gill be next to go (wishful thinking)?..lol

Old
groovejuice

Quote:
My opinion is that Subban didnt train very hard in the summer.. what happens to alot of kids thinking they are arrived... he obviously lacks stamina\endurance and strength this year..
THere were many videos in the off season showing exactly the opposite. Subban trains extremely hard. His slightly disappointing season is due to other factors.

Old
Stu

Leafs fan here. It's a shame because Kab's play declined fairly rapidly over the last couple of years he was with us. We were hoping we were going to get something nice back for him and the B's definitely overpaid.

Hopefully for him he will get some of his old form back but he definitely isn't worth his contract any more, especially not for this season and the next 2 seasons.

Old
12-09-2011, 04:34 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Umm.. Did you not see him play in Boston? He singlehandedly killed their powerplay and was just downright awful for them. Your motivation argument doesn't make any sense.
Ummm maybe he was still shocked with the trade. It does happen you know, they are human beings. He still had more points than the big doofus in the playoffs with less on ice time. But hey your crystal ball is the expensive one so....

Old
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Sorry guys this is my fault.

I said during the playoffs "wow thank god we didn't trade for Kaberle"

Old
jwolf

Well it seems more and more obvious that Markov isn't coming back anytime soon. Maybe not until next season. The only other reason for trading a pending UFA for an underachiever with 2 yrs left on his contract is panic.
I hate this trade. Kaberle used to be a great PP point man, but he's been on a serious decline for about a year and a half. 33 year old defensemen don't usually sort themselves out and get better - they get worse. Hopefully, this is a prelude to a good-ole-fashioned house cleaning.
But the most depressing part of this move is how clearly it indicates that Markov won't be coming back.

Old
llamateizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
-Saw the trade.
-Was so pissed about it.
-Went to the gym thinking that it was just a bad dream.
-Came back from gym.
-Went on hfboards and saw the thread of the trade.
-Still pissed off.

infinite loop
this is what youll look like

Old
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
I'm pretty sure the Bruins' PP last year was already dead when Kaberle got there.

Old
12-09-2011, 04:35 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Well, while Kaberle has been a desastrous experience for you guys overall, he still clicked pretty well with Seidenberg in the finale round against the Nucks when Julien took Chara off the first PP unit..
Chara was put in front of the net if i am not mistaken. Boston also had the third worst PP in the playoffs last year. They allowed more short handed goals then they scored on the PP.

Old
12-09-2011, 04:35 PM
swimmer77
Post Oates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Because they never signed him to replace Markov. Campoli said that the habs contacted him the moment he became a UFA after Chicago walked away from the arbitration awarding.
True but the Habs only signed him after Markov contracted kneeitis again. In other words had Markov been good to go would Campoli have been signed? At that point the Habs also had Woywitka.

Old
12-09-2011, 04:36 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by smon View Post
When you take on a guy whose GM says "I should have known better" in context of the signing... you're a failure at life if it doesn't work out in your favor. Just saying.

Kaberle is soft as butter and isn't a shooter, if this doesn't work out Gauthier looks like a damn fool. You can be certain he'll be fired by years end if this doesn't work out in our favor. Having 11+ million in cap to a guy who can barely hold a 4th line C position and a guy who isn't a #6 == we won't be a contender for years unless something drastic is done.

Closed Thread